PDA

View Full Version : Elvis, Priscilla & Lisa Home Movies

ksimms2
10-07-2007, 05:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bpk6JLofDw

I got this from one of my myspace friends.....Elvis is singing "White Christmas" and its just so wonderful to watch....actually....it made me cry...but I wanted you guys to see it too......happier times.

Shelly
10-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Wow Kelly that was beautiful. Thank you for posting it.

Diane
10-07-2007, 08:23 PM
That was a very beautiful video! I've seen all the photos of these events but never a video. What a beautiful family they were.

Thank you so much Kelly

Diane

KPM
10-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I wonder how many hours of home movies exist of Elvis with friends, family etc. I would think(and hope) they made some of his shows also.

MissyM
10-07-2007, 08:31 PM
I have mixed feelings on it.

ksimms2
10-07-2007, 08:31 PM
That was a very beautiful video! I've seen all the photos of these events but never a video. What a beautiful family they were.

Thank you so much Kelly

Diane

You are all welcome...I thank my "myspace" friend for posting it - "This Is Elvis" is their "name"........

I'm sure there are so many home movies - but I think Priscilla has them all from what I understand.....would love to see something put together with them. I know she used some in "Elvis by the Presley's".

franny
10-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Lovely video of happier family times! (y)
Thanks, for sharing Kelly!

franny

riley
10-08-2007, 11:54 AM
we the fans only saw a tiny fraction of what there must be from homemovies.

I understand she does not want to share everything but a little bit more would be so welcome.

If you consider all the home movie footage we have been allowed to see over these 30 years...

I don't think we even come to full 10 minutes.

This is Elvis, EBTP, graceland video hosted by Priscilla, and some other tribute dvd's or video's always come up with "the same" footage.

I'm also amazed that so little pics exist of Elvis and Lisa, just the two of them.

There must be so many more. I know Pris was someone who filmed and took pics practically the whole time.

MissyM
10-08-2007, 01:00 PM
The fans do hunger for more. She will probably release them slowly. This is what is happening. Keep the fans hungry for more, more more. Some she isn't ready to release. Give me a break-LOL Business as usual.

moodyblue40
10-08-2007, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bpk6JLofDw

I got this from one of my myspace friends.....Elvis is singing "White Christmas" and its just so wonderful to watch....actually....it made me cry...but I wanted you guys to see it too......happier times.

lovely, nice to watch, thanks.

presley31
10-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks kelly. l did enjoy that very much. Maybe Lisa and priscilla don't want to give out to much of there personal pictures of them. I really don't blame them either. Its not like we don't have enough of them.

riley
10-08-2007, 05:21 PM
what we have is in fact very little IMO
Come on after so many years, what do we have?
Christmas, only the first one of Lisa
Hawaii: some beach footage, some footage of little Lisa at Coco Palms hotel
Lisa with her mother on the boat in the Bahammas, some seconds on the boat of the couple too

some small footage of Elvis and Pris on the circle G ranch

Lisa with her mother readdy for her bath and Pris near the pool holding baby Lisa
Pris with Lisa on the horse waving at the camera

Pris on the stairs of Graceland

Lisa's first steps and Lisa's birthday party when she still is in the diapers

very small frictions of the wedding party (the black and white clip we see is a news clip)
Pris and Elvis leaving for their honeymoon and some small footage of the night before wedding
and Lisa arriving home at Graceland after her birth...

Come on that is not a full 10 minutes we have, after so many many years...

I was a bit dissapointed and had hoiped EBTP would contain more home movies

Maybe she still is not readdy to give them out in public but she herself said in EBTP she hadn't seen those home movies "for years" so it is not that she sees them the whole time either...

After 30 long years, you could expect a little bit more then 10 minutes of home movies or am I asking really too much:P

ksimms2
10-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Lisa with her mother on the boat in the Bahammas, some seconds on the boat of the couple too

Lisa with her mother readdy for her bath and Pris near the pool holding baby Lisa

very small frictions of the wedding party (the black and white clip we see is a news clip)

Maybe she still is not readdy to give them out in public but she herself said in EBTP she hadn't seen those home movies "for years" so it is not that she sees them the whole time either...

After 30 long years, you could expect a little bit more then 10 minutes of home movies or am I asking really too much:P

No Riley, I don't think you are asking too much.....

presley31
10-08-2007, 05:26 PM

Not saying enough is enough, but l would like to keep things to myself like yous and everyone else.

riley
10-08-2007, 05:52 PM
I agree Jen, but Elvis and Pris lived together for 10 years, and all the fans are allowed to see is give or take 10 minutes:doh::doh:

That is really really very little you know.

THat is 1 minute for every year:lmfao:

presley31
10-08-2007, 05:57 PM
I agree Jen, but Elvis and Pris lived together for 10 years, and all the fans are allowed to see is give or take 10 minutes:doh::doh:

l see where you coming from but l really don't think we will ever see all the stuff.

ksimms2
10-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Since this is about Elvis, Lisa & Pris - I have a question: I know Lisa was only 11 when her grandfather (Vernon) died.....but I have never seen or heard her refer to him at all - and certainly no loving words. Have you guys? It's like the Presley side has no meaning to Lisa except maybe her Aunt Patsy. I find that very sad.

presley31
10-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Since this is about Elvis, Lisa & Pris - I have a question: I know Lisa was only 11 when her grandfather (Vernon) died.....but I have never seen or heard her refer to him at all - and certainly no loving words. Have you guys? It's like the Presley side has no meaning to Lisa except maybe her Aunt Patsy. I find that very sad.

I did read something about that inside graceland, but your right l never heard anything.

Diane
10-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Come to think of it, Lisa never mentions her family on her mother's side either even though they get together every year for Christmas at Graceland. Maybe she is just not one to talk about her family....if so, I respect her a lot for that.

I will have to read Inside Graceland again Jen, that one I haven't packed yet, I think lol.

Diane

presley31
10-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Come to think of it, Lisa never mentions her family on her mother's side either even though they get together every year for Christmas at Graceland. Maybe she is just not one to talk about her family....if so, I respect her a lot for that.

Diane

I agree diane. l find Lisa is alot like elvis in being very private about things.

franny
10-08-2007, 10:04 PM

Yes, you're right, riley! (y) There isn't much family footage, when you think of it! I hope Lisa will share some more footage, if possible!

franny

KPM
10-08-2007, 10:10 PM
I like seeing the home movies when clips are allowed out-but if Lisa doesn't want to release anymore than she has, its kind of understandable. She is the owner of them-emotional as well as legal, so she can do what she wants and it doesn't bother me.

Diane
10-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Same here, I like to be able to see them but they are personal family films so if they choose not to share them all, I can certainly understand why.

Diane

franny
10-08-2007, 10:56 PM
I agree, Diane!

I'm just saying it would be nice to see some more footage, than what we've seen, which isn't much...:lol:...It is Lisa's personal choice, what she wants to share and I respect that...:)

franny

ksimms2
10-09-2007, 12:04 AM
okay, I'll be the bad guy - the heck with what Lisa wants - I want to see more home movies! if it were up to her - we'd never see anything because she really doesnt like her dad's fans - she's even stated this.....I guess except at the anniversary of his death. (okay, I'm only half serious here - I do care about what she thinks but I do think if it were up to her - she wouldn't release anything)

Diane
10-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Lol Kelly, I think you're right, if it were just up to Lisa, we probably wouldn't see anything at all....she's fiercely protective about anything that has to do with her dad.

