PDA

View Full Version : have any of you ever found the hey little girl scene sugesstive?

simmerrocks
08-29-2004, 11:46 PM
hi guys, i was watching harum scarum the other night. when they got to the hey little girl scene i realized it was kind of bizzare. whenever elvis would sing to kids in other movies there was always a kind of sweet innocence about it, cotton candy land, how would you like to be, your time hasn't come yet baby... etc. anyway i think the scene would have worked a little better if one of the harum girls would have been dancing instead of the little girl. the lyrics are kind of out of place for a 10 year old and she seems to be dancing a little to wild for our man. it's just an observation that i had. any input let me know. have a great week... simmerrocks (y) (y)

Lonniebealestreet
08-30-2004, 03:44 AM
Elvis: "I don't rob cradles." :lol:

I'll have to watch that one again, Mike. Don't seem to recall it.

P.S. Annie
08-30-2004, 10:21 AM
I can't remember, have to see the movie again :)

kennyelvis
08-30-2004, 11:01 AM
I saw that movie on TCM on the 16th, and i was thinking the same as you simmerrocks.
I dident like that scen at all :angry: , strange that they dident cut this out of the movie back in the 60`s
I dont think they would have made this movie today with that scen.
"Hey little girl, i`ll like to take you home" and come dance with me :blink: ;)

Albert
08-30-2004, 11:02 AM
Haven't seen that movie in ages..... have to wait for the new dvd release (y)

kennyelvis
08-30-2004, 11:16 AM
I got that dvd and 5 other free from warner if i made reviews of them on my site Albert :clap:
Talk about good deal, but i am not any good in doing reviews, so i`ll sent them to my review man (Gordon) he will do it, and then we get 3 dvd`s each :wiggle:

Cherokee
08-30-2004, 10:44 PM
hi guys, i was watching harum scarum the other night. when they got to the hey little girl scene i realized it was kind of bizzare. whenever elvis would sing to kids in other movies there was always a kind of sweet innocence about it, cotton candy land, how would you like to be, your time hasn't come yet baby... etc. anyway i think the scene would have worked a little better if one of the harum girls would have been dancing instead of the little girl. the lyrics are kind of out of place for a 10 year old and she seems to be dancing a little to wild for our man. it's just an observation that i had. any input let me know. have a great week... simmerrocks (y) (y)

Good point (y)

Yes, certainly by today's "less innocent" standards than back then, when it was considered (at least by the ones who wrote the "script") to be "cute".
Not only is it somewhat suggestive, even more so it is embarrassing. (n)
But then, the whole movie was toe curlingly BAD stuff (except for Elvis in a turban and "So close yet so far").
I found the interaction with the even younger girls in "Speedway" even more embarrassing. :rolleyes:
At least in the scenes with the little Chinese girl in "It Happened at the World's Fair" he treated her LIKE A KID! In the other scenes mentioned it, at least to me, was all scripted a whole lot more shady and by today's standards he would've been arrested:oops: :police: :hmm:

E.L.V.I.S
09-01-2004, 03:46 AM
not something i wanna talk about much as i personally find it a insult even suggesting and bringing up this but heres my view for what its worth:

Back in the day this kinda stuff was seen as harmless fun.You didnt have the weirdo's around as much as now.Therefore elvis or no one really would see this as a weird suggestive scene :angry: .

I guess its the way people percieve it.Some people think everything is suggestive some dont.I see it as harmlous fun.Its just harmlous and cute fun.Lets not make or bring up this kinda thing please :'(

simmerrocks
09-01-2004, 11:23 PM
good point, i guess it's just the way society and the times have changed. it really is sad. because when i saw that scene years ago as a kid it never hit my mind. but now with all the craziness in the world and all you read and hear especially here in the usa, it did kind of seem bizzare. have a great weekend... simmerrocks (y)

buttonhead
09-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Good point (y)

At least in the scenes with the little Chinese girl in "It Happened at the World's Fair" he treated her LIKE A KID! In the other scenes mentioned it, at least to me, was all scripted a whole lot more shady and by today's standards he would've been arrested:oops: :police: :hmm:

Uhmm , she is from hong kong and now she is the first lady of hawaii , her husband Ben Cayetano is the governor there, well, just a little bit of highlight :)
:blink: :blink:

Cherokee
09-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Uhmm , she is from hong kong and now she is the first lady of hawaii , her husband Ben Cayetano is the governor there, well, just a little bit of highlight :)
:blink: :blink:

In the movie she plays a Chinese girl, that's what I meant. I know she was the first lady of Hawaii, I have the same DVD ;) :P

buttonhead
09-04-2004, 11:19 PM
In the movie she plays a Chinese girl, that's what I meant. I know she was the first lady of Hawaii, I have the same DVD ;) :P

yeah, mmm same DVD :P jackie...this is what happened if i am on the computer too much :)

NEA
09-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh how the times have got us to think and look at things so differently...