PDA

View Full Version : Do you have an Elvis buddy?

MissyM
01-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Besides here or are you a closet Elvis fan. No one (except hubs) that I am on this site or am so interested in him and love his music so much. Anyone else you know crazy for Elvis??

TEDDYBEAR64
01-10-2008, 01:46 AM
there are several of us that live on the same street

LianaKaralivanou
01-10-2008, 01:52 AM
My brother!

hounddog
01-10-2008, 01:54 AM
do you mean outside of TCb world? Then no not really had a few when i was a teen but lost contact with them.

utmom2008
01-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Yes.....I would have to say that the entire town knows about Elvis and I. Like I've told you before...my town is a little-bitty town where everybody knows everybody. I remember when my kids were in school, even their teachers would ask them about "Mom and Elvis." :D:D

Diane
01-10-2008, 01:57 AM
This area we're living in is loaded with Elvis fans. Yesterday at one of the nursing homes they celebrated Elvis' birthday by playing songs all over the building and were looking forward to a movie in the evening. They even went so far as to have an Elvis themed exercise session in which several little old ladies tried to shake as Elvis used to....must have been so cute to watch. This was told to me by my daughter who works there and she said they were adorable. :)

Also my two dearest lifelong friends in the world are also avid Elvis fans so I feel pretty comfortable being a wide open Elvis fan. Anyone who should poo-poo me for for being crazy about him and his music gets a smile and my back. :)

Diane

MissyM
01-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Lucky you guys. I'm pretty much a "Closet Fan." I'm thinking for my birthday I'll have a "coming out party." that way they can get me some stuff. LOL

Diane
01-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Go for it Missy!!!! :)(y)

Diane

utmom2008
01-10-2008, 02:05 AM
Lucky you guys. I'm pretty much a "Closet Fan." I'm thinking for my birthday I'll have a "coming out party." that way they can get me some stuff. LOL
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: That's great Missy!! Come on out of that closet!! (y)(y)

john carpenter
01-10-2008, 02:24 AM
No,i wouldn't say say i'm a "closeted Elvis fan".And no,i dont have any friends that are into Elvis like i am.Most everyone i know...Knows i'm a big Elvis fan.Even my relatives who see me say "Have you seen Elvis lately? Or are you still into Elvis? My late uncle even used to call me Elvis ,or say"you look more like Elvis everytime i see you.They just don't understand,and i can't explain why i"m such a fan.Only to say i love his music,and admire him for his generousity.:king::clap:

Awickedreigndrop
01-10-2008, 02:33 AM
My best friend's cousin is my Elvis buddy, though she's just 11 years old. Sometimes we give each other things, she gave me these collector's stamps and I got her a Elvis dvd and some posters.

SweetCaroline
01-10-2008, 03:39 AM
No one around me as nuts for Elvis as me :D
The only other nutcakes for Elvis I know... are on the boards. ;):D

Jungleroom76
01-10-2008, 03:59 AM
My Elvis buddy (that doesn't belong to TCB-World) has to be my wife!! (y)

Actually, when I first met my wife, she didn't know much about Elvis. Now, she is a HUGE Elvis fan too!!! :D

TCB!
Mike

samiam125
01-10-2008, 06:16 AM
No, I don't have an Elvis buddy but my friends and family know that I am a fan.

For my birthday recently my friends threw me a surprise Elvis party. They all hired Elvis costumes, had life size Elvis posters and played Elvis music all night. It was great!

:D

cameron
01-10-2008, 09:50 AM
I have two "close" Elvis friends that I've never met "in person".
Known them about 5 years now. The things we tell each other .....
personal and will always stay that way. :blush:

I've met many super nice people through the years and some "not so nice".
In person and on the Net. My whole family knows I'm an Elvis fan, my friends and even my doctor . I've discovered there's a lot of fans out here.
They're where I've gotten a lot of music, pictures,videos , etc. Elvis fans just love to share . (y)

maria1073
01-10-2008, 10:12 AM
No, I don't have an Elvis buddy but my friends and family know that I am a fan

Burning_Love
01-10-2008, 12:45 PM
YEAH YEAH YEAH !!

My friend Emily, who lives near me, she is just like me !:clap: She is on the site too, known as "Jailhouse-rocker". And we talk Elvis ALL the time on msn :clap:...It's fuuun :wub:

Albert
01-10-2008, 01:00 PM
my father was an Elvisfan as a kid. Now he can't be considered a real fan anymore, but he's still a great admirer of Elvis' music. So we both enjoy listening to Elvis music when we're together.

A guy that I know in my town is also an Elvisfan, but I visit him rarely.

