PDA

View Full Version : Elvis gave up too easily?

Trelane P
09-18-2007, 09:07 AM
I think Elvis gave up too easily. I mean, all he had to do was check the hotel pool filter to retrieve his money for the hotel bill and new racing car engine. Shame.

Suzan
09-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Excuse me? What does that mean?
I shouldn't even dignify this thread w/a response, but I would like to know what exactly you mean by this comment?
And no he did not give up to easily....far from it. I would like to see anyone, myself included, live the way he lived and pull it off...he reached a level of fame not travelled by anyone prior, he had to find his own way, he had huge amt's of pressure, so please if you mean this as negative as it comes across, stop and put yourself in his shoes, if you didn't mean anything negative then my apologies for thinking otherwise.

May
09-18-2007, 09:42 AM
I think the comment refers to Viva Las Vegas! Not a particularly tactful title I grant you.

RS277
09-18-2007, 09:45 AM
i think the reference is to viva las vegas

Suzan
09-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Thank you May...my apologies for thinking it was a negative comment.
The last part sounded familiar, but I am not one to quote his movies, as they aren't my fave part of his career, though I do enjoy watching Viva Las Vegas, Blue Hawaii (my fave), Charro and maybe 4 other's.lol
Again thank you for clarifying and my sincere apologies for thinking badly of the thread.

rocknroll
09-18-2007, 12:12 PM
I think Elvis gave up too easily. I mean, all he had to do was check the hotel pool filter to retrieve his money for the hotel bill and new racing car engine. Shame.

True.....so true.

jak
09-18-2007, 12:27 PM
I blame Priscilla for it.If she would have been a good companion Elvis wouldnt have been distracted and dropped the money to begin with.The he and Ann could have lived happily ever after.

Merry
09-18-2007, 12:38 PM
I blame Priscilla for it.If she would have been a good companion Elvis wouldnt have been distracted and dropped the money to begin with.The he and Ann could have lived happily ever after.

Huh? (Or are we tongue in cheek?).

The original poster is referring to the movie, and only the movie, "Viva Las Vegas".

Kim

Donut
09-18-2007, 12:59 PM

I agree with you but you have to keep in mind that if his brothers wouldn?t have returned from the war he would still be married to Debra and not throwing money into a swimming pool.

May
09-18-2007, 01:35 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jak
09-18-2007, 02:24 PM
I agree with you but you have to keep in mind that if his brothers wouldn?t have returned from the war he would still be married to Debra and not throwing money into a swimming pool.

He should have stayed hidden behind that rock instead of running down that hill.

Lisarose
09-18-2007, 02:55 PM
If he hadn't lost that money, there really wouldn't have been any reason to hang around the hotel - except for Ann - he still had to go back & race out in the desert! He had to win that singing contest so that he'd have the honeymoon package, too! :lol:

Donut
09-18-2007, 03:21 PM
He should have stayed hidden behind that rock instead of running down that hill.
LMAO don?t believe everything you read in books.
He ran down the hill because he lost 2 cents, he went running to them but some extra jumped from behind a tree and shot Elvis.

Donut
09-18-2007, 03:25 PM
If he hadn't lost that money, there really wouldn't have been any reason to hang around the hotel - except for Ann - he still had to go back & race out in the desert! He had to win that singing contest so that he'd have the honeymoon package, too! :lol:

You are right but that?s being out of topic LOL

Trelane P
09-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Nice to see a few of my fellow posters here share the same sense of humour...

Actually, I just bought the new DVD box set and am working my way through them. Stay Away Joe tonight. It's actually one of my 60's favourites. No story to speak of but great fun to watch.

TurnpikeTaylor
09-18-2007, 06:28 PM
I love "Stay Away Joe", its just a shade away from being a very good film, its almost like a very expensive home movie were they really go for it.

KPM
09-18-2007, 07:14 PM
He should have never rode off into the hills in that tattered shirt....

