PDA

View Full Version : Unsolved Mysteries - Elvis' last night...

franny
11-28-2007, 03:16 AM
I just saw this clip on youtube...I couldnt believe what I was hearing...
David Stanley is something else! (n)

franny

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=aanXg3lF_KQ

Stryx
11-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Stanley is delusional.

He has spoekn how he opened thedoor to John Lennon at Graceland.

Lennon was never in Graceland.

Johnny
11-28-2007, 12:27 PM
David Stanley is a xxxx. (aka "Thwaite", see the movie "Guesthouse Paradiso" and then you know what I mean)

However, I've never heard of this group called "Lifers"; any truth to that?

Dovey
11-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Did he say results in "227" ?? Geeeeeeeeee , then someone else will find a way to keep them sealed and we will never know the truth. I do not believe Stanley's story but to me there is much mystery that surrounds the night Elvis passed. Dovey ;)

cameron
11-28-2007, 12:43 PM
I don't believe Stanley's story either . His mother Dee, was married to Vernon and her and her sons started many stories which were not true.
She helped start some of the story that Elvis was alive herself.
They can't have it both ways; though they sure have tried. :blink:

It was one of the Stanley boys that brought Elvis his meds for the night/day anyway.

Stryx
11-28-2007, 01:28 PM
David was off his face on drugs the day Elvis died.

So I don't know how he can pretend to be so accurate.

xxxxxx.

Getlo
11-28-2007, 01:34 PM
David was off his face on drugs the day Elvis died.

And presumably while directing that abortion of a film, Protecting the King ! :lmfao:

jak
11-28-2007, 01:50 PM
There are those that believe Elvis made it to the telephone in his bathroom to summon help that fatefull day.This scenario also has Stanley doing drugs with a female or two so he wasnt there to respond to the call.Im not endorsing that scenario or saying it didnt happen.Im merely throwing it out there.
Jak

Diane
11-28-2007, 02:02 PM
There is a mystery surrounding Elvis' death but I would never take the word of a Stanley as to what happened. Thanks for posting Franny.

Diane

ksimms2
11-28-2007, 02:11 PM
There is a mystery surrounding Elvis' death but I would never take the word of a Stanley as to what happened. Thanks for posting Franny.

Diane

There is certainly a mystery surrounding his death - I think because Joe E. had the maids go in and clean the bathroom and surrounding room and get rid of anything incriminating to Elvis - so as in today's world where you leave things intact so they can be investigated - this was never done back then....atleast not properly. (because they all probably thought he od'd or something....not knowing what really killed him)

As for the Stanley's it was well known that they were not even around when Elvis died were they? David was passed out somewhere? Ginger found his body - called downstairs for help - Nancy Rooks ran upstairs to see if she could help - then Al Strada came up.....soon after Joe E. came up, etc. Stanley brothers need to quit lying.

presley31
11-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Inside graceland said it was aunt delta that cleaned up everything up?? As for stanely take everything he says with a grain of salt, pure made up.

cameron
11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Inside graceland said it was aunt delta that cleaned up everything up?? As for stanely take everything he says with a grain of salt, pure made up.

Yes, other books say the same. Aunt Delta and the maid cleaned it up.
Joe E. was at BMH .

Getlo
11-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Joe E. was at BMH .

Joe Esposito was downstairs at Graceland when Elvis died!!

He was not at Baptist Memorial Hospital at all.

Geez. :mad:

Where do you get this stuff? ;)

presley31
11-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Cameron was talking about after elvis was at the Hospital and the cleaning was going on at graceland.

presley31
11-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Yes, other books say the same. Aunt Delta and the maid cleaned it up.
Joe E. was at BMH .

Thanks Cameron

Johnny
11-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Cameron was talking about after elvis was at the Hospital and the cleaning was going on at graceland.

Jepp, surprisingly Cameron got it right this time (y)

Getlo
11-28-2007, 03:05 PM

The cleanup at Graceland happened before the paramedics arrived, and while Elvis was still at the house.

Why do you think it was done? So the paramedics and anyone else wouldn't find the drugs, syringes and other stuff.

Joe went to BMH, following the ambulance taking Elvis' body.

Getlo
11-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Jepp, surprisingly Cameron got it right this time (y)

No, she didn't ...

cameron
11-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Can't stand to be wrong, huh ? ;)

Getlo
11-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Can't stand to be wrong, huh ? ;)

Dunno. Can you?

cameron
11-28-2007, 03:12 PM
You bet. Doesn't bother me in the least. I admit it.

Getlo
11-28-2007, 03:16 PM

Good. You admit you were wrong about Joe and the timing of the cleanup.

Commendable. Well done. (y)

Now, we can move on.

Getlo
11-28-2007, 03:19 PM
From Joe's interview with Larry King.