Diane

ksimms2
10-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Lol Kelly, I think you're right, if it were just up to Lisa, we probably wouldn't see anything at all....she's fiercely protective about anything that has to do with her dad.

Diane

and you know, I can understand that.....but we are also fiercly protective of him too and we love him so much that we crave anything Elvis - especially "real" stuff like his home movies and those cute candid photo's taken in everyday life.....if Lisa would only realize this - she would feel our love for her too - if she were receptive to it.....instead of making us the enemy......does that make any sense? If she would embrace her dad's fans instead of shunning them - she would feel all the love we have for him and I think it would make her feel warm and wonderful - I know it would me if I were in her shoes.

Diane
10-09-2007, 12:42 AM
I think it's possible that Lisa had some bad experiences with some fans or I've read that Priscilla was jealous of them so maybe that has something to do with it. I do know if I were in her place and some fan made me feel that they owned my dad more than I did, I'd be right in her shoes.

It's also possible that when growing up, she was jealous that her dad cared so much for his fans and felt they took his time away from her....we'll probably never know what set that off.

Diane

ksimms2
10-09-2007, 12:46 AM
I think it's possible that Lisa had some bad experiences with some fans or I've read that Priscilla was jealous of them so maybe that has something to do with it. I do know if I were in her place and some fan made me feel that they owned my dad more than I did, I'd be right in her shoes.

It's also possible that when growing up, she was jealous that her dad cared so much for his fans and felt they took his time away from her....we'll probably never know what set that off.

Diane

Diane, you are letting the air out of my theory here! Why must you be so darn reasonable??? lol..... you make very good points.

Diane
10-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Sorry Kelly :D, I really didn't mean too. My husband says I'm blessed with common sense...maybe it's cursed.:blink:

Diane

ksimms2
10-09-2007, 01:42 AM
Sorry Kelly :D, I really didn't mean too. My husband says I'm blessed with common sense...maybe it's cursed.:blink:

Diane

my husband refers to my common sense being a "witch" with a "B"......lol. That's only because he's usually wrong. :lol:

ricardo b. prospero
10-09-2007, 02:42 AM
A touching video clip when things seems look nice and normal. Those were the days when Elvis believe he had a family but unfortunately did not last that long. Thanks for sharing although I have very little interest with Priscilla and Liza Marie.

presley31
10-09-2007, 02:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra4sV9gFJbI&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEpocXcBmMY&mode=related&search=

Two more l found

utmom2008
10-22-2007, 11:51 PM
I have thought the same thing. Why no mention of her grandfather? Remember when Oprah and Gayle King had dinner with her at Graceland? There was mention of family, but nothing about Vernon. I don't understand that.....:doh:

www.youtube.com/utmom2008

ksimms2
10-23-2007, 01:04 AM
I have thought the same thing. Why no mention of her grandfather? Remember when Oprah and Gayle King had dinner with her at Graceland? There was mention of family, but nothing about Vernon. I don't understand that.....:doh:

www.youtube.com/utmom2008

I didn't get to see that episode of Oprah, and I'm mad! I always record Oprah, but stopped for a while and this is what happens! Darn! Wonder if it's on youtube? I'll go look.

MissyM
10-23-2007, 01:10 AM
Lisa wasn't that close to Vernon. Lisa may have been born of Elvis but she is as far from being like him as a child could be. She may have been born in TN, but she was raised in L.A. (Therefore that was her biggest influence) Does anyone actually think Pricilla stayed close to Vernon after the divorce. Hardly. But she was there when he died. You all can connect the dots. Lisa was disconnected with Vernon and Elvis's side of the family. Elvis by the Presley's!! What a joke.

Merry
10-23-2007, 05:49 AM
Lisa wasn't that close to Vernon. Lisa may have been born of Elvis but she is as far from being like him as a child could be. She may have been born in TN, but she was raised in L.A. (Therefore that was her biggest influence) Does anyone actually think Pricilla stayed close to Vernon after the divorce. Hardly. But she was there when he died. You all can connect the dots. Lisa was disconnected with Vernon and Elvis's side of the family. Elvis by the Presley's!! What a joke.

With all due respect Missy, (I agree re "Elvis by the Presley's")Grandfathers + their granddaughters, usually, have a very special relationship. Lots of cuddles. Just because Lisa lived with Cilla, doesn't mean she didn't love her grandfather, and I know for a fact, that he loved and treasured her. Who wouldn't adore a blonde little button, as she was? (Although, lol, she did describe herself as a bit of a 'wild one' {I can't remember her exact words} lol). I find that heartwarming, that Lisa is so very down to earth.

:hug:
Kimmi

riley
10-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Lisa still visited her dad, while living in LA with her mom so she must have still been connected in some ways to her granddaddy also.
BUT

I'm sure the day Pris left Elvis, Lisa became more and more estranged from her family in Tennessee, only visiting there once in a while etc etc

After Elvis his death, I think the family and Pris didn't get along very well either anymore.

Altough there are pics of Lisa visitingstill the family and Vernon in hospital with Pris near his bed.
It is a loving pic, Vernon smiling at her and Pris obviously in a great mood also.

Would love to hear the story behind that picture.
Was that short before Vernon died, when was the pic taken etc etc...

I know Lisa and Pris were both on his funeral too but what about the funeral of Minnie Mae, did they still bother to come or didn't they come at all.

I think Pris pulled Lisa too much towards the Beaulieu site.
I wonder how much Lisa still remembers from her dad and his part of the family.
She says she knows still everything but that is strange because most of us only remember fractions from our childhood years...

I think Pris told her a lot she was supposed to still remember but was it the whole truth or Pris her truth.

I often wonder.

If I were Lisa I would indeed love to hear the side of the whole story , this time not by the Beaulieu's but by The Smith's and The Presley's....

Missy , you will perhaps be able to tell us:

She seems to have good contact with Patsy.
How comes Patsy still is a good friend of Pris and Lisa and all the others are a bit treated like they "are not good enough"???

How did Patsy stayed friends with Pris after the divorce and after Elvis his death without upsetting perhaps other family members?????

Because I do believe Pris was not that loved at all anymore by the Presley and Smith side of the family.

And how was Vernon's reaction towards Pris when she left. Did he understand, did they stay on friendly base. I heard Dodger still cared a lot about Pris and even ask her to stop by and phone her once in a while.

LOts of intresting and also contradicting stories are circling.

Perhaps, Missy (being a relative) you can give us a hint of truth here.

presley31
10-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Maybe Lisa doesn't want to be around her family in TN. She seems be happy with just pasty and thats about it. Aunt Delta didn't really treat lisa very kind, but than again maybe there more to the story than we really know about. IMO l don't see my dads side of the family, just my mom's side l'am close too.

riley
10-23-2007, 03:31 PM
yes but why only Patsy...
That is something I would like to know...

Diane
10-23-2007, 04:40 PM
I think it will be interesting to see what Lisa does after her Beaulieu grandparents and mother are gone. I firmly believe she's been muzzled and a good part of why she's so angry.

Why only Patsy Riley? That is a question I would like to have answered too.

