PDA

View Full Version : Another Grandchildren/Elvis Story

MissyM
11-20-2007, 09:29 PM
So I was watching the grandkids today and grandson said to me that on the bus someone had a picture of Elvis (I don't know why or what it was) and he told him that it was a cool picture. So another kids asks who the picutre was of. So grandson says, "You mean you don't even know that's Elvis?" And the kid says, "Elvis who?" So grandson asks his sister, "Who is that a picture of and of course she says, "Elvis, Elvis Presley." Then they both look at me and say, "Grandma, can you believe that kid didn't even know who Elvis is?"
If it's up to my grandkids, everyone will know who he is! LOL

elvisia
11-20-2007, 09:46 PM
HI MissyM....He,he....just got to think of the lady in "Elvis in concert" who says something about her 12 years old daughter don`t knowing who Elvis is and she said..." A kid can`t grow up without knowing who Elvis Presley is"

Oh how she was right and so are your grand children......well said by them...and just tell them to go on telling every other kid who don`t know...YET(y)

Diane
11-20-2007, 09:47 PM
My six-year old grandson runs upstairs immediately when he comes over to say hi to me if he can't find me downstairs as he knows I'm on the computer. Usually I'll listening to Elvis music on YouTube and he'll say "that's Elvis right"?

The other day he asked where Elvis was and I had to tell him he had died a long time ago and his little face crumbled and he said noooooo. I had to explain how we are able to still see him sing etc. and he finally cheered up when he found out we have him still on YouTube, the TV, radio, videos etc. because he is so well loved.

Diane

MissyM
11-20-2007, 09:47 PM
They will, I'm sure. I'm quite sure they will tell the whole story about their connections!! LOL

MissyM
11-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Oh Diane, how touching and sweet!

marijaep
11-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Awwwwwww...adorable stories! :wub:
(y) Thumbs up for your grandchildren Missy! hehe

...and Diane, what a sweet story :hug:

Thanks for sharing all

cameron
11-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Grandchildren are great !!
It's our reward for putting up with our children. (y)

I like the little ones best. Their wisdom and innocense are wonderful.
Mine love Lilo and Stitch. But, all know Elvis, the man and his music.

Lisarose
11-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Sweet stories! If I'm in a bad mood in the morning driving my youngest to school, he'll put in my Elvis cd. He tells me that he knows that it will put me in a good mood. His favorite song is "Fools Fall in Love" He loves the instrumental part in the middle.

MissyM
11-27-2007, 01:29 AM
Awe L.R.That's so sweet!

ksimms2
11-27-2007, 01:47 AM
these stories are so sweet! Elvis puts me in a better mood also.

LovesElvis
11-27-2007, 04:21 AM
My son is currently sick with some little respiratory bug and is feeling a little on the puny side. Anyway...we're in the car on the way to see the doc and I've got a burned CD of Elvis gospel playing ever so softly so as not to grate on his already frazzled little nerves. I hear a little voice peep out of the backseat..."Mommy? This is Elvis and Johnny Cash?" (the song was "Just a little talk with Jesus" from the MDQ CD).

Kids are awesome.

SweetCaroline
11-27-2007, 05:44 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....that is a great story MissyM!!!(y):D
I think some of us really dedicated ELVIS fans will always be connected to ELVIS in the minds of our loved ones. My grandkids know Grammy loves ELVIS and used to go watch him perform in person!!! It is simply part of Grammy's story and who she is. ;) I just hope when my collection of International/Hilton menus and Hilton reservation cards, ELVIS photos, and rest of my small collection that has been packed away for years...are passed down someday...that the grandkids will take care with the memories.

john carpenter
01-16-2008, 01:17 AM
Missy M that was a sweet story. My nephew knew who Elvis was from the time he could understand.Because of my constant watching,listening to,ect, But as of yet i've never met anyone who does'nt know who Elvis is..but be sure if they don't my nephew and i will educate them.:lol:

Joe Car
01-16-2008, 11:24 AM
So I was watching the grandkids today and grandson said to me that on the bus someone had a picture of Elvis (I don't know why or what it was) and he told him that it was a cool picture. So another kids asks who the picutre was of. So grandson says, "You mean you don't even know that's Elvis?" And the kid says, "Elvis who?" So grandson asks his sister, "Who is that a picture of and of course she says, "Elvis, Elvis Presley." Then they both look at me and say, "Grandma, can you believe that kid didn't even know who Elvis is?"
If it's up to my grandkids, everyone will know who he is! LOL

That kind on the bus should be suspended from school, just kidding! Very nice story Missy M!

MissyM
01-16-2008, 01:02 PM
You know, I think the fans really have more of an impact on keeping the legacy alive than even EPE! I really do!

Suzan
01-16-2008, 01:52 PM
My 7, 4 & 3 yr. old nephews are same way...when the 7 yr. old was around 3 my sis and bro in law took him to one of those 50's themed diner's and apparently there was this life size stand up of Elvis...well my sis says that my nephew broke away from them @ the door, ran as fast as he could to the stand up, threw his arms around one leg and said "Elvis, Elvis"...my sis said for like 6 tables around diner's and staff clapped and couldn't believe that someone so small knew who that was...my sis told them it was thanks to his aunt. LOL

MissyM
01-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Love that story!!!

marijaep
01-16-2008, 02:19 PM
My 7, 4 & 3 yr. old nephews are same way...when the 7 yr. old was around 3 my sis and bro in law took him to one of those 50's themed diner's and apparently there was this life size stand up of Elvis...well my sis says that my nephew broke away from them @ the door, ran as fast as he could to the stand up, threw his arms around one leg and said "Elvis, Elvis"...my sis said for like 6 tables around diner's and staff clapped and couldn't believe that someone so small knew who that was...my sis told them it was thanks to his aunt. LOL