"And I was supposed to wake him up at 4:00 o'clock, but a phone call came from upstairs at 2:00 o'clock from his girlfriend, Ginger Alden (ph), and we all responded, went upstairs and found Elvis in the bathroom. And I knew he was gone and went to the hospital with him. And as we know, 30 minutes after he got to the hospital, they pronounced him dead."

Joe was indeed at Graceland when Elvis died.

cameron
11-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Good. You admit you were wrong about Joe and the timing of the cleanup.

Commendable. Well done. (y)

Now, we can move on.

No, I don't admit anything of the sort . .:P

cameron
11-28-2007, 03:23 PM
From Joe's interview with Larry King.

"And I was supposed to wake him up at 4:00 o'clock, but a phone call came from upstairs at 2:00 o'clock from his girlfriend, Ginger Alden (ph), and we all responded, went upstairs and found Elvis in the bathroom. And I knew he was gone and went to the hospital with him. And as we know, 30 minutes after he got to the hospital, they pronounced him dead."

Joe was indeed at Graceland when Elvis died.

Well that has nothing to do with what was said.:'(
Of couse Joe was there and as he said; went to BMH with him.
Joe also said he found Elvis' body in bed too.

Getlo
11-28-2007, 03:24 PM
No, I don't admit anything of the sort . .:P

Okay then. I won't waste my keystrokes on asking about why you thought the cleanup was done after Elvis' body was removed, and while the paramedics were on the scene. :rolleyes:

Getlo
11-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Joe also said he found Elvis' body in bed too.

Did he? Where was this?

presley31
11-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Go and read inside graceland Gelto if you don't get what we are saying.

Getlo
11-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Go and read inside graceland Gelto if you don't get what we are saying.

Share it with us here what you're trying to say; make it clearer. I do not have that book.

Tony Trout
11-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Did he? Where was this?

Getlo,

I do, in fact, remember seeing a newsreel interview with Joe after Elvis's death where he says to the reporter that he found Elvis in bed but over the years he has corrected this false statement...I think I found the interview on Jordan's Elvis World website in the video library there.

Johnny
11-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Did he? Where was this?

Well, this is not Joe Esposito here saying that he found Elvis dead on his bed - heck, this footage doesn't even say anything about the bed, however it does say that he was found, by Joe Esposito in his bedroom; that stems from, what I recall, Joe Esposito saying that he found him on his bed; if I'll ever find that footage I'll post the link here.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=PG3b7ek2uIU&feature=related

And darn, those paramedics sure must have taken their time ;) because, according to "Inside Graceland" Elvis had hidden the medications in various places.

And I agree with most here (all?) that "Inside Graceland" is a very good book

presley31
11-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Share it with us here what you're trying to say; make it clearer. I do not have that book.

Its in the mail since l leant it to kelly.

Getlo
11-28-2007, 03:47 PM
I do, in fact, remember seeing a newsreel interview with Joe after Elvis's death where he says to the reporter that he found Elvis in bed.

Then I'd suggest two things:

i) If Joe indeed said that, then it can be blamed on his grief and confusion. If it was only written about, then it may have been reported incorrectly by the jousnalist involved.

ii) Anyone using this story from Joe (as still accurate in 2007) is wrong.

Sonny
11-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Joe (if I remember correctly here) also tells about his messing up his first statement in the first volume of his book.

He first stated he found Elvis in bed, and blamed it on being so confused with everything that went on. Later he stated he found Elvis in the bathroom.

cameron
11-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Getlo,

I do, in fact, remember seeing a newsreel interview with Joe after Elvis's death where he says to the reporter that he found Elvis in bed but over the years he has corrected this false statement...I think I found the interview on Jordan's Elvis World website in the video library there.

You're right, Tony. It's on YouTube where Joe says that as a matter of fact.
{finding the body in bed}
Over the years; at least on one of Joe's DVd's he sheepishly says he never said that and has no idea where that came from.
I think he tries to correct that in an interview some place too.

ksimms2
11-28-2007, 03:56 PM
well then Nancy got it wrong in her book. She says they were instructed to clean the room, etc. and she says it was after Elvis was taken away. So she must have remembered it wrong. I can't see her cleaning the area around his body while he is laying there dead. Can you? From what I understand this was ordered after Elvis body was removed by paramedics.

ksimms2
11-28-2007, 03:58 PM
You're right, Tony. It's on YouTube where Joe says that as a matter of fact.
{finding the body in bed}
Over the years; at least on one of Joe's DVd's he sheepishly says he never said that and has no idea where that came from.
I think he tries to correct that in an interview some place too.

