PDA

View Full Version : UK Fans Special Push For 'In The Ghetto'

Brian Quinn
09-27-2007, 07:28 PM
As most of you will now appreciate the new Singles Campaign in the UK is well under way. All of the singles so far released have entered into the Top 20 with the last four entering at No.14.

Bearing the above situation in mind several fans have decided to give 'In The Ghetto' a 'special push' in order for it to get into the Top 10. The release date is 5th November (Guy Fawkes Night).

The main thing that fans can do is to try and get it some airplay and this can best be achieved by going to the following site and e-mailing individual DJ's - www.mediauk.com/radio/ at the radio stations listed from A to Z.

Should any fans on this site wish to send in some e-mail requests then this would be most appreciated. Bearing in mind the release date, e-mails to the DJ's would best be sent around mid to late October to take account of programme scheduling.

Sony BMG(UK) have been informed of this initiative and are enthusiastic about it stating they will get their PR Department on to it.

Thanks.

Brian :) (y) :)

Brian Quinn
10-27-2007, 05:31 PM
In connection with the aforementioned Request Campaign to get 'In The Ghetto' played on UK Radio can I remind fans that NOW is the time to start requesting the track.

My request for the record to be played is as follows:

Dear

Would you please play ‘In The Ghetto’ by Elvis Presley during the week commencing 5th November as I think this is one of the finest recordings ever made. In today’s throwaway society we are now nearing the stage where human life is too often being thrown away for usually some trivial act of violence. Hopefully, if enough people hear this record it may help them think before acting on the spur of the moment and perhaps ruining the lives of whole families for the want of a little restraint.

Many Thanks.

Best Wishes.

Brian Quinn

Brian :D (y) :D