:lol: - Awwww, such a sweet story Suzan, thanks for sharing.
Good job educating your nephew Suzan, hehe (y):D

Suzan
01-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks Missy and Marija! :D

I used to play game w/them where I'd turn on an Elvis song and they'd dance and then have to freeze when I stopped it and they always got mad when it stopped. LOL

The other story is my 7 yr. old nephew @ age 5 looking thru my collection and then findng my photo album from my visits to Graceland...and as he gets to the pics of the Meditation garden he points to Elvis grave (photos from '78, he also wanted to know who the girl was and was quite fascinated that it was me LOL)...and asks "who died?" and I said "Elvis, that's his grave" and he gets this very upset look on his face, ponders that for a moment as he's looking at the pic, then looks up at me and says "auntie you mean he's really dead?" and I said "yeah he is" and he says "Oh...I was hoping I would get to meet him, he is so nice." That blew me away...I asked him what made him think he was nice and he says "well everyone loves him and he has a nice voice and I hear things you play where people say how nice he was and giving things so he must be very nice".
Amazed me from a 5 yr. old really.

The 4 yr. old he wants a guitar so he can be like Elvis...:)
3 yr. old he just likes the songs and wants to look at the scrapbooks and photos...

MissyM
01-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Kids! They are so innocently wise.

ksimms2
01-16-2008, 03:08 PM

what an adorable story!!!!

Suzan
01-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Thank you.:) He's a pip that kid, that's for sure. :D

e76
01-16-2008, 07:04 PM
One evening I had a headache so I went to the bedroom to lay down for a few moments. I turned on the "68 Comeback" DVD and had the volume down low. I just wanted to look at Elvis. Well, my 4 year old granddaughter came into the bedroom, stopped and stared at the tv for a few seconds. She asked "Nini, who is that?" I said, "thats Elvis". She said,
"Is he a real person?", of course I said yes. She left and stayed in the other room for a few minutes then came back in and stared at the tv for several minutes and then said,'Nine, Elvis is cute, he's reeeaaalll cute"! I loved it, she has loved Elvis ever since that night. She wants to have an Elvis birthday party this year.

Diane
01-16-2008, 10:25 PM
LOL that is sweet......her first crush! :) He was mine too but I was 11.

Diane

Suzan
01-17-2008, 07:07 AM
That is very cute! :D
He was my first crush as well I informed my dad that I was going to marry Elvis one day...I was 7. LOL My dad tried to explain that Elvis was older then him but I wasn't having none of that nonsense talk. LOL

marijaep
01-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Aww, what a cute story!!! :D Thanks for sharing :D

LOL Suzan :lol: I had my first crush when I was 5 in....our plummer! :blush::lol::lol: I was asking my dad everyday when he would come again:lol:
- He never did though.

john carpenter
01-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Such a sweet story Suzan..like they say "out of the mouth of babes" comes great wisdom.And no i'm not chinese.LOL

e76
01-17-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm glad ya'll enjoyed the story. I have another Elvis story with this same granddaughter. I was babysitting with my three grand children, it was a beautiful day so we were out playing on the back deck. My husband pulled up and walked up the steps of the deck, he was singing and just in a happy mood. Well, my little Elvis loving granddaughter stopped playing, looked up at him and said "pawpaw, you sing really good", He said "thank you sweetheart". Of course, he felt so proud and you could see his head had really swelled. Well, she didn't miss a beat and said "but not as good as Elvis!". His head deflated like a popped balloon. LOL

presley31
01-17-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm glad ya'll enjoyed the story. I have another Elvis story with this same granddaughter. I was babysitting with my three grand children, it was a beautiful day so we were out playing on the back deck. My husband pulled up and walked up the steps of the deck, he was singing and just in a happy mood. Well, my little Elvis loving granddaughter stopped playing, looked up at him and said "pawpaw, you sing really good", He said "thank you sweetheart". Of course, he felt so proud and you could see his head had really swelled. Well, she didn't miss a beat and said "but not as good as Elvis!". His head deflated like a popped balloon. LOL

wondeful story:D thanks for sharing.

ksimms2
01-17-2008, 03:25 PM

:lmfao::lmfao: what a cute story!!! Sorry Paw Paw - but nobody sings as good as elvis - so don't take it to heart....

ksimms2
01-17-2008, 03:26 PM
One evening I had a headache so I went to the bedroom to lay down for a few moments. I turned on the "68 Comeback" DVD and had the volume down low. I just wanted to look at Elvis. Well, my 4 year old granddaughter came into the bedroom, stopped and stared at the tv for a few seconds. She asked "Nini, who is that?" I said, "thats Elvis". She said,
"Is he a real person?", of course I said yes. She left and stayed in the other room for a few minutes then came back in and stared at the tv for several minutes and then said,'Nine, Elvis is cute, he's reeeaaalll cute"! I loved it, she has loved Elvis ever since that night. She wants to have an Elvis birthday party this year.

how sweet! I want an Elvis party to!! lol.....make sure she gets one though okay? Not sure how to get an Elvis cake - but I hope she gets it somehow.

Suzan
01-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Such a sweet story Suzan..like they say "out of the mouth of babes" comes great wisdom.And no i'm not chinese.LOL

Thank you John.:D
Yes that is very true, kids do amaze!
LOL :notworthy

riley
01-18-2008, 08:59 AM
quote Suzan

Originally Posted by Suzan

end quote

great story and indeed thanks to his aunt.... can imagine