Yes I saw that same thing - and I saw him say he did it at the time because Elvis had just died and he didn't want to tell the world that he died while on the commode - which I can understand. But I don't care for Joe E. he's another that changes his story through the years.

ksimms2
11-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Its in the mail since l leant it to kelly.

you should be getting it any day jen - I mailed it last week.......but it did say that it was after they removed Elvis and was taking him to the hospital that they went in and cleaned up everything - NOT while Elvis was still lying there.

jak
11-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Im sure given the hysteria after Elvis' death anybody clould make an inaccurate statement.He may have also been trying to sidestep the issue out of respect considering the details of how and where Elvis died.
Jak

ksimms2
11-28-2007, 04:03 PM
don't take everything Joe E. says as gospel. he wasn't even around when Elvis was first found. Plus he's lied about trying to perform CPR - then recanting that as well. Finding him in bed - then recanting that too.....this one I can sort of understand due to the circumstances Elvis was found -he was trying to protect him. Other than that - the man is not being honest.

And to conclude about when the evidence was cleaned up - according to "Inside Graceland" it was after his body was removed. I'm sorry Jen, you should have the book back any day now - I mailed it last week. Wish I still had it now to type here what exactly she said.

Getlo, sorry our info is different - I am only going by what Nancy Rooks said in her book - and she was actually the 2nd person to see him - 1st being Ginger. You should read her book - it's very good.

jak
11-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I believe the paramedics who went to Graceland have stated they saw a cluttered counter in the bathroom.Misc medicine bottles among other things.After Elvis was taken away Aunt Delta and a maid cleaned the entire bathroom to get rid of the evidence of Elvis' drug abuse.The maid then took the bag containing the items and put them in the trash outside.
Jak

Getlo
11-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Joe E.wasn't even around when Elvis was first found.

Joe was there within seconds of the call coming that Elvis was found.

Getlo, sorry our info is different - I am only going by what Nancy Rooks said in her book - and she was actually the 2nd person to see him - 1st being Ginger. You should read her book - it's very good.

She may very well have been referring to her part of the cleanup (although, as I said, I haven't read the book). Did she say what part of the house she cleaned, and what she removed? Until I see otherwise, I still say the cleanup of the bathroom and immediate area where Elvis was found was done before the paramedics arrived.

presley31
11-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks Kelly l thought did the clean up after elvis body was removed from the house.

presley31
11-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Joe was there within seconds of the call coming that Elvis was found.

She may very well have been referring to her part of the cleanup (although, as I said, I haven't read the book). Did she say what part of the house she cleaned, and what she removed? Until I see otherwise, I still say the cleanup of the bathroom and immediate area where Elvis was found was done before the paramedics arrived.

If l rememeber correctly they cleaned the bathroom and bedroom and got rid of the syringes. I have to wait till my books here cause l can't remember what else

Getlo
11-28-2007, 04:13 PM
I believe the paramedics who went to Graceland have stated they saw a cluttered counter in the bathroom.Misc medicine bottles among other things.After Elvis was taken away Aunt Delta and a maid cleaned the entire bathroom to get rid of the evidence of Elvis' drug abuse.The maid then took the bag containing the items and put them in the trash outside.

In that case, I will gladly take your (and ksimms2's) word that that was what the books said. (y)

MissyM
11-28-2007, 04:15 PM
So many statements Stanley says are inconsistant. He said Elvis was found in a fetal postition. Ok, I thought it was face down. And he makes his case for suicide with lame information. I'm going to generalize here. 1. a person who chooses that most often goes to great planning in doing so and up to a week prior is the norm. Stanley says Elvis went back and forth about the tour. People planning on taking their lives almost always are in a completely peaceful state, having made their decision. Billy said Elvis was trying to be up about the tour, but peaceful is a word not used to describe Elvis's state of mind that day. Most people who are determined plan it so that they will not be found in time. Teens sometimes are most spontaneous, adults rarely are. The rarely do it where they can be interuppted. Stanley make no mention of Lisa, had Elvis planned this he would have made up and excuse to have her leave a few days early. As selfish as suicide may be, often the most loved ones are protected in some way. I've studied this, I've organized benefit concerts for awareness, because two people I loved ended their lives this way.I am no expert and I said I generalized but I think you'll find my info fairly accurate.

jak
11-28-2007, 04:16 PM
The actions taken in the bathroom after Elvis was removed should speak volumes to everyone about Elvis' "medicine".Normally you would supply medics with all the info they need.Not hide it in a bag and throw it out.That's the only coverup in Elvis' death.
Jak

Getlo
11-28-2007, 04:17 PM
As selfish as suicide may be

Yes, suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness.

And it is cowardly.

