PDA

View Full Version : I went Elvis shopping today

curtis simpkins
08-21-2004, 05:46 AM
Today I went Elvis shopping.
frist place i stop was best buy and got me the "Aloha from hawaii the deluxe
edition dvd" and i all ready played 90% of this set, and i love it.

then i went to one of those use cd stores and i picked up these cds.

"That's the way it is Special edition" mint shape cds i got it for $18.00
and i also got a nother one called ""Elvis return of the rocker" original 1st pressing cd and this is also mint copy. and i got this one for $8.98.

so right now i am getting starting to get Elvis on cd, i all ready have a few right now.

since i dont have a needle-styli for my turntable right now i am getting cds.
any i like to keep my good Elvis lps in mint shape has possible. :clap:

and now i am likeing cds. :clap:

Lonniebealestreet
08-22-2004, 03:25 AM
Sounds like a nice balanced approach, Curtis. Glad you're enjoying your new purchases. So have the new edits on the Aloha DVD set changed your mind in terms of liking the broadcast show or the rehearsal better?

curtis simpkins
08-22-2004, 08:09 AM
Sounds like a nice balanced approach, Curtis. Glad you're enjoying your new purchases. So have the new edits on the Aloha DVD set changed your mind in terms of liking the broadcast show or the rehearsal better?

well i kinda like it all really, but i really like the new edits better and the rehearsal also.

i love this a way. to have an complete concert from start to finish.
great dvd set.

and i also love it when they made it into stereo sound. nicely done job. (y)

i also just got the 68 comback dvd set, i havent seen all of it yet, but i well.
but i did saw the two set down shows frist, and i do love them a lot. :clap:

now all we is now the complete "Elvis on tour" and "Elvis that's the way it is"
done this away. :clap:

Lonniebealestreet
08-22-2004, 05:31 PM
(y)

Don't forget Elvis In Concert...but that's a pipe dream. And it would have to be an FTD project. Anyway, it would be interesting to know how much footage was actually shot. Some people who seem to know claim that Indianapolis was in fact filmed, but the lighting was insufficient (or at least was not done like in Omaha and Rapid City), and that's why it wasn't used. I hope that's true.

Elvis On Tour might just be Beyond The Bend.

curtis simpkins
08-22-2004, 05:53 PM
I know what you meen man!. (y)