PDA

View Full Version : Jailhouse Rock or All Shook Up

TCBnAflash
01-25-2008, 05:23 AM
I've always been puzzled as to why after Elvis got out of the ARMY, RCA decided to continue the, "All Shook Up", Style, with a song like, "Stuck On You" instead of following one the coolest songs ever written, Jailhouse Rock?

rocknroll
01-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Elvis changed and the music followed.

john carpenter
01-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Elvis original version of Jailhouse Rock (1957) was the best. As he got older he couldn't sing in the same range. He had more of a Baratone (deep) voice,i guess that's why.When Elvis sang "Trying to get to you" In 1977,he said "My voice was a lot higher back then, you got to have it built in the right place". Don't ask me what that means,i have no clue. LOL

Sonny
01-26-2008, 01:41 PM
LOL JC... Did he say that during the concerts, or could it be: you gotta have the belt in the right place?

Sonny

TCBnAflash
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Ture guys, I just read in that Recording Session book, that Elvis didn't like, "Stuck On You", but he loved, "Fame & Fortune". They said the same thing that, RCA was leaning towards the All Shook Up sound.
True about Jailhouse Rock the 50's is the best version. The same goes for, Hound Dog.

Getlo
01-27-2008, 09:13 AM
"My voice was a lot higher back then, you got to have it built in the right place". Don't ask me what that means,i have no clue. LOL

That's because he actually said, "You've got to have the belt in the right place" (to be able to sing the song). In other words, he hitches up his belt, putting "strain" on his privates, causing his voice to go up an octave and be able to sing the song as he used to.

Har-de-har ... ;)

Sonny
01-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Like stated before.