19. Hound dog
20. Can't help falling in love
21. Closing riff

22. Heartbreak hotel
23. Bridge over troubled water
24. Unchained melody

Label: Krypton CD-M 1
Released: 2000
Sound quality: good (audience recording)

Date - tracks 01-21: May 26, 1977
Jumpsuit: Mexican sundial suit

Date - tracks 22-24: May 27, 1977
Jumpsuit: Mexican sundial suit

Reviews: n/a

Pictures: 1 (Binghampton, May 26, 1977)

Jungleroom76
11-08-2004, 02:25 AM
UNCHAINED ELVIS is another classic example of why all fans really need to take the time to listen to some of Elvis' shows from 1977 and decide for themselves about how good Elvis could be during the last year of his life...without immediately judging him based on what EPE wants you to believe about Elvis in his final years.

UNCHAINED ELVIS is an above-average audience recording from Elvis' show in Binghampton, N.Y. on 5/26/77. Elvis is in good spirits throughout the entire show, treating fans in the audience that evening to a high energy show including great renditions of POLK SALAD ANNIE, HURT, AND I LOVE YOU SO, and a rare 1977 performance of WHY ME LORD!

As an added bonus, fans are treated to 3 bonus performances from Elvis' second Binghampton show the following evening --- a great off-the-cuff performance of HEARTBREAK HOTEL and powerful renditions of BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER and UNCHAINED MELODY!!! All in all, very good performances from the undisputed King of Rock N' Roll only weeks before his tragic and untimely passing.

UNCHAINED ELVIS is one import which I feel every fan should try and add to their collection! One listen to this CD will surely convince most fans that, despite his obvious health problems, Elvis was still able to give a fantastic performance during the final months of his lifetime.

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
11-10-2004, 02:50 AM
I AGREE COMPLETELY SPINOUT!!! (y)

I would LOVE to have this show in soundboard quality, although I have to say that for an audience recording, this show is definitely one of the best that I have heard! There are some audience recordings which are horrible because the audience drowns Elvis out completely, but UNCHAINED ELVIS is one of those audience recordings where Elvis and the audience are balanced in such a way that you almost feel like you are actually sitting in the auditorium listening to the show! So, personally, I think the way the audience is captured on UNCHAINED ELVIS really lends itself to the overall feeling of an actual Elvis concert, which is REALLY COOL in my opinion!! (h) NEVERTHELESS, I certainly would welcome a soundboard quality copy of this show!! ;)

The show also has a special significance to me since Binghampton is only 75 or so miles away from me here in New York! It's always nice to have copies of the shows that Elvis gave around your hometown, I think! :D

THANK YOU SPINOUT for your kind words...glad you liked the review!

TCB!
Mike

orwell1976
09-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Many people say, that in 1977 Elvis had already lost it. But that's not true. This cd clearly proofes the opposite. In Binghampton The King gave a very good performance. He sings some great songs, he jokes around and entertained the people as only he could do. The sound of the audience recorded show is very good, so that you can really hear what was going on in the arena. The artwork of the cd is good, too. If you want to have a complete May 1977 concert in your collection, this production is the right one to buy.

(y)