PDA

View Full Version : You can't beleive everything Sir Elton say's!!!(Amazing '77 pic's!!!)

nolvis
12-18-2007, 01:11 AM
:xmas:This just proves how wrong people are that make ridiculous, ignorant and uneducated statement's.:xmas::newyear::newyear:(y):king:(y)

Tommy
12-18-2007, 01:20 AM
I cared about Elvis no matter what period of his life he was in. These are wonderful photos nolvis. We all just wish he could have stay longer and so many more songs could have been sung by him. Wish he was still with us. We all miss him nolvis.

nolvis
12-18-2007, 01:28 AM
:xmas:Thank's alot for your response Tommy!!!!! I wholeheartdly agree!!!!!:xmas:(y):king:(y):newyear::newyear:

Diane
12-18-2007, 01:32 AM
These are great pictures Nolvis, thanks for posting them.(y)

Diane

Tommy
12-18-2007, 01:33 AM
:xmas:Thank's alot for your response Tommy!!!!! I wholeheartdly agree!!!!!:xmas:(y):king:(y):newyear::newyear:

I understand how much you care nolvis, you are a great Elvis fan(y)

Happy Holidays nolvis,

:newyear::newyear::newyear::newyear::newyear:

Getlo
12-18-2007, 01:35 AM
:xmas:This just proves how wrong people are that make ridiculous, ignorant and uneducated statement's.

What is your point here, exactly ... that Elton was wrong about how Elvis looked in the latter months? And what, pray tell, was "ridiculous, ignorant and uneducated" about what Elton said?

Are you saying Elvis looks good in all of these pics? ;)

And the one you have marked as "Indy 77" is actually from Rapid City (see FECC thread for similar photos, and look at his hair - completely different from Indy).

Tommy
12-18-2007, 01:39 AM
Yes, he looks good!! Even in the later years Elvis would look better than anyone else. Certainly better looking than Elton!!:lol:

Merry
12-18-2007, 01:42 AM
I cared about Elvis no matter what period of his life he was in. These are wonderful photos nolvis. We all just wish he could have stay longer and so many more songs could have been sung by him. Wish he was still with us. We all miss him nolvis.

Yes, we do miss him, terribly.

Merry Christmas, Tommy.

Kimmi

Getlo
12-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Yes, he looks good!! Even in the later years Elvis would look better than anyone else.

Tommy, Tommy ... that's a bit of a stretch, is it not?

Certainly better looking than Elton!!:lol:

No argument there ... :D;)

presley31
12-18-2007, 01:52 AM
Wonderful pictures. elvis looked great even in the rough days. Thanks for posting.

nolvis
12-18-2007, 01:54 AM
Your welcome!

Merry
12-18-2007, 01:59 AM
:xmas:This just proves how wrong people are that make ridiculous, ignorant and uneducated statement's.:xmas::newyear::newyear:(y):king:(y)

Thanks nolvis! (y) :D

Merry Christmas, to you

:xmas:

:newyear:

Kimmi

nolvis
12-18-2007, 02:06 AM
Your very welcome, and the best of the Holiday's to you and your's!!!:newyear::newyear:

thedoc
12-18-2007, 02:35 AM
Poor Elton,he looks funny though.lol..Elvis was a beautiful package with an even more beautiful inside.Is this really all he could see in that man?yes he wasn't healthy and was tired for sure?anything else?well, maybe because it was a short meeting,otherwise Elton should have seen more to the man with those famous glasses of him.lol

Kris P
12-18-2007, 02:43 AM
I think Elton is now able to speak from experience as he recalls the events of all those years ago...........ie he suffered a very similar addiction/ lifestyle Presley endured in the last years, only Elton was lucky enough to survive.

thedoc
12-18-2007, 02:45 AM
Yes some survives longer but for what?..

Merry
12-18-2007, 02:58 AM
I think Elton is now able to speak from experience as he recalls the events of all those years ago...........ie he suffered a very similar addiction/ lifestyle Presley endured in the last years, only Elton was lucky enough to survive.

I wonder how much Elton "remembers" (to be kind to him). If my recollection is correct, from a previous interview, Elton stated that he was really out of it, for many years, incredibly so. He himself states, that he couldn't recall that time in his life, as much as he should have.

