PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts about the 1979 20/20 cover up dvd/cd

rawkinlvs
09-10-2007, 06:33 PM
i just recieved this dvd/cd titled THE COVER UP that features the indepth investigation that geraldo rivera did in /79, it also features an odd cd, with excerpts of the show interspersed with tracks like bridge.. etc. i had seen this cover up show many a time and had it on vhs for years, but i just wanted a clear copy , and the seller sad that itwas just that a clear copy of the program, i really found that rivera really did his best at investigating the rumors of ELVIS drug habit and overdose, alot of unanswered questions that were quicly dealt with and they succeeded to find all the drugs that were inhis system at time of his death along with the perscriptions that were in his name, and also had expert analasiss from patholigists who performed the autopsy and independant labs, a hard show to watch, admitedly, but fascinating all the same, to me it seems clear that E.P. took himself out and o.d.'d, so what are your thoughts about this?

ksimms2
09-10-2007, 06:36 PM
wow, never saw this, now you make me want to.....

Getlo
09-10-2007, 06:37 PM
to me it seems clear that E.P. took himself out and o.d.'d

No way, not in a million years. You make it sound as if Elvis intentionally killed himself.

Not bloody likely.

Elvis died of a heart attack, primarily caused by polypharmacy.

He wouldn't have "taken himself out" (as you so eloquently put it) with Lisa in the house at the time!

ksimms2
09-10-2007, 06:41 PM
No way, not in a million years. You make it sound as if Elvis intentionally killed himself.

Not bloody likely.

Elvis died of a heart attack, primarily caused by polypharmacy.

He wouldn't have "taken himself out" (as you so eloquently put it) with Lisa in the house at the time!

Getlo, that's not the first time I've heard this....others have stated same thing....not that I believe it of course...I don't know, not would I claim to know. But I'm sure whatever DVD he has watched has convinced him it may be possible.

ms_epblvd
09-10-2007, 06:49 PM
If you are saying Elvis intentionally killed himself..NO WAY! He was an unhealthly man! Period....he had a heart attack because of many years of perscription drug abuse and a horrible diet. You take pills to wake you up and put you to sleep and eat a horrible diet every day and see how long you live? Let the poor man rest in peace.

ksimms2
09-10-2007, 07:42 PM
We aren't saying he did - we are saying that the DVD he purchased about a report of Geraldo says so. I also read it in another thread. But no way do I say it's true.....I wasn't there, I don't know. I go by the theory everyone else does that he died of a heart attack brought on by bad health and abuse of prescription meds. I think he was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on that particular investigation......I'm sure he does not want to be attacked, nor do I. Thanks.

rawkinlvs
09-11-2007, 06:01 PM
it's just my opinon, especially seeing as how he was very depressed, i even believe he just didn't want to be on stage, we all know he had no desire to record albums and even the cbs special was done with him agreeing to let them film the shows , nothing else , again thjis is just my opinion, when i followed the last 3 tours he did , i seen first hand that he liked performing some songs and others he just went on auto pilot, i also witnessed first hand a guy who was clearly , having a hard time getting through a 45 minute show. ELVIS performances now relied on his mood , over the years it was very evident, the first performance i witnessed was buffallo/apr/5/72, and i had 5th row right seats and he was very good, a little sluggish, but good , i also seen him in anaheimn on the 24/apr/73[this was a great show , tight no banter/foolin around , ELVIS wanted to perform and get it over with, the vegas shows on sept/01/74 had now shown E.P. in a differn't light- moody uninspiring, i filmed all shows i attended and you can clearly see a guy who was just loosing his passion for life.- just my opinion though,.