PDA

View Full Version : why didn't elvis asked linda to marry instead of ginger??

presley31
10-04-2007, 06:28 PM
I was always wondering why didn't elvis ask Linda who stood by his side through the 5 years they were togther??

EDOEP
10-04-2007, 06:46 PM
I was always wondering why didn't elvis ask Linda who stood by his side through the 5 years they were togther??

at the time when he proposed to ginger, linda had already left him ... :blink:

apart from this, only ginger claims he proposed to her. this rumour AFAIK has never been verified by members of the MM oder others close to elvis.

i do doubt it. i guess after he got ripped off by priscilla he did not really think about another marriage any more, otherwise probably linda would he been the candidate.

hugs, ellie

ksimms2
10-04-2007, 06:50 PM
he never intended to marry Ginger...he only did it and bought her expensive jewelry, etc. to pacify her. His jeweler is the one who suggested he use the big diamond out of his TCB Ring because elvis wanted to give her a ring "right away" and couldn't wait for the jeweler to order one - the jeweler then later replaced the 11 carat diamond in the tcb ring.......but Elvis was just trying to pacify her.....from what I understand - she was another one who was with him just for what she could get for herself and her family.......(sorry to those that like Ginger - only going by what I've read from those who were around at the time)

Getlo
10-04-2007, 06:56 PM
apart from this, only ginger claims he proposed to her. this rumour AFAIK has never been verified by members of the MM oder others close to elvis.

Actually, Charlie said he was there when the proposal happened ... for what that's worth. ;)

presley31
10-04-2007, 06:58 PM
good points, what was so special with ginger??, its not like she stood by him like linda did

maybe he wanted to relive his younger days again?

EDOEP
10-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Actually, Charlie said he was there when the proposal happened ... for what that's worth. ;)

he was present? :blink: cannot remember he said so, but i am far from knowing all interviews with all MM members. do you happen to remember in what interview he stated so? always try to complete my files.

i agree he maybe is not the most reliable source... especially since charlie to my knowledge was less around than other MMs as he toured with other singers than elvis as well. read that in an interview with lindalee wakely (available on EWJ), the daughter of jimmy wakely, whom charlie performed with.

plus i do doubt that elvis would have publicly proposed ... i mean, that's a pretty private issue, isn't it? so if he ever mentioned possible marriage in public, it was either a joke or - as mentioned below by skimms 2 - just an appeasement strategy.

hugs, ellie

Getlo
10-04-2007, 07:16 PM
he was present? :blink: cannot remember he said so, but i am far from knowing all interviews with all MM members. do you happen to remember in what interview he stated so? always try to complete my files.

Remember, I said Charlie said he was there ... it doesn't make it so.

I believe he mentioned this in his book. But I may be wrong, as I've tried to block this piece of crap out of my mind.

Anyone?

Also, I think Geoge Klein "confirmed" it in some of his things. Again, anyone?

presley31
10-04-2007, 07:17 PM
I did read that charlie was there, but can't remember where.

Diane
10-04-2007, 08:01 PM
I don't think Elvis had any intention of marrying again after his divorce. Had he lived maybe someone else may have made him change his mind we'll never know.

Diane

Dovey
10-04-2007, 08:42 PM
:hmm::hmm:hmm, I read that Ginger said Elvis proposed to her in the bathroom... :doh::doh: Was Charlie really there too?? Dovey:D

tcbtigerman
10-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Ive always asked myself that question as well...Linda did stand by his side for a couple of years.She genuinely cared about him and loved him as much as a woman could love a man.But theres only so much a woman can take,after 5 years of no change in him i bet it took its toll.But in my opinion,if it was between Linda and Ginger becoming the new Mrs.Presley? Well, Linda definately would of had my vote.

ksimms2
10-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Yes Ginger said he proposed in the bathroom/lounge area. I don't think Charlie was there. Charlie may have been there when Elvis called the jeweler and wanted a special ring for Ginger (hence him using the tcb diamond until he could get it replaced)......but I don't think he was in the bathroom when Elvis proposed.....and not trying to be rude here....but she claims he got down on one knee.......ummmm in his last years.....I just don't even think he could've done that......not trying to be rude but he was having all sorts of problems....they did say he was getting cortisone injections which is a steroid and would have been a major reason he was so bloated.....(remember like Jerry Lewis was not long ago? because of the steroid medication he was on)

