PDA

View Full Version : stuff ginger is selling

presley31
10-22-2007, 04:14 PM
posted by E cat at FECC

Tommy
10-22-2007, 04:34 PM
What a shame to sell these things, especially the necklaces.

ksimms2
10-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Jen, isn't this listing an old one? Like several years old? I'd like to see the link if you have it. Yes, "my love my life" and also the "ep" one is a shame to sell.....I'd love for him to have bought them for me!!

ksimms2
10-22-2007, 04:39 PM
oh, and why does ginger have a the money paper that was given to Joyce Bova in Vegas to gamble with? To Joyce with love Jon Burrows......how did Ginger get that? Very strange indeed.

presley31
10-22-2007, 04:45 PM
I can't post the link kelly, l'm not a member at collectors forum(FECC) 2005 was the date this came in to affect.

Rover
10-22-2007, 05:06 PM
What's wrong with Ginger...she needs money too?
I was wondering, is there a kind of Elvis museum, besides Graceland?

elvislady
10-22-2007, 05:12 PM
If they were mine i would have a special room in my house just for these, no way would i sell them to anyone no matter how hard up i was.
elvislady:'(

utmom2008
10-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Jen, isn't this listing an old one? Like several years old? I'd like to see the link if you have it. Yes, "my love my life" and also the "ep" one is a shame to sell.....I'd love for him to have bought them for me!!
I wish I had been the recipient also! I think I'd live in a homeless shelter before I could part with anything that Elvis gave me! I got a scarf in Vegas.....I sure wouldn't sell it either! LOL
www.youtube.com/utmom2008

Miss Clawdy
10-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Yes, it's a shame. His 'fiancee' must have had very good reasons to sell such personal gifts, otherwise I cannot understand it :blink:.

ksimms2
10-22-2007, 05:32 PM
I wish I had been the recipient also! I think I'd live in a homeless shelter before I could part with anything that Elvis gave me! I got a scarf in Vegas.....I sure wouldn't sell it either! LOL
www.youtube.com/utmom2008

man, you are so lucky! you have seen Elvis in person numerous of times, received a scarf and kisses too??? I think you said you got kisses? WOW!

DodgeGal
10-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Such a shame, wonder why? don't understand, money she needs? its a pity, are my feelings

Rover
10-22-2007, 06:03 PM

You got a scarf??? Wow you're so lucky...:P
In which year was that?

poormansgold
10-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Here We go again, why you guys get upset over whom is selling some stuff that is theirs to sell, some people it's time let the past go and another's it's money thing and for some they sell them to help another's whom need help.
I'm not get into a dumb heat about it, I'm on her side she is doing to point.
Tom

presley31
10-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Here We go again, why you guys get upset over whom is selling some stuff that is theirs to sell, some people it's time let the past go and another's it's money thing and for some they sell them to help another's whom need help.
Tom

Tom
This is what forums are here for to talk about everything and anything. You said the same thing about the MM thread. Not a big deal we here chatting about ginger's stuff, sorry you find something wrong with that:'(

ksimms2
10-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Tom

I don't think anyone is "upset" so to speak. We are dumbfounded that something so precious is being sold because we would do anything to have been given something from Elvis. Nobody is screaming mad or yelling, etc. Just basic conversation.

marijaep
10-22-2007, 08:08 PM
The jackets are cool :D
I wouldn't sell a thing!!!! :supriced:

Miss Clawdy
10-22-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't think anyone is "upset" so to speak. We are dumbfounded that something so precious is being sold because we would do anything to have been given something from Elvis. Nobody is screaming mad or yelling, etc. Just basic conversation.

You're absolutely right. I would understand if she needed money for a severe health problem but apart from this...? Does anyone know how much money she has got? And same goes for the love letter from Elvis Anita Wood is selling....:blink:

utmom2008
10-22-2007, 08:28 PM
man, you are so lucky! you have seen Elvis in person numerous of times, received a scarf and kisses too??? I think you said you got kisses? WOW!
Yes, I saw him 10 times. 7 times in concert, and the summers of 71, 72 and 73 in Vegas. In 72 and 73 I was there for opening night. Yes, I got a scarf and kisses!!! My father(God rest his soul) would always tip "Emilio" the maitre d so that we could sit front and center. Oh, my goodness...those were the days!!