Elvis could sometimes be selfish (as we all are from time to time), but he was no coward.

presley31
11-28-2007, 04:18 PM
In that case, I will gladly take your (and ksimms2's) word that that was what the books said. (y)

Thanks jak,

MissyM
11-28-2007, 04:19 PM
I would never say it is cowardly. Sometimes people are just in so much pain and they can't take any more. It becomes the only way out. By the time they decide to do it their thinking is not normal.

presley31
11-28-2007, 04:20 PM
The actions taken in the bathroom after Elvis was removed should speak volumes to everyone about Elvis' "medicine".Normally you would supply medics with all the info they need.Not hide it in a bag and throw it out.That's the only coverup in Elvis' death.
Jak

l agree(y)

ksimms2
11-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Jak

I have to agree here. I think them removing everything - which did not help the investigation at all - was done solely at the time because they probably thought he overdosed - not intentionally - but as he had done so many times in the past. I guess they removed the evidence because they were still trying to protect his reputation. I would say you are right Jak - this is the coverup - the fact that they cleaned up his medications and whatever else before the cops investigated.

cameron
11-28-2007, 04:23 PM
If l rememeber correctly they cleaned the bathroom and bedroom and got rid of the syringes. I have to wait till my books here cause l can't remember what else

You're right kimmie.
It starts at the end of page 106 and goes on to page 107.

"Almost as soon as Elvis was taken from Graceland she grabbed me by the arm and said , "Let's go.We've got to go upstairs and get rid of some things before the investigators get here ! "

They did clean up the bathroom and the bedroom.
Not going to type all that here .
Buy the book. She can probably use the money.(y)

ksimms2
11-28-2007, 04:25 PM
I would never say it is cowardly. Sometimes people are just in so much pain and they can't take any more. It becomes the only way out. By the time they decide to do it their thinking is not normal.

yes Missy I agree. You don't know what is going on in others lives that is so horrible that they cannot take it anymore. I've been there and still going through stuff - that honestly - you reach the end of your rope and sometimes feel you have no other alternatives. So don't put anyone down for having those thoughts. The trick is to work your way through them and hang in there until things do get better.

ksimms2
11-28-2007, 04:26 PM
You're right kimmie.

"Almost as soon as Elvis was taken from Graceland she grabbed me by the arm and said , "Let's go.We've got to go upstairs and get rid of some things before the investigators get here ! "

Thanks Cameron for typing what was actually written in the book.....

presley31
11-28-2007, 04:27 PM
You're right kimmie.

yes thanks a bunch cameron(y)(y)

jak
11-28-2007, 04:28 PM
I have to agree here. I think them removing everything - which did not help the investigation at all - was done solely at the time because they probably thought he overdosed - not intentionally - but as he had done so many times in the past. I guess they removed the evidence because they were still trying to protect his reputation. I would say you are right Jak - this is the coverup - the fact that they cleaned up his medications and whatever else before the cops investigated.

Of course.The wanted to hide his drug abuse.Many fans will argue to their last breath how how needed his medicine.What happened in the bathroom moments after he was removed shows what his family and people close to him thought of his medicine.Obviously you dont hide someone's prescribed medicine from the investigators.
Jak

cameron
11-28-2007, 04:30 PM

I agree with you here, Missy. It's not cowardly and most make their plans so as not to upset their loved ones. IMO, there was no suicide.

Stryx
11-28-2007, 04:54 PM

Well why don't you admit your wrong about the whopper you landed on the Jumpsuit thread about Mr. Lansky designing them?

:lmfao:

I have never believed in a poster on this forum as little as I do in you. Some come here admitting they know nothing...others come pretending.

It's usually easy to pick out the people know their stuff and those that wing it.

Stryx
11-28-2007, 05:00 PM

This is about Elvis and not some random individual who is lost.

Elvis wasn't a coward and woulden't commit suicide while Lisa Marie was on the grounds.

What type of a sick person do some think he was that he would subject his daughter to that.

He was also religious and knew it was a sin to commit suicide.

As for people's personal opinions about suicide they should be left to one side. But it's the people who are left after someone commits suicide that have to deal with it. That to me is selfish and cowardly.

Gary1
11-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Im sure given the hysteria after Elvis' death anybody clould make an inaccurate statement.He may have also been trying to sidestep the issue out of respect considering the details of how and where Elvis died.
Jak Esposito might have been trying to side step the issue at the time but he's sure as h*ll making up for it now.

utmom2008
11-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Joe Esposito was downstairs at Graceland when Elvis died!!

He was not at Baptist Memorial Hospital at all.

Geez. :mad:

Where do you get this stuff? ;)
I think she meant Joe E. was at the hospital with Elvis when the room was cleaned up..

utmom2008
11-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Esposito might have been trying to side step the issue at the time but he's sure as h*ll making up for it now.
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

utmom2008
11-28-2007, 05:56 PM
The cleanup at Graceland happened before the paramedics arrived, and while Elvis was still at the house.