U.S. Male
10-04-2007, 09:26 PM
:hmm::hmm:hmm, I read that Ginger said Elvis proposed to her in the bathroom... :doh::doh: Was Charlie really there too?? Dovey:D

Makes me wonder if Elvis was yelling "Charlie...hurry up and get it all out man...I gotta propose to this chick before the jewelry store closes":lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: KIDDING!!!!!!

Dovey
10-05-2007, 12:11 AM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:yep, Bossman that explains it perfectly to me !!! :lmfao:Sure glad you have a since of humor!!!
:hmm:No wonder Good Time Charlie Had the Blues. Dovey;)

MissyM
10-05-2007, 12:14 AM
Linda has said that she wanted marriage and children. I don't think Elvis wanted more children. Therefore he never would have married again. As young as Ginger was, I'd think she would have wanted some children too.

Diane
10-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Carole, BBM lol. Did Ginger Snap when Charlie wouldn't get out? Aw, I know that's lame, just had to try. :lol:

Diane

Stryx
10-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Linda has said that she wanted marriage and children. I don't think Elvis wanted more children. Therefore he never would have married again. As young as Ginger was, I'd think she would have wanted some children too.

Elvis talked about kids with Linda. He wanted a boy.

elvisgal824
10-05-2007, 12:24 AM
I saw Linda on TV a few months ago and she said something about wanting to marry Elvis but that he didn't want to until towards the end of the relationship. She was already over it by then. I don't understand why everyone hates Ginger though. She doesn't have any books out or anything like that to make money off of her relationship with E. I would kind of like to hear more about her life with Elvis.

presley31
10-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Elvis talked about kids with Linda. He wanted a boy.

why didn't he have a child with her than is my answer or did elvis tell this to every girlfriend??

Stryx
10-05-2007, 12:27 AM
why didn't he have a child with her than is my answer or did elvis tell this to every girlfriend??

Lindas a goold Southern Girl....I would presume she may have wanted at that stage in the 70's to be married to the father of her children. I don't know for sure why they didn't have a kid, that may be a reason. Linda would be the best person to ask

elvisgal824
10-05-2007, 12:28 AM
I agree with Presley 31 on this. I feel like Elvis could have found someone to have a baby with if he really wanted one.

presley31
10-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Lindas a goold Southern Girl....I would presume she may have wanted at that stage in the 70's to be married to the father of her children. I don't know for sure why they didn't have a kid, that may be a reason. Linda would be the best person to ask

I suppose be southern girl she had a rep to think off.

MissyM
10-05-2007, 12:37 AM
He may have said he wanted a child but deep down, I don't think he did. Oh and I think Linda knew that.

TCBnAflash
10-05-2007, 01:49 AM
he might have known about his piano player flirting with Linda or maybe he thought it was too easy and he wanted a challenge. I've read that he had no real motive of marring Ginger. He was always doing stuff like that. He was with Sandy Miller the last month of his life.
Ginger was more of challenge she would sneak out and go hangout with people of her peers.
I really can't stand Priscilla or Ginger in my opinion they are both evil dolls.

Suzan
10-06-2007, 07:25 AM

i do doubt it. i guess after he got ripped off by priscilla he did not really think about another marriage any more, otherwise probably linda would he been the candidate.

hugs, ellie

I agree w/u Ellie on all points.:D

TotallyInsane
10-06-2007, 02:20 PM
he might have known about his piano player flirting with Linda or maybe he thought it was too easy and he wanted a challenge. I've read that he had no real motive of marring Ginger. He was always doing stuff like that. He was with Sandy Miller the last month of his life.
Ginger was more of challenge she would sneak out and go hangout with people of her peers.
I really can't stand Priscilla or Ginger in my opinion they are both evil dolls.

Who was Sandy Miller?

cameron
10-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Who was Sandy Miller?

