PDA

View Full Version : Will it makes a big difference if Elvis remain a batchelor?

ricardo b. prospero
09-21-2007, 05:06 PM
I always have the personal opinion that Elvis marriage to Priscilla was the biggest blunder he made in his lifetime. I won't elaborate more why since it will only create lots of arguments on the subject. My conclusion is based on my personal observation and I believe action speaks more louder than words. I believe Elvis could have live a more productive and happy life without a wife if she is the like of Priscilla. A woman can make or break a man.(n)

" Marriage is like a business venture between partners, success lies in the hands of
both person."

ksimms2
09-21-2007, 05:10 PM
he should of remained a bachelor because he could not be faithful....that's all....nothing to do with Priscilla, she was caught in the trap too...so were his other girlfriends...all vying to be #1 in his heart. He could not remain faithful.....unfortunately.

Stryx
09-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Elvis basically was a bachelor.

He slept with whoever he wanted and he didn't seem to care much if he had a girlfriend or was married while he was doing it.

He pretty much was a bachelor and he knew how to have fun that's for sure!!

Burning_Love
09-21-2007, 05:30 PM
He should have stayed a batchelor, just because it would have been better for his women, that he did not hurt them.

But, hey, i think he wanted to be a good husband, but he knew being a bachelor was more fun :D

ricardo b. prospero
09-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Therefore, will you agree then that his marriage to Priscilla was a complete failure because he can not assume the role of a faithful husband? Do you believe Elvis love to flings is one big factor why he should have not married?

ksimms2
09-21-2007, 06:42 PM
yes to both - he should not have married Priscilla because he could not remain faithful....and should remain a bachelor because of his womanizing......(wish I was old enough at the time for him to womanize with me....I would have let him....lol....sorry...he is just so sexy)

tilly01
09-21-2007, 09:02 PM
elvis never actually slept slept with some of the women he liked to lie next to them without any intamcy from what i read in joe's book

tilly01
09-21-2007, 09:25 PM
ladies if you had have the chance to sleep with elvis knowing that he was married would you have turned him down i wouldn't

Burning_Love
09-21-2007, 09:46 PM
I think the Marriage should never have happened. Although it was great for Priscilla, who thought she could have him and he wouldn't cheat, he still did.
To get married when he knew he would cheat, well, he shouldn't have married.

I mean, i would not turn him down...Would any woman ? Noooo !

EnigmaticSun
09-21-2007, 10:37 PM
I don't think Elvis should have taken all the blame.

Priscilla doesn't seem to be the nicest girl he ever dated. That's all I want to say on this subject now.

My husband (priest) said Elvis was probably not the marrying-kind. I am - though polygamous.

Dovey
09-22-2007, 12:15 AM
I think Elvis should of stayed a bachelor.. he was not ready.. nor did he want to marry. Elvis was like Jesus, he loved all woman and probably never would of been faithful to just one. Yep, all of us loved him too. :hug: Dovey;)

Getlo
09-22-2007, 01:57 AM
No man - deep, deep, deep down inside - wants to get married.

Sorry ladies (and some of you guys) but it's true.

We may sometimes want to commit to a woman, or have a child with one.

But no man really wants to stand up in front of some guy in a frock going through some banal ceremony that symbolises the oppression and ownership of women, and has done for thousands of years.

We may debate that Elvis never should've married. But one thing is for sure: he should never have married Priscilla!

KPM
09-22-2007, 02:54 AM
Well I will admit I hated the ceremony, but I have been married 34 years and loved every minute of it. It has not been easy but one thing I could count on above all else is her-and she me. We are partners, getting married was part of cementing that partnership. As for Elvis I'm not sure he was ready to marry anyone, but he did- can't change it.

Suzan
09-22-2007, 07:52 AM
We may debate that Elvis never should've married. But one thing is for sure: he should never have married Priscilla! I agree!

Pris wasn't faithful either, before or after marriage, neither was a saint in that dept., 2 wrongs don't make a right, so both equally to blame in that regard.
I think Elvis wanted a "normal" life but you can avoid temptation and offers for so long, and I think he wanted a marriage like his mom and dad's that's what I've read. Also in Joe's book, yes he said lots of times Elvis wasn't intimate, just wanted someone next to him. jmo

Jailhouse-Rocker
09-22-2007, 09:44 AM
i dunno, i think getting married was a good thing for his IMAGE at least. It gave him a kind of maturity that could of drawn in more people who would not have liked him when he was a single rebellious youngster (if ya get what i mean?)

riley
09-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Suzan,

from what I've heard marriage of Gladys and Vernon was no good either.;)
It wasn't an example at all.:P

Diane
09-22-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't think Elvis should have married until later on in life when he was a little more settled. On the other hand, his life may have been even shorter if he hadn't had Lisa to love and make him think of someone else.

Diane

Donut
09-23-2007, 04:35 PM
I think Elvis should of stayed a bachelor.. he was not ready.. nor did he want to marry. Elvis was like Jesus, he loved all woman and probably never would of been faithful to just one. Yep, all of us loved him too. :hug: Dovey;)

LOL Good explanation

The King's Queen
09-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Welllllll...one thing's for sure, he should NEVER have married Pris! That was a complete fiasco. :doh: As to whether or not he should have married at all, I think he probably should have waited until he was more settled, or had more time to devote himself to a marriage. I don't really think that Elvis really wanted to get married, but he did, and the rest is history....

presley31
09-24-2007, 02:27 PM
I do believe elvis should of stayed single cause he couldnt be faithful to one person, but on the other hand l'am glad he got married and had Lisa to cherish and love.

Joe Car
09-24-2007, 03:44 PM
We may debate that Elvis never should've married. But one thing is for sure: he should never have married Priscilla! I agree!

Pris wasn't faithful either, before or after marriage, neither was a saint in that dept., 2 wrongs don't make a right, so both equally to blame in that regard.
I think Elvis wanted a "normal" life but you can avoid temptation and offers for so long, and I think he wanted a marriage like his mom and dad's that's what I've read. Also in Joe's book, yes he said lots of times Elvis wasn't intimate, just wanted someone next to him. jmo

I think as Elvis approached 40, sex with women wasn't important to him as it was in the past, he was looking more for companionship. Hey, when I hit 40, I didn't have sex as often as I did even 5 years earlier either, though I wasn't lying next to a different beautiful woman every night either.

edbdmiddy
09-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Yep, getting married to that there woman was the beginning of the end of Elvis. What a shame he had to go to the Army because his life would of been so different and he would of never good himself hooked up prissy and he might have found himself a good girl before it was to late. A woman can make or break a man and she sure did a job on him.God rest is soul he was a good man.