Burning_Love
01-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Oh yes, and my dad too is a big fan and we have long discussions about him. And my granddad, well to be honest, i have never seen a bigger Elvis fan yet :lol: he has LOADS of Elvis Stuff, and i ask him a question and he knows it, all about Elvis.

ksimms2
01-10-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm not a closet Elvis fan by any means....I wear Elvis tshirts - have Elvis license plate on my car - rear window bumper sticker and have mostly Elvis cd's in my car and at work....Elvis all over my walls in my room.....I buy Elvis photo's off ebay (originals)....(oh and collect memorabilia such as the 68 Comeback Doll in leather, etc.)

However, I don't have any local friends who are as into him as I am - except this cute little 8 yr old girl I met thru Elvis - Aimee....I've shared some Elvis items with her to get her a good collection started..

My main Elvis friends are through here and a couple of Elvis yahoo groups I belong to...and my Elvis friends on myspace that seek me out....but most of my myspace friends are through here too....

Missy, you come out of that Elvis closet! You are missing out on all kinds of cool Elvis gifts!!

MissyM
01-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey, there are people in this family who already think I'm nuts, so what could it hurt right! LOL

poormansgold
01-10-2008, 01:32 PM
My Elvis Buddy is My Aunt June, She was one got me hook on Elvis I was 16 old now i'm 47 now, I got few more Elvis buddy's, i'm not that close too them , I know them from past and by E-mail or buy things from them .
Tom

goodelvisgirl
01-10-2008, 01:49 PM
yep my uncle is an elvis fan he even dresses in the old 50's style with the same elvis hair style my other uncle likes elvis and my mum and grandma like him but i'm the worst
and the bigest all out fan plus i am friends with man who does elvis tributes and he loves elvis so there are a few but not really any big fans apart from me and the elvis tribute

john carpenter
01-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Oh, i forgot to mention..my Mother loved Elvis until he went to the Army.She said after he came out he wasn't the same.But she did say when she was 17 (in 1956)that he could put his shoes under her bed anytime.I said "Moma you're so bad" LoL.

KPM
01-10-2008, 10:52 PM
I have never been a closet fan-I ran into an old high school pal (from one of the 4 high schools I attended) and after a few minutes chat he asked with a smile "are you still crazy about Elvis"? I was known for moving alot and my love of Elvis.
My aunt is a huge fan. My brothers are good fans. One has played music for 25 years in different bands-because of Elvis when you get right down to it.
He will tell you its because I had a band in the late 60s and early 70s-but I had a band because of Elvis- so in truth my brothers love of music is because of Elvis:D

thedoc
01-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Only Zey(4theheart) and her family.

TEDDYBEAR64
01-11-2008, 12:30 AM
glad to see so many have of you have"others" to be buddies with... as i said there are several on my street but i`m the only one with an elvis tattoo:blush:

presley31
01-11-2008, 12:32 AM
I have a elvis buddy but he doesn't know to much, just likes to dance and watch whatever mommy puts on.:)

Diane
01-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Go Anthony Go! :lol:

Diane

presley31
01-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Go Anthony Go! :lol:

Diane

yep he sure likes to move, clean up your own backyard he seems to like so he has something in common with you diane:lol::)

Diane
01-11-2008, 12:37 AM
The kid has good taste! (y)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Diane

cprimm
01-11-2008, 01:26 AM
My best Elvis friend is the one who went to Memphis with me shortly after Elvis died. She still likes E but is not as "ate up" as I am. Also, I have a neighbor friend who likes Elvis. Everyone knows I love E and don't understand it since he is gone.

retroprincess
01-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Well I've been an Elvis fan since I was a little girl, and everyone's always known about it, lol! I have actually had people who haven't seen me in like, 30 odd years come up to me and the first thing they've said is, "do you still like Elvis??" (YES!!!).

My daughter is nearly 4, she thinks Elvis is very handsome, and her favourite Elvis song is 'Tiger Man', which she sings to at the top of her voice!! I am not making this up, I have it on video!!!

I knew quite a few Elvis fans back in Sydney, but have only just recently connected with some here in Melbourne, mostly thanks to seeing ETA Max Pellicano's concerts.

The closet is no place for an Elvis fan, I say LOL!!!

Jumpsuit Junkie
01-11-2008, 12:49 PM
I know a few people who admire Elvis but not what could be called Elvis fans by any stretch of the imagination... So I am all alone apart from my friends on TCB :'(

riley
01-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Everyone knows I'm a huge elvisfan. But my closest elvis buddies are people I met on the net, (to all my friends I love you all)

in real day to day life I don't have Elvis buddies....

Don't talk about Elvis that much either unless they explicitely ask and I never bother to respond on stupid questions either....

keke23
01-11-2008, 05:35 PM
I have a ferret named Elvis and he seems to like it when I play Elvis' music.