Elvis was NOT with Sandy Miller.
That was his fathers girlfriend. :supriced::lmfao:

ricardo b. prospero
10-06-2007, 04:23 PM
I personally believe Elvis is not the marrying kind and his marriage to Priscilla was a big mistake. I don't think he will ever again get into the business of marriage after the tragic separation with Priscilla. He has learned his lesson well and simply flirting around to his heart satisfaction. He is one guy that does need a serious relationship with string attached. He is better off with just plain companionship with all those ladies around her.

Getlo
10-07-2007, 12:49 PM
He was with Sandy Miller the last month of his life.

Which presumably explains why Ginger was there in his bed every night for the last few months ... including the very last night??

You're thinking of Mindi Miller ... and she was well off the scene by the end.

orwell1976
10-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Wasn't Charlie Hodge the one who said that Elvis had cancer? I don't think that he is a reliable source.

I believe that Elvis told Ginger that he wanted to marry her. Why not? Linda had left him and Ginger reminded him a lot of Priscilla. I guess he wanted to make her something like Prizzy 2.0 and tryed to do it right this time.

My personal oppinion is that he should have stayed with Linda. I guess she really loved him because of himself and not because he was Elvis Presley.

marijaep
10-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Wasn't Charlie Hodge the one who said that Elvis had cancer? I don't think that he is a reliable source.

I believe that Elvis told Ginger that he wanted to marry her. Why not? Linda had left him and Ginger reminded him a lot of Priscilla. I guess he wanted to make her something like Prizzy 2.0 and tryed to do it right this time.

My personal oppinion is that he should have stayed with Linda. I guess she really loved him because of himself and not because he was Elvis Presley.

Yep, Charlie said that in his book.......

Diane
10-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Kathy Westmorland also claimed Elvis had cancer.

Diane

Getlo
10-07-2007, 03:23 PM
We are way :offtopic: here! It's supposed to be about Linda or Ginger.

(Elvis did not have cancer!)

Lisarose
10-07-2007, 03:27 PM
I think he may have said that he wanted more children because Gladys always wanted to have Graceland filled with grandbabies. As far as Ginger - well, IMO, he was only trying to pacify her, her signature was on Elvis' will as a witness, & he didn't even acknowledge her in his will. I only say that to point out that because she was around when he rewrote his will, if he was seriously in love with her - he'd have included her in his will. I don't mean to imply that she knew anything about what was in that will - which she obviously was clueless.

(n)I can't (& refuse to) believe that as romantic & sensitive everyone says Elvis was that he'd offer a heartfelt proposal in his bathroom to anyone in front of witnesses. Even a bathroom as nice as his own private one at Graceland! If it were me, I'd have thought it was another Elvis Presley joke - this time on me!

franny
10-07-2007, 05:07 PM

hugs, ellie

I think presley31 meant, when Elvis was with Linda for 5 years, why didn't he propose to her in that time?

According to Joe Esposito, Elvis was going to end it with Ginger, he stated in his new book, Straight Up, "Ginger was on her way out and Elvis was considering dating other woman"...

franny

scarlet_nell
02-22-2010, 10:34 PM
I have a question, what's so bad about Ginger? It is because she was very young? I did like Linda though and do wish he would have married her

monk37
02-23-2010, 01:04 AM
good points, what was so special with ginger??, its not like she stood by him like linda did
?

she looked like she was the daughter of Debra Paget and Priscilla.

that's why she struck a nerve - physically, she was his type - but she didn't have the mothering personality that he craved

monk37
02-23-2010, 01:06 AM
It's a good question!I never understood why either!Because the age,is nothing to do with love!For Me!And also for Me,was true love!

partly because she was so wrong for him

and mostly because many fans feel that she let him die - if Linda had been there, she would have checked on Elvis and found him sooner - if not in time.

it's not a rational belief per se - but someone has to be blamed and it can't be Elvis.....

Erhan
02-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Elvis want to leave her Lind had no choise except left him she did everything for saveing him drugs an bad habits I thouth Lind, Red ,Sonny and Dave had same destiny same real reason...

debtdbruno
02-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Did Elvis ask Ginger to marry him?