Remember, Elton also married some unfortunate Australian woman?

In my opinion, Elton likes to tell a "good story". He is kidding himself, if he thinks that he can cast dispersions, really.....(n)

Kim

P.S. I think Elvis looked sexy, the whole time.

SeeSeeRider777
12-18-2007, 03:05 AM
We all are huge Elvis fans and lets admit it Elvis did not look 42 in 1976-1977 he looked like he was in his late 50's. Its terrible to see a person's life spiral out of control in such a short time. We lost him too early, he could have done so much more. R.I.P. Elvis

rickb
12-18-2007, 03:10 AM
great pics and proof that there are as many good 77 shots out there as there are bad ones.
And off stage he usually looked quite okay, although overweight
rick

Kris P
12-18-2007, 03:23 AM
If I may add a few I consider to show EP still had it:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9208/77ws7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2085/augustacv5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7325/charolettefeb2077zi2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4130/77ghgxq9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9619/augustabiu4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Getlo
12-18-2007, 03:36 AM
Remember, Elton also married some unfortunate Australian woman?

No, he didn't. Renate Blauel was German.

SeeSeeRider777
12-18-2007, 03:37 AM
He lost everything except his voice. Us hardcore Elvis fans dont care what he looked like, he will always be the King, but he was not the same. His shows in the later years were average, and he wasnt giving it his all like he was from 68-73 (Aloha). (Flame Suit On)

rickb
12-18-2007, 03:37 AM
you may indeed
Thanks
Rick

Lonniebealestreet
12-18-2007, 04:35 AM
All great pics, nolvis and Kris. (y)

I love to see great shots of Elvis appearing to be happy and doing well in his final year, even if that was not necessarily the case or if those things were fleeting.

utmom2008
12-18-2007, 05:16 AM
Thanks for posting! While he might not have looked like he did at 35, neither did he appear to be in his late 50's as someone else posted. I do like the pics where he appears to be enjoying himself.:notworthy(y):notworthy

SeeSeeRider777
12-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Ok. Yeah my comment about he looked like he was in his late 50's was streching it, but he looked much older than he was.

Rover
12-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Wow...thanks for posting these pics :)
Right till the end he had his wonderful voice, this is what matters the most to me

elvislady
12-18-2007, 08:24 AM
No matter what at looked like from begining to end he still had that same beautiful smile.
elvislady:xmas:

riley
12-18-2007, 09:42 AM
IMO he even looked better in 1977 then in 1976. When I see those pics of him in Hawaii , he still was IMO no man to die so soon.

I still have a lot of questions regarding his death, I really do and that feeling never leaves me....

jak
12-18-2007, 10:30 AM
I didnt hear Elton say anything that wasnt true in his statements.Saying Elvis looked 62 was just him driving home a point.Elvis didnt look good during that Largo performance.I think that may have been the last time Elvis performed two shows on the same day while touring if I remember right.That didnt do him any favors either.You can always find some photos of Elvis that look better than others but I mean come on people.Those last two years were brutal on Elvis and it showed.Just use the very gallery on this site if you want to see the state of things.To me it's unfortunate that the photo's posted on this thread are supposedly showing a "good looking" Elvis towards the end.They show Elvis dying instead.Look at photos just 2 or 3 years prior and see if you still think he looks great in those pics posted.Im just saying to keep things in perspective.
Jak

Getlo
12-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Im just saying to keep things in perspective.

Good luck with that, jak! ;)

I'm with you, son.

Stryx
12-18-2007, 12:02 PM
I didnt hear Elton say anything that wasnt true in his statements.Saying Elvis looked 62 was just him driving home a point.Elvis didnt look good during that Largo performance.I think that may have been the last time Elvis performed two shows on the same day while touring if I remember right.That didnt do him any favors either.You can always find some photos of Elvis that look better than others but I mean come on people.Those last two years were brutal on Elvis and it showed.Just use the very gallery on this site if you want to see the state of things.To me it's unfortunate that the photo's posted on this thread are supposedly showing a "good looking" Elvis towards the end.They show Elvis dying instead.Look at photos just 2 or 3 years prior and see if you still think he looks great in those pics posted.Im just saying to keep things in perspective.
Jak

Well said Jak

Getlo
12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
"1977 is pure Elvis".

