PDA

View Full Version : being elvis' manager

E.L.V.I.S
09-06-2004, 05:00 PM
this is another what if but maybe a more intresting one...

i was thinking today,what if i was elvis' manager?

It would be cool to know what you would have done different and maybe what you would have advised elvis to do.

Let me start,

i would have suggested elvis getting the role as james bond.Imagine elvis as james bond.I would have insisted that the shows/films also contained no soundtrack just a chance for elvis to display his acting ability.

Another thing i would have tried to do for elvis is to get him into a series on tv.Maybe a comedy like 'follow that dream' but shown once a week.

My final offer to elvis (for now) would have been to try and get him a role in a serious mafia film.Imagine elvis as a italian mafia member in 1970 or 1968? a dark black suit and cool car taking crap from no one (h) .Would have suited him down to the ground,maybe even like the original al pacino?

thats my suggestions for now,whats yours?

buttonhead
09-06-2004, 05:07 PM
Makes me thinking..
elvis old manager Tom parker, may have done alot of wrong decisions on elvis movie career, but yet..i think elvis still need to take some acting class or something before he became James Bond ;)
To be honest, i dont like it when elvis got to his " Memphizz" accent as he played his role on his movie...I mean even Nicole Kidman could a little bit let go her accent,...she must learn alot so..i think that first thing first for elvis manager to do on elvis.

Well, if i were the manager, since i dont have problem with my passport , visa...nationality ( unlike Tom...) I would have arrange this WORLD TOUR CONCERT for elvis,..there is big world out there and he should have world tour..is that off the topic :hmm:

Thats all i can say about that, ( for now ) (y)
BTW,...Aron, are you going to give me a straight 'A' for these answer :hmm:

E.L.V.I.S
09-06-2004, 05:11 PM
BTW,...Aron, are you going to give me a straight 'A' for these answer
i dont understand :blink: :hmm: :lol:

yeh i too think a world tour should have happend.Elvis would have loved this and so would the fans in countries other then america :'( .

Like yourself buttonhead i would have set elvis up with some acting classes.Maybe even got him trained by famous actors of his time? :hmm:

buttonhead
09-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Ehh, nevermind about the 'A's..

I think that since its about Mafia movie,..someone should let him to have acting lesson with Marlon Brando or maybe Robert Deniro, I dont know, i think Elvis would be so happy to make a new movie about karate, i believe he would love those fighting scene, directed them ..i might be wrong.
:blink:

quinn53
09-06-2004, 07:13 PM
If I were his manager I would have let him be more of himself, especially when he got out of the army. I think the colonel wanted to tone him down because of all the controversy in the 50's. Also, he wouldn't have made those silly movies. I would have let him record with James Brown. I would mix up his tours. One year with a full orchestra, one year with a smoking rock band, and a gospel tour for sure. He's gotta do what he loves.

E.L.V.I.S
09-07-2004, 12:41 AM
wish you were his manager,your suggestions would have been perfect for elvis :'(

Lonniebealestreet
09-07-2004, 04:07 PM
You're so right about that, quinn: he's gotta do what he loves.

After orchestrating the big record and movie contracts in the early going, then it was time to stand back and let the artist be the artist. Had Elvis been allowed to follow his instincts and indulge his passions, his amazing career could have really been so much more. That's hard to fathom, but true, I believe.

The world was his for the taking (for the long term), but the world ended up taking him before his time.

julieann
09-08-2004, 04:25 PM
i know this subject is a 'What If' subject.

If i was Elvis's manager. What would I do?

I would have gotten him out of those lame movies ASAP - and lose whatever money. Let Elvis concentrate in his music Career.

I wouldn't have booked him to do back to back twice nightly concerts in the 70's.

I would have made him get loads of rest.

Also I would have tried my ****ed hardest to sort out his prescription depency problems - i would have gotten outside help too - as no one person could have helped solve this problem alone.

If only...

P.S. Annie
09-08-2004, 10:18 PM
If I were his manager I would have let him be more of himself, especially when he got out of the army. I think the colonel wanted to tone him down because of all the controversy in the 50's. Also, he wouldn't have made those silly movies. I would have let him record with James Brown. I would mix up his tours. One year with a full orchestra, one year with a smoking rock band, and a gospel tour for sure. He's gotta do what he loves.

You have my vote, although I'm not sure about the James Brown thing....