Why do you think it was done? So the paramedics and anyone else wouldn't find the drugs, syringes and other stuff.

Joe went to BMH, following the ambulance taking Elvis' body.
I know that one of the books says that they missed 2 syringes in two different locations...

utmom2008
11-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Did he? Where was this?
There is an interview on youtube where Joe says he found him in bed.

poormansgold
11-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Know what Yo u have to be there That day, people are getting ready for going To Portland Me. for next Tour and Lisa was there that Summer time. it's don't matter who is right or wrong. We have to remember that another person die that day, that person never be back on stage again. only in our hearts and soul.
real facts is Elvis is gone and we never know real true facts are behind is death, only we got people was there in books or intveiws past years.
I had Read 15 books on Elvis Life From 1935 to 1977, I stop reading books because the facts had change to point to get us to buy them.
The mysteries is about is the fans themself . we are one is keep him live for 30 years and hope that younger fans keep it going next 30 years from now?.
I'm not good with words that's my throught is about this thing about Elvis Death,
They you guys was when Elvis Die, I know Few you wasn't live yet, I was 16 old going thru rough Time in life.
this never be solved inb my life Time.
Tom

cameron
11-28-2007, 06:30 PM
poormansgold :
You are possibly the smartest one of us all.(y)(y)

KPM
11-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Yes, suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness.

And it is cowardly.

Elvis could sometimes be selfish (as we all are from time to time), but he was no coward.
Having had 4 suicides in my family-I had a doctor tell me anyone who thinks things are so bad that they choose to take their own life is- definitely mentally unbalanced at the time. So I choose not to call it cowardice. I looked at my dads suicide for years as selfish-I felt for years I must have not been worth him sticking it out. But now I think how alone he must have felt at the time and how screwed up his thinking must have been when he did it. That gives me a little comfort.

Elvistcbkirch
11-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Dear everybody. Before the discussion makes another low, here are the facts, that I've researched during my work on the visual of the upstairs rooms.

1. Elvis dies in the bathroom, while trying to defecate on the commode. He's hit by a serious heart-attack, falls over, crawls some feet and then with his face buried in the carpet he womits. His body is slighty leaned to the left with his head near the wall. His pyjamas bottoms are around his ankles. The heart-attack is so strong he has no power to reach the intercom.

2. Ginger wakes up, finds Elvis and calls for help. The maid answers the call and is alarming Al Strada. She rushed upstairs, goes quiet in the bathroom/lounge area via the back entrance, and in the mirror that runs along the bathroomwall opposite the counter, she sees Elvis lying with his bare behind in the air. She doesnt see anybody else in the bathroom, and rushes back down the stairs. On the way down, she is reliefed to see Al Strada rush up the stairs. Then Jo Esposito comes up and calls for an ambulance.

3. The paramedics are arriving. They are lead to the bathroom wich already is in hysteria. The bedroom is crowded with moaning people and so is the bathroom, where Elvis is lying, now with his face up. They try to treat him, but quickly he is transported downstairs on a stretcher. They lift him in the ambulance and drives to Babtist Memorial Hospital.

4. And now the cleanup of the bed-and bathroom goes on. Nancy Rooks is told to. The bed is made up, the spot of vomit is cleaned and the syrings is thrown in a trash can.

5. Elvis is pronounced dead in the hospital. The paramedics returns to Graceland and finds their equipment neat collected in the sink in the bathroom. It is obvious for them that the rooms have been made up.

6. Then the investigator-team arrives lead by Dan Warlick. He is quickly aware, that the rooms have been made up, but he still finds a syring in the office and in the bedroom on top of a bookcase. In the bathroom he notice a trace of a spot on the thick, red carpet. He lies down with his head to the spot, strecthes out in full frame leaving several feet from his feet to the commode. He concludes, that Elvis crawled some feet before sinking over with his head in the carpet.

Its all in the very well-reserched book 'Death Of Elvis-What Really Happened'. Read it, and you'll realize that there was no mystery og glamour to his death. Its no secret 30 years later...

Best regards

Martin Kirchgässner

utmom2008
11-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Dear everybody. Before the discussion makes another low, here are the facts, that I've researched during my work on the visual of the upstairs room.

1. Elvis dies in the bathroom, while trying to defecate on the commode. He's hit by a serious heart-attack, falls over, crawls some feet and then with his face buried in the carpet he womits. His body is slighty leaned to the left with his head near the wall. His pyjamas bottoms are around his ankles. The heart-attack is so strong he has no power to reach the intercom.

2. Ginger wakes up, finds Elvis and calls for help. The maid answers the call and is alarming Al Strada. She rushed upstairs, goes quiet in the bathroom/lounge area via the back entrance, and in the mirror that runs along the bathroomwall opposite the counter, she sees Elvis lying with his bare behind in the air. She doesnt see anybody else in the bathroom, and rushes back down the stairs. On the way down, she is reliefed to see Al Strada rush up the stairs. Then Jo Esposito comes up and calls for an ambulance.

