PDA

View Full Version : Tupelo Home

MissyM
11-06-2007, 12:48 PM
I don't know how to put pix in the gallery so I thought I'd just link it here. I took this when visiting family in Tupelo. Some of Elvis's cousins still live right down the street from the home. Can you believe that. When I went to visit them, I didn't even know this!! Anyway, in case some of you have never seen it, here it is.

http://i16.tinypic.com/67n828w.jpg

presley31
11-06-2007, 01:33 PM
seen this, but thanks for sharing.

ksimms2
11-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Thanks Missy...must have seemed strange to visit relatives and then see this house turned into a shrine?

MissyM
11-06-2007, 03:18 PM
It was, I tell ya! My brother-in-law has a pix of E., my in-laws- and him on a bench (which you can't see-it would be to the right) But that pix is stored under lock and key! Hmm, I wonder what he would want for a copy of it!!!! LOL My MIL left it for him when she died. My father-in-law had the negative, but he died. I don't even know where that is???

ksimms2
11-06-2007, 03:44 PM
they need to come off that stuff! keeping it hidden is no way for the world to enjoy it....like you said - they can keep the original and let you make copies or something....

presley31
11-06-2007, 03:48 PM
who has it under lock and key??

riley
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
would be great to see indeed.
MissyM do you happen to know the house in Tupelo is the real one or a replica.
I've always been told it is the real one but it has been restored completely (embellished) and also removed

Tommy
11-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Great photo MissyM(y) To post in the Gallery section, click on upload, then browse, choose a catagory, you should be able to load from there(y)

Anytime you need any help please let me know.(y)

Thanks for sharing the photo(y)

Tommy:D

MissyM
11-06-2007, 04:52 PM
My brother-in-law has possession of the pix. I think Elvis was about maybe 15 or 16 when it was taken. It's been about 8 years since I've seen it. Yeh that is the original house restored. See if I got the pix I could do a comparison!!! I agree he should let loose of it. He's not a big fan anyway. So why he hoards it, don't know.

Whho Hoo - I did it Tommy thanks for the help!

Tommy
11-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Good for you! (y)You're welcome MissyM, anytime(y)

elvis himselvis
11-06-2007, 09:59 PM
My brother-in-law has possession of the pix. I think Elvis was about maybe 15 or 16 when it was taken. It's been about 8 years since I've seen it. Yeh that is the original house restored. See if I got the pix I could do a comparison!!! I agree he should let loose of it. He's not a big fan anyway. So why he hoards it, don't know.

Whho Hoo - I did it Tommy thanks for the help!

So it's not a replica....?????

utmom2008
11-06-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't know how to put pix in the gallery so I thought I'd just link it here. I took this when visiting family in Tupelo. Some of Elvis's cousins still live right down the street from the home. Can you believe that. When I went to visit them, I didn't even know this!! Anyway, in case some of you have never seen it, here it is.

http://i16.tinypic.com/67n828w.jpg
Thanks for sharing Missy! I was there in 1972 and have pictures that we made of it then. I must say...it looks alot better than it did in 72 :D Nice landscaping!!!

utmom2008
11-06-2007, 10:09 PM
they need to come off that stuff! keeping it hidden is no way for the world to enjoy it....like you said - they can keep the original and let you make copies or something....
I agree !! Good gosh...these days you can take the picture itself to Wal-Mart and have copies made in different sizes. :D:D

presley31
11-06-2007, 11:14 PM
I agree !! Good gosh...these days you can take the picture itself to Wal-Mart and have copies made in different sizes. :D:D

I would like to see the pic myself

MissyM
11-07-2007, 12:51 AM
It is really cool. Elvis looks so cute! Not quite handsome yet. Not even famous. Maybe BIL is thinking it is just so special to him. Not sure he understand how the fans would love it. Maybe I can convince him. Then maybe he thinks it is worth money. I don't know. Never asked.