That comment still kills me, all these weeks later! :D;)

LianaKaralivanou
12-18-2007, 03:28 PM
That's a proof, indeed, Nolvis. Great pics. He never really lost his energy on stage.

Getlo
12-18-2007, 03:54 PM
IMO he even looked better in 1977 then in 1976.

Yeah? Check out the pics from Hollywood, Florida in February 1977. Compare them to any photo from 1976 then get back to me ...

jak
12-18-2007, 04:14 PM
That's a proof, indeed, Nolvis. Great pics. He never really lost his energy on stage.

You couldnt be farther from the truth.No offense but that statement defies all logic.

Sonny
12-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Maybe Liana means, by saying energy, he never lost his charisma on stage. And don't go nuts, but he still had that in his later years.

Sonny

stefankoch
12-18-2007, 05:13 PM
He lost everything except his voice. Us hardcore Elvis fans dont care what he looked like, he will always be the King, but he was not the same. His shows in the later years were average, and he wasnt giving it his all like he was from 68-73 (Aloha). (Flame Suit On)

I think you forget a lot of concerts in 74 - 75 and also a few in December 76.:mad:

Miss Clawdy
12-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Elton John describes his experiences with Elvis, what he felt and saw when he met him, he says things
about Elvis like: 'You don't lose that magic no matter how f****ed up you are'!! I didn't hear him say
one negative word about Elvis.

thedoc
12-18-2007, 05:50 PM
I don't know any other human being,who would've have the guts to be on stage and perform as he did in his health condition and tiredness, or carry the light and charisma he still had at the final stages of his life.So please find another reason to accuse and beat him up.Why on earth some fans can't get a goodnight sleep without feeling guilty of their admiration (must be something unwillingly)of the man(Elvis) and try to find something to say negative every now and then,about this most meaningful and loved life.This must be a serious psychological case,a little similar to the love-hate type of relationships.

utmom2008
12-18-2007, 05:51 PM
"1977 is pure Elvis".

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

utmom2008
12-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Maybe Liana means, by saying energy, he never lost his charisma on stage. And don't go nuts, but he still had that in his later years.

Sonny
You are right....charisma isn't tied to how much a person weighs. You either have it, or you don't...simple as that. And, let's be honest....he had more than 10 men put together.:D

Getlo
12-18-2007, 06:04 PM
So please find another reason to accuse and beat him up.

You need to re-read the posts again.

None of us who "dwell" :D on the "negatives" are bashing Elvis. What I, and many others, find utterly bizarre is how someone - anyone - can say stuff like "1977 is pure Elvis" with a straight face.

Or how anyone can say he never lost his energy on stage. It's the rose-coloured glasses thing rearing its ugly head once more.

Jumpsuit Junkie
12-18-2007, 06:29 PM
There are some fleeting moments in 1977 where Elvis put on a a good show, however we do have to get in the real world! What could be considered good in 1977 is way below 1973-74-75 and a far cry from 69-70

I don't doubt that Elvis gave the best that he could but you only have to watch the CBS shows to see that Elvis was struggling with his health and that was detrimental to his performances.

Seeing snapshot photographs do not tell the whole story, they catch a moment in time, he may look good in some but comparing them to even 1974 show a marked difference.

Diane
12-18-2007, 06:31 PM
There is a marked difference in all of us as we age, looks, energy etc. but Elvis had the extra load on his back of the addiction and poor health.

Diane

thedoc
12-18-2007, 07:03 PM
I just don't get it what are we trying to prove here.Elvis was the way he was supposed to be and what made him the person he is,what made him that much of an important and needed figure,even 30 years after his death,was no one but himself.Do we need to re-create him,or can we say there's another way in every human beings life that they can change to, whenever they wish? That's why I believe we do not disappear after the passing we call death.As an existed being,whatever or whoever we are,we need to go on a higher stage of awareness and enlightment and this is a long journey.As long as there's not a crime which hurts or endangers others,why we judge such a nice person as if we know or do,better than him,at least in this lifetime of ours.No need to be sad or mad for having a huge source of happines in our lives.I'm only thankful for such a person existed,and I'm sure he had a large perspective in life and knew more than we think, what and why he did,whatever it was.

