PDA

View Full Version : The movie years and music.

dennyelvis
12-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Just wondered what u guys thought Elvis would have done from 60/69 when he was movie making, if the films had'nt happened. Would he have toured earlier, kept in the studio ? ... also would he have perhaps gone more BLUESY with his music [wish he had http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/wings_hmm.gif ] if he didnt have to sing all those darn movie tunes http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif

SleepyJack
12-14-2007, 04:21 PM
I would have liked to see him carry on from where he was with the "Elvis is back" album....His blues recordings have a style of their own....plus it would have been a better career move given how much of an interest there was in the Blues at the time. Somehow though I think Elvis would still have wanted to do a movie at the time as well....he really wanted to prove and improve himself as an actor.

jak
12-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Personally I wished Elvis never would have appeared in a film during his entire career.If he hadnt been recording so many subpar soundtracks he could have made some serious attempts at producing material worthy of his talent.I wouldnt doubt he would have performed live also during this period.Anything else other than those films could only have added to his legacy.
Jak

Burning_Love
12-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Im quite grateful for the movie years, you see, what if he had been touring, then he would have took them pills more, and earlier on in life, and may have not been alive as long as he was...Maybe ?!

But it would have been nice to see him do some more concerts, certainly.

EnigmaticSun
12-14-2007, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't want to miss his movies and soundtracks.

The extra control over his voice, which started after coming out of the Army, was audible from then on: so that includes the movies as well.

I can only guess as to what he could have been recording, imagining this "what if". He would have been happy with some live performances, I'm sure.

Rover
12-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Maybe he would have done live performances, kept dancing for a few years like he did in the 50s...why not more blues, it could have sounded very good :D
But without movies, a lot of his filmed performances (even if they weren't live things) would be lost...