PDA

View Full Version : Elvis, The Final Chapter DVD

ksimms2
09-21-2007, 02:43 AM
well folks I finally received this in the mail today and just finished watching it. It was Joe Esposito, Sheila Ryan (an ex girlfriend) and a couple of others talking about Elvis life/death.

They really didn't say anything more than we've already heard. Whoever had this posted on ebay for $75 (I think someone said) is crazy. I paid $5.99 for mine - I wouldn't pay much more in my opinion.

Sheila Ryan was looking a bit trashy - tank top, no bra, kind of tasteless in my opinion. (sorry of this offends) She was talking about her life as his girlfriend, basically Joe E. picked her out of the audience to meet Elvis backstage (she referred to Joe as like a pimp - but she is friends with Joe) and she was with Elvis for like 2 years. She said being the lover was only a very small portion - the biggest thing he wanted was someone to care for him. She said the girlfriend had to watch him and make sure basically that he didn't die. The reason being is he would be eating but had taken his sleep meds and would literally fall asleep eating. They had to make sure he did not choke. Linda Thompson had mentioned that also. Sheila did say at the end and was very sad that she wished he would not have died.....

Joe E. told his same story as usual, but for some reason this time, he seemed more genuine about it. He also discussed the drugs and women - talked about Elvis' anger problems that were brought on by the pills. He did say it started in the army days (the pills) and that he and the others did try and make Elvis quit - but Elvis had to want to quit himself in order for it to work (which is very true)

Joe talked about the last days of Elvis' life - how bad he looked and they were worried each time he performed that he would not make it through the show but he always did.

The DVD runs about 60 minutes.....

I hope it's okay to give a rundown on it - and hope it does not offend anyone. I know people get very sensitive on here when you discuss anything negative about Elvis. I'm only letting you know how the DVD is.

:king:

john carpenter
06-08-2008, 07:42 PM
I own "Elvis the final chapter". I bought it at Walmart. It's interesting because Joe Esposito says.."someone started this rumor i gave Elvis mouth to mouth, i couldn't his mouth was sealed shut. Joe said on Geraldo (they did a show about Elvis being alive rumors) that he gave Elvis mouth to mouth. Contridictions, forgetfullness, or lies?:angry:

cameron
06-08-2008, 07:51 PM
I own "Elvis the final chapter". I bought it at Walmart. It's interesting because Joe Esposito says.."someone started this rumor i gave Elvis mouth to mouth, i couldn't his mouth was sealed shut. Joe said on Geraldo (they did a show about Elvis being alive rumors) that he gave Elvis mouth to mouth. Contridictions, forgetfullness, or lies?:angry:

I think that's what's so irritating to me. The different stories ,from the same person.
It's why I just choose to try and find out for myself.

Jungleroom76
06-10-2008, 01:19 AM
I've seen this video thanks to a friend of mine, and it was....interesting....to say the least!!! :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-10-2008, 10:38 AM
You all should check out Elvis the last 24 Hours if you haven't seen it, I found it MUCH better than the Final Chapter Dvd!;)