Diane

MissyM
10-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Patsy worked for Graceland for years. Therefore she stayed close to them. I don't know if Lisa attended any funeral other than Vernon's. But since she was young, that would have been up to Cilla to take her. Basically if you let Pricilla run the show and respected her the way "she" thought you should, then you were considered "family". Lisa goes along with mom.

presley31
10-23-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't really think priscilla holding lisa back. Lisa has her own mouth and she sure knows how to use it. Lisa is living on her own and still no contact with anybody. so it seems to be thats lisa's choice.

MissyM
10-23-2007, 04:51 PM
What I am saying is that they grew apart a long time ago. -Pricilla's doing(many family members) I'm thinking there is no good reason to try and be family now.

presley31
10-23-2007, 05:04 PM
What I am saying is that they grew apart a long time ago. -Pricilla's doing(many family members) I'm thinking there is no good reason to try and be family now.

maybe your right, but l don't think it was priscilla since lisa still visited graceland after elvis death till vernon passed, so l think lisa was old enough to say something.

Suzan
10-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Here are some more and lots more to come.:D

http://www.elvis-presleys-kingdom.com/Multimedia.html

MissyM
10-23-2007, 05:38 PM
I think I understand P-31. But Lisa was still young when Vernon died. I suppose though that she could have always contacted family as an adult. And yes, even if Mom didn't like the idea, it was her choice to tell her to MYOB.

MissyM
10-23-2007, 05:39 PM
That's your site Susan? So you are a fan of Pricilla and Lisa's??

Suzan
10-23-2007, 05:46 PM
That's your site Susan? So you are a fan of Pricilla and Lisa's??

That is my site yes, it's about Elvis and everything and everyone connected with him. Been online since 1999. I am a huge fan of Lisa's, hung w/her @ a party, etc...have mixed feelings on Pris...used to be a HUGE HUGE fan but when I started hearing things from those close to Elvis and her and those in her vicinity after the divorce well don't like her like I used to. If you look at my posts you'll see that I am a fan of the Presley's, I think we all are to a degree otherwise we wouldn't be here.:) If you've seen my posts you would see I am a huge fan of Lisa but am first and foremost a fan of Elvis.:)
Priscilla is a different matter, she is either liked or disliked.

MissyM
10-23-2007, 06:03 PM
You did a nice job on the site. Very nice.

Suzan
10-23-2007, 06:06 PM
You did a nice job on the site. Very nice.

Thank you very much, sweet of you to say.:) I change the look/layout every couple mos. or so.:) This is the longest the gallery has been down but some galleries are open...:D Planning on adding more movies in next few days, providing these fires don't force us to evacuate.:)

riley
10-23-2007, 06:29 PM
MissyM

Basically if you let Pricilla run the show and respected her the way "she" thought you should, then you were considered "family". Lisa goes along with mom.

end quote

How did she want to be treated then, I'm curious...

MissyM
10-23-2007, 06:30 PM
It's such a terrible thing those fires. Be safe!

MissyM
10-23-2007, 06:34 PM
She wanted to be allowed to do whatever she saw fit. Bottom line. It was her baby once Vernon died. If you read enough you can see it for yourself. It's pure logic. Read what happens to people who buck her. Read how she needs total control. Through the years most everyone has learned their lessons.

presley31
10-23-2007, 06:37 PM
She wanted to be allowed to do whatever she saw fit. Bottom line. It was her baby once Vernon died. If you read enough you can see it for yourself. It's pure logic. Read what happens to people who buck her. Read how she needs total control. Through the years most everyone has learned their lessons.

after vernon died Lisa still went to graceland, so l really can't see where this controlling is coming from:hmm: Lisa always did what she wanted regrades of what her mother had to say about things. It was up to lisa to see her family but she didn't so that tells you how she felt.

MissyM
10-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Lisa still went to Graceland after Vernon died???

Suzan
10-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks, they are scary.

Well she got rid of Billy Smith...said it wouldn't "look good" to the fans.
Pris own comments on EPE and some of Elvis' family.

Suzan
10-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Yes Lisa still went to Graceland after Vernon died, she had a great grandmother there, Aunt Delta and Elvis' cousin Patsy. She still continues to visit Graceland.
Pris goes sporadically, though more often in recent years.

presley31
10-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Do you think Lisa never wanted to see billy cause of the book??

riley
10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Lisa didn't see Billy anymore before the book alreaddy...

I understand MissyM, let's say Pris was taking control and everything should be done the way she wanted it.
She was the boss, and everybody had to consider that, right??

It is strange tough, how things ended up.
Pris being his ex wife controling "every aspect" n being the big boss.

She sure is Lisa's mom but I do wonder just suppose Elvis would have married Linda or another women and suppose they did not have had any children , who would have been the big boss then??

Was there ever "a wish" of him to let Priscilla taking control of anything.

He must have known she would fight for Lisa and her inheritance I suppose, he must have trusted her with that.

It was like she knew alreaddy because the day she went to Graceland in the Lisa Marie (the day he died) she is supposed to have said
"it is all mine now"...

or is that another rumour that does not make any sense.

I sometimes wonder what is true, what is not regarding her.

Some say she was a nice, caring person, who loved him very much

some say she was a real ********************, not really loving him, cold and hard etc etc...

So many contradictions..

We know so much things about Elvis but Priscilla "stays" an enigma.

I wonder if we will ever know the truth about her, the real truth not the fairytale all over.

Some in the Elvisentourage seem to like her a lot and some just dislike her so much...

Strange after so many years, noone seems to know the real truth about Priscilla.

Never were there so many contradicting stories about someone as they are about Pris.

And why is Jerry Schilling her only male friend from the days she still was with Elvis.
Joe was once also at her side but I think it changed also.

And what about all the wives of the MM guys, is there anyone still in contact with her.

I know Pris is the godmother of Red his son but the kid hardly ever knew her or heard from her.

Why does it seems to me she dislikes everyone from her past.

presley31
10-23-2007, 07:22 PM
she must of been something for elvis, if she was a heartless person elvis wouldn't of been with her from the start. The MM liked her at first but as soon as elvis died they seem to bash her every change they get.I don't think we are ever going to know facts about priscilla IMO.

riley
10-23-2007, 07:31 PM
truth always prevails I think.

KPM
10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
IMO I think Lisa is much more outspoken than Elvis. She is not trying to live up to an image-like the Parker crafted image her father carried. She may rub many wrong with her words and actions but I tend to believe -right or wrong-she speaks her mind and heart. I also think since she lived a pretty gypsy type life growing up-she may have not made close family relationships on either side.

Suzan
10-23-2007, 08:00 PM
The thing w/Billy happened long before the book.
It was not Elvis' choice to have Pris in control of anything...I think the only reason Vernon picked her was because of Lisa and he had really nobody else to choose from. Also by many accts. Pris knew what she was doing w/Vernon so that he would leave her in charge.

I love Lisa, I think she is honest and says what she feels, I agree w/what KPM said.:)

Suzan
10-23-2007, 08:01 PM
They bash her because her story is never the same and her actions have caused their reactions and they didn't like her (some of them) while she was w/Elvis, we just didn't hear any of it until after his and Vernon's death.

riley
10-23-2007, 08:11 PM
that makes sense Suzan. As long as he lived, he was in charge and there was no need to spill the beans about her.
Once she was in charge , they became bitter, realised it was not at all Elvis they were coming too, but a new boss, one that was less understanding and harder and colder to deal with.
I know exactly how it must have been then at that time. I once heard she was referred to as the Queenbee"

Suzan, you said she smoothtalked her way into Vernon.
Can you explain how she did convince him, because afterall did he still trust her??
So many things happened between his son and her...

