PDA

View Full Version : elvis Touring Bus E-BAY

meg
09-25-2007, 12:21 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170151511700&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D 170151511700%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

elvisia
09-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Hmm...did this bus really belong to Elvis?, well, I recall seeing a bus like this in some 60`footage....maybe it was Elvis by the Presleys, but not sure....
Going to have a look when I have the time....because i don`t recall the writing on the bus....would he travel with his name writen all over:hmm:

Elvisia

Diane
09-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Same here Elvisia. I remember pictures of the bus too but without all the writing on it. Will have to check too.

Thanks for posting Meg.

Diane

Getlo
09-25-2007, 02:09 PM
The writing was obviously added after Elvis owned it ...

... if, indeed, it is the real bus he used in the sixties.

Elvis would not be driving around the country with his own name emblazoned on the sides.

The "TCB Tour" on the front is a dead giveway. Elvis wasn't TCB-ing in the sixties.

meg
09-25-2007, 02:27 PM
1989-1990

http://www.ambuehler.ch/trip_reports/1989-1990_usa/monatsbericht_09/f051d08_big.jpg

Getlo
09-25-2007, 02:35 PM
1989-1990

http://www.ambuehler.ch/trip_reports/1989-1990_usa/monatsbericht_09/f051d08_big.jpg

Yeah, that's the bus I saw at Graceland in '88, and that's where this pic was taken.

Now, assuming the one that was at Graceland is authentic (and there was some doubt about that), then that means the one on eBay is definitely fake.

They are clearly two different buses!

EDOEP
09-25-2007, 02:36 PM
are you talking about these pics???

hugs, ellie

Getlo
09-25-2007, 02:49 PM
are you talking about these pics???

hugs, ellie

Yes. There are two different buses shown in this lot of pics. One of the pics was in the previously-posted link.

It's very obvious ... look at the back wheels. One bus has two wheels each side, the other has only one!

Diane
09-25-2007, 02:58 PM
No doubt about it, there are two different buses. I would tend to believe that the second photo you linked us to Meg is the real Elvis touring bus and that the eBay is a fake.

Diane

Getlo
09-25-2007, 03:02 PM
The tour bus at Graceland wasn't the real one either.

From the allexperts website:

The bus that was on display at Graceland wasn't, in fact, Elvis'. Since it was discovered that the bus NEVER did belong to Elvis, it was promptly removed from display and returned to the original owner.

Where's Elvis' REAL bus? That's a good question! With nothing to indicate that it was Elvis' (as it was just an ordinary, unmarked bus) it was probably sold, leased or eventually scrapped like all the rest.

meg
09-25-2007, 03:02 PM
No doubt about it, there are two different buses. I would tend to believe that the second photo you linked us to Meg is the real Elvis touring bus and that the eBay is a fake.

Diane

On ebay you can read:
This touring bus supposedly belonged to Elvis Presley
I think its a fake!

EDOEP
09-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Yes. There are two different buses shown in this lot of pics. One of the pics was in the previously-posted link.

It's very obvious ... look at the back wheels. One bus has two wheels each side, the other has only one!

realised that ... just wonder if maybe he owned more than just one bus .... be it at a time, be it at different times.

ellie

presley31
09-25-2007, 03:18 PM

Diane

I agree diane (y)

rocknroll
09-25-2007, 03:40 PM
It's a fake for sure.

Getlo
09-25-2007, 04:01 PM
I just thought ...

If the bus on display at Graceland was proven a fake (which it was), then maybe that means that this one on offer at eBay is the real thing?

There are some outside shots of the bus from the sixties in Joe Esposito's home movies (Elvis in black shirt, mucking about with the MM doing karate and so forth). Maybe someone could view these and do a comparison?

Perhaps these movies will show a third bus?

Diane
09-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Oh please Getlo, have a heart...not three buses!:)

Diane

elvis himselvis
09-26-2007, 05:33 PM
one thing I know is that it's not much money for this bus....and ,if it's the real bus that belonged to Elvis,it's great to have it

Tommy
09-26-2007, 07:50 PM
This bus and all supposed buses's Elvis owns would have a title that would certify who owned the bus/buses. The Vin number could be traced back to it's original owner/owners.

ksimms2
09-26-2007, 07:55 PM
good point Tommy, they could check the VIN#.....great thinking!

presley31
09-26-2007, 07:57 PM
l wouldn't of thought of that Tommy, good thinking.

Diane
09-27-2007, 05:55 PM
You're right Tommy - that would be the way to prove ownership. Wonder if those people on ebay bothered to do that before claiming it supposedly" belonged to Elvis? There's no mention of it on the ad.

Diane

Tony Trout
09-27-2007, 06:09 PM
I don't think that the bus being offered on Ebay is real....besides, if it was I'm sure the owners would have taken a heck of a lot better care of it and they most definitely wouldn't be offering a little over $5,000.00 for it......:hmm::hmm:

I emailed EPE in regards to the bus that is being auctioned off on Ebay and the one that they had on display and the whereabouts of that particular bus/whether it was Elvis's and here is what they told me:

Dear Tony Trout,

We don’t authenticate items not from our own collection including the bus that is now on sale.

We do not know the current location of the bus. Elvis bought it 11/29/65 and sold it in 1968 to entertainer Herb Shriner. Mr. and Mrs. Shriner were killed in a car accident in 1970, leaving behind three children including their entertainer sons Wil Shriner and Kin Shriner (Scotty Baldwin on “General Hospital”) It was part of the probate of the Shriner
estate and then sold several times. Following a fire, the interior was redone. Later, it was loaned to Graceland for tours and remained here a number of years even though it had been redone and changed from the days of Elvis owning it.

Then when the loan was up, it was returned to the owner who has since died and what became of it after that we don’t have a record of. I had heard since that it was destroyed in another fire some time later but can’t attest to that as being fact.

Graceland Archives Researcher

Suzan
09-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Thank you Tony, very much, for showing us the letter you recv'd from EPE, I've wondered for years what became of the bus after it was taken off display across from Graceland, and thanks to you, now I know.:D
I don't think that bus on ebay belonged to Elvis, like Diane said, they'd be asking heck of a lot more then 5 grand.:) The exterior looks like could be but then again all buses from that era had that similar look.:D
Once again thank you.:notworthy