PDA

View Full Version : Tartan tribute for the King.

presley31
12-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Tartan tribute for the King.

LISA Marie Presley has reportedly commissioned an Edinburgh kiltmaker to create an official Elvis tartan.

The daughter of the King of rock and roll came to the Capital last week. The 39-year-old songwriter has been looking into ways of strengthening Elvis's Scottish heritage, after it emerged his ancestors hailed from Aberdeenshire. She visited 21st Century Kilts on the Royal mile.

After speaking to designer Howie Nicholsby, Lisa Marie learned she could claim the maiden name of Elvis's mother, Gladys Smith, for her tartan.

2007/12/23 http://news.scotsman.com / www.epgold.com

presley31
12-23-2007, 06:10 PM
l didn't know elvis had Scottish heritage in him??

cameron
12-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Yes, I'd read that a year or so ago about his Scottish roots.
A friend of mine from the UK {also Scottish decent} dressed in his own kilt, had his picture taken and sent to me.
He never told me what they wore under them though. ;)

presley31
12-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Yes, I'd read that a year or so ago about his Scottish roots.
A friend of mine from the UK {also Scottish decent} dressed in his own kilt, had his picture taken and sent to me.
He never told me what they wore under them though. ;)

Lets just say you could feel a breeze under those kilts heheh

That is nice lisa is looking into that stuff about galdys and her fathers history.

Diane
12-23-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm very pleased too that Lisa is acknowledging Gladys in some way....I was getting worried there.:)

Diane

cameron
12-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Perhaps Lisa does much more than she's given credit for.
She's not one to announce her plans to the public.
And, I certainly agree with her on that .

presley31
12-23-2007, 06:49 PM
l agree cameron, l think there lots of stuff lisa does and we just don't hear about it or know. She is very private with some things.

Diane
12-23-2007, 06:53 PM
I agree with both of you, Lisa has had more than enough publicity. I think she's wise to keep as much as she can to herself.

Diane