PDA

View Full Version : No one wants Elvis robot.

presley31
12-03-2007, 02:53 PM
It was supposed to be the highlight of the Elvis Souvenirs 2007, but it seems that nobody is interested in the Talking Elvis Heads.

The price for the life-size head on life-size torso clad in black leather with yellow eyes and a vacuous, faraway look, has dropped again.

According to the News & Observer Online, this talking head with a mechanically moving mouth – quote “that looked as if it had been synchronized by the sound crew from the old Godzilla flicks” – unquote – dropped from $399 to $ 299.

Conclusion of the Observer’s article: “There were plenty left a week ago Saturday. We're guessing there are plenty left today.”

Elvis Robot
2007/12/03 News & Observer / www.elvismatters.be /
www.epgold.com

I can see why nobody buying, l wouldn't spend my last doller on it.

Stryx
12-03-2007, 02:58 PM
It was supposed to be the highlight of the Elvis Souvenirs 2007, but it seems that nobody is interested in the Talking Elvis Heads.

The price for the life-size head on life-size torso clad in black leather with yellow eyes and a vacuous, faraway look, has dropped again.

According to the News & Observer Online, this talking head with a mechanically moving mouth – quote “that looked as if it had been synchronized by the sound crew from the old Godzilla flicks” – unquote – dropped from $399 to $ 299.

Conclusion of the Observer’s article: “There were plenty left a week ago Saturday. We're guessing there are plenty left today.”

Elvis Robot
2007/12/03 News & Observer / www.elvismatters.be /
www.epgold.com

I can see why nobody buying, l wouldn't spend my last doller on it.

It's a piece of crap.

I saw it in the shops at Graceland in August and had a good laugh. Not only does it not look like Elvis, but seriously who would want such a ghastly object!

Diane
12-03-2007, 03:05 PM
It never should be allowed on the market in the first place. I guess they know now it was a dud.:D

Diane

elvislady
12-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the link jen.
elvislady;)

Getlo
12-03-2007, 04:06 PM

Yeah, big surprise! ;)

Sillerman ought to hang his head in shame, as should Lisa and Cilla, and anyone associated with this abomination.

ruggishboo
12-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I hope no one buys that thing. What were they thinking coming out with something like that? Oh yeah $$$...

presley31
12-03-2007, 04:44 PM
I hope no one buys that thing. What were they thinking coming out with something like that? Oh yeah $$$...

have to wonder why Lisa would let them sell those types of things?? does she not reliase that her father is looking like a joke with stuff like that.

marijaep
12-03-2007, 04:45 PM
It never should be allowed on the market in the first place. I guess they know now it was a dud.:D

Diane

Yep.....(y)

utmom2008
12-03-2007, 06:34 PM
It's a piece of crap.

I saw it in the shops at Graceland in August and had a good laugh. Not only does it not look like Elvis, but seriously who would want such a ghastly object!
It is the absolute definition of "tacky". ;);)

utmom2008
12-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Yeah, big surprise! ;)

Sillerman ought to hang his head in shame, as should Lisa and Cilla, and anyone associated with this abomination.
(y)(y)(y)(y) There are alot of things associated with EPE and Graceland that Cilla and Lisa should be ashamed of......an "Elvis" trash can?? It gives the anti-Elvis crowd a field day.(n)

Lisarose
12-03-2007, 06:48 PM
It is the absolute definition of "tacky". ;);)

Agree, it gave me the creeps, that's for sure.

franny
12-03-2007, 07:16 PM
It was supposed to be the highlight of the Elvis Souvenirs 2007

They really had high hopes for that tacky head that doesn't even look like Elvis! :lol:
It looked creepy to me, too! (n)

franny

LORRIELOVESELVIS
12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
I would not waste my money on this trash! SHAME ! ON THEM...
I too saw it back home in memphis an during ELVIS WEEK. An its in Las Vegas to!

beau stewart
12-03-2007, 07:31 PM
If i did not no better i think the COL. was still here shilling his crap:mad::mad::mad:

melissatarv
12-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I saw it a Elvis week! It was pretty scary...LOL! Over the weekend I saw it at Walmart. :king:

Diane
12-03-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't think Lisa has any say on the merchandising EPE does anymore Jen. She doesn't own much of it anymore.....what l5% so she can be easily overruled?