But perhaps he really had no choice , like you said, there was noone who could handle it but Pris. He knw she was going to fight like a lioness for Lisa and I think we should credit her for that.

She did a good job, even outnumbered Colonel Parker too.

I still think she is a good businesswomen

Suzan
10-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Hi Riley.:)

She didn't so much smooth talk him, I heard that she just did little things to make him think she was the best one to leave things to. I heard that one of the reasons she took Lisa back for visits w/him so often was one of her ploys because after his death, Lisa was sent to Memphis alone, SELDOM SELDOM SELDOM did Pris go along.
I think w/some of the guys the hard feelings were there long before he married her, for whatever reason and it just escalated after his death.
I don't think she's that great a business person, I really don't, I think she knew who to hire and whom to listen to, but if you look at stuff she's done w/o Elvis' name attached they've all tanked. I think any one of us could be considered a great business person if we had Elvis attached to us, he sells himself.:)
I don't think it was matter of trust w/Vernon, I think it was a matter of lack of choice.
If Elvis had wanted to have Pris anywhere near his estate he would not have removed her from his will.
I've also heard that she fought not for Lisa but for herself...she tried to get the will thrown out so that it would revert back to the original leaving everything to her and some who were w/her on the flight back to Memphis for his funeral have said that at the time she thought she'd gotten all of it she was unaware of the changing of the will and everything going to Lisa...but again it is she said he said, but I do think there is some truth in it. For someone who has claimed for decades to want to be out of the shadow she sure is doing a lot to be associated w/him again.

presley31
10-23-2007, 08:44 PM
I suppose we have to make up our minds about this stuff till we see some kind of proof that priscilla tryed to get lisa out of the will. I don't really believe that but hey you never know. It seems to me that everything l read latey is gossip or rumors, so what do you believe?? If lisa came out with a book and told her side of the story then maybe we can understand her side.

KPM
10-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi Riley.:)

She didn't so much smooth talk him, I heard that she just did little things to make him think she was the best one to leave things to. I heard that one of the reasons she took Lisa back for visits w/him so often was one of her ploys because after his death, Lisa was sent to Memphis alone, SELDOM SELDOM SELDOM did Pris go along.
I think w/some of the guys the hard feelings were there long before he married her, for whatever reason and it just escalated after his death.
I don't think she's that great a business person, I really don't, I think she knew who to hire and whom to listen to, but if you look at stuff she's done w/o Elvis' name attached they've all tanked. I think any one of us could be considered a great business person if we had Elvis attached to us, he sells himself.:)
I don't think it was matter of trust w/Vernon, I think it was a matter of lack of choice.
If Elvis had wanted to have Pris anywhere near his estate he would not have removed her from his will.
I've also heard that she fought not for Lisa but for herself...she tried to get the will thrown out so that it would revert back to the original leaving everything to her and some who were w/her on the flight back to Memphis for his funeral have said that at the time she thought she'd gotten all of it she was unaware of the changing of the will and everything going to Lisa...but again it is she said he said, but I do think there is some truth in it. For someone who has claimed for decades to want to be out of the shadow she sure is doing a lot to be associated w/him again.
Never heard that, I have heard there were some questions as to why the dates on the will near Elvis's signature was typed as 1976 but hand changed in pen to 1977. But it was never a real problem. Never anywhere heard of another will or what might have been in it-but surely there was one.

Suzan
10-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Yes there was a prior will and it was changed in March of 1977 to exclude Pris and leave everything to Lisa.
The story about Pris wanting the will contested came from Joe Esposito's then girlfriend, Pris tried to get Joe to contest or something like that...and Joe was going to do but his girlfriend (who was also friends w/Elvis) told Joe he was crazy if he did because then it would bump Lisa from the will and revert back to the one prior to March of '77 where everything was to go to Pris.

KPM I think your referring to something else entirely different? Supposedly by some accts. the will that was in place (the one where Lisa inherited everything) from March of '77 (witnessed by Ginger Alden) was altered, some say Vernon altered it to exclude some things out.

I love Lisa and I don't think Lisa would ever say anything either way about either parent, irregardless of her rough times w/her mom. I think she had those rough times due to more then just teenage rebellion. :(

I just don't buy it that Pris is the ONLY one telling the truth and everyone else is lying, life is not that way...shoot she's changed her story so often I don't believe any accts. from her anymore.:(

presley31
10-23-2007, 09:22 PM
we all know priscilla had told many stories but so had joe on many acconts. Who knows if his girlfriend was telling the turth either. This is what l mean about the gossip and rumors. its all here say and nothing is proof.

Suzan
10-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Not disagreeing but Presley31, why do u assume (judging by your posts) that Pris is only one telling the truth? Why not ? her as you ? other's, like Joe, for example? And his girlfriend had no reason to lie, there was NOTHING in it for her either way.
I don't believe everything they say, nor do I believe Pris is telling the truth in everything she says, and her stories, more then anyone else's have changed, quite drastically thru the years. As for Joe could you please provide an example? I've not come across this w/him.

presley31
10-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Not disagreeing but Presley31, why do u assume (judging by your posts) that Pris is only one telling the truth? Why not ? her as you ? other's, like Joe, for example? And his girlfriend had no reason to lie, there was NOTHING in it for her either way.
I don't believe everything they say, nor do I believe Pris is telling the truth in everything she says, and her stories, more then anyone else's have changed, quite drastically thru the years. As for Joe could you please provide an example? I've not come across this w/him.

Not saying priscilla is lying or telling the turth, but there lots of people out there that make up stories about people. In edwards book Joe was with priscilla at a party so that doesn't seem like they were on bad terms.l just take somethings with a grain of salt till l get the turth. Joe has known to be a story teller too. Just like he said he gave elvis CPR and than changed his story.

what does wanda hill get for telling her stories??

ksimms2
10-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Never heard that, I have heard there were some questions as to why the dates on the will near Elvis's signature was typed as 1976 but hand changed in pen to 1977. But it was never a real problem. Never anywhere heard of another will or what might have been in it-but surely there was one.

There was supposedly another will that Elvis did leaving Billy and his family something since Billy pretty much dedicated his life to serving Elvis. But when the actual will was read, it wasn't that one. If you read "Revelations From The Memphis Mafia" he says so in there.

presley31
10-23-2007, 09:46 PM
where is this other will that Billy was talking about?? Why did elvis write up another one??

cameron
10-23-2007, 10:25 PM
www.elvisinfonet.com/interview_billysmith_part2.html - 203k -
Interview with Billy Miller

KPM
10-23-2007, 10:28 PM
There was supposedly another will that Elvis did leaving Billy and his family something since Billy pretty much dedicated his life to serving Elvis. But when the actual will was read, it wasn't that one. If you read "Revelations From The Memphis Mafia" he says so in there.
You know I debated this with someone maybe it was here long ago. He had talked to Billy supposedly and he said Billy told him an aunt (can't recall the name) claimed that there was a section or pages in the will that were removed. I pointed out the original will would have been with the lawyer and Elvis would naturally have a copy. The lawyer would file the will with the courts for probate when Elvis died. I have a copy of this will and each section runs in sequence into the next.(just as all wills do) The pages are individually numbered and there are no breaks in the sequencing nor the pages. To remove pages to keep someone from inheriting anything would be nearly impossible unless the lawyer was in on it and the probate judge was also. This will would was also under pretty intense scrutiny compared to the average person because it was Elvis. The first thing that has to be done is to verify that the will in probate is a "lawful and legitmate last will in testament" the probate court found it was.
Billy, the aunt, and anyone else could have challenged the will and said -we have reason to believe it is a forgery, or has been altered to cheat us out of inheritance. No one did.
I told this person if Billy or anyone had proof of fraud they should have come forward. If they had proof why didn't they come forward and fight? IMO if they did have real proof beyond hearsay that would have been the way to proceed.