Diane
12-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Nice post theDoc.(y)

Diane

CRITTERGITTER
12-18-2007, 07:17 PM
I'd like to say something. I saw Elvis on May 31, 1977 in Baton Rouge, LA. HE was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. When he came on stage, there was an energy about him that is hard to explain. Call it presence, call it charisma, call it aura, call it whatever you want, but that energy was there with him until the end. His voice was wonderful and he may not have moved as well as we had seen in the past, but you knew you were seeing someone special.

I am disturbed that there is not more sympathy voiced for Elvis. He had his problems but he did not put them out like some of the celebrities do now. Now rock stars put their drug use out in your face and seem to be applauded for it. Let's give him some credit.

rickb
12-19-2007, 12:10 AM
There's no doubting he still had `IT' right till the very end
rick

Jumpsuit Junkie
12-19-2007, 02:30 AM
There is no doubt Elvis had charisma, there is no doubt he had talent, there is now doubt he had an aura.

I have said this a million times, I would still give my eye, teeth to see Elvis in his worst show! We have analysed and criticised his worst and best efforts, we are still fans through the highs and lows of his life, that is why we are here.

What we should never do is hide the fact that the lows were extremely low, if you compare other stars of Elvis standing nobody has exhibited such a visible decline in terms of appearance and quality of show. We may not like to admit the fact that this is the case, but we have to look at the facts without having to be too critical or overly biased from a fan stand point.

By wearing rose tinted glasses and by being over protective, we are as guilty as those that were around Elvis and allowed this decline to happen without stern intervention! I can just hear Joe saying after the CBS show in the car "Great Show Elvis, Great Show" But was it that great compared in context of the Aloha show? No, I don't think any evidence can be brought to show that this is the case. In fact the Aloha show has been generally described as a subdued show for 1973, so 1977 can only be described as lacking the awe inspiring experience that was displayed only three years previous. Fans of Elvis were attracted to his looks, appearance, vitality and voice, some of these things were effected in later years.

Yes there are moments of brilliance in 1977, Yes there were flashes of the king, but by admitting that he was less than God like is not being sacrilegious. There are several pictures out there from 1977 that capture Elvis in a good light, however this is generally the exception to the rule.. I'm not saying he looks bad, but he does look ill. Elvis' visible decline from 1975-77 does not show a normal man over the same period of time, you only have to look at the likes of Tom Jones to see that this is not the case. People generally change slowly over a period of 5 years, the Elvis of 72 cannot be compared to the Elvis of 77.

I think the problem we have as fans is that we have different time periods which we kind of zone in on and that is the rub, there are many, many fans who love 76/77 whereas there are those who like the 70's but prefer the 70-75 period. Horses for courses I guess.

e76
12-19-2007, 04:11 AM
I usually don't post. I kind of just like to read and consider what others are saying, but I want to respond to this thread because I saw Elvis in concert in November 1976. I agree, he was the most beautiful man I had ever seen before or since. I had been reading about how bad that he looked so I was prepared for the worst. When Elvis walked on stage all concern left, he was absolutely the best looking man that you could imagine. Pictures and television do not do him justice. He was even better looking in person if that is possible. He was not fat by any stretch. No, he didn't look like he was 21, but he wasn't 21. He wasn't supposed to look 21! Yes, he was not healthy and I was aware of that, but when people say that he lost his looks, it is simply not true. I was within 5 feet of him and I looked at his beautiful face. His eyes were sparkling with that special twinkle that only he had. He looked right at me and flashed the most fantastic smile that I had ever seen. I don't even have words to describe the feeling of having him look at me and smile. In that moment, Elvis was the only person that existed in this whole big world. The pictures also make him look much heavier and worse than he was. The camera sure did not do him any favors. By 2007 standards, he was not fat at all. For a 41 year old man, he was below the average weight of the other men his age that I knew. If I had not read that he was overweight, I would have never thought that he was. He gave a wonderful show! His voice was fantastic and the "energy that was Elvis" was still there! I don't understand why "Elvis fans" seem to enjoy dwelling on the negative things that have mostly been put out there by the media at the time of Elvis death and by the MM because they are trying to sensationalize to make money. Elvis was a very ill man. I think we should treat him the way we would want to be treated if we were ill. We would want people to understand that there are reasons that we are not quite up to par. Even being as ill as Elvis was, he still was the best looking man alive. He was still working his tail off and giving all he could to his fans. We should bend over backwards to give back to him by giving him the benefit of the doubt. We need to accept the fact that he was ill, but not make it out as anything but that. He was a human, and his illness took his life. I sure have never seen another man so close to death that was that appealing. I know that I sound like I have on rose colored glasses, but I do not. I saw Elvis with my own eyes and I am speaking from seeing him face to face, and I did not have on any glasses...:) Elvis was sick and he was dieing, can't we cut him some slack?