The MM seem to fall into 2 catagories over this.........

Realistically only two people know...........and one isn't here to say!!!!

Donut
02-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Did Elvis ask Ginger to marry him?

The MM seem to fall into 2 catagories over this.........

Realistically only two people know...........and one isn't here to say!!!!

I think I have said this not long ago, but there is an interview in which Vernon says he knew Elvis had proposed to Ginger. So it's probably true.

debtdbruno
02-23-2010, 07:08 PM
wonder if it was in a 'vulnerable' moment????

dstrattenfan
02-24-2010, 02:12 PM
First off lets face it Elvis just wasn't the marring kind...

I believe that Elvis and Linda's relationship by it's end was basically platonic...She was many things to Elvis, (sometimes) Lover, sister, mother, friend, and nursemaid. I think they both realized that the relationship had developed over time to friendship rather than a physical relationship. . It is really hard to say what went one in their relationship, because Linda only speaks of Elvis in good terms..To me that shows she cared for him very much which is more than we can say about most of the people in Elvis's life. Sex was just one issue among many in their relationship A this point in their relationship he was so strugout he couldn't preform sexually. As we all know Elvis had issues with physical entamacy (performance anxiety if u will)l, and most people know sex is a BIG part of marriage.

Even If (and I mean if) he did propose to Ginger I am positive that it was just to shut her and her family up just like Miss Pris. Sometimes Elvis's promises were empty promises' Like billy Smith said Elvis would tell u anything he thought u wanted to hear just to get his way.

mistymorning
02-24-2010, 02:56 PM

OMG!!!!!!!! really ?!!! why in the bathroom ?!!!!
http://www.smilys.net/lachende_smilies/smiley4122.gif:P

presley31
02-24-2010, 03:17 PM
OMG!!!!!!!! really ?!!! why in the bathroom ?!!!!
http://www.smilys.net/lachende_smilies/smiley4122.gif:P

If l remember right he asked priscilla to marry him in the bathroom too. Elvis sure didn;t have anywhere private to ask with people in and out like flies.

May
02-24-2010, 04:56 PM
First off lets face it Elvis just wasn't the marring kind...

I believe that Elvis and Linda's relationship by it's end was basically platonic...She was many things to Elvis, (sometimes) Lover, sister, mother, friend, and nursemaid. I think they both realized that the relationship had developed over time to friendship rather than a physical relationship. . It is really hard to say what went one in their relationship, because Linda only speaks of Elvis in good terms..To me that shows she cared for him very much which is more than we can say about most of the people in Elvis's life. Sex was just one issue among many in their relationship A this point in their relationship he was so strugout he couldn't preform sexually. As we all know Elvis had issues with physical entamacy (performance anxiety if u will)l, and most people know sex is a BIG part of marriage.

Even If (and I mean if) he did propose to Ginger I am positive that it was just to shut her and her family up just like Miss Pris. Sometimes Elvis's promises were empty promises' Like billy Smith said Elvis would tell u anything he thought u wanted to hear just to get his way.

I believe that of Elvis, that he would say what others wanted to hear. Look at the time when he was recording the 68 Special. Steve Binder said that Elvis agreed with everything the Colonel said was going to happen (which was the opposite of what Elvis and Steve had discussed). As soon as the Col went out the door he nudged Steve and said "We're going to do it exactly how we said" and laughed.

As far as Linda's and his relationship. A lot of marriages or relationships end up platonic. Friends have started off with all the good intentions people have when they marry and then years down the line they say they are more like brother and sister. they still get on and love each other but aren't "in love" anymore. Also Elvis met Linda just after he and Pris separated. I agree I dont think Elvis should have married at all - not the marrying kind - but I dont think he even had it in his head he would marry again right after the separation.;)

Also, was there some outside pressure from Gingers family?? I dont think they would have married either to be honest.

Tony Trout
02-24-2010, 07:02 PM
I firmly believe that Elvis didn't ask Linda to marry him simply because he just didn't want to get married again - and that also includes Ginger. He wouldn't have married her, either. As someone else said in this thread, Elvis would say anything to anyone to appease them or make them happy or, to put it bluntly, shut them up.

