PDA

View Full Version : Dr Nick website

meg
09-05-2007, 10:34 AM
http://www.elvisdoctor.com/

Dovey
09-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Thanks for posting Meg, I found it rather funny :lmfao::lmfao: His daughter, Kissy will sell an original TLC necklace for a mear $15,000. Wow, everybody sure cashes in on Elvis. (Still a Gravy Train for so many people!!) Dovey;)

ksimms2
09-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Wanna know what is even sadder? If I had the money I'd buy that darn TCB necklace!!! Thanks for posting this link...even Dr. Nick and his family are getting in on the Elvis Cash Wagon.....sad.

EDOEP
09-05-2007, 12:40 PM
:hmm::hmm::hmm:

i wonder if he may still call himself a 'doctor'. thought he had been stripped of his title (his licence to practise) after his conviction at court a couple of years ago.

or may he still carry the title, but not practice any more?

apart from that ...... this is one book i definitely shall not buy. i feel he contributed to elvis' early death. don't buy his explanations about placebos etc.

and i detest even more the fact that he jumps on the elvis-money-train as well. the leecher-league certainly does not need another member. just my 2 pennies.

hugs, ellie

bittersuite
09-05-2007, 12:45 PM
These people make me so sick - I'll need a doctor but it certainly won't be him :angry:

The King's Queen
09-05-2007, 01:40 PM

i wonder if he may still call himself a 'doctor'. thought he had been stripped of his title (his licence to practise) after his conviction at court a couple of years ago.

apart from that ...... this is one book i definitely shall not buy. i feel he contributed to elvis' early death. don't buy his explanations about placebos etc.

and i detest even more the fact that he jumps on the elvis-money-train as well. the leecher-league certainly does not need another member. just my 2 pennies.

hugs, ellie

Good points Ellie! (y) Isn't it just amazing how many people crawl out from under their rocks to cash in on him??? It is sickening...:doh:

Diane
09-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks for posting the link Meg. Wow, another TRUE STORY.....I can hardly wait.:lol:

Diane

presley31
09-05-2007, 01:56 PM
wow. these people just don't stop, they come out of everywhere and cashing in on elvis. shame shame.

meg
09-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Wow, another TRUE STORY.....I can hardly wait.

Diane

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

EDOEP
09-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Good points Ellie! (y) Isn't it just amazing how many people crawl out from under their rocks to cash in on him??? It is sickening...:doh:

yeah, i just wondered ....

i don't know about the rules in the US (or the UK). i think to remember that in germany one also may not use the title any more. maybe in the US there is a kind of 'temporary suspension'?

the conviction was for 'breach of the rules' of his profession or so (maaaaaaaan, i'm growing old :'(), somehow connected to an overdose :lmfao: of prescriptions coming from his 'prescription pad' one more time, wasn't it?

hope some buddy can shed light on this topic.

hugs, ellie

The King's Queen
09-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Not sure about the actual laws concerning the use of the title of "Dr."...

In so much as I can recall...(which ain't too much these days...:P)...he was found guilty of polypharmacy. Too many prescriptions. He is just a quack..IMO. He liked the fringe benefits associated with being Elvis' doctor...and he risked it all to keep those benefits in tact. Sad little man...:blink: I hope he sleeps well at night...:mad:

poormansgold76
09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
know what who cares about Kissy is sale her TLC necklace, that's up to her, it's her's to sale, there people that sold things that own by Elvis and sold by Graceland in 1980's before it was opening, that's we had alot of soundboard releases of EPE sold them to people to keep it going, I post something liked this once.
This burns my @$# how fans act over things like that.
I got question if you own something by Elvis and you need money to pay something off, will you sold it to pay that bill off.
Number one I will I had too, I had sold my Few Box Sets that to pay bills in past, that I did with my Lp's Collection, I had too, but I don't what too.
I think that there are jelous people on the net
I'm sorry that this get me mad again, I'm going back doing my covers
Walk Mile In My shoes for day and let know how things going for you that day, because life wasn't made be easy for some us, some us have to work more harder in life and I'm one those people, god gave me a mountain to walk to the top everyday.
THat Mountain is getting harder to walk to top everyday.
Tom

presley31
09-05-2007, 03:11 PM
know what who cares about Kissy is sale her TLC necklace, that's up to her, it's her's to sale, there people that sold things that own by Elvis and sold by Graceland in 1980's before it was opening, that's we had alot of soundboard releases of EPE sold them to people to keep it going, I post something liked this once.
I got question if you own something by Elvis and you need money to pay something off, will you sold it to pay that bill off.
Number one I will I had too, I had sold my Few Box Sets that to pay bills in past, that I did with my Lp's Collection, I had too, but I don't what too.
Walk Mile In My shoes for day and let know how things going for you that day, because life wasn't made be easy for some us, some us have to work more harder in life and I'm one those people, god gave me a mountain to walk to the top everyday.
Tom

L can see where you comg from, but being fans we have a hard time accepting when people go and part with things that were very inportant. I don't like that fact that kissy sold something, but hey its her right, just plain silly if you ask me.

Diane
09-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Tom, it was different for you. Dr. Nick was a very wealthy man having made so much money off his celebrity patients. He should have had enough money to live in style for the rest of his life. If he's made some bad decisions or lived too well, I can't feel sorry for him if he's broke now.....especially considering how he made his living.

Diane

Tony Trout
09-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Elvis wasn't the only patient that "Dr. Nick" was accused of over-prescribing medications for....I think Jerry Lee Lewis was also a patient of his at one point....either way, it still makes me mad as :angry: that he's trying to make money off of his association with Elvis and his other famous clients.....

ksimms2
09-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Tom

Honey, I'm in the same boat as you...paycheck to paycheck and my husband is on disability only...so times are certainly tough...probably for most of us...I think it's the whole Dr. Nick and his family cashing in on Elvis thing though....not necessarily that his daughter is selling Elvis' necklace.....like I said..if I had the money I'd buy it....that's how much I'd like to have one - an original one - that Elvis had made.....hugs to you :hug: in hopes that things get better.....you are not alone, we've all been there.