Diane

Rover
12-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Well, that's good news! it shows most of the people in the world still have their sanity :D
Seriously, even if I was paid to own it, I wouldn't want of that creepy talking thing...

Dave Wyatt
12-03-2007, 08:29 PM
It looks nothing like Elvis and is hideous.

elvis himselvis
12-03-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't like this robot at all,so I hope they will learn from their mistakes now and don't make stupid things again.

riley
12-03-2007, 10:03 PM
it looks creepy indeed, nothing like him at all
haha it looks a bit like my neighbour and he is not a nice man, wouldn't want his head in my sleepingroom at all...

haha I would have nightmares every single night

utmom2008
12-03-2007, 10:11 PM
it looks creepy indeed, nothing like him at all
haha it looks a bit like my neighbour and he is not a nice man, wouldn't want his head in my sleepingroom at all...

haha I would have nightmares every single night
:lol::lol::lol::lmfao::lmfao:

Awickedreigndrop
12-04-2007, 06:02 AM
This thing crept me out the first time I seen it popped out on the scene. It is one Elvis related gift I do not want this Christmas. If they could make tiny little ken dolls look like Elvis you would think they could have done a much better job than they did!

rhythmknights
12-04-2007, 05:48 PM
All i can say is " Duhhhh!"

ksimms2
12-04-2007, 06:03 PM
have to wonder why Lisa would let them sell those types of things?? does she not reliase that her father is looking like a joke with stuff like that.

exactly! it makes him look like a joke, this is how his reputation gets ruined because of stupid crap like this....some things they make are just ridiculous and makes him look cheap.

Gerianne
12-04-2007, 07:25 PM
I saw it during Elvis week in one of the souvenir shops and it looked really terrible. It didn't even look like Elvis. It was really bad.

SleepyJack
12-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Words fail me on this thing.It`s just bloody...well....horrible.

Polk-Salad-Annie
12-07-2007, 10:06 AM
It is creepy.
When i was in memphis last August i saw this "thing" for real.
I have only two words for it: UGLY and CREEPY.
They dropped the prize, but even if they give it away for free, i surely don't want to have a "thing" like this. :nono::nono:

LianaKaralivanou
12-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I would personally prefer a more "traditional" Elvis gift for Christmas.

Suzan
12-07-2007, 10:39 PM
It's a piece of crap.

I agree!
They could drop the price to a dollar and I wouldn't buy it.
Who ok'd this item anyway? What happened to getting rid of the independent shops across Graceland because they sold "tacky" souvenirs? LOL EPE in particular took offense to a trash can, but folks if you look at their merchandise not only do they sell trash cans but they are for the BATHROOM!

utmom2008
12-07-2007, 10:42 PM
I agree!
They could drop the price to a dollar and I wouldn't buy it.
Who ok'd this item anyway? What happened to getting rid of the independent shops across Graceland because they sold "tacky" souvenirs? LOL EPE in particular took offense to a trash can, but folks if you look at their merchandise not only do they sell trash cans but they are for the BATHROOM!
You are right Suzan! (y) When I got the latest catalog from them I was amazed at some of the TACKY stuff that they were selling. (n) I can't believe that Lisa doesn't pay attention to some of this stuff, this gives the anti-Elvis crowd loads of ammunition. ;)

Suzan
12-07-2007, 10:45 PM
You are right Suzan! (y) When I got the latest catalog from them I was amazed at some of the TACKY stuff that they were selling. (n) I can't believe that Lisa doesn't pay attention to some of this stuff, this gives the anti-Elvis crowd loads of ammunition. ;)

Hola woman! I'm on chat :D (MSN)
Yes I know, I just shake my head at some of the items both in the catalog and online. I guess they forgot the reason they got rid of those shops? Actually they are selling exactly what the independent's were...
Maybe she does? But it generates money and who knows what they tell her you know? They may make it sound way better to her then what comes out.