PDA

View Full Version : Did Elvis and Karen Carpenter ever meet?

G-Man
09-13-2007, 02:31 AM
I have heard stories that Elvis and Karen Carpenter had met eachother before i was wandering if that was true or not? Elvis of course is my fav. Male singer but Karen was one of my fav. Female singers so i thought that would have been Awesome if they met before let me know if anyone knows thanks alot Gerald!!

Getlo
09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Yes, they did.

Elvis introduces Karen in the audience of one of the August 1975 Vegas shows. Can't remember which one right now. Somebody?

"Is your brother Richard with you?", he asks from the stage. As far as I know, Richard was not.

Karen went back stage that night and met with him.

Lonniebealestreet
09-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Allegedly Karen was actually somewhat rude to Elvis. She pretty much told him to sign something and was not very friendly, so the story goes. Elvis said he would autograph whatever she had if she asked nicely. I believe it was Marty who reported that in the Revelations book.

I love Karen's voice too. It was simply angelic. The Carpenters' Christmas album gets a lot of play by me during the holidays.

Getlo
09-13-2007, 04:01 PM
One thing's for sure ...

Elvis and Karen wouldn't have shared a hamburger backstage!

rocknroll
09-14-2007, 03:15 AM
One thing's for sure ...

Truer words were never spoken.

Tony Trout
09-14-2007, 03:52 AM
Allegedly Karen was actually somewhat rude to Elvis. She pretty much told him to sign something and was not very friendly, so the story goes. Elvis said he would autograph whatever she had if she asked nicely. I believe it was Marty who reported that in the Revelations book.

You are correct....after Karen rather rudely asked Elvis to sign a particular object he said, "I'd be glad to if you ask in a nicer way". I may be wrong with the exact quote but either way....Karen was way less than friendly with Elvis.

I love Karen's voice too. It was simply angelic. The Carpenters' Christmas album gets a lot of play by me during the holidays.

In my opinion, besides Elvis I believe that Karen Carpenter truly had one of the greatest voices I've ever heard. One of my favorite songs by "The Carpenters" is "Top Of The World".

ruggishboo
12-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Has anyone ever read that Petula Clark was with Karen when Elvis met them? Supposedly Elvis was trying to make some moves on Karen and Petula got them out of there. I saw this on a Carpenters website once. Just wondered if anyone had ever heard or read about that..

utmom2008
12-02-2007, 12:42 AM
One thing's for sure ...

;););) Getlo.....you are bad! :D:D:D

utmom2008
12-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Has anyone ever read that Petula Clark was with Karen when Elvis met them? Supposedly Elvis was trying to make some moves on Karen and Petula got them out of there. I saw this on a Carpenters website once. Just wondered if anyone had ever heard or read about that..
Petula Clark was in the audience and introduced by Elvis on Aug. 6,1973.