Donut
09-05-2007, 03:47 PM
What truth is he going to tell? Wasn?t Dr. Nick who said Elvis died from a karate chop in his neck?

Dovey
09-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Sorry If I upset you Tom. I really can not say it any better than Diane already did... Dr. Nick did very well by Elvis ($$$$$$$$) Yep, you are right if his daughter really needs the money nothing wrong with selling the necklace.

I guess I would look at Dr. Nick much differently than I do You or I ... We are not rich .. I was never rich and never will be rich so I do not know how this family lives but I do know that Elvis provided very well for them when he was alive. I do know for sure that I would have invested some of the money for the future Elvis was very generous to Dr. Nick.

You are a good person Tom and I like you... so really do not like to upset you. Take care.. dovey ;)

poormansgold76
09-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Honey, I'm in the same boat as you...paycheck to paycheck and my husband is on disability only...so times are certainly tough...probably for most of us...I think it's the whole Dr. Nick and his family cashing in on Elvis thing though....not necessarily that his daughter is selling Elvis' necklace.....like I said..if I had the money I'd buy it....that's how much I'd like to have one - an original one - that Elvis had made.....hugs to you :hug: in hopes that things get better.....you are not alone, we've all been there.

Thanks ksimms2, I'm on disability too, there people that work hard they got now, I know that Elvis work hard for things but he knows how hard to been without money.
Me and wife went to see the special slowing of 1968 comeback at movie place, An friend won tickets for the slowing he give them to me, I got the poster, we got sitting down and we look around and I feel that I was out of place there , people have Elvis t- shirts and more, here this person wearing a spirt-car shrit in blue jeans, my wife wasn't big fan of Elvis she say look at those people around us, they look nuts and cazy, I say that's Elvis fans are they love him to pieces.
I say I'm diff'net kind of Elvis Fan, I don't go over board, because I learn that 20 years ago people look at me and saying that I'm cazy or nuts, I only order Elvis music and have belt have Elvis on it. I stop wear that belt. and stop special only, because I got tried people looking at me funny.
I still play his music not much I was.
Maybe I over act at times . Tom

Diane
09-05-2007, 04:30 PM
You don't need to over-do or buy every piece of Elvis memorabilia to be a true Elvis fan Tom, in fact you don't need to buy a single item. If you love the man and his music, you are a true fan.

A lot of those people you see all decked out in clothes with Elvis' name or pictures on them are just showing off and wanting attention and have no idea what Elvis is really all about.

Diane

poormansgold76
09-05-2007, 04:41 PM
You are right Diane.

The King's Queen
09-05-2007, 05:17 PM
You don't need to over-do or buy every piece of Elvis memorabilia to be a true Elvis fan Tom, in fact you don't need to buy a single item. If you love the man and his music, you are a true fan.

A lot of those people you see all decked out in clothes with Elvis' name or pictures on them are just showing off and wanting attention and have no idea what Elvis is really all about.

Diane

Sooo true Diane....(y) It doesn't cost a dime to be loyal or to love unconditionally....:!: :king::hug:

alstrada
09-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Stuff found in EP'body...in others..
http://dessaintes.webbuilder02.hostbasket.com/page135893.htm

Getlo
09-05-2007, 05:25 PM
being fans we have a hard time accepting when people go and part with things that were very inportant. I don't like that fact that kissy sold something, but hey its her right, just plain silly if you ask me.

Sorry, but speak for yourself here.

No one knows the reason why Dr Nick's daughter is selling the necklace; she may need the money for herself or a child. Or something medical.

Elvis would be the first one to say "Sell it" if indeed that's the case.

And even if it's not, he'd still say the same thing. She has every right to sell it, and no one has the right to judge.

If I had something Elvis had given me, and I needed the money for a good reason, you can bet I'd try and get the highest amount for it.

(By the by, about 15 years ago, a woman who needed a kidney transplant - if memory serves - decided to sell a necklace Elvis had given her as a child during a concert in '73 or so).

Getlo
09-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Stuff found in EP'body...in others..
http://dessaintes.webbuilder02.hostbasket.com/page135893.htm

The prescription featured here is fake.

It is a fascimile, and was included with the original pressing of the bootleg LP, ELVIS' GREATEST S**T (which isn't actually a bad album, really).

presley31
09-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Sorry, but speak for yourself here.

No one knows the reason why Dr Nick's daughter is selling the necklace; she may need the money for herself or a child. Or something medical.

Elvis would be the first one to say "Sell it" if indeed that's the case.

And even if it's not, he'd still say the same thing. She has every right to sell it, and no one has the right to judge.

If I had something Elvis had given me, and I needed the money for a good reason, you can bet I'd try and get the highest amount for it.

(By the by, about 15 years ago, a woman who needed a kidney transplant - if memory serves - decided to sell a necklace Elvis had given her as a child during a concert in '73 or so.

we all have different opinions Getlo and btw nick doesn't need to pawn anything considering he has money:angry::angry::angry:

Getlo
09-05-2007, 05:39 PM
we all have different opinions Getlo and btw nick doesn't need to pawn anything considering he has money:angry::angry::angry:

Why is it you go off with :angry: etc every time someone disagrees with you? Like in the "Did Lisa sing live?" thread, you responded to another poster "I have her cds, and btw she didn't mine (mime) nothing:angry::angry::angry:" when all this person said was that she believed Lisa mimed at the recent Memphis show.

As you say, we all have opinions and I will express mine on these threads just like everyone else.

You said, "being fans we have a hard time accepting when people go and part with things that were very inportant". No, not "we".

And it's Nick's daughter selling the necklace I believe.

Have a nice day. :D

presley31
09-05-2007, 05:46 PM
l was making angry faces about nick, sheesh.