I believe that Linda has stated in past interviews that she did , in fact, want to get married but Elvis just kept avoiding the issue.

Diane
02-24-2010, 07:49 PM
I believe it is highly possible that Elvis did propose to Ginger but I don't believe he ever meant to go through a marriage with her.

Diane

presley31
02-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Elvis might of asked her and gave her the ring but that doesn't mean he was going though with it. Ginger and him spent more time fighting than getting along with eachtogether. All you should read nancy rooks book if you want to know more about ginger. Nancy was there and seen it too.

presley31
02-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Everyone have his personal thoughts and opinions,and this is My!
I believe in what Ginger said,in his Interview from May 2003,and I believe in what Kathy Westmoralend,said in a 80' Interview!And about fighting,well,in every couple happened that,but not mean,that they not love eachother.

Sorry Giorgia but we are going to disgree there. Ginger never wanted to spend anytime with elvis except when she was getting something. That is not love at all. Linda, pris and others put there lives on hold on for elvis and went everywhere they could just to spend time with elvis but ginger no she complained about everything and anything. IT also said that ginger was seeing someone else when she was supposed to be with her mother which she was caught by the mm and the maids when elvis told them for phone for her to come.

Tommy
02-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Actually, the sad truth, we will never know who or when Elvis Presley would have married or not married again.

dstrattenfan
02-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Sorry Giorgia but we are going to disgree there. Ginger never wanted to spend anytime with elvis except when she was getting something. That is not love at all. Linda, pris and others put there lives on hold on for elvis and went everywhere they could just to spend time with elvis but ginger no she complained about everything and anything. IT also said that ginger was seeing someone else when she was supposed to be with her mother which she was caught by the mm and the maids when elvis told them for phone for her to come.

You are a 110% right! Ginger and her family were gold diggers from the start

elvia7
02-25-2010, 02:43 PM
I believe it is highly possible that Elvis did propose to Ginger but I don't believe he ever meant to go through a marriage with her.

Diane

Yes, I agree with you Diane, I think that ELVIS was in so bad psyhical condition that He only
sometime dream about ii:'(

elvia7
02-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Actually, the sad truth, we will never know who or when Elvis Presley would have married or not married again.

Yeahhhhh! Tommy, you have right:notworthy

Tommy
02-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Yeahhhhh! Tommy, you have right:notworthy

Thank you. (y)

Tony Trout
02-25-2010, 02:59 PM
You are a 110% right! Ginger and her family were gold diggers from the start

I agree with you. They even sued Elvis's estate after he died because he had promised them things and didn't come through on those promises.

dstrattenfan
02-25-2010, 03:39 PM
I agree with you. They even sued Elvis's estate after he died because he had promised them things and didn't come through on those promises.

I know it just makes you sick to your stomach don't :mad:

Diane
02-25-2010, 03:53 PM
I still tend to believe that it was Ginger's family who saw an opportunity when Elvis showed interest in her just as it was with Priscilla's parents. It's the way both women were brought up.....

Diane

May
02-25-2010, 03:57 PM
True Diane. It was very much the man who was the breadwinner as it were, and as you say, how girls were brought up.

dstrattenfan
02-25-2010, 04:32 PM
I still tend to believe that it was Ginger's family who saw an opportunity when Elvis showed interest in her just as it was with Priscilla's parents. It's the way both women were brought up.....

Diane

T-totally:mad:

ph10579
02-26-2010, 02:19 AM
I bet Elvis and Linda would have had some cute kids together & have a great marriage if things would have been better!

Teddy
02-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Marriage probably didn't figure very highly on Elvis's list of ambitions so soon after his divorce.

Given Linda's doting nature in contrast with Ginger's relatively distant approach to relations with Elvis, I can imagine him feeling that he maybe didn't need to propose marriage to stay with Linda, but he might have to in order to stay with Ginger. Especially in his rapidly deteriorating physical condition.

debtdbruno
02-26-2010, 07:35 PM
I'll go along with that Teddy..........he probably felt more insecure with Ginger, seen as she wouldn't go along with him..........