utmom2008
10-22-2007, 08:34 PM
You got a scarf??? Wow you're so lucky...:P
In which year was that?
I got a kiss AND a scarf on opening night, August 6, 1973. He was wearing the "Aloha" jumpsuit, and I was lucky enough to be front and center! I would not take a million dollars for my Elvis memories..........:D

elvisspankme
10-22-2007, 08:51 PM
even if they were gonna throw me on the street i would still never give up a thing i recieved from Elvis it would be to presious.

utmom2008
10-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Tom
This is what forums are here for to talk about everything and anything. You said the same thing about the MM thread. Not a big deal we here chatting about ginger's stuff, sorry you find something wrong with that:'(
It seems like anything and everything that is stated on here tends to get people stirred up one way or another. We need to remember that everbody is entitled to their opinion, but, for the record, I think Ginger is NUTS to sell anything!!

ksimms2
10-22-2007, 09:07 PM
It seems like anything and everything that is stated on here tends to get people stirred up one way or another. We need to remember that everbody is entitled to their opinion, but, for the record, I think Ginger is NUTS to sell anything!!

very well said! (y)

Jumpsuit Junkie
10-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Whatever the need to sell these items, I for one am jealous of the person who can afford to purchase these items. :'(

ksimms2
10-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Whatever the need to sell these items, I for one am jealous of the person who can afford to purchase these items. :'(

I know exactly what you mean....if I could afford it - I'd buy everything I see of Elvis' off ebay! (and wherever else!) I've been collecting original photo's off ebay...photo's taken by fans, etc. and also some concert photo's. No copies if I can help it. But be careful, some download pics from the internet and print them and sell them on ebay. I've been burned couple times like that....it's like downloading the pics we have on the forum gallery and printing them and selling them....not cool!

Diane
10-22-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't understand this. I looked and couldn't find but I could have sworn that on some thread here that someone mentioned Ginger was married to a lawyer? and living in New York. That doesn't sound like she needs the money.

Diane

presley31
10-22-2007, 09:21 PM
I don't understand this. I looked and couldn't find but I could have sworn that on some thread here that someone mentioned Ginger was married to a lawyer? and living in New York. That doesn't sound like she needs the money.

Diane

l read that to diane. I heard to that her hubby isn't a elvis fan so maybe thats why she selling this stuff. She has a child too.

poormansgold
10-22-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm Sorry I stirred up, Things ok. I didn't mean too, there times we read things wrong way, if I did it's wasn't be bad way, now on I do my covers tread and another treads I will read things diff'net way ok.
Tom

utmom2008
10-22-2007, 09:37 PM
l read that to diane. I heard to that her hubby isn't a elvis fan so maybe thats why she selling this stuff. She has a child too.
Her hubby is not an Elvis fan???????? What a loser!!!!! He must be a Commie..LOL! How could she marry someone that didn't like Elvis?? I always suspected that she was beautiful to look at and probably empty between the ears. :D

Lisarose
10-23-2007, 12:04 AM

My thoughts, too. I would do most anything for that rainbow flamed jacket. Especially if it came with an 16x20 original photograph (because I have a frame for it). And ask my husband, I'm a packrat anyway, but no way could I get rid of any personal posession that Elvis gave me!

MissyM
10-23-2007, 12:53 AM
I wonder if it's money. What has she been doing all these years? Does she have a job.

ksimms2
10-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Her hubby is not an Elvis fan???????? What a loser!!!!! He must be a Commie..LOL! How could she marry someone that didn't like Elvis?? I always suspected that she was beautiful to look at and probably empty between the ears. :D

:lmfao: :notworthy :clap: you are so funny!! Good one!!

cprimm
10-23-2007, 02:10 AM
Here's the link for Lelands Auction. It gives a list of items sold, price and bids. This auction was in JUNE 2005:

http://www.lelands.com/gallery.aspx?auctionid=505

riley
10-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Ginger has done some modelling, but that's all I know.
Don't think she ever had a job

presley31
10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Still like to know how Ginger got all that stuff??? jacket and tops and etc

cprimm
10-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Still like to know how Ginger got all that stuff??? jacket and tops and etc

Read about the items on Lelands. Elvis gave those items to Ginger.

riley
10-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Ginger took them with her the day he died and the day she left

presley31
10-23-2007, 03:33 PM

l thought so riley, couldn't see elvis giving ginger all that stuff.

riley
10-23-2007, 04:00 PM
when you're with a girl you give her jewellry or clothes for herself but you don't go:

hey here is an old shirt of mine.... you may have it.

No way.

She took her bags and I'm pretty sure she took all she could, knowing she could sell it later for lots of dollars...