Does that count?:)

Gary1
01-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Everyone knows I'm a huge elvisfan. But my closest elvis buddies are people I met on the net, Same here.:)

riley
01-11-2008, 05:46 PM
;):D:D:D:notworthy

Rover
01-11-2008, 07:39 PM
The only people I know who like Elvis are on this forum...hugs to all of you my Elvis buddies :hug:
There is also a kid at my school, he is into the Beatles...we often pretend to fight about who was better, Elvis or the Beatles. It's funny to think that some of you probably had this kind of fight for real, while we're doing it for fun now :P

TEDDYBEAR64
01-12-2008, 12:11 AM
yes we did i`m an ELVIS fan ,...my sister likes the beatles

Broussey
01-12-2008, 03:35 AM
NO! i don't i wish i did ..BUT EVERYONE knows my relationship with Elvis in my inner circle

rickb
01-12-2008, 05:43 AM
I got into Elvis 30+ years ago because of friends.
I count all the people on these boards as my Elvis friends and I shout my allegiance loud and wide.
However, I only have one `real' Elvis buddy whom I keep in touch with via email etc.
Cheers
Rick

Suzan
01-12-2008, 07:57 AM
I got into Elvis 30+ years ago because of friends.
I count all the people on these boards as my Elvis friends and I shout my allegiance loud and wide.
However, I only have one `real' Elvis buddy whom I keep in touch with via email etc.
Cheers
Rick

So VERY WELL said and I have to agree! Though my affiliation w/Elvis started thru my folks.:D
I have a lot Elvis buddies and 4 VERY SPECIAL Elvis buddies. He and she (respectfully) know who they are. :)

boogie
01-12-2008, 08:08 AM
yes i have two close friends who are as crazy as me of our man

TLC67
01-12-2008, 05:25 PM
I have 2 co-workers that are fans, one whom is almost as E crazy as I am. My hubby is also a fan so he puts up with my "habit".

rhythmknights
01-16-2008, 11:29 PM
most everyone I know, knows i'm an Elvis fan, but i can't share info about him with anyone, except on this site. my mom is a big fan, dad puts up with us, but even Mom & i don't sit around talking Elvis all the time.

LORRIELOVESELVIS
01-16-2008, 11:37 PM
MAN THERE ARE ALOT HERE IN -VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!!(y):)

Lisarose
01-17-2008, 05:35 AM
I am hardly a closet fan. There's always an Elvis cd in my car and there's an Elvis sticker on my car's rear windshield. I have several friends that I can talk Elvis with - one who saw Elvis in Houston at the Livestock show several times & there are more than a couple of co-workers who share my feelings for Elvis!

chrissy0418
01-17-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm 22 so most people look at me a little funny when I tell them that I'm an Elvis fan. But usually I can convince them to watch one of his movies, and then they usually get hooked.

CRITTERGITTER
01-17-2008, 02:58 PM
My best Elvis buddies don't live in the same town as I do, but we meet in Memphis in Jan and August. When we get there it is like we never were apart. We email alot too. We've been buddies for at least 30 years (longer than some people can stay married). I have one buddy that we talk on the phone once or twce a week, all about Elvis. I'm reluctant to talk to new people about Elvis. Don't want to have to start screaming and cursing at them because they say something stupid.

Lonniebealestreet
01-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi, chrissy. I'm curious when you recommend they watch one of his movies and it works, have you recommended specific movies (if so, which ones?) or do you just tell them to watch any and that does the trick? I would be surprised if the latter is the case; that's why I'm asking.

Most of my Elvis buddies are my TCB friends but my wife and my best friend are both Elvis fans and were before I was, actually. I'm perhaps more obsessive about it than they are though...OK, there's no 'perhaps' about it. :P

chrissy0418
01-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Hi, chrissy. I'm curious when you recommend they watch one of his movies and it works, have you recommended specific movies (if so, which ones?) or do you just tell them to watch any and that does the trick? I would be surprised if the latter is the case; that's why I'm asking.

I find that Jailhouse Rock usually does the trick. Among the Elvis "converts", that's been probably the most popular. Although some of the ones that they like after they are hooked do surprise me.

john carpenter
01-18-2008, 12:21 AM
January 17, 2008..update, I was watching EIC and my roomate came home and said "aint you sick of Elvis yet? I said "no". I guess i need an Elvis rehab, i'm addicted to Elvis and T.C.B. World. Well if i'm sick i never want to get well. LOL

MissyM
01-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Well John, you are in good company ya know!

presley31
01-18-2008, 12:29 AM
January 17, 2008..update, I was watching EIC and my roomate came home and said "aint you sick of Elvis yet? I said "no". I guess i need an Elvis rehab, i'm addicted to Elvis and T.C.B. World. Well if i'm sick i never want to get well. LOL

l think l may need elvis rehab too:lol:

Sammycakes
01-18-2008, 02:02 AM
Nope. No Elvis buddies. And there are only a couple people that know I'm a fan. Some people I wouldn't dare tell because I know what they would say. Don't get me wrong, I'm not embarrassed to be a fan, but I just get sick of having to explain why I llike him. People are so ignorant.:cursing: