PDA

View Full Version : Addt'l Info from EPE on Zippin Pippin

Suzan
09-28-2007, 12:07 AM
I recv'd an email from EPE telling me that I needed to contact a Denise Parkinson regarding the Zippin Pippin.

I called Denise and we had a lengthy conversation and this is what she told me regarding the Zippin & EPE:

There are no formal talks w/EPE @ this time to purchase the Zippin.
She has contacted EPE but recv'd terse replies from their Marketing Director Kevin Kern. She stated that the talks haven't gotten past him, and that she never got as far as Mr. Sillerman.
She does not know if Mr. Sillerman has any plans to buy the Zippin though she would like to see that happen.
Zippin was submitted for consideration to become a Nat'l Historic Landmark, and she stated that in 6wks they will find out, but she is confident that it will go thru as this waiting is just a formality.
They purchased the Coaster from the original private buyer.
The Zippin if named a historic landmark cannot be moved or maintained by Federal funding, hence their reason for looking for a private investor (ie Sillerman).
The Zippin is now sitting on City land.
She further stated that Mr. Sillerman won his bid w/the City to obtain Corp. welfare so that he can redevelop the land around Graceland. She (and I have to agree) is wondering how a Billionaire was able to recieve Federal Corp. welfare?
She is a grass roots organization and currently running for City council...she said that one of the councilman mentioned in a prev. post is not an up and up character and is not running for re-election.
She requested I not give her phone number out, but said that if Elvis fans would like to assist in saving the Pippin and perhaps assisting w/getting it moved near Graceland (helping get EPE's attn. to purchase it) she can be contacted at: denise@wspice.com
She also has a website:
http://denisecares.blog.spot.com

I sent another email to EPE and was advised again that Denise is whom I needed to speak to or I can contact CKX if I wanted a statement from Mr. Sillerman. I have since submitted my inquiry to them and if I get a response I will be sure to share it w/everyone here.:)

I got the feeling that EPE @ this time is not interested in purchasing the Zippin.

presley31
09-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Thank you for sharing, very interesting indeed.

Diane
09-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Thank you Suzan for taking the time to obtain this latest information on the purchase of the Zippin Pippin for us. (y)

Diane

Suzan
09-28-2007, 01:16 AM
Your welcome Presley31.

Hiyas Diane, my pleasure, if I hear anything from Sillerman's corner will post.:)

Johnny
09-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the info - and the orginal thread starter, with the bull cr*p story is silent now :)

Suzan
09-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the info - and the orginal thread starter, with the bull cr*p story is silent now :)
Quite welcome.:D
Yes I've noticed that.:) So is the "good friend".:hmm::hmm:

Not heard from Sillerman's camp yet, hoping to though and if so will post what they say.:D

keke23
09-28-2007, 04:02 PM
I recv'd an email from EPE telling me that I needed to contact a Denise Parkinson regarding the Zippin Pippin.

I called Denise and we had a lengthy conversation and this is what she told me regarding the Zippin & EPE:

There are no formal talks w/EPE @ this time to purchase the Zippin.
She has contacted EPE but recv'd terse replies from their Marketing Director Kevin Kern. She stated that the talks haven't gotten past him, and that she never got as far as Mr. Sillerman.
She does not know if Mr. Sillerman has any plans to buy the Zippin though she would like to see that happen.
Zippin was submitted for consideration to become a Nat'l Historic Landmark, and she stated that in 6wks they will find out, but she is confident that it will go thru as this waiting is just a formality.
They purchased the Coaster from the original private buyer.
The Zippin if named a historic landmark cannot be moved or maintained by Federal funding, hence their reason for looking for a private investor (ie Sillerman).
The Zippin is now sitting on City land.
She further stated that Mr. Sillerman won his bid w/the City to obtain Corp. welfare so that he can redevelop the land around Graceland. She (and I have to agree) is wondering how a Billionaire was able to recieve Federal Corp. welfare?
She is a grass roots organization and currently running for City council...she said that one of the councilman mentioned in a prev. post is not an up and up character and is not running for re-election.
She requested I not give her phone number out, but said that if Elvis fans would like to assist in saving the Pippin and perhaps assisting w/getting it moved near Graceland (helping get EPE's attn. to purchase it) she can be contacted at: denise@wspice.com
She also has a website:
http://denisecares.blog.spot.com

I sent another email to EPE and was advised again that Denise is whom I needed to speak to or I can contact CKX if I wanted a statement from Mr. Sillerman. I have since submitted my inquiry to them and if I get a response I will be sure to share it w/everyone here.:)

I got the feeling that EPE @ this time is not interested in purchasing the Zippin.

Everything she told you practically is what i originally said in my post. Nothin is on the table....yet, and that's what she told you obviously.

I said the city wants to find a permanent location and that Graceland would be the most logical, and that is what she told you....again.

I said they hadn't talked to Sillerman yet, and that's what she told you as well.

So my info was right, as usual.

Now you wanna discredit me?

Oh and one more thing, keep my name and my personal business outta your mouth, okay? That goes for all of yall.:mad:

rocknroll
09-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Oh and one more thing, keep my name and my personal business outta your mouth, okay? That goes for all of yall.:mad:

Lakeisha, Lakeisha, Lakeisha, Lakeisha, Lakeisha. :lmfao:

Suzan
09-29-2007, 03:59 AM
Is that a threat? And it's not personal honey when it happens on a PUBLIC FORUM...which is what happened w/u on the other...and lookie lookie your doing the same thing here.
And no go read your original post.