PDA

View Full Version : Graceland looked amazing last night and news about the revampin plans!

keke23
12-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Last night me, my boyfriend, my son, my mom and my best friend Ebony drove down to Whitehaven to see Graceland since they got it all lit up now.

It was absolutely beautiful!

I've seen Graceland lit up before. I used to live in Whitehaven. But this time it's bigger and better than I've seen it ever look. They outdid themselves.

There was a lot of folks there just sightseein.

The news was there takin pics of the lights.

We saw an ET van across the street near the HH. They must be doin somethin for their show.

As for the changes, I looked around to see if anything had been torn down and I didn't see nothin different.

There wasn't any bulldozers near the mansion. Some folks were doin the same thing, lookin for changes.

Some seemed disappointed that nothin has been done yet.

But I did ask a Graceland worker near the HH when are they gonna be startin the buildin of the new museums and stuff, and he told me hopefully within the next 2 months construction will begin, as far as he knew.

Apparently, they don't have to wait for the new CC to do the readings after all.

That meetin they had last Tuesday was to officially make way for the renovations to begin instead of havin to wait to see what the new CC will do.

For the record, the new CC will still include 4 members of the current CC that approved the plans.

utmom2008
12-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Last night me, my boyfriend, my son, my mom and my best friend Ebony drove down to Whitehaven to see Graceland since they got it all lit up now.

It was absolutely beautiful!

I've seen Graceland lit up before. I used to live in Whitehaven. But this time it's bigger and better than I've seen it ever look. They outdid themselves.

There was a lot of folks there just sightseein.

The news was there takin pics of the lights.

We saw an ET van across the street near the HH. They must be doin somethin for their show.

As for the changes, I looked around to see if anything had been torn down and I didn't see nothin different.

There wasn't any bulldozers near the mansion. Some folks were doin the same thing, lookin for changes.

Some seemed disappointed that nothin has been done yet.

But I did ask a Graceland worker near the HH when are they gonna be startin the buildin of the new museums and stuff, and he told me hopefully within the next 2 months construction will begin, as far as he knew.

Apparently, they don't have to wait for the new CC to do the readings after all.

That meetin they had last Tuesday was to officially make way for the renovations to begin instead of havin to wait to see what the new CC will do.

For the record, the new CC will still include 4 members of the current CC that approved the plans.
Lakeisha...Lakeisha, I was having such a good day. Your BF is "Ebony"? You really need to start writing books or something....I think you have a knack for it. :D:D

ksimms2
12-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Lakeisha, thanks for letting us know how the lights look - a few pics would have been nice......hint....hint......glad you were able to see them. I'm wanting to get out there so bad myself. I live in Florida - so it's a good days drive - but it'll be worth it.

keke23
12-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Lakeisha...Lakeisha, I was having such a good day. Your BF is "Ebony"? You really need to start writing books or something....I think you have a knack for it. :D:D

See, I posted somethin positive and you tryin to start stuff. Where's that report button.:hmm:

Yes, my BFF is named Ebony Malone. You gotta problem with that?

If you had been at E1 back in 02, you'd know that's her name. I mentioned it several times there.

She posted there once or twice when I had my baby and let the memebers who were nice to me know about it.

Ask Paul Wood, who used to post there. He knows.:angry:

keke23
12-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Lakeisha, thanks for letting us know how the lights look - a few pics would have been nice......hint....hint......glad you were able to see them. I'm wanting to get out there so bad myself. I live in Florida - so it's a good days drive - but it'll be worth it.

Thanks for the kind words. That's rare around here.

Yeah, I was gonna take pics as well, but got in such a hurry and left my camera at home. Trey was rushin me.

I don't know how to post personalized pics on here or anywhere yet.

Plus, I don't have a digital camera. We wanna get one though.

Lonniebealestreet
12-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Yes, thanks for the report, Lakeisha. I'm looking forward to seeing it all myself in just over a couple weeks. (y)

Also, you mentioned seeing an ET van. Don't miss their show tonight. If you didn't know about it, read here (http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=17419&highlight=entertainment+tonight).

keke23
12-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Yes, thanks for the report, Lakeisha. I'm looking forward to seeing it all myself in just over a couple weeks. (y)

Also, you mentioned seeing an ET van. Don't miss their show tonight. If you didn't know about it, read here (http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=17419&highlight=entertainment+tonight).

No problem.

It's good to know my eyes were playin tricks on me, lol

I saw it parked over by the hotel in the opened parking lot.

They were probably wrappin up.

presley31
12-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks for posting, sounds great indeed.

rocknroll
12-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Hopefully I won't be crucified for asking, but what is revampin? Do you mean revamping?

JDD
12-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up Lakeisha and Lonniebealestreet, ET starts in like 15 minutes here so I'll check it out.

JD

ksimms2
12-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the kind words. That's rare around here.

Yeah, I was gonna take pics as well, but got in such a hurry and left my camera at home. Trey was rushin me.

I don't know how to post personalized pics on here or anywhere yet.

Plus, I don't have a digital camera. We wanna get one though.

Lakeisha, maybe Santa will bring you one! :newyear: