PDA

View Full Version : All-Elvis Channel on Sirius Radio

Jungleroom76
01-09-2008, 05:08 AM
I was curious to find out what listeners of the All-Elvis channel on Sirius Radio think about it. :hmm:

I have always been intrigued about it and now I see that Sirius has a new offer where you can sign up for Sirius internet radio for $12.99 per month and listen to their channels directly over the internet. I am planning on signing up for their 3 day trial period to hear the Elvis channel for myself, but I thought I would get some of your opinions about it to see if it is worth/not worth investing in.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/opinions! (y)

TCB!
Mike

JDD
01-09-2008, 05:11 AM
I enjoy it myself, particularly the Friday afternoon show because of all the nice extra Interviews that George Klein seems to get with both those that knew Elvis, and those that were influenced by him.

JD

Suzan
01-09-2008, 06:00 AM
I like it, they play good music and the interviews are great...I think it's worth it.:)

RS277
01-09-2008, 06:55 AM
Theres nothing like it!!! Haven't listened to anything else since I subscribed several years ago. Highly recommended (y)(y)

SeeSeeRider777
01-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Theres nothing like it!!! Haven't listened to anything else since I subscribed several years ago. Highly recommended (y)(y)

Me too. It is the best channel on Sirius.

Suzan
01-09-2008, 07:11 AM
I thought it was the only channel on Sirius? LOL Kidding, but might as well be, it's all I listen to. :D

Frankieg
01-09-2008, 07:17 AM
I've had Sirius radio for 3 1/2 years now and it's the best investment I have ever made in radio.

I listen to several different stations, but channel 13, is my all time fav !!! :)

What else could you ask for when you got Elvis at the drop of a hat ???

President Presley
01-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I find it strange to pay $12.99 a month while you can listen for free here on
the TCB site, and most records I got at home so I won't pay twice for a song
I already have. And don't they have enough cash by now at Graceland and mr. Klein?
JMO.

Lonniebealestreet
01-09-2008, 03:03 PM
A couple years ago, I guess, I had Sirius for a while. One of the things I observed then about Channel 13 -- and maybe things have improved -- was that I heard the same songs over and over. I know Elvis does not have a limitless catalogue but it seemed to me that they could have made things more interesting and changed things up a bit by playing more rarities more often instead of all the E1/E2 material and some other songs most of the time. (Kinda like what a typical oldies station does but this being one artist, obviously.)

It felt like every time I tuned in I heard I Want You, I Need You, I Love You; Way Down; then Playing For Keeps. That's an exaggeration but you get the picture. I hope that's not so much the case anymore. Doing the three-day trial should answer that for you if you keep it playing long enough.

Suzan
01-09-2008, 03:29 PM
No not so much the case anymore.:)
I like the rarities they play, or when they pick an album and play it.

I have the records (and cd's now, slowly but surely LOL)...but I stll like to have the radio option avail. I like options! LOL

Jungleroom76
01-09-2008, 11:46 PM
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR OPINIONS!!! (y)

Of course, since I have many Elvis CD's, it wouldn't necessarily be just to hear songs I don't have in my collection that I tune in for, but to hear the various D.J.'s and special guests. And from looking over their website, it seems like they have a wide variety of different programs and special shows they do (like Soundtrack Saturday Night, In Concert, the GK show, etc.)

Guess I'll have to give that 3-day trial a spin...and don't worry...I'll still tune into the TCB Radio shows whenever I can as well!! Can NEVER have too much Elvis!!! :D

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!

TCB!
Mike

cprimm
01-10-2008, 04:03 AM
Mike, I have had this over a year. I do enjoy Friday afternoons with George Kline. My husband complains about them playing the same songs that he just heard earlier and he hates the "remixes". He thinks they play remixes because he is listening; he will turn it off when they come on. I like listening over the internet and also in my car. If you take a long trip, you can listen to Elvis all the way and not worry about losing the signal. I can still listen to TCB radio when it is on. Also, they do talk to people who come to Graceland, find out where they are from and when they became Elvis fans. You can also find out what is going on at Graceland. I enjoy Elvis on Sirius.

Jungleroom76
01-10-2008, 04:23 AM
Thanks cprimm!! (y)

Actually, despite the many glaring errors in his stories, I enjoyed listening to G.K.'s "Original Elvis Hour" when he was still on WOTO! That is actually one of the reasons I am thinking about the whole Sirius thing...for all of his inaccuracies, G.K. is entertaining to listen to!!

I was just looking at the upcoming schedule and it seems that weekends have the best programming, so I think I will use my 3-day trial period from Sirius over the upcoming weekend to see if it would be worth the $12.95 investment each month!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO.!!! :D

TCB!
Mike

rocknroll
01-10-2008, 04:57 AM
Of course the music is great but the DJ's are pretty lame. As a former DJ, it irritates the hell out of me when they talk over the complete beginning of a song. I want to hear the intro to Burning Love and Promised Land, not some DJ telling me what I'm hearing until Elvis comes in.