Vissie
09-05-2007, 06:04 PM

hugs, ellie

In 1995, the Tennessee Medical Board rescinded Dr Nichopoulos's license after finding him guilty of unethical conduct, gross malpractice, prescribing drugs without a legitimate purpose and prescribing them to addicted patients without trying to cure them.

In 1977 alone, he wrote Elvis prescriptions for 10,000 doses of uppers, downers and assorted narcotics.

EDOEP
09-05-2007, 06:19 PM
In 1995, the Tennessee Medical Board rescinded Dr Nichopoulos's license after finding him guilty of unethical conduct, gross malpractice, prescribing drugs without a legitimate purpose and prescribing them to addicted patients without trying to cure them.

In 1977 alone, he wrote Elvis prescriptions for 10,000 doses of uppers, downers and assorted narcotics.

thank you very much, vissie :hug:. so obviously he never got his licence back.

i heard about huge amounts of medication in 1977 ... as i said, i do believe he was partly responsible for elvis' early passing since he had been around for a decade by that time and probably prescribed plenty (too much) of that stuff in earlier years as well.

hugs, ellie

Getlo
09-05-2007, 06:22 PM

But, in fairness, not all of these were for Elvis. Much of it was for the MM, family members etc.

Diane
09-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Ahhh Getlo, thank you :hug: Here's where the "enablers" come in....what would the MM have done without Elvis having doctor Nick supplying all the feel good meds?

I also wonder what they would have said if Elvis suddenly said he'd decided they were ALL going to stop taking the pills?:supriced:

Diane

Vissie
09-05-2007, 06:32 PM
thank you very much, vissie :hug:. so obviously he never got his licence back.

i heard about huge amounts of medication in 1977 ... as i said, i do believe he was partly responsible for elvis' early passing since he had been around for a decade by that time and probably prescribed plenty (too much) of that stuff in earlier years as well.

hugs, ellie

It takes a lot of evidence to strip someone of their medical license. It is not something that is done easily or without profound provocation. He is no longer a medical doctor and, as I understand, he now works for FedEx processing insurance claims. However, I guess his new $$$ venture will take priority.

The King's Queen
09-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Ahhh Getlo, thank you :hug: Here's where the "enablers" come in....what would the MM have done without Elvis having doctor Nick supplying all the feel good meds?

I also wonder what they would have said if Elvis suddenly said he'd decided they were ALL going to stop taking the pills?:supriced:

Diane

Great point girl! :clap:

Vissie
09-05-2007, 06:42 PM
But, in fairness, not all of these were for Elvis. Much of it was for the MM, family members etc.

At this point, I don't agree with your statement. From what I've been reading, the majority of prescriptions issued to the MM and family members were meant for Elvis.

The Medical Board Tribunal heard evidence of astounding volumes of prescriptions written by Dr Nick. Between 1975 and 1977, he had prescribed 19,000 doses of drugs. In the first eight months of 1977 alone, he had written 199 prescriptions totaling more than 10,000 doses of sedatives, amphetamines and narcotics: all in Elvis's name.

EDOEP
09-05-2007, 06:43 PM

Diane

nothing ..... they all would have been on 'cold turkey' for weeks :P

The King's Queen
09-05-2007, 06:46 PM
nothing ..... they all would have been on 'cold turkey' for weeks :P

:hmm: Yes, and I'm sure many of them wouldn't have liked that much either! :blink:

Getlo
09-05-2007, 06:54 PM
In the first eight months of 1977 alone, he had written 199 prescriptions totaling more than 10,000 doses of sedatives, amphetamines and narcotics: all in Elvis's name.

Yes, the scrips were in Elvis' name.

But as much of an addict Elvis was, not even he could've taken 10,000 doses in eight months.

The MM have admitted on many occasions that some of the scrips were for them.

Vissie
09-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Yes, the scrips were in Elvis' name.

But as much of an addict Elvis was, not even he could've taken 10,000 doses in eight months.

The MM have admitted on many occasions that some of the scrips were for them.

The scrips were in El's name because they were prescribed for him to take. When, where and how many he took would be something only he would truly know.

There are extremely strict guidelines in place regarding a physician's ability to prescribe medication. The removal of the doctor's medical license wasn't based on how many pills Elvis took. It was based on the amount of prescriptions issued.

Getlo
09-05-2007, 07:08 PM
The scrips were in El's name because they were prescribed [I]for him to take.

That may well be true ... but he didn't take them all.

See:

Elvis What Happened;
Goldman book (as much as people moan about this, there is some worthy content);
The Death of Elvis;
The Final Years etc

From Jerry Hopkins' The Final Years:

But the quantity and variety Dr. Nick prescribed challenged all credibility. Two years after Elvis' death, a computer check of prescriptions issued in the Memphis area showed that in the final seven months of Elvis' life, George Nichopoulos prescribed 5300 uppers, downers and painkillers for Elvis. That's an average of about twenty-five pills or injectable vials a day.

Vissie
09-05-2007, 07:18 PM
That may well be true ... but he didn't take them all.

See:

Elvis What Happened;
Goldman book (as much as people moan about this, there is some worthy content);
The Death of Elvis;
The Final Years etc

From Jerry Hopkins' The Final Years:

But the quantity and variety Dr. Nick prescribed challenged all credibility. Two years after Elvis' death, a computer check of prescriptions issued in the Memphis area showed that in the final seven months of Elvis' life, George Nichopoulos prescribed 5300 uppers, downers and painkillers for Elvis. That's an average of about twenty-five pills or injectable vials a day.

Getlo, you're not on the same page. We aren't talking about whether or how many pills Elvis actually swallowed. That has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

We are talking about a medical licensing issue. Let me see if this helps. If Dr. Nick had prescribed the 10,000 pills to Getlo (the dog) he *still* would have been prosecuted for malpractice and lost his license.

jak
09-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Dr Nick is the one who gets talked about with the drug issue and rightfully so.Just be reminded that Elvis had several doctors besides Nick getting him drugs.Elvis always had a source.It's true that others took some of those pillls but the sheer quantity was staggering especially considereing multiple doctors were prescribing to him.When you look at the situation logically it's hard to use his health as a justifable reason for those pills.There is just no way.Elvis actively pursued the drugs he wanted and he ended paying the price.No matter what you think of the MM those guys were able to handle it while Elvis couldnt.Obviously Elvis had the worse addiction out of all of them.Looking back to me it seems plausible that Red and Sonny could have been fired for approaching Elvis about his drug problem.
Jak

Getlo
09-05-2007, 08:23 PM
.No matter what you think of the MM those guys were able to handle it while Elvis couldnt.