Getlo
09-18-2007, 07:17 PM
The fact remains that if Elvis wasn't so zonked out on his "medications" ... he never would have fallen off that diving board and lost his money in that pool to begin with!! :lmfao:

"Drugs are bad, mmmkay?"

KPM
09-18-2007, 07:39 PM
The fact remains that if Elvis wasn't so zonked out on his "medications" ... he never would have fallen off that diving board and lost his money in that pool to begin with!! :lmfao:

"Drugs are bad, mmmkay?"
(n)(n)(n)IMO

Getlo
09-18-2007, 07:45 PM
(n)(n)(n)IMO

Oh, lighten up FFS!

KPM
09-18-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm as light as a feather pal this was a light fluffy thread just for the fun of it-almost.

May
09-18-2007, 09:25 PM

but even before he was throwing money into pools, if Chadwick hadn't come home from the war - he wouldnt have married Ann OR Priscilla! :D

And Sara Lee wouldn't have to bake any more cakes!!! (n)

jak
09-18-2007, 11:36 PM
He should have never rode off into the hills in that tattered shirt....

He had no choice.The blackstar was over his shoulder.

spinout-designs
09-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Talk about a rookie mistake ......

First day's lesson in trapeeze artist training college has always been to make sure you dry your hands thoroughly after washing them and BEFORE attempting to catch a fellow 'Flying Windgren'.

Chalk on wet hands develops into a slippy paste and can have serious concequences ! Ask Mr Mike !

KPM
09-19-2007, 01:51 AM
If he hadn't kissed the girl in the cab he would have graduated and all would have been well.

Merry
09-19-2007, 02:06 AM

What could he have done with that honeymoon package?

:lmfao:

Lisarose
09-19-2007, 02:56 PM
but even before he was throwing money into pools, if Chadwick hadn't come home from the war - he wouldnt have married Ann OR Priscilla! :D

And Sara Lee wouldn't have to bake any more cakes!!! (n)

Yeah, he should just stayed on that surfboard, soaking up the sun!

KPM
09-19-2007, 09:23 PM
He left his finances to Kenny.... what a mistake.

Merry
09-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah, he should just stayed on that surfboard, soaking up the sun!

YES, YES, Elvis can surf out of the USA to Australia, keep on surfing baby! lol

(y) :hug:

Lisarose
09-20-2007, 03:06 AM
Nice to see a few of my fellow posters here share the same sense of humour...

Actually, I just bought the new DVD box set and am working my way through them. Stay Away Joe tonight. It's actually one of my 60's favourites. No story to speak of but great fun to watch.

Or maybe he should have stayed in college & gotten his doctorate & been a proliferate writer! But then the folks back home might have thought he'd 'gotten the big head!'

[I just completed my DVD collection, too!(y):D]

Jailhouse-Rocker
09-20-2007, 09:28 PM
ahhh .... can i just ask (hopefully not sounding too stupid) but even if Elvis checked the pool filters for his money ... wouldn't it be ... well ..... WET!? :lmfao: or am i being a right dunce here?

marijaep
09-20-2007, 09:29 PM
ahhh .... can i just ask (hopefully not sounding too stupid) but even if Elvis checked the pool filters for his money ... wouldn't it be ... well ..... WET!? :lmfao: or am i being a right dunce here?

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

KPM
09-20-2007, 11:21 PM
The hotel had dryers and it would have been simple to just put them in with his wet clothes -two birds with one stone!

Merry
09-21-2007, 12:24 AM
The hotel had dryers and it would have been simple to just put them in with his wet clothes -two birds with one stone!

Ahhh but the money would have melted, or stuck together OR, OR, OR.....become lint, then set on fire, then the whole place would have burned down......:hmm:

:lmfao:

Diane
09-21-2007, 01:55 AM
He could have asked the mermaid to retrieve the money then plaster the bills to her tail and she could have flapped them dry.

diane

Merry
09-21-2007, 02:23 AM
Passing irridescent doves, gently took the money by the corner, and gently, flapping their wings, took the dried and fluffy (freshly laundered) money to .........