PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Co-Star Wed Hawaiian Governor

Brian Quinn
11-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Elvis co-star wed Hawaiian Governor

By KEN BECK
Staff Writer of The Tennessean

Dear Ken: The wife and I were wondering about the little girl in the movie It Happened at the World's Fair? I believe her name is Vicky Tiu.

Larry Peck / Columbia

Dear Larry: Tiu is about 51 years old now and married to Ben Cayetano, who was governor of Hawaii from 1994 to 2002. So, for several years she served as first lady of Hawaii. She and the ex-gov share five children.

I believe the Elvis flick was Vicky's only movie credit, and three of her siblings, sisters Ginny and Elizabeth and brother Alex, were in Presley's movie Girls! Girls! Girls!

Piano-playing Ginny was the bigger star in the family, and during the 1960s, she fronted the sibling musical group under the name of the Ginny Tiu Revue with sisters Pat, Elizabeth and Vicky (on guitar) and brother Alex on drums. They had been favorites of Ed Sullivan since their early years.

Ginny continues to be a professional entertainer in Hawaii and will be playing at the Hanohano Room in the Sheraton Waikiki this month.

Brian :)

Dorothy
11-12-2007, 02:11 AM
Elvis co-star wed Hawaiian Governor

By KEN BECK
Staff Writer of The Tennessean

Dear Ken: The wife and I were wondering about the little girl in the movie It Happened at the World's Fair? I believe her name is Vicky Tiu.

Larry Peck / Columbia

Dear Larry: Tiu is about 51 years old now and married to Ben Cayetano, who was governor of Hawaii from 1994 to 2002. So, for several years she served as first lady of Hawaii. She and the ex-gov share five children.

I believe the Elvis flick was Vicky's only movie credit, and three of her siblings, sisters Ginny and Elizabeth and brother Alex, were in Presley's movie Girls! Girls! Girls!

Piano-playing Ginny was the bigger star in the family, and during the 1960s, she fronted the sibling musical group under the name of the Ginny Tiu Revue with sisters Pat, Elizabeth and Vicky (on guitar) and brother Alex on drums. They had been favorites of Ed Sullivan since their early years.

Ginny continues to be a professional entertainer in Hawaii and will be playing at the Hanohano Room in the Sheraton Waikiki this month.

Brian :)

Thanks for posting this Brian,
I've always wondered what happened to her. She was so cute in that movie.

I'm always curious to know what happened to a lot of his co-stars. Especially the kids. I did see Donna Butterworth (Paradise Hawaiin Style) was at Elvis Week this year. Another one I think, that didn't do much more acting after that.

franny
11-12-2007, 03:04 AM
Thanks, for sharing that info! (y)

I, also wonder what happened to a lot of the child stars that were in Elvis' movies...it would be great to have updates, on them!

franny

Unchained Melody
11-12-2007, 03:12 AM
Thank you for sharing(y)