PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Fan Clubs

Ematt
11-28-2007, 05:31 PM
As a newish guy around here, i just wondered how many of youy guys are paid up members of a fan club. Or do you find all your Elvis needs online at sites like this or others?

I`ve been a member of the British Fan Club and Essential Elvis for many years, and i also subcribe to Elvis The Man And His Music (though not really a fan club).

MEMPHISKING77
11-28-2007, 06:17 PM
me two been a member of essential Elvis for a few years now and the man and his music i was a member of the official Elvis Presley fan club of great Britain for about 5 years but i canceled it last year:king:

TLC67
11-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Just one; Elvis Insiders.

boogie
11-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Elvis Matters Belgium

jak
11-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Elvis fan clubs have certainly changed over the years.Mainly due to the internet.When I was growing up in the 70's I belonged to every club I could find.I still have all my membership cards in a scrapbook.Back then they were your source of info about Elvis.Getting your newsletter in the mail was like gold.It was also a source to buy photos and other Elvis items.I had my parents buying me Vegas menus back in the mid 70's because I could find them for sale in the fan club newsletters.I still belong to a local fan club plus we have two Elvis meetups every month.It's a good way to meet some other fans.The traditional fan club just doesnt have the same importance it use to have.
Jak

ksimms2
11-28-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm an Elvis Insider, also belong to the TCB Band Fan Club. Those 2 I have to pay for. Other than that I belong to here tcb-world - myelvisworld.com - and a couple of yahoo elvis groups: loveforelvis is the main one on yahoo for me.

Johnny
11-28-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm only here on TCB World and occasionally I drop in on FECC, which I used to frequent; not a member of any paid fan club

rhythmknights
11-29-2007, 01:58 AM
I'm an Elvis Insider, also belong to the TCB Band Fan Club. Those 2 I have to pay for. Other than that I belong to here tcb-world - myelvisworld.com - and a couple of yahoo elvis groups: loveforelvis is the main one on yahoo for me.

thought about joining Elvis Insider to get the discounts, so Kelly, is it worth it to you?

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Elvis fan clubs have certainly changed over the years.Mainly due to the internet.When I was growing up in the 70's I belonged to every club I could find.I still have all my membership cards in a scrapbook.Back then they were your source of info about Elvis.Getting your newsletter in the mail was like gold.It was also a source to buy photos and other Elvis items.I had my parents buying me Vegas menus back in the mid 70's because I could find them for sale in the fan club newsletters.I still belong to a local fan club plus we have two Elvis meetups every month.It's a good way to meet some other fans.The traditional fan club just doesnt have the same importance it use to have.
Jak
:lol: I also belonged to all those fan clubs in the 70's. It was really our only source of news as to what was going on in the Elvis world. You could also meet up with "pen-pals" through the fan clubs. Sean Shaver had a great fan club...I can't remember the name of it right now though. :hmm:

geordie
11-29-2007, 03:44 PM
i get the eesential elvis mag,and the man and his music mag,im also in the oepfc :king:

elvis himselvis
11-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Elvis Matters Belgium

Me too,and It's Elvis Time.

Ematt
11-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the replys guys.

I still look forward to my Elvis fan club mags dropping through my letter box, even though the news is often out of date by the time i recieve the mag, and in the case of the official british fan club, is an awful read! Its only loyalty thats keeps me re-subcribing every year.

Essential Elvis is a good little read that puts the official club mag to shame.

Elvis The Man And His Music is a magazine every serious Elvis fan should buy, it`s the daddy of all Elvis mags.

elvisia
11-29-2007, 04:25 PM
I`m a member of Elvis Unlimited Denmark and I love when I get the magazines 10 times a year...they are nice, full colour and with a lot of pics, CD/DVD/Book reviews, interviews and nice stories..etc.
Actually it was when I became a member, that I became an Elvisfan for real as they helped me a lot to find all my Elvis stuff.:clap:

Elvisia

ksimms2
11-29-2007, 04:31 PM
thought about joining Elvis Insider to get the discounts, so Kelly, is it worth it to you?

depends on how much Elvis stuff you order from shopelvis.com cause you get a 10% discount on everything you order. I joined before I went to Graceland back in June to get the discounts at the hotel, Graceland Plaza, etc. so for me it was worth it for that. Plus anything I order I get 10% off - which I'm giving my husband a christmas list of what elvis stuff I want, so he can use it on that.

jatta-tcb
11-29-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm a member of The OEPFC of Finland (y) :clap::D ...we get a great magazine only 4 times in a year (I became a fan in April 2007 and I joined to this fan club in July 2007 :) ) There are every year some Elvis events..as I know one summer event and one "remembering Elvis" during August or September. And the members of this fan club have visited to Graceland..if I am right, three times. (in 1997, in 2001 and this year during Elvis week)..and also visited many other Elvis places :) . I'm a bit sad that I became a fan so late :sad: but still hope to visit in Graceland....

cameron
11-29-2007, 05:50 PM
I've never belonged to any fan club in my life .
I don't know why, except I was probably too busy working and raising a family. ;) Some of my children did though. They enjoyed their involvement with them. Especially when they saw them in person. (y)

presley31
11-29-2007, 06:14 PM
I don't bother with fan clubs, theres enough places l visit to keep me busy.

SleepyJack
11-29-2007, 06:57 PM
I`m a paid-up member of the OEPFC Great Britain.....out of loyalty!...They were a lifeline in the old days before the internet.Have to agree with you though..the magazine leaves a lot to be desired.