Suzan
10-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Joe never changed his mind about giving Elvis' cpr, that I know of.
Joe and Pris were never on the outs so I'm not quite understanding your comment?
Who's Wanda Hill?
The "other" will was never found, it's just a rumor now, but several people have sworn they saw it right after Elvis died, that it was in one of the cabinets in the dining room but later altered to disposed of, leaving the will that is in place now...or was, leaving everything to Lisa, this will was made in March of 1977 (I think from what I've heard that this will had more pages but was "altered")

presley31
10-23-2007, 10:31 PM
You know I debated this with someone maybe it was here long ago. He had talked to Billy supposedly and he said Billy told him an aunt (can't recall the name) claimed that there was a section or pages in the will that were removed. I pointed out the original will would have been with the lawyer and Elvis would naturally have a copy. The lawyer would file the will with the courts for probate when Elvis died. I have a copy of this will and each section runs in sequence into the next.(just as all wills do) The pages are individually numbered and there are no breaks in the sequencing nor the pages. To remove pages to keep someone from inheriting anything would be nearly impossible unless the lawyer was in on it and the probate judge was also. This will would was also under pretty intense scrutiny compared to the average person because it was Elvis. The first thing that has to be done is to verify that the will in probate is a "lawful and legitmate last will in testament" the probate court found it was.
Billy, the aunt, and anyone else could have challenged the will and said -we have reason to believe it is a forgery, or has been altered to cheat us out of inheritance. No one did.
I told this person if Billy or anyone had proof of fraud they should have come forward. If they had proof why didn't they come forward and fight? IMO if they did have real proof beyond hearsay that would have been the way to proceed.

agree KPM, (y)(y)

Suzan
10-23-2007, 10:37 PM
A probate judge nor an atty. would have seen this document at the time. It was submitted to them after his death and after (allegedly) it was altered, or pages removed, by Vernon Presley.

cameron
10-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Ginger Alden, Charles F. Hodge, and Ann Dewey Smith, after being first
duly sworn, make oath or affirm that the foregoing Last Will and
Testament, in the sight and presence of us, the undersigned, who at his
request and in his sight and presence, and in the sight and presence of
each other, have subscribed our names as attesting witnesses on the 3
day of March, 1977, and we further make oath or affirm that the Testator
was of sound mind and disposing memory and not acting under fraud,
menace or undue influence of any person, and was more than eighteen (18)
years of age; and that each of the attesting witnesses is more than
eighteen (18) years of age.

[/s/ Ginger Alden]
[/s/ Charles F. Hodge]
[/s/ Ann Dewey Smith]

Sworn To And Subscribed before me this 3 day of March, 1977.
Drayton Beecker Smith II Notary Public
My commission expires: August 8, 1979

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beecher was also Elvis' attorney

KPM
10-23-2007, 11:24 PM
A probate judge nor an atty. would have seen this document at the time. It was submitted to them after his death and after (allegedly) it was altered, or pages removed, by Vernon Presley.
The will would have to be submitted for probate by Elvis's atty the one who drew up the will. A will can not be submitted to a probate judge and court until that person dies. When my father in law died the will was submitted by his attorney to the probate court about 1 month after he died. The attorney had a copy and so did my father in law.
There is no way pages could be removed without altering the sequenced sections and the page numbers. In order to remove pages the whole will would have to be rewritten to resequence and renumber it. Then that will would have to match the copy the lawyer had. If you went, for instance, from section 1 to section 3 with section 2 missing it would never be accepted by a probate judge or if all the sections were there but page 7, 8, and 9 were missing it would not be accepted. As I have said earlier a lot of people would have had to be in on it under the scrutiny of the press, the government and the interested parties. No one challenged the will-if they had reason to they should have.

Suzan
10-23-2007, 11:48 PM
I know that, I'm just saying what was being said, and the atty or in this case also notary was B. Smith, Presley atty. for quite awhile.
What some close to Elvis were saying was that the will was altered. That they saw quite a different will.

KPM
10-24-2007, 12:02 AM
I know that, I'm just saying what was being said, and the atty or in this case also notary was B. Smith, Presley atty. for quite awhile.
What some close to Elvis were saying was that the will was altered. That they saw quite a different will.
I have read a couple of claims about the will also.
But it seems pretty farfetched
(not impossible) but farfetched for sure. There was a provision in the will to help "extended relatives in times of need" to be considered by the executor of the will. But to totally rewrite the will when the attorney had an exact copy (which he drew up) and have the world watching seems pretty farfetched. I just wish they had challenged it back in 77 if they had any proof instead of the claims later after its over.;)

presley31
10-24-2007, 12:05 AM
(not impossible) but farfetched for sure. There was a provision in the will to help "extended relatives in times of need" to be considered by the executor of the will. But to totally rewrite the will when the attorney had an exact copy (which he drew up) and have the world watching seems pretty farfetched. I just wish they had challenged it back in 77 if they had any proof instead of the claims later after its over.;)

good points KPM(y) Makes you wonder why they didn't do anything about it:hmm:

Suzan
10-24-2007, 06:44 AM

I know, lol, I'm not disagreeing w/u I'm just saying what's been claimed. And one of them, I think it was Billy Smith, but not sure, anyway, one of them said that they didn't dispute it because they couldn't locate the original paper's so even back then it was heresay, supposedly Vernon got rid of a lot of things and I think, and we may need to re-check, but Beecher may have been in on it....but again who knows...nobody knows or will ever know for sure...all I can say is that if Elvis did intend his will a certain way and those wishes weren't followed then shame on whomever didn't do so, just like, as good as it's done, I don't think Pris should have been put in charge of the estate, because again, going against Elvis' wishes....though who else there was to oversee I don't know as he left 2 elderly and in poor health people in charge...I wonder if he intended after the passing of Dodger and Vernon for Lisa's interestes to be handled by outside sources, like the trust and atty's, etc.?????

cameron
10-24-2007, 08:10 AM
www.elvis.com.au/presley/epe_the_estate_of_elvis_presley.shtml - 53k -

Vernon Presley's will brought about the appointment of three co-executors/co-trustees to succeed him. They were: the National Bank of Commerce in Memphis, which was the bank Elvis and Vernon had done business with; Joseph Hanks, who had been Elvis and Vernon's accountant for a number of years; and Priscilla Beaulieu Presley, who had divorced Elvis in 1973, but had continued a close friendship with him and was Lisa's legal guardian. Joseph Hanks retired from his post in 1990.Upon Lisa Presley's twenty-fifth birthday in 1993, the trust automatically dissolved and Lisa chose to form a new trust, The Elvis Presley Trust, to continue the successful management of the estate, with Priscilla Presley and the National Bank of Commerce continuing to serve as co-trustees. In 1998, as Lisa Marie Presley's role in the management grew, Priscilla Presley chose to redirect her efforts by moving to an advisory position, continuing her close involvement and support while focusing more time on her own ever-expanding individual pursuits as a successful actress and businessperson

riley
10-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Suzan,

you know Lisa personally, therefor I have a question.