3. The paramedics are arriving. They are lead to the bathroom wich already is in hysteria. The bedroom is crowded with moaning people and so is the bathroom, where Elvis is lying, now with his face up. They try to treat him, but quickly he is transported downstairs on a stretcher. They lift him in the ambulance and drives to Babtist Memorial Hospital.

4. And now the cleanup of the bed-and bathroom goes on. Nancy Rooks is told to. The bed is made up, the spot of vomit is cleaned and the syrings is thrown in a trash can.

5. Elvis is pronounced dead in the hospital. The paramedics returns to Graceland and finds their equipment neat collected in the sink in the bathroom. It is obvious for them that the rooms have been made up.

6. Then the investigator-team arrives lead by Dan Warlick. He is quickly aware, that the rooms have been made up, but he still finds a syring in the office and in the bedroom on top of a bookcase. In the bathroom he notice a trace of a spot on the thick, red carpet. He lies down with his head to the spot, strecthes out in full frame leaving several feet from his feet to the commode. He concludes, that Elvis crawled some feet before sinking over with his head in the carpet.

Its all in the very well-reserched book 'Death Of Elvis-What Really Happened'. Read it, and you'll realize that there was no mystery og glamour to his death. Its no secret 30 years later...

Best regards

Martin Kirchgässner
Thanks for the post Martin. I knew I had read that someplace about the 2 syringes being found. I remember that book as being very informative....not always enjoyable, but worth reading.

cameron
11-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Elvistcbkirch :

Yes, thanks. I read that book too. Very throughly and graphically written. Some did not appreciate it, but was necessary IMO.

Found a few different opinions in describing the body. Otherwise ok.

franny
11-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Elvistcbkirch3.
The paramedics are arriving. They are lead to the bathroom wich already is in hysteria. The bedroom is crowded with moaning people and so is the bathroom, where Elvis is lying, now with his face up. They try to treat him, but quickly he is transported downstairs on a stretcher. They lift him in the ambulance and drives to Babtist Memorial Hospital.

Thanks, for your post Martin!

I was just wondering, I heard Joe say on an interview that the paramedics were slow in getting to Graceland...Was Elvis already dead :'( when the pramedics arrived and would it have made a difference, had they arrived sooner?

franny

JDD
11-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Franny everything I've ever heard says He was gone for quite awhile by the time anyone found him.

JD

I was just wondering, I heard Joe say on an interview that the paramedics were slow in getting to Graceland...Was Elvis already dead :'( when the pramedics arrived and would it have made a difference, had they arrived sooner?

franny

franny
11-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Franny everything I've ever heard says He was gone for quite awhile by the time anyone found him.

JD

Thanks, Jim...I was just curious if it made a difference, had they arrived sooner...How long was he actually gone, before Ginger found him?

franny

Tony Trout
11-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Franny,

Billy Smith says in "Revelations From The Memphis Mafia" that Dr. Nick stated that Elvis possibly passed away somewhere around 11:00 a.m. the morning of 8/16/77......so he was gone for quite some time before Ginger found him.

franny
11-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks, Tony. (y)

Yes, it sounds like it must have been hours before Ginger found him...

franny

Stryx
11-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks, Tony. (y)

Yes, it sounds like it must have been hours before Ginger found him...

franny

Yep.

Elvis was long gone before she entered the bathroom.

Elvistcbkirch
11-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Dear everybody: At the time, Ginger found him, Elvis was long gone. Rigor Mortis has set im, his legs was stiff, his face was purple, he had bitten deep into his tongue and his eyes were blood-red. When Ulysses Jones, one of the paremedics first saw him on the floor in the bathroom, he first thougt he was a black man because of hic facecolour. He was shocked to learn, that the man was Elvis. Best regards, Martin.

ksimms2
11-29-2007, 12:43 AM
thanks for all this info...it's so sad nobody found him sooner.....all the "what if's"

cameron
11-29-2007, 01:01 AM
Dear everybody: At the time, Ginger found him, Elvis was long gone. Rigor Mortis has set im, his legs was stiff, his face was purple, he had bitten deep into his tongue and his eyes were blood-red. When Ulysses Jones, one of the paremedics first saw him on the floor in the bathroom, he first thougt he was a black man because of hic facecolour. He was shocked to learn, that the man was Elvis. Best regards, Martin.

Do you really think there was enough time for rigor to set in?
Not within the few hours you're talking about.
Please look it up. It takes much longer than 3 or 4 hours.