Jungleroom76
01-10-2008, 05:01 AM
Really??? :hmm:

Thanks for the info. rocknroll!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Frankieg
01-10-2008, 06:11 AM
I find it strange to pay $12.99 a month while you can listen for free here on
the TCB site

Who pays $12.99 a month ?

I certainly don't and never did.

I had Sirius for 3 years str8 and paid $49.00, plus taxes ...

I just re-newed for an extra 6 months for my Honda CRV, which makes it 2 accounts, and only paid $13.99, plus tax ...

check for better deals President Presley.

Jungleroom76
01-12-2008, 05:31 AM
The $12.99 per month fee is for internet subscription service only, which is the way I would have to go since I don't have any of the equipment to pick up Sirius any other way. I do know that if you are already a subscriber to the service, then if you add the internet service also you get a cheaper rate.

I just signed up for my free 3 day trial and am listening to it as we speak! They played the CLOSING NIGHT FTD for the Friday night concert series and right now they are playing an alt. take of I'M MOVIN' ON. I have heard some excellent music over the last 3 hours I have been tuned in and have not heard one repeated song yet!!

So far, I am definitely impressed... :D

TCB!
Mike

TLC67
01-12-2008, 06:30 PM
I love it! Especially the "alternate takes", Radio Vault, and interviews, as well as keeping updated on Elvis news. I pay 12.99 total a month and get it in my car and on the internet for that price.
p.s. I forgot to mention the 1 hour concerts on Friday nights!!

presley31
01-12-2008, 06:50 PM
I don't get to listern to the radio much so its pointless to get that Sirius Radio, the only thing l really listern to is my own music and the radio shows. Looks like a good idea to others though.

SeeSeeRider777
01-12-2008, 07:36 PM
This is a first for me, yesterday when I was driving I heard Moody Blue 4 times in about 5 hours.

cameron
01-12-2008, 07:55 PM
I did their trial thing a long time ago. Can't say I was impressed .
As some have said; I have all the music so why pay for something I already have ? I've enjoyed some of the interviews ,but generally , I don't listen to the radio much. Bit, those that do should at least try it .

franny
01-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Who have they interviewed and how often is that done?

franny

cameron
01-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Who have they interviewed and how often is that done?

franny

http://www.sirius.com/elvisradio
hope this helps.

Johnny
01-13-2008, 12:08 AM
I did their trial thing a long time ago. Can't say I was impressed .
As some have said; I have all the music so why pay for something I already have ? I've enjoyed some of the interviews ,but generally , I don't listen to the radio much. Bit, those that do should at least try it .

I couldn't agree more - I did the three day trial, thought to myself "I have all the music, why pay to listen to what I already have on cd?" and I don't care about the interviews - I can access them on YouTube and elsewhere, and besides, I've often wondered why the members of the Memphis Mafia (and others that were around Elvis) are still being interviewed after these 30 years - most, if not all, of the questions have been answered in some past interviews

franny
01-13-2008, 12:10 AM
http://www.sirius.com/elvisradio
hope this helps.

Thanks, for the link cameron. (y)

franny

cprimm
01-13-2008, 04:44 AM
Thanks cprimm!! (y)

Actually, despite the many glaring errors in his stories, I enjoyed listening to G.K.'s "Original Elvis Hour" when he was still on WOTO! That is actually one of the reasons I am thinking about the whole Sirius thing...for all of his inaccuracies, G.K. is entertaining to listen to!!

I was just looking at the upcoming schedule and it seems that weekends have the best programming, so I think I will use my 3-day trial period from Sirius over the upcoming weekend to see if it would be worth the $12.95 investment each month!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO.!!! :D

TCB!
Mike

Well, I only got to listen to GK for a while Friday afternoon. He interviewed Jerry Chestnut. You can look up the songs that he wrote. He wrote "It's Midnight", "Love Coming Down" and "TROUBLE" for Elvis. He told that he and James Brown were standing by Elvis' casket when it was first opened at Graceland. He had interesting tales to tell.

GK may not get all the details correct, but he was there and has a lot of connections with the Elvis world.

With my subscription to Sirius (vehicle), I get to listen on the internet at no extra cost. You might as well get a subscription for your vehicle and listen on the internet too.

Jungleroom76
01-13-2008, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the info. cprimm!! (y)

I agree completely about GK! As I said, for all the inaccuracies in his stories he WAS there and he is entertaining to listen to in my opinion!

Right now I am listening to "Soundtrack Saturday Night" and it is quite good! Very good mix of songs, as well as alternate versions!

Gotta say I am very impressed with Elvis Radio thus far... :)

TCB!
Mike