Do you think she is aware of all the things discussed about her mother.
If it is true, is she aware of the fact that her mother wanted to be the first in line to inherit everything.

To me Lisa seems to be a smart women with definately a will of her own.
I know she and Pris were not best friends but she forgave her "a lot" it seems to me.

Nice of her ;) but IF everything is true that I have heard and read about Priscilla in the past, then eitherway Lisa is an angel to be even on speaking terms with her mother:lol:

OR

Lots of the rumours about her mother, is what they are rumours:hmm:

If we, the fans know alreaddy so many nasty things about Pris, then surely Lisa Marie must know all these things too.

She is not blind, nor deaf...:hmm:

The fact that she gets along with her just fine and also with her grandparents I sometimes still find it hard to believe that "everything" said about Pris (and believe me I've heard many many upsetting stories) can be true.

OK Pris is her mother, and is only human too, but there are limits :hmm:

and a second thought of mine:

could it be that Pris intentionally kept Lisa away from the Tennessee side of the family, to be sure Lisa never came to know the bad storys about her

ReGina_89
10-24-2007, 10:38 AM
I agree with you Riley Lisa isnt in anyway blinded by her mother
she is very strong willed and isnt the type of person to deal with it (if all this talk about Pris is true)
she isnt afraid of a "scandle"
she handles herself pretty well and what people say about her is the last thing she cares about...
I believe that Pris is No Angel but all this stuff is over the top IMO

riley
10-24-2007, 10:46 AM
That's what I really hope, Regina.

Would appreciate to hear Suzan's toughts/comments about it still...

MissyM
10-24-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't think ,unless there was good proof of another will, that Billy would have taken the estate to court. Being a cousin doesn't leave you with many legal rights. There were financial troubles with cash flow too. (although there were thousands of dollars worth of assests that could have been liquidated) Remember that after Elvis died there was a provision for relatives but since those were at the disgression of Vernon, who was not like Elvis, it may as well not have existed at all. Remember that Pricilla while married to Elvis aligned herself with Vernon to stop Elvis's generosity and spending. So unless you really feel that you have a case you can win, it costs to do that and Billy had nothing (but things Elvis had given him and while I know ppl think that was alot-it wasn't). I do think Elvis thought that Vernon would do what he wanted to do-take care of family. So once Graceland opened Billy figured that he'd at least have a job. But that ended as well. He has told that story but I don't think he ever has sounded very bitter or vindictive about it. He is grateful for all he had with Elvis and the good family times at Graceland. I think, and this is a guess, that those are what means the most to him. I also think that there is no way he would have wanted to be the one to launch a huge legal ugly battle against the estate. It's just not him.
Now we all know that there is no love lost between Pricilla and some members of the MM-Billy included. She has taken care of the one's she liked. She was never fond of the Smith Family. And yes, some were wanting help from Elvis financially and even Elvis wouldn't give to them. But why did she not feel a sense of obligation to Billy? How could you not when he was the one during Elvis's last hours, to take care of him, share some laughter, and lift his spirits??? Of course Billy did that because he wanted to. OMGosh, if you knew him you'd know he did it out of love, never even thinking about when Elvis died. Elvis was family to him, Jo and the boys. As for Lisa, she has said things about the MM that she was simply to young to be aware of. She was far to young to have formed that opinion. And she has followed in her mother's footsteps in allowing certain people close to Elvis, be taken care of. But you know, I don't fault her for that because I just think she doesn't care for the business end of things, therefore has allowed her mother to do what she wants. (all these years) Pricilla was the one who started the ball rolling by writing Elvis and Me. There were things that were not true in her book. And yet when the MM tells there side, finally after 10 years that is not ok????? It again is a perfect example of how Pricilla's double standards. She elevates herself, and place of importance and did during the marriage. (not that she wasn't) But she was the one who walked. (not that I hold that against her) She was the one who got to go out, live her life, be with other men, have the freedom, and yet, she it as if, she never did. She gained all the financial security just as if she never divorced Elvis. And she is even called his "widow"? And yet, the ones who remained with Elvis (at Elvis's desire) and dealt with the trials, the anguish, sacrificing their own family time/marriages, were left being ridiculed and out in the cold. Sorry, I think it stinks and no one could tell me that is what Elvis would have wanted.

presley31
10-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Priscilla does tell alot of stories when they suit her, but so has the MM, what makes them anymore different then priscilla, they both told lots of lies in ther past. I don't know why you say that the book she wrote wasn't true but heck it was better than reading about elvis drug problems that the MM seem to talk about all the time. I know that MIssy your family with billy, but l can't change how l feel.

ksimms2
10-24-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't think ,unless there was good proof of another will, that Billy would have taken the estate to court. Being a cousin doesn't leave you with many legal rights. There were financial troubles with cash flow too. (although there were thousands of dollars worth of assests that could have been liquidated) Remember that after Elvis died there was a provision for relatives but since those were at the disgression of Vernon, who was not like Elvis, it may as well not have existed at all. Remember that Pricilla while married to Elvis aligned herself with Vernon to stop Elvis's generosity and spending. So unless you really feel that you have a case you can win, it costs to do that and Billy had nothing (but things Elvis had given him and while I know ppl think that was alot-it wasn't). I do think Elvis thought that Vernon would do what he wanted to do-take care of family. So once Graceland opened Billy figured that he'd at least have a job. But that ended as well. He has told that story but I don't think he ever has sounded very bitter or vindictive about it. He is grateful for all he had with Elvis and the good family times at Graceland. I think, and this is a guess, that those are what means the most to him. I also think that there is no way he would have wanted to be the one to launch a huge legal ugly battle against the estate. It's just not him.
Now we all know that there is no love lost between Pricilla and some members of the MM-Billy included. She has taken care of the one's she liked. She was never fond of the Smith Family. And yes, some were wanting help from Elvis financially and even Elvis wouldn't give to them. But why did she not feel a sense of obligation to Billy? How could you not when he was the one during Elvis's last hours, to take care of him, share some laughter, and lift his spirits??? Of course Billy did that because he wanted to. OMGosh, if you knew him you'd know he did it out of love, never even thinking about when Elvis died. Elvis was family to him, Jo and the boys. As for Lisa, she has said things about the MM that she was simply to young to be aware of. She was far to young to have formed that opinion. And she has followed in her mother's footsteps in allowing certain people close to Elvis, be taken care of. But you know, I don't fault her for that because I just think she doesn't care for the business end of things, therefore has allowed her mother to do what she wants. (all these years) Pricilla was the one who started the ball rolling by writing Elvis and Me. There were things that were not true in her book. And yet when the MM tells there side, finally after 10 years that is not ok????? It again is a perfect example of how Pricilla's double standards. She elevates herself, and place of importance and did during the marriage. (not that she wasn't) But she was the one who walked. (not that I hold that against her) She was the one who got to go out, live her life, be with other men, have the freedom, and yet, she it as if, she never did. She gained all the financial security just as if she never divorced Elvis. And she is even called his "widow"? And yet, the ones who remained with Elvis (at Elvis's desire) and dealt with the trials, the anguish, sacrificing their own family time/marriages, were left being ridiculed and out in the cold. Sorry, I think it stinks and no one could tell me that is what Elvis would have wanted.