Gary1
11-29-2007, 01:13 AM
When Ulysses Jones, one of the paremedics first saw him on the floor in the bathroom, he first thougt he was a black man because of hic facecolour. He was shocked to learn, that the man was Elvis. Best regards, Martin.
I've read that before and never understood it.Not unless Elvis' was the first person who had died that he had ever seen.

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 01:43 AM

franny
He must have been dead for quite some time because rigor mortis had apparently set in...

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 01:51 AM
I have read that when Joe rolled him over that his legs stayed in the same position as if he were crawling. I had not heard that Ulysses Jones thought he was a black man, but I have read that Jones said there was no way in the world he would have known that was Elvis on the floor. Like Cameron said earlier, I don't think it was a very glamorous scene in that bathroom.

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 01:59 AM
Do you really think there was enough time for rigor to set in?
Not within the few hours you're talking about.
Please look it up. It takes much longer than 3 or 4 hours.
Every single book says that rigor mortis had set in, that seems to be the story no matter what book you are reading.
I just looked it up and it says rigor mortis starts setting in after 3 hours.....

Getlo
11-29-2007, 02:28 AM
Every single book says that rigor mortis had set in, that seems to be the story no matter what book you are reading.
I just looked it up and it says rigor mortis starts setting in after 3 hours.....

You are right.

Given normal conditions (and there is nothing to suggest there was nothing abnormal about the bathroom scene) rigor starts at around 3 hours. Maximum rigor sets in at 12 hours, then slowly dissipates over the following three days.

It really doesn't take a lot of effort to look up stuff like this, does it?

PS: Ulysses Jones ... cool name! (y)

cameron
11-29-2007, 02:43 AM

Yes, it starts after 3 hours. Temperature is also taken into account.
If cooler temps, Rigor takes longer .
Just seems he would have to be dead longer than 3 or 4 hours for full rigor to set in. :hmm:

utmom2008
11-29-2007, 02:55 AM
Yes, it starts after 3 hours. Temperature is also taken into account.
If cooler temps, Rigor takes longer .
Just seems he would have to be dead longer than 3 or 4 hours for full rigor to set in. :hmm:
Apparently rigor mortis starts with the facial muscles first, which would explain why his teeth seemed to be clamped down on the tongue. I keep reading about the tongue and about his legs, nothing is ever mentioned about his arms and such. :hmm:

Elvistcbkirch
11-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Dear everybody. I'll stick to the facts. According to the doctors, Elvis died around nine o'clock in the morning, and that rigor mortis has 'set in', when he was found. His face had turned blue, (almost black). His body was cool and was beginning to stiffen. All in all, it means, that rigor mortis has 'set in'. Later, when the ambulance arrived at Baptist Memorial Hospital, the signs of rigor mortis were 'spreading'.

Lesson-time: (quoted from 'Death Of Elvis): Rigor mortis is a rigidity of the muscles that occurs usually four hours or more after death and normally first affects the muscles of the face. The eyelids, then the muscles of the jaw, become stiff. The process spreads gradually from the muscles of the head and neck to those of the torax, abdomen, legs, and feet in that order.

Elvis was found at about 2.00 p.m.

cameron
11-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Elvistcbkirch :

You're right , in the sense T and C did a better job of researching than most writing any book. It's a touchy subject and one that most fans could do without.
I certainly won't argue about it. Not on an open siite anyway. ;)
Since no one seems to know the exact time of death; it's a moot point.

I appreciate your work and thank you .

ksimms2
11-29-2007, 01:49 PM
thanks for all of this info - it does give me more insight into what happened that fateful day....so sad....

MissyM
11-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Time of death is set at an approximate weighing in with the best evidence possible.

Tony Trout
11-29-2007, 02:14 PM
You are right.

Given normal conditions (and there is nothing to suggest there was nothing abnormal about the bathroom scene) rigor starts at around 3 hours. Maximum rigor sets in at 12 hours, then slowly dissipates over the following three days.

It really doesn't take a lot of effort to look up stuff like this, does it?

PS: Ulysses Jones ... cool name! (y)

Getlo,

You is correct, brother...and I'll agree with you 'bout Ulysses Jones..that is a cool name!!

Elvis was found at about 2.00 p.m.

Elvis may have been 'found' at around 2:00 p.m. but there have been rumors (although I'm not sure if they have ever been confirmed) that Elvis had tried to summon people for help long before that...

Sadly, there are still so many unanswered questions 'bout that day...it still makes me upset to know that Elvis apparently wasn't being monitored by the aides like he should have been. If I'd have been Joe or one of the main guys, someone's *** would've gotten the heave-ho...and I frankly think that Ginger was too inexperienced to realize what she was getting into with Elvis to know how to properly care for him...

Yes, I still believe that had Linda T. been with him that day that he wouldn't have died that day...that's not to say that it wouldn't have kept the inevitable from happening but I honestly don't believe he would have left us that day had people who were more knowledgeable (or who weren't downstairs blown out of their skull on drugs..*cough*...David and Ricky Stanley) been around Elvis that day.

presley31
11-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Getlo,

You is correct, brother...and I'll agree with you 'bout Ulysses Jones..that is a cool name!!

Elvis may have been 'found' at around 2:00 p.m. but there have been rumors (although I'm not sure if they have ever been confirmed) that Elvis had tried to summon people for help long before that...

Sadly, there are still so many unanswered questions 'bout that day...it still makes me upset to know that Elvis apparently wasn't being monitored by the aides like he should have been. If I'd have been Joe or one of the main guys, someone's *** would've gotten the heave-ho...and I frankly think that Ginger was too inexperienced to realize what she was getting into with Elvis...

Yes, I still believe that had Linda T. been with him that day that he wouldn't have died that day...that's not to say that it wouldn't have kept the inevitable from happening but I honestly don't believe he would have left us that day had people who were more knowledgeable (or who weren't downstairs blown out of their skull on drugs..*cough*...David and Ricky Stanley) been around Elvis that day.

Tony l disgreee, elvis was going to die either if LInda was there or not. Maybe he woudn't of died that day but it would soon happen cause he was in bad shape.

Tony Trout
11-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Tony l disgreee, elvis was going to die either if LInda was there or not. Maybe he woudn't of died that day but it would soon happen cause he was in bad shape.

Jen, read my post again...that's basically what I said...had Linda been with Elvis that day I don't think he would have died that day...

(If I'm misunderstanding your post I apologize)

presley31
11-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Jen, read my post again...that's basically what I said...had Linda been with Elvis that day I don't think he would have died that day...

Sorry Tony:blush:

Maybe Ginger was on something, maybe thats why she didn't hear anything, but l agree linda would sure make sure he was ok no matter if he was in the washroom or not.

Stryx
11-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Sorry Tony:blush:

Maybe Ginger was on something, maybe thats why she didn't hear anything, but l agree linda would sure make sure he was ok no matter if he was in the washroom or not.

If Ginger was on something.....you can bet Elvis gave it to her.

Getlo
11-29-2007, 03:59 PM

That's precisely what TT was saying.

Maybe Ginger was on something, maybe thats why she didn't hear anything.

Let's not turn this into another Ginger-bashing. The kid did the best she could, given the circumstances.

presley31
11-29-2007, 04:07 PM

Let's not turn this into another Ginger-bashing. The kid did the best she could, given the circumstances.

Thanks for speaking for tony:doh:
I didn't bash ginger:mad:

Getlo
11-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks for speaking for tony:doh:

Any time. I'll remember that next time you post one of those "that's not what cameron means" type of things ... ;)

presley31
11-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Any time. I'll remember that next time you post one of those "that's not what cameron means" type of things ... ;)
Back to topic :D

ricardo b. prospero
11-29-2007, 04:37 PM
This is the power of money at work. People will be willing to give away even their soul for money and David Stanley is no different.Conclusively, all the people around Elvis particularly relatives have exploited him from the start and even after his death. Their hunger for money will never subsides like vultures.

Tony Trout
11-29-2007, 04:50 PM

I agree...I wasn't bashing Ginger, either...she did the best she could...

This is the power of money at work. People will be willing to give away even their soul for money and David Stanley is no different.Conclusively, all the people around Elvis particularly relatives have exploited him from the start and even after his death. Their hunger for money will never subsides like vultures.

Huh?

jak
11-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Even if Linda was around that that day it's hard to say it would have mattered.How can you be expected to babysit him 24/7?You have to sleep sometimes.Dont forget that Elvis nearly OD several times starting back in 73.He was playing russian roulette and it was going to get him sooner or later.
Jak

poormansgold
11-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Know what, we needed to stop blaming who flaut is, how Elvis die. it's his Time To die, We already dead before we are living.
we needed to let this go. it's been 30 years ago and I don't care who can't their fact stiaght out.
I know That another person die that day and whole world lost one best person, so yo u guys what to keep this going your are the fools to read that stuff from books , i was them long time will buy that shit, what i buy now is music cds and Sessions Books only I can or concerts books.
I'm done with this tread for day ,
Tom

Rhinestone
11-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Dear everybody. Before the discussion makes another low, here are the facts, that I've researched during my work on the visual of the upstairs rooms.

Best regards

Martin Kirchgässner

The Death Of Elvis is definitely one to read. Lots of direct observations reported. After reading Warlick's account re: the bathroom and the commode, I couldn't figure out how it was physically possible for someone around 5'11" to tumble forward from that particular type of commode, in front of the commode, where the body was found.