Getlo
12-19-2007, 04:13 AM
if you compare other stars of Elvis standing nobody has exhibited such a visible decline in terms of appearance

I think Michael Jackson's changes have been more dramatic than Elvis' ever were. All Elvis did was to get fat ... but MJ? That's a whole other kettle of fish. And a whole other raft of personal issues! ;)

As to the rest of your post: spot on! (y)

Kris P
12-19-2007, 04:55 AM
When one considers the two people posting who actually saw Elvis live were enamored with what they saw, then what more can be expected of Elvis?
It is very easy for many to sit behind a computer keyboard 30 years later and intellectualize and over analyze Elvis's performances from his later years by way of second rate soundboard and audience recordings (that I am sure Elvis would not have dreamed would be released all these years later) and the zillion photos that exist (some of which show a 42 year old man looking better than most of his age).
For the most part his public were more than happy (at the time) and the very few times they were not, for that I forgive him.

SeeSeeRider777
12-19-2007, 04:59 AM
How can anybody say that Elvis looked fine in 76-77? The man was sick and overweight, he wasnt his normal self.

Kris P
12-19-2007, 05:37 AM
How can anybody say that Elvis looked fine in 76-77?

Has anyone actually said Elvis looked fine during all of 76/77?

SeeSeeRider777
12-19-2007, 05:55 AM
Wonderful pictures. elvis looked great even in the rough days. Thanks for posting.

There you go Kris. This is not to start trouble. Someone said Elvis looked great in the rough days and I disagreed.

Kris P
12-19-2007, 06:12 AM
Thank you See See........Then I would disagree with presley31, though he/she is still entitled to there own opinion, as subjective as that may be.
My original point still stands, ie:

When one considers the two people posting who actually saw Elvis live were enamored with what they saw, then what more can be expected of Elvis?
It is very easy for many to sit behind a computer keyboard 30 years later and intellectualize and over analyze Elvis's performances from his later years by way of second rate soundboard and audience recordings (that I am sure Elvis would not have dreamed would be released all these years later) and the zillion photos that exist (some of which show a 42 year old man looking better than most of his age).
For the most part his public were more than happy (at the time) and the very few times they were not, for that I forgive him.

Jumpsuit Junkie
12-19-2007, 07:15 AM
I think Michael Jackson's changes have been more dramatic than Elvis' ever were. All Elvis did was to get fat ... but MJ? That's a whole other kettle of fish. And a whole other raft of personal issues! ;)

As to the rest of your post: spot on! (y)

Agreed that MJ's changes surpass that of EP but that change has taken 20 years to reach meltdown, Elvis' decline was far from catastophic in terms of looks etc.

Getlo
12-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Has anyone actually said Elvis looked fine during all of 76/77?

Mate, check this thread and other postings again.

There are people on here who go absolutely ape for the "pure 1977" Elvis, and they believe he looked fine in the last two years.

Kris P
12-19-2007, 11:38 AM
As has been pointed out to me Getlo.................though I think the gist of the thread is that Elvis did, on occasion (the frequency is open to debate as well as subjective opinion) look like a better than average, even handsome, 42 year old adult male.

presley31
12-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Thank you See See........Then I would disagree with presley31, though he/she is still entitled to there own opinion, as subjective as that may be.

Thats Fine that you disgree, the pictures on this thread looked great but not all pictures are as good as those ones. Elvis was really in bad shape in 77, but beauty isn't everything..its whats inside that counts.