You go girl! That was well put! (y)

ksimms2
10-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Priscilla does tell alot of stories when they suit her, but so has the MM, what makes them anymore different then priscilla, they both told lots of lies in ther past. I don't know why you say that the book she wrote wasn't true but heck it was better than reading about elvis drug problems that the MM seem to talk about all the time. I know that MIssy your family with billy, but l can't change how l feel.

Jen maybe the MM talk about it so much because they've been blamed for it for so long. Maybe they are trying to show us how difficult it was to cater to Elvis every whim for so long, and finally the decline of his health and career due to the drug problems. I'm tired of hearing the MM being blamed for everything that went wrong with Elvis......(just my opinion no one has to agree with me)

presley31
10-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Jen maybe the MM talk about it so much because they've been blamed for it for so long. Maybe they are trying to show us how difficult it was to cater to Elvis every whim for so long, and finally the decline of his health and career due to the drug problems. I'm tired of hearing the MM being blamed for everything that went wrong with Elvis......(just my opinion no one has to agree with me)

sorry kelly but l'am not forgiving as some of the fans.

MissyM
10-24-2007, 02:17 PM
I have always stated that I am not 100 percent comfortable with some things put in the book. But when ppl say that the MM lied, I have a problem with that. Billy was part of the MM, and he did not lie about anything. Be upset if you will at the truth, I get some of that, but if someone called your cousin a liar and you knew they were not lying, I think you'd be the kind of person to say it. Now, we all know that Elvis was not perfect by any means. But when we weigh out the human side of him, which involves both flaws and goodness, the goodness outweighs the flaws. Which is how I would hope that people understand with Billy. But they don't seem to. Elvis is gone. Billy has been left to live on and get the bashing till the day he dies. I think it is an unfair price for him, Jo and his kin to have to pay for what they have said, after all they did good. And a high price to pay for all they sacrificed through the years. I'm sure some people can never understand.

riley
10-24-2007, 02:21 PM

Thanks MissyM for putting the truth out here in a very classy way.(y)(y)

Priscilla indeed acts like she never left him, never was with other men.

In EBTP I was waiting for her to tell at least something about her reasons being unfaithful but there was no single word about it. On the contrary she still told us with a wink that he was not faithful, that he wanted to play the field and come home to her....

BUT "she did exactly the same":hmm:
It seems she has forgotten a lot...

presley31
10-24-2007, 02:26 PM
agreed riley priscilla seems to be playing the saint when she knows she isn't. She left elvis l think she needs to rememeber that once and awhile.

riley
10-24-2007, 07:13 PM
;);)

Yep indeed Jen, she should be remembered once in a while.

I'm always surprised at how many easy questions she is getting from all people interviewing her.

The last one I saw was with Larry King.

We had the chance to send in some questions before on CNN, but in no way one of my questions was asked:lmfao:

It is always the same stuff all over, I do wonder if she screens the questions before:doh::doh:

They are often too smooth IMO.

Why can't she give a "tell-all" interview.

It would make her more popular.

Making mistakes is one thing and admitting it another one.

Pris made mistakes, but still isn't readdy to face them IMO

Suzan
10-25-2007, 09:35 PM
That's what I really hope, Regina.

Would appreciate to hear Suzan's toughts/comments about it still...

Hey Riley I apologize for the delay, I am in the fire zone here in So. Cali and have been preoccupied with that.

Yes Lisa is aware. I think the "forgiving of a lot" of things stems from some of that.
There's more I can say but will not do so in a public forum for reasons Id be happy to discuss w/you privately. In future please ask me anything you'd like to know "one on one" so to speak.:)

Diane
10-25-2007, 10:48 PM
I also agree with Suzan that Lisa is very much aware but how can anyone ask her to speak out against her own mother? I think she's living with it as best she can and keeping her distance. I respect her for that.

Diane

Suzan
10-25-2007, 11:17 PM
I also agree with Suzan that Lisa is very much aware but how can anyone ask her to speak out against her own mother? I think she's living with it as best she can and keeping her distance. I respect her for that.

Diane

Well said Diane, I agree, she has to keep her distance and she has to live with it and in order for it to not consume her she's had to forgive, you know what I mean?
I have the utmost respect for Lisa, she's a beautiful soul, she really is...and quite soft, not so much like people think she is, though she can be tough, she has a HUGE giving heart.

riley
10-26-2007, 10:02 AM
she must be almost a saint if she can live with everything she has to..

Thanks Suzan for replying to me and I hope you will be safe there in California.

I've seen it on the news it is terrible.

Diane
10-26-2007, 02:36 PM
I also sincerely hope that the horrible fires that are happening in Calif. don't affect you and your family Suzan.:hug:

Diane

presley31
10-26-2007, 02:40 PM
she must be almost a saint if she can live with everything she has to..

Thanks Suzan for replying to me and I hope you will be safe there in California.

I've seen it on the news it is terrible.

l agree riley, but however she is the one who has to live with her mistakes.

riley
10-26-2007, 03:17 PM
so true Jen, a friend of Elvis once said the same...

She said Pris made her own bed and now as to lie in it...

IF everything is true she did, well then she did wrong things not only to Elvis but also to her own flesh and blood, Lisa.

Lisa can forgive a lot, and I credit her for that really but still I think somewhere she will not forget.

I often wonder how the relationship is with Pris and her grandchildren...

On personal level, my mother made some mistakes too, I was not always treated fairly either, but we still are on good speaking terms . My children now teenagers know everything too and sometimes don't like her for that either...

Suzan
10-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Your quite welcome Riley. Thank you for the concern and the kind words, truly appreciated.:D
Thank you Diane, very sweet and much appreciated.:D
Well yesterday we had ashes raining down on us, looked like snow, today it's not as bad but we can't see the hills from the smoke and the air quality is horrid, we were back on alert for evacuation last night but that was called off early this morning...we're not as bad as San Diego though...thank God, I feel for those folks.:( Malibu is bad, but again not quite as bad as what's happening in San Diego and parts of Orange County are burning....sick thing is majority has been arson.
Oh and Lake Arrowhead is burning as well but they are saying that it's been partially contained.

Suzan
10-26-2007, 06:46 PM
I think Lisa has forgiven a lot, I think she's had to for her own survival. I always got the impression PRis was jealous of Lisa, and maybe a bit resentful. For quite awhile she had all of Elvis' attn. and the fans to a degree after the marriage swooned over her then Lisa came along and stole the spotlight and we all know how much Pris loves the spotlight.:) I know what your going to say Presley31 ;)...she's a private person, to me though a private person does not seek out the limelight and Pris has seeked it...she could have retired quietly, but no, there she is her mug all over anything and everything to do w/Elvis. :)

Sad thing to me is I've known and know women who are jelaous of their daughter's and I will never ever understand that mindset.

presley31
10-26-2007, 09:05 PM
not disgreeing, but l had some of the same things happen to me, but l won't get in to details cause that is private stuff, but l do believe priscilla was hard on lisa, its a shame really, looking at your daughter like she was wreaking the family, but it wasnt lisa that did that it was priscilla and priscilla alone.