She may have been young but she was not naive at all;)
(quote Myrna Smith)

LORRIELOVESELVIS
10-23-2007, 04:53 PM
That's what its all about..This is truly sad!(n)

Wendy56
10-23-2007, 04:59 PM
That leather jacket roccckkkkkssssss! :irule:

utmom2008
10-23-2007, 10:49 PM
when you're with a girl you give her jewellry or clothes for herself but you don't go:

hey here is an old shirt of mine.... you may have it.

No way.

She took her bags and I'm pretty sure she took all she could, knowing she could sell it later for lots of dollars...

She may have been young but she was not naive at all;)
(quote Myrna Smith)
When did Myrna Smith say that?? Jeezzz, Ginger was a gold-digger. I can't imagine thinking of that at a time like that, maybe she did it when they pushed her aside and wouldn't let her ride in the ambulance.:angry:

franny
10-23-2007, 11:12 PM
I would treasure all of it, but I cannot judge why Ginger is selling them, maybe she needs the money...

She is the only person who has not written a book on Elvis...yet! :)

franny

elvisgal824
10-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Of course all of us would treasure anything that Elvis would have touched but she actually knew him. Those items probably have a lot of emotions associated with them. If she really didn't care about him she would have gotten rid of this stuff long ago. Sometimes people get rid of things to release the emotional baggage. I don't fault Ginger for this. She's one of the few people that doesn't get anything from her relationship with Elvis. I respect her.

Lion
10-24-2007, 03:27 PM
I got a kiss AND a scarf on opening night, August 6, 1973. He was wearing the "Aloha" jumpsuit, and I was lucky enough to be front and center! I would not take a million dollars for my Elvis memories..........:D

Lucky you!!

riley
10-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Myrna Smith said it in an interview I have on DVD

The way she said it, looking at her face and the expression in it said enough to me...

She didn't like Ginger one single bit.

Getlo
10-24-2007, 09:13 PM

Know this for a fact, do you?

Getlo
10-24-2007, 09:15 PM
when you're with a girl you give her jewellry or clothes for herself but you don't go:hey here is an old shirt of mine.... you may have it.

No, of course not.

Coz Elvis never gave away any of his clothes to anyone ... right?? :doh:

You're assuming Myrna's quote about Ginger not being naive means she must have been a thief, and that is grossly unfair.

Getlo
10-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Say, here's an off-the-wall thought ...

Maybe, just maybe, after 30 years, Ginger doesn't need or want the stuff at all and wants to see the stuff go to other fans who'd appreciate it?

Or, is that too rational an idea that she may possibly be a nice chick after all?

The stuff is hers to do with as she pleases. I hope she makes handfuls of money if indeed the sale details are true.

riley
10-24-2007, 09:28 PM
it is bit of a common knowledge you know, circling around.
You must know that people who were present at the time in the house, when Elvis just had died, sometimes begin to speak to relatives, to friends etc etc...

Not everyone who was present at the house, who witnesed Vernon totally devastated, who saw a total chaos, who saw certain people going upstairs and come back with bags, who saw that Vernon had not the presence of mind to react, etc etc wrote a book or is necessarily a big name...

But people talk and some irrelevant things become of a certain importance afterwards.

There were lots of people , also working people on the property who saw things going on and they talked about it like I said to others and that is the way certain stories saw the daylight.

Am I sure:
well I was not a witness there but when you think like that then you can begin to question "every story "and "every single aspect about his life"

Because we were never present ourselves and "everything" we know and discuss here, the good and the bad things of every single Presley member is based on books, interviews, stories by people, etc etc

Some things will be indeed rumours and untrue facts I reckon that too.
I heard the story of Ginger coming out of the house with bags , years ago, alreaddy and now only this week I suddenly saw she is still selling stuff. So I guess the story of her, taking away his personal things is not pure wild guessing either.

She was not that long with him, didn't even live at Graceland, only came now and then to the house. People saw her with bags loaded, I can only make the conclusion that the story I heard was probably a true one, that's all.

riley
10-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Getlo,

Myrna said Ginger was not naive...

I don't say that her quote means she was a thief.

Ginger was not a naive girl, let's say Ginger knew very well what to do in various situations.

Elvis gave away clothes, that is true, but mostly then to the men in his entourage.

A guy does not give away his clothes to a women IMO, or at least not that many.

She may have asked for a memento but that is one piece then not a half dressing room (so to speak)