SeeSeeRider777
12-19-2007, 04:06 PM
I agree with you that it is whats inside that counts. I dont care what Elvis looked like, he still had that great voice. I am just saying that he was not in shape and that he never looked healthy during 76-77.

Elvistcbkirch
12-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Dear Everybody: Please watch the clip with Elton John again. He says he saw him in Washington in 1976. Anyway. He was in a terrible condition in 1976, and also in 1977. It was obvious for everybody. Martin

LORRIELOVESELVIS
12-19-2007, 04:50 PM
LOOKS GREAT! !!!!WE ALL AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER MIGHT LOOK LIKE THE DEVIL..
IM SORRY ELTON, LOVE THE MUSIC BUT DARLING PLEASE------- LOL:xmas::newyear:(y)

utmom2008
12-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Yes, Elvis looked bad at the last, overweight and unhealthy. But....I will say this.....compared to other 42 year old men that are drastically overweight and have a plethora of medical problems...He still looked better than most. That "little boy smile" never left him...:notworthy:notworthy

Diane
12-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Yup Rosanne, his inner glow always shined through, and yes, I know plenty of 42 year old men in good health that look a lot worse than Elvis did in his last two years.(y)(y)(y)

Diane

LianaKaralivanou
12-19-2007, 08:00 PM

Sonny

Thank you, Sonny. That's exactly what I meant...

Unique Dog
12-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Elvis looked good his whole life, from the beginning until the end. Toward the end he may not have looked his best, but he still looked good.

Kris P
12-19-2007, 10:03 PM

Thats Fine that you disgree, the pictures on this thread looked great but not all pictures are as good as those ones. Elvis was really in bad shape in 77, but beauty isn't everything..its whats inside that counts.

Agreed.........

Cryogenic
12-20-2007, 03:26 AM
"1977 is pure Elvis".

Then why aren't you dead?

Geddit?

Tell you what, Getlo. You play nice and I will. But if you're going to dredge up subjective statements made by real fans to express their love and laugh about it, don't expect to operate with impunity.

That aside...

Great thread! Elton John's comments are harsh, but they also have a great deal of truth to them -- and he was speaking from the heart. However, the truth is never black and white, and this thread offers some great proof. Elvis is a puzzle made of many pieces; each is essential for understanding the man and his music. "That's The Way It Is"...

rhythmknights
12-20-2007, 04:16 AM
Pardon my rose colored glasses, but now & then there's a fool such as I.
i make no apologies, i accept him as he was because that's the way he was:king:, i'm not going to hold my breath & wait for perfection:D, i just want someone with a good heart & great voice!

nolvis
12-20-2007, 04:56 AM
:xmas:What a timeless and beautiful smile!!!!! Thank's alot for the pic rhythmknights! And kris thank-you very much for the awesome pic's, and to everybody else that showed their wonderful support for our hero, your comments were very touching!!!!! thedoc I really enjoyed reading your comments, and the people that saw Elvis live and were so fortunate to experience Elvis' magic live and in person your comments were much appreciated!!!!!:xmas:(y):king:(y):newyear::newyea r::newyear:

SeeSeeRider777
12-20-2007, 05:55 AM
I totally accept him for what he looked like. It doesnt matter what he looked like he still had that great voice, but most of all that personality and that caring heart. It didnt matter what he looked like he was still Elvis.

Getlo
12-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Elvis looked good his whole life, from the beginning until the end.

??????????????????????????

Tell you what, Getlo. You play nice and I will. But if you're going to dredge up subjective statements made by real fans to express their love and laugh about it, don't expect to operate with impunity.

If people make comments such as "1977 was pure Elvis" with a straight face, then I will make a bee line for them.

e76
12-20-2007, 02:57 PM
I think there is a difference between looking ill and loosing your good looks.
Yes, Elvis looked ill because he was. Did he loose his appeal, charm, charisma, talent and GOOD looks? NO!

SleepyJack
12-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Some lovely pictures there...thanks to you all.