Diane
10-26-2007, 09:09 PM
I think the worse hurt Priscilla did to Lisa is after Elvis died, instead of keeping her close and comforting her, she sent her off to camp and then school after school...Lisa really needed her mother then and didn't have anyone.

Diane

presley31
10-26-2007, 09:20 PM
l agree that was selfish on priscilla's part to send lisa off while she had a good time with her boyfriends. Thats the worse thing any mother could do.

Suzan
10-27-2007, 03:21 AM
I agree with both of you, Lisa, in my opinion, lost 2 parents on Aug. 16th. :( Pris was to busy running around and doing all sorts of things w/Edwards to pay much attn. to Lisa. I truly think she was resentful and jealous of her own daughter...I've seen it w/those around me, and I just dont' understand and you can't even discuss it w/them.

cameron
10-27-2007, 10:20 AM
I think the worse hurt Priscilla did to Lisa is after Elvis died, instead of keeping her close and comforting her, she sent her off to camp and then school after school...Lisa really needed her mother then and didn't have anyone.

Diane

That is/was my big complaint about Cilla. The rest, I tend to ignore.
I just never did care what she did or where she was.

For many years Cilla kept Lisa out of the spotlight , which, to me could have been a good thing for Lisa. Lisa seems to do that with her kids too.
But, who could blame them? It's a nasty world out here ...;)

jak
10-27-2007, 11:36 AM
I agree with both of you, Lisa, in my opinion, lost 2 parents on Aug. 16th. :( Pris was to busy running around and doing all sorts of things w/Edwards to pay much attn. to Lisa. I truly think she was resentful and jealous of her own daughter...I've seen it w/those around me, and I just dont' understand and you can't even discuss it w/them.

I dont mean to be rude but are you making some real leaps in judgement to make those comments.How can you have enough info about her parenting skills at the time to say things like that.Somewhat unfair isnt it?How can we possibly know how all her time was spent?If you used that line of thinking about Elvis you would have been beset upon by the Elvis police.
Jak

ksimms2
10-27-2007, 11:50 AM
I have always stated that I am not 100 percent comfortable with some things put in the book. But when ppl say that the MM lied, I have a problem with that. Billy was part of the MM, and he did not lie about anything. Be upset if you will at the truth, I get some of that, but if someone called your cousin a liar and you knew they were not lying, I think you'd be the kind of person to say it. Now, we all know that Elvis was not perfect by any means. But when we weigh out the human side of him, which involves both flaws and goodness, the goodness outweighs the flaws. Which is how I would hope that people understand with Billy. But they don't seem to. Elvis is gone. Billy has been left to live on and get the bashing till the day he dies. I think it is an unfair price for him, Jo and his kin to have to pay for what they have said, after all they did good. And a high price to pay for all they sacrificed through the years. I'm sure some people can never understand.

aawww....Missy...this is sad....hugs to you and Billy!!! Because you are right...it's so unfair to live with stuff hanging over your head that you are innocent of.....and being called a liar for it. :hug:

ksimms2
10-27-2007, 12:00 PM

Suzan, didn't Lisa call Linda to tell her that her dad was dead? I don't know the time frame of that call - but to me it tells alot about who Lisa felt she could turn to....

riley
10-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Did Linda and Lisa still saw each other when Lisa was growing up

ksimms2
10-27-2007, 12:17 PM

Riley, I'm not sure.....I think so...but don't know for sure...

cameron
10-27-2007, 01:38 PM

Here's an interview with Lisa and Larry King 2003.
She says she and Linda are still close .

http://lisamarie.at.infoseek.co.jp/lisa-LarryKingLive2003.htm

presley31
10-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Does anybody know why linda wasn't at elvis Anniversary. I heard that she wasn't invited??

cameron
10-27-2007, 03:52 PM
:hmm: I can't remember now.
Seems like she was going to be . Was she ill??
There was a big disagreement with some , but I don't think she was in the middle of that . I'd have to check.

cameron
10-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Does anybody know why linda wasn't at elvis Anniversary. I heard that she wasn't invited??

Found it! It's on EIN ; Elvis Week 2007

"EIN chatted to Jeanne LeMay Dumas (Read EIN's interview with Jeanne) who told us that Linda Thompson has recently dislocated her shoulder and was very upset at not being able to attend Elvis Week this year"

riley
10-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Sam Thompson said when asked about Linda:

There is no room for two queens this year

presley31
10-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Found it! It's on EIN ; Elvis Week 2007

"EIN chatted to Jeanne LeMay Dumas (Read EIN's interview with Jeanne) who told us that Linda Thompson has recently dislocated her shoulder and was very upset at not being able to attend Elvis Week this year"

sorry to hear that about linda, thats not nice on anybody:'(

Tommy
10-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Please stay on topic and please stick to the subject matter and not become personal.

riley
10-28-2007, 12:05 AM
????:doh::doh:

Suzan
10-29-2007, 12:34 AM
I dont mean to be rude but are you making some real leaps in judgement to make those comments.How can you have enough info about her parenting skills at the time to say things like that.Somewhat unfair isnt it?How can we possibly know how all her time was spent?If you used that line of thinking about Elvis you would have been beset upon by the Elvis police.
Jak

And you would know different how? C'mon, we are all surmising but if you read Pris comments, Lisa's comments, etc...and the book by Edwards, etc...etc...etc...then you to would come to same conclusion and if you take umbrage at my comments then jeez your pretty mad at everyone on this thread.;)
BTW nice change of name.:) ;)

Yes Lisa called Linda shortly after she found out Elvis had died, not her mom, but Linda, so yes very telling and yes they did see ea. other as Lisa was growing up and by Lisa's and Linda's comments the two women are still close.
In 1978 Linda said she'd gone to Graceland to visit Elvis' grave and saw Lisa there visiting Vernon.:)

Tommy
10-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Please refrain from personal remarks.

Suzan
10-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Please refrain from personal remarks.
K sorry Mr. Tommy.:):hug:

jak
10-29-2007, 01:21 PM
And you would know different how? C'mon, we are all surmising but if you read Pris comments, Lisa's comments, etc...and the book by Edwards, etc...etc...etc...then you to would come to same conclusion and if you take umbrage at my comments then jeez your pretty mad at everyone on this thread.;)
BTW nice change of name.:) ;)

Yes Lisa called Linda shortly after she found out Elvis had died, not her mom, but Linda, so yes very telling and yes they did see ea. other as Lisa was growing up and by Lisa's and Linda's comments the two women are still close.
In 1978 Linda said she'd gone to Graceland to visit Elvis' grave and saw Lisa there visiting Vernon.:)

My point is that none of us know anything about her parenting skills.To make huge assumptions is poor judgement.How can you or anybody comment on her parenting if you havent had close contact?Obviously you cant so you give the benefit of the doubt.
Jak

Getlo
10-29-2007, 01:45 PM
what does wanda hill get for telling her stories??

She gets laughed at ... and rightly so. She's a complete fantasist.

MissyM
10-29-2007, 02:44 PM
I agree with Getlo on that one.

Diane
10-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Yup, me too.

Diane

presley31
10-29-2007, 03:33 PM
l don't believe she full of it, but to each is there own.