Joe Car
12-20-2007, 07:32 PM
There are few things that come into play. A lot of these stars who met Elvis in the late 70's had never met him before, thus they expected him to look like, you know, Elvis, unbelievabley handsome, and cool. So to see him as he looked in mid 76, when Elton did, or May of 77 when Springsteen met him, was shocking for them, afterall, he was their hero. Also, to be fair, there were a lot of days in 76/77 when Elvis obviously didn't look good, but since the internet has appeared, we have been fortunate that many fans have posted some awesome pics of our guy from his last 2 years, pics where he had lost weight, and had fire in his eyes, late November and December 76 comes to mind as well as late February 1977. Though he wasn't an adonis anymore, he certainly has his moments near the end. Look at his meeting with Todd Slaughter, June 26/77, by what Slaughter wrote after EP had died, you would have thought a grotesque, zombie-like figure was walking down the ramp to meet him at the Indianapolis airport, well footage shows us that nothing could be further from the truth. Elvis was probably as slim as he was all year, clean-shaven, well groomed, and seemed to be in a good mood.

Diane
12-20-2007, 08:18 PM
It's like anybody else Joe, people see you the way they want to, not necessarily the way you are and that goes both ways...good and bad. I think Elvis had his good times in the last two years as well. No, he didn't have the Adonis look anymore but he still looked very good and the sparkle was still there.

Diane

Joe Car
12-20-2007, 08:30 PM
It's like anybody else Joe, people see you the way they want to, not necessarily the way you are and that goes both ways...good and bad. I think Elvis had his good times in the last two years as well. No, he didn't have the Adonis look anymore but he still looked very good and the sparkle was still there.

Diane

Well said Diane!

utmom2008
12-20-2007, 09:00 PM
I think Elvis had his good times in the last two years as well. No, he didn't have the Adonis look anymore but he still looked very good and the sparkle was still there.

Diane

Don't you think with weight loss he still would have had the Adonis look? :hmm:

Cryogenic
12-20-2007, 09:42 PM
If people make comments such as "1977 was pure Elvis" with a straight face, then I will make a bee line for them.

I don't doubt it.

Don't you think with weight loss he still would have had the Adonis look? :hmm:

As far as I'm concerned, he ALWAYS did. Something about that nose, those cheeks, the pouty lips, the half moon jaw, the smokey complexion. But I have deliberately omitted the eyes, which still sparkled on occasion, but were permanently altered after cosmetic surgery in 1975. The larger, less sharp Elvis is an "Adonis" in trouble, but still an Adonis.

Diane
12-21-2007, 12:52 AM
I agree, there was still something very majestic about Elvis right to the end.(y)

Diane

epmoodyblue
12-21-2007, 01:34 AM
all awesome pics thanks for sharing them..well elton john is one mixed up dude ..at the largo performance he was one of the first to stand up and give elvis a standing ovation after elvis completed the song *america the beautiful*elton enjoyed the concert 20377:newyear:

nolvis
12-21-2007, 02:33 AM
:xmas:Thank's alot for the great comment's, and thank-you very much for the incredible pic epmoodyblue!!!!!:xmas:(y)(y):newyear::newyear:

epmoodyblue
12-21-2007, 02:43 AM
:xmas:Thank's alot for the great comment's, and thank-you very much for the incredible pic epmoodyblue!!!!!:xmas:(y)(y):newyear::newyear::new year:(y):notworthy ur more than welcome glad u like the wallpaper-peace to all:king::xmas:

Kris P
12-21-2007, 04:05 AM

Maybe Elvis circa 77 is Elvis at his most human, read pure. He was certainly more vulnerable, depressed, melancholy, happy......the full gamut of human emotion, all of which is exposed like no other time in his career.

utmom2008
12-21-2007, 04:08 AM
I don't doubt it.

As far as I'm concerned, he ALWAYS did. Something about that nose, those cheeks, the pouty lips, the half moon jaw, the smokey complexion. But I have deliberately omitted the eyes, which still sparkled on occasion, but were permanently altered after cosmetic surgery in 1975. The larger, less sharp Elvis is an "Adonis" in trouble, but still an Adonis.
"Less sharp" is an accurate way to describe him......the weight gain did soften the lines of the chiseled face. I still can't believe he chose to alter those beautiful hooded eyes....

Merry
12-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks for your post, Critterglitter.

Well said.

Kim