Also, jak, the MM managed to actually hold back a lot of the drugs that Elvis was trying to get through.

And yeah, I know some of you blinkered MM haters on here will disagree, but that's the real deal ...

Diane
09-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Had Elvis taken all the prescribed medicines Dr. Nick issued he would have died of an overdose many years ago. They may have been in Elvis' name but the MM partook in a great number of them....that's why the number of prescriptions in Elvis' name was so high..........common sense!!!!!

Diane

poormansgold76
09-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Had Elvis taken all the prescribed medicines Dr. Nick issued he would have died of an overdose many years ago. They may have been in Elvis' name but the MM partook in a great number of them....that's why the number of prescriptions in Elvis' name was so high..........common sense!!!!!

Diane

We know He took pills Back In 1958 went He was in Germany to keep his self not falling to sleep on duty,
another thing we hear that he may had bone cancer, he took pills that for cancer that time, I don't know word of pill.
We needed to keep opening mind about things.
Tom

jak
09-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Also, jak, the MM managed to actually hold back a lot of the drugs that Elvis was trying to get through.

And yeah, I know some of you blinkered MM haters on here will disagree, but that's the real deal ...

Youre right.Those guys did try to help him but it was no use.It's a fact that Nick tried also but it was useless.It's an absolute shame that someone as unique as Elvis fell into that trap.I've often wondered how somebody so special could fall victim to such a fate.
Jak

jak
09-05-2007, 09:54 PM

Diane

Diane
What you said is common sense.No way Elvis took them all.My point was that it's obvious by the quantity that the drugs were for recreational use and not medicinal.He was sharing them.However it's Elvis that was the worse off.By that I just mean the rest of the guys didnt end up in the condition that Elvis got into.I know it's depressing to talk about but it's part of his story.
Jak

ksimms2
09-05-2007, 10:02 PM
that is sickening to know! good lord! that is certainly feeding ones habits - an enabler.

4THEHEART
09-05-2007, 10:22 PM
"guys didnt end up in the condition that Elvis got into.
Jak[/quote]

now they are alive but Elvis is dead and that makes him addicted(in the way you think) and the guys clean..what's going on here for earth's sake..:blink:people get sick and die individually..him,being dead is not makes your theory correct,how can you be so sure of the reason of his death that day..you are really amazing..

Himselvis
09-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Ya'll have to remember how much Dr.Nick made off of Elvis to begin with. First , he not only drew his salary that Elvis paid him but he also drew the salary that Elvis paid his medical group to let him go out on the road with him. Not to mention the quarter of a million dollars or so that E "loaned " him in the early 70's to buy a house. Along with the Linclolns, Mercedes and various Cadillacs that he accumulated. Did i mention jewelry? Dr. Nic had a great eye for jewelry and had expensive taste to match. Almost forgot to mention the Racquetball fiasco that Nic and Esposito talked E into investing in. Dr. Nic was not all bad of course but when it comes to gifts from Elvis...he's got a houseful.(y)

Himselvis
09-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Missed out on the topic of the prescriptions sorry about that. Dr. Nic definitely did try and regulate what E was taking but as someone else mentioned...there were Doctors lined up to get E whatever he wanted. He was practically impossible to say no too. As guys close to E used to say he could charm the birds out of the tree and he could also influence Doctors with expensive gifts as I'm sure those of you here knew Elvis was want to do,

The King's Queen
09-05-2007, 10:50 PM
I know it's depressing to talk about but it's part of his story.

One thing's for sure...you are right about this...it is depressing to talk about. I'd much rather think about the good things he did and accomplished in his short life. I believe that they all used. Every single one of them. Elvis was maybe just a weaker vessel...that combined with his legitimate health problems created an even bigger problem for him. But I'm putting on my rose-colored glasses again and saying that it doesn't matter to me whether or not he was addicted, for I cannot change the course of history...all I can do is love him for the man that he was inside, and the wonderful talents that he posessed. I will always remember him as a great human being. :'( :king:

Diane
09-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Jak, do you think maybe Elvis was more addicted because he had less of a public life to go out and do things like normal people can to keep their minds off problems etc.....aside from the addictive personality? The MM could pretty much come and go as they pleased but Elvis was very limited.

Maybe Dr. Nick did try to cut him back but I feel it was because Elvis was beginning to show it and it could get him into hot water? Now I wouldn't say this if we didn't know that he'd been prescribing for other celebrities the same way and finally did get caught and lost his license to practice.

The other doctors Elvis charmed into giving him prescriptions could have said no as what could Elvis have done to them? They went along with it because they were also unethical. So Elvis went after it.....that's what an addict does. He was completely surrounded with enablers every where he turned. They all made it easy for him therefore they all share the blame.

I'd advise anyone who doesn't agree with this to attend an AA meeting and see what is said about addictions.

Diane

franny
09-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Here's what it said on wikipedia about Dr. Nick...

franny

In 1980, he was indicted on 14 counts of overprescribing drugs to Elvis Presley and Jerry Lee Lewis, as well as twelve other patients. The district-attorney ruled out murder charges because of the conflicting medical opinions about the cause of Presley's death. The jury concluded that he had tried to act in the best interests of his patients. He was acquitted on all counts. Also in 1980, the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners found him guilty of overprescription, but decided that he was not unethical. They imposed three months' suspension of his licence and three years' probation.

In 1995 Nichopoulos had his license permanently suspended by the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners, after it was revealed that he had been overprescribing to numerous patients for years. Dr. Nichopoulos claimed it was for patients that suffered from inoperable chronic pain, but he was unsuccessful in his defense. During his many appeals, Dr Nick admitted to the board that he had overprescribed. 'I cared too much,' he told them. During his court cases many friends supported him, raising money and holding benefits to pay for court costs.

rocknroll
09-06-2007, 12:57 AM

Yes, I believe the suspension was only for a few months.

Indeed, Dr. Nick prescribed way too much, but he also was the only doctor to attampt to dry Elvis out. Elvis would not have any of it. If Dr. Nick didn't prescribe them, someone else would have, He wasn't Elvis' only doctor guilty of this.

To his credit (somewhat), at least he has waited 30 years before trying to cash in. I'll pass on the book though.

jak
09-06-2007, 01:43 AM
"guys didnt end up in the condition that Elvis got into.
Jak

now they are alive but Elvis is dead and that makes him addicted(in the way you think) and the guys clean..what's going on here for earth's sake..:blink:people get sick and die individually..him,being dead is not makes your theory correct,how can you be so sure of the reason of his death that day..you are really amazing..[/QUOTE]

There are many examples that support what I said.Elvis nearly overdosed several times.He was nearly comatose for long stretches including even when he was on stage.Elvis couldnt even take care of himself.He had to be watched like a baby.The other guys in the MM did not get in the grips of the drugs like Elvis did.The fact is that they pulled out of it and led normal lives.the drugs didnt destroy their lives.The drugs did in fact destroy Elvis' life.
Jak

jak
09-06-2007, 01:53 AM
Jak, do you think maybe Elvis was more addicted because he had less of a public life to go out and do things like normal people can to keep their minds off problems etc.....aside from the addictive personality? The MM could pretty much come and go as they pleased but Elvis was very limited.

Maybe Dr. Nick did try to cut him back but I feel it was because Elvis was beginning to show it and it could get him into hot water? Now I wouldn't say this if we didn't know that he'd been prescribing for other celebrities the same way and finally did get caught and lost his license to practice.

The other doctors Elvis charmed into giving him prescriptions could have said no as what could Elvis have done to them? They went along with it because they were also unethical. So Elvis went after it.....that's what an addict does. He was completely surrounded with enablers every where he turned. They all made it easy for him therefore they all share the blame.

I'd advise anyone who doesn't agree with this to attend an AA meeting and see what is said about addictions.

Diane

Diane
We will never know why Elvis became so dependent on drugs.I cant comprehend it myself.The guy seemingly had it all.I think the stories of Elvis wanting a normal life are exaggerated.I think Elvis liked being Elvis.He loved attention.What's the old cliche?It goes something like he burned so bright he just burned out sooner.Elvis was an amazing person that had a fatal flaw.I never say Elvis had a tragic life.Nobody has ever been loved by so many.His life is one of the greatest success stories ever.He just had a tragic ending.He deserved much better.I know I always point out his flaws in that area,yet i feel just as compassionate about him as anyone.
i think Nick was in a tough spot.I believe he cared for Elvis deeply.He did try to control Elvis' intake.Elvis would chastise him when these attempts were made.Nick was unethical.You dont borrow from your patients or get that close.He made many mistakes but I personally dont see him as a complete villian.It would be hard for any of us to realize what it must have been like dealing with Elvis.I have mixed emotions about Nick.
Jak

Diane
09-06-2007, 02:26 AM
I know you feel compassion for Elvis Jak, that's pretty evident to me. I guess I take the softer line because I do know up front and personal about addiction since my dad was an alcoholic. I watched him struggle and lose but he was the best dad and husband a person could ask for in spite of it. When he was sober he had the keenest mind, great sense of humor and the most common sense I've seen in anyone. He was a binger not a constant drinker so I saw the positive side of him more than the addict.

The most important thing that was said in Al Anon for the families was that yes the decision to stop would have to come from him but we could not enable him in any way as an addict needs every ounce of emotional strength and support he can gather. It would be like a smoker trying to stop when there are a dozen smoker's blowing smoke in his face.

I keep getting this gut feeling that the MM didn't particularly want Elvis to stop because they would have to too and they were having too much fun, but then when it got really serious they were getting scared. I think Dr. Nick wanted to stay on the gravy train....sorry wish I could give him some slack but I just don't feel his intentions were good, not when he was doing the same to so many others. Caring too much.......nope, don't believe it.

Diane

Getlo
09-06-2007, 05:48 AM
.The other guys in the MM did not get in the grips of the drugs like Elvis did.The fact is that they pulled out of it and led normal lives.the drugs didnt destroy their lives.The drugs did in fact destroy Elvis' life.

Hard thing to say, jak, but that's an irrefutable truth, IMO.

I know Sonny, for instance, never took the "pain stuff" as he called it; he preferred the uppers and downers mostly.

Getlo
09-06-2007, 05:51 AM
I never say Elvis had a tragic life.

But it sure was a tragic (and ultimately unnecessary) death.

And you're right, jak ... Elvis loved being "E-L-V-I-S". A "normal" life would've bored him ... well, to death.

toffe
09-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Thank you meg, very nice site:blush:

4THEHEART
09-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't think he was unhappy because of who he was .He loved to Be loved and was in love with giving and loving others..I feel more like he was out of place,a strange thing to say maybe but even in his own unique body he was a stranger..accepted what he was given with joy and appreciation and shared everything he could enjoyed with others..he didn't play the bored famous character,instead tried hard to broke the bordom with a laughter or something silly for himself and others,when he felt it's coming all over him..we can't expect more than this from a human being..on the other hand,I feel like he needed the right environment for his ever expanding spirit,this world and life became limited for him and maybe he needed a different kind of freedom and a deeper source of knowledge which,one cannot get on earth and he finally found it ..
as for those mm again,well an alive but sleeping Elvis was the best thing for them,and if they tried hard for anything,that must be it,an Elvis out of their way but still supplying all they needed..yes for a little while they got it but this dream has ended too.

ksimms2
09-06-2007, 02:34 PM
Diane
We will never know why Elvis became so dependent on drugs.I cant comprehend it myself.The guy seemingly had it all.I think the stories of Elvis wanting a normal life are exaggerated.I think Elvis liked being Elvis.He loved attention.What's the old cliche?It goes something like he burned so bright he just burned out sooner.Elvis was an amazing person that had a fatal flaw.I never say Elvis had a tragic life.Nobody has ever been loved by so many.His life is one of the greatest success stories ever.He just had a tragic ending.He deserved much better.I know I always point out his flaws in that area,yet i feel just as compassionate about him as anyone.
i think Nick was in a tough spot.I believe he cared for Elvis deeply.He did try to control Elvis' intake.Elvis would chastise him when these attempts were made.Nick was unethical.You dont borrow from your patients or get that close.He made many mistakes but I personally dont see him as a complete villian.It would be hard for any of us to realize what it must have been like dealing with Elvis.I have mixed emotions about Nick.
Jak

JAK - I really like the way you put that....(y)

Vissie
09-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Yes, I believe the suspension was only for a few months.

No, I believe it was permanent. He is no longer a medical doctor in any state.

Diane
09-06-2007, 05:33 PM
I think if Elvis had never gotten famous, he still wouldn't have had a boring life...it wasn't in him. He would have created tons of situations to liven if up.:)

Diane

Vissie
09-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I think if Elvis had never gotten famous, he still wouldn't have had a boring life...it wasn't in him. He would have created tons of situations to liven if up.:)

Diane

I agree Diane ~

I think we all know someone like that in our private lives. The guy who is fun to be around, always cooking up some fun scheme, winking, smiling... ;)

Himselvis
09-06-2007, 06:48 PM
I think Dr. Nick must still be practicing because the other day on memphis Sounds, GK's tv program, he was interviewed by GK and George stated that Dr. Nick has been his personal Dr. since 1968 and that he still is. Just reporting what i heard the other day.

Vissie
09-06-2007, 06:59 PM
I think Dr. Nick must still be practicing because the other day on memphis Sounds, GK's tv program, he was interviewed by GK and George stated that Dr. Nick has been his personal Dr. since 1968 and that he still is. Just reporting what i heard the other day.

Not sure why he was saying that? His medical license was permanently suspended by the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners in 1995.

mislulu
09-06-2007, 07:13 PM
What truth is he going to tell? Wasn?t Dr. Nick who said Elvis died from a karate chop in his neck?

:lmfao: i have never heard of that! :lmfao: Good one Donut! Learn something new every day! :D

mislulu
09-06-2007, 07:16 PM
l was making angry faces about nick, sheesh.

Go Jen go! :lmfao:

Wendy56
09-09-2007, 06:12 AM
I hate that "doctor"... No more comments.

09-09-2007, 01:08 PM
I hate that "doctor"... No more comments.

I really don't see why people have such hatred towards Dr Nick.

Elias Ghanheim (sp?) is just as much to blame for his lax treatment of Elvis, but it is Elvis who knew he had a problem and who failed to deal with it when help was offered.

A lot of things about Nick are greatley exagerated and personally I find him a nice individual, very nice to speak with and something people here should consider, most of Elvis's friends still speak with Dr Nick and hold no grudge against him.

I think most understand it was Elvis who had the problem and the main problem was that Nick may prescribe something for Elvis, not knowing what Elvis was after getting off other doctors and vice versa. Elvis was playing each doctor off the other and not saying what he had already recieved.

Getlo
09-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Elvis was playing each doctor off the other and not saying what he had already recieved.

Indeed ... (y)

Tony Trout
09-09-2007, 02:24 PM

Elias Ghanheim (sp?) is just as much to blame for his lax treatment of Elvis, but it is Elvis who knew he had a problem and who failed to deal with it when help was offered.

A lot of things about Nick are greatley exagerated and personally I find him a nice individual, very nice to speak with and something people here should consider, most of Elvis's friends still speak with Dr Nick and hold no grudge against him.

I think most understand it was Elvis who had the problem and the main problem was that Nick may prescribe something for Elvis, not knowing what Elvis was after getting off other doctors and vice versa. Elvis was playing each doctor off the other and not saying what he had already recieved.

Dr. Nichopolous and Dr. Elias Ghanem aren't the only one's who were prescribing stuff for Elvis that he didn't need in the first place. There was also Dr. Flash Newman (the Hilton physician) and Dr. George Kaplan who also prescribed stuff for Elvis.

If we're gonna blame Dr. Nick for everything why not include these other doctors (yes, I know that Elias Ghanem passed away a few years ago)....

Elvis's own worst enemy was Elvis himself...he's the only one to really blame in the end because he chose to take the stuff...the doctors didn't force him to...by 1973 the problem was way out of control and beyond anyone's reach and there was nothing that anyone could've done. Sure, they tried but each time they tried to "detox" Elvis he went right back to taking it so none of these attempts at "detox" really worked because Elvis didn't want to stop doing the drugs.

09-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Exactly.

Elvis had plenty supplying him what he wanted. To lay the blame at Nick's door is not only foolish but also ignorant of the situation at hand.

I just wonder when people will accept that Elvis killed Elvis due to Elvis's lifestyle and drug dependency. It is no one else's fault.

Does anyone here believe that the doctors actively encouraged him to read the physicans desk reference?

Dr Nick is one of the few people who can help explain Elvis's drug abuse and the methods Elvis employed. Dr Nick is also part of Elvis's legacy whether people like it or not.

And thanks for poiting out Flash Tony, some of the stories about him are very ineteresting!

ksimms2
09-09-2007, 03:48 PM
you guys make very good points......

Vissie
09-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Dr. Nick abused his medical privileges. Which is exactly why he lost his license forever.

Drugs he prescribed to Elvis on August 15, 1977...

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/052506/Miscellaneous/6114afd3.jpg

People need to understand the absolute difference between the acts of an incompetent physician and the patient he abused.

Getlo
09-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Dr. Nick abused his medical privileges. Which is exactly why he lost his license forever.

People need to understand the absolute difference between the acts of an incompetent physician and the patient he abused.

This scrip is fake! Sorry ...

09-09-2007, 04:49 PM

Thats fake, if you are going to question him please do so on authentic images of what he prescribed for Elvis while also taking into account that he was looking after everyone in the group.

Have you ever heard the story from Dr Nick?

Getlo
09-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Thats fake, if you are going to question him please do so on authentic images of what he prescribed for Elvis while also taking into account that he was looking after everyone in the group.

Yeah, it's fake. As I said earlier, it was included in the bootleg LP Elvis' Greatest S**t some years back ...

Vissie
09-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Ok, let's say the prescription is fake. But then again, let's look at the cold hard facts.

His medical license was revoked permanently.

Now, why do you think that is? Actually, that's a rhetorical question because the evidence and documentation show that he abused his medical privileges.

There is no absolving him. There is no excuse that anyone can provide. He was reviewed, found to be guilty and removed from the medical community.

Diane
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Amen......Thank you Vissie. Dr. Nick did this time and again with other celebrities....doesn't that SAY something to you unbelievers? Is he going to say that it wasn't his fault because the others also had other doctors they were going to and that they ALL had Elvis' addictive personality and undeniability? That comment of his saying he "cared too much" just boils my blood!

Diane

presley31
09-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Ok, let's say the prescription is fake. But then again, let's look at the cold hard facts.

Now, why do you think that is? Actually, that's a rhetorical question because the evidence and documentation show that he abused his medical privileges.

There is no absolving him. There is no excuse that anyone can provide. He was reviewed, found to be guilty and removed from the medical community.

well said Vissie(y)

Vissie
09-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Amen......Thank you Vissie. Dr. Nick did this time and again with other celebrities....doesn't that SAY something to you unbelievers? Is he going to say that it wasn't his fault because the others also had other doctors they were going to and that they ALL had Elvis' addictive personality and undeniability? That comment of his saying he "cared too much" just boils my blood!

Diane

Diane, imo, I believe that Dr. Nick was highly unethical in addition to his shoddy medical practices. He borrowed so much money from Elvis and worked to get him in involved in the racquetball venture.

In 1975, Dr. Nick borrowed $200,000 from Elvis. On March 3, 1977, he borrowed an additional $55,000. One only has to ask themselves, exactly whom was indebted to whom? :hmm:

It is a matter of professional integrity. If your patient loans you a large sum of money, are you going to sacrifice your medical oath?

jak
09-09-2007, 05:47 PM

I dont think anybody would dispute that Nick was wrong in the way he conducted his relationship with Elvis.That is a fact.Another fact is that he did try to limit Elvis' drug intake but it was impossible.Dr Nick is not the guy responsibile for getting Elvis on drugs nor is he totally responsibile for his death.Elvis had several other doctors keeping him supplied with what he wanted.The key phrase being "what he wanted" not needed.Elvis was going to get his drugs.Dr Nick was just the closest and most high profile guy associated with Elvis' problem.He's the easiest target.I do believe he should have got his license revoked.I just dont believe he was the monster that some portray him as.
Jak

Vissie
09-09-2007, 05:59 PM
I dont think anybody would dispute that Nick was wrong in the way he conducted his relationship with Elvis.That is a fact.Another fact is that he did try to limit Elvis' drug intake but it was impossible.Dr Nick is not the guy responsibile for getting Elvis on drugs nor is he totally responsibile for his death.Elvis had several other doctors keeping him supplied with what he wanted.The key phrase being "what he wanted" not needed.Elvis was going to get his drugs.Dr Nick was just the closest and most high profile guy associated with Elvis' problem.He's the easiest target.I do believe he should have got his license revoked.I just dont believe he was the monster that some portray him as.
Jak

Jak, here's a little quiz for you ;)

1) Did the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners permanently revoked Dr. Nick's medical license in 1995?

A) True B) False

2) If you answered true, please explain why.

jak
09-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Jak, here's a little quiz for you ;)

1) Did the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners permanently revoked Dr. Nick's medical license in 1995?

A) True B) False

2) If you answered true, please explain why.

As I stated before nobody is disputing his license being revoked for overprescribing.What i am saying he was being pressured by Elvis for the drugs.That's why Elvis loaned him money.Just to keep Nick under his thumb so to speak.If Nick wasnt giving Elvis the drugs others woulds have.Nick tried to control it at least.Dont forget that when Nick wasnt around Elvis got worse and couldnt function.Nick at least tried to manage his drug intake.
Jak

Vissie
09-09-2007, 06:17 PM
As I stated before nobody is disputing his license being revoked for overprescribing.What i am saying he was being pressured by Elvis for the drugs.That's why Elvis loaned him money.Just to keep Nick under his thumb so to speak.If Nick wasnt giving Elvis the drugs others woulds have.Nick tried to control it at least.Dont forget that when Nick wasnt around Elvis got worse and couldnt function.Nick at least tried to manage his drug intake.
Jak

I don't hold any respect for Dr. Nick as a medical professional. He was unethical and incompetent. He was proved culpable. No amount of excuses (pressured, indebted) can absolve him.

There really isn't anything more to say about him.

Diane
09-09-2007, 06:26 PM
I do agree that Elvis may have been a difficult patient for Dr. Nick to treat and may have tried to diminish his intake of drugs when it got badly out of hand. I think he got scared Jak that it would fall back on him.

He wasn't a monster, but he was greedy. I don't think Elvis needed to loan him some money to keep him tied to him, he was already giving him more than he deserved.

Diane

09-10-2007, 12:47 AM
I don't hold any respect for Dr. Nick as a medical professional. He was unethical and incompetent. He was proved culpable. No amount of excuses (pressured, indebted) can absolve him.

There really isn't anything more to say about him.

You may not have anything more to say about him, but then again I take it that you hold Dr Nick responsible for Elvis's drug dependency and not Elvis. It is the same old adage from many posters who prefer to blame everyone but Elvis.

It was in 1980 Dr Nick was indicted on 14 counts of overprescribing drugs to Elvis and Jerry Lee as well as other patients.

The Jury in that trial concluded he tried to act in the best interest of his patients and he was acquitted on all counts. That same year the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners found him guilty of overprescribing but decided that he was not unethical.

It was in 1995 that he lost his license permanently by the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners after it was revelaed he had been overprescribing for years. In Nicks defense he says it was for patients who had chronic pain and were dying.

During his court cases many of his friends held benefits to raise money for his defense.

There is plenty to say about Dr Nick and I tend to sympathise with him for overprescribing patients who are in chronic pain. Elvis however was not one of these, but no burden of blame greater than that, that can be laid upon Elvis's door for his early death should be laid upon Dr Nick's.

After a thorough examination of the amount of doctors Elvis had, the information he supplied them coupled with his own ferocious appetite for various narcotics I find it difficult to point the finger of blame anywhere but towards Elvis.

If some of the posters here know anything about Elvis's drug problem, they will know that Dr Nick did try on several occasions to reduce and limit Elvis's intake. That in Baptist Memorial Elvis was told that he had a serious and dangerous drug problem that he needed to stop and that Dr Nick attempted placebos with Elvis that failed. I don't justify Dr Nick's actions towards Elvis, I only point out that other Doctors around Elvis were equally as culpable and that many don't wish to know the true facts and instead prefer to relegate the whole matter into a single sweeping statement.

jak
09-10-2007, 02:10 AM
You may not have anything more to say about him, but then again I take it that you hold Dr Nick responsible for Elvis's drug dependency and not Elvis. It is the same old adage from many posters who prefer to blame everyone but Elvis.

It was in 1980 Dr Nick was indicted on 14 counts of overprescribing drugs to Elvis and Jerry Lee as well as other patients.

The Jury in that trial concluded he tried to act in the best interest of his patients and he was acquitted on all counts. That same year the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners found him guilty of overprescribing but decided that he was not unethical.

It was in 1995 that he lost his license permanently by the Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners after it was revelaed he had been overprescribing for years. In Nicks defense he says it was for patients who had chronic pain and were dying.

During his court cases many of his friends held benefits to raise money for his defense.

There is plenty to say about Dr Nick and I tend to sympathise with him for overprescribing patients who are in chronic pain. Elvis however was not one of these, but no burden of blame greater than that, that can be laid upon Elvis's door for his early death should be laid upon Dr Nick's.

After a thorough examination of the amount of doctors Elvis had, the information he supplied them coupled with his own ferocious appetite for various narcotics I find it difficult to point the finger of blame anywhere but towards Elvis.

If some of the posters here know anything about Elvis's drug problem, they will know that Dr Nick did try on several occasions to reduce and limit Elvis's intake. That in Baptist Memorial Elvis was told that he had a serious and dangerous drug problem that he needed to stop and that Dr Nick attempted placebos with Elvis that failed. I don't justify Dr Nick's actions towards Elvis, I only point out that other Doctors around Elvis were equally as culpable and that many don't wish to know the true facts and instead prefer to relegate the whole matter into a single sweeping statement.

Outstanding post!!

Diane
09-10-2007, 04:14 AM
Dr. Nick had the reputation of being the "celebrities drug pusher" for years. He may not have been totally to blame for Elvis' addiction, but he knew a good thing when he saw one and definitely shared in it.

He gets the blame from people because he was the known primary physician - most people don't even know that Elvis saw other doctors much less their names.

Diane

presley31
09-10-2007, 04:28 AM
Dr. Nick had the reputation of being the "celebrities drug pusher" for years. He may not have been totally to blame for Elvis' addiction, but he knew a good thing when he saw one and definitely shared in it.

He gets the blame from people because he was the known primary physician - most people don't even know that Elvis saw other doctors much less their names.

Diane

well said diane(y)(y)

The King's Queen
09-10-2007, 11:02 AM

Diane

Couldn't have said it better myself Diane...:notworthy

09-10-2007, 11:55 AM

Diane

I cant help but reject calling him the "celebrities drug pusher".

I have never heard anyone say Dr Nick pushed drugs on Elvis. By all accounts Elvis pushed Nick and other doctors to prescribe him medication.

Elvis knew what he wanted and how it would affect him. He always had his physicians desk reference close by.

That is a totally absurd statement and lacks any foundation.

The King's Queen
09-10-2007, 01:51 PM
That is a totally absurd statement and lacks any foundation.

Guess we are all entitled to our opinions...but I disagree with you. :blink:

presley31
09-10-2007, 01:56 PM
agree with you queenie

ksimms2
09-10-2007, 02:13 PM
I am going through this now with my husband - who is addicted to his pain meds. I'm ticked at his doctor for continuing to give them to him - even though I've called her and told her the situation. But I'm more pissed at my husband for continuing to abuse them and he knows he's got a problem. I guess he figures by denying to me that he's taken more than he should - it makes it true.....NOT! So I know what living with a pain med abuser is like. I say they both share the blame.....

The King's Queen
09-10-2007, 02:19 PM
I am going through this now with my husband - who is addicted to his pain meds. I'm ticked at his doctor for continuing to give them to him - even though I've called her and told her the situation. But I'm more pissed at my husband for continuing to abuse them and he knows he's got a problem. I guess he figures by denying to me that he's taken more than he should - it makes it true.....NOT! So I know what living with a pain med abuser is like. I say they both share the blame.....

I agree with you Kelly...both parties are to blame. However, I feel that doctors take sworn oaths to "supposedly" prevent this type of abuse from happening. To me, any doctor who writes scripts for that much medicine to one person is opening themselves up to this kind of criticism. Yes, I am sure that Elvis asked for it...but that doesn't mean that Nick HAD to write it. (n) Had I been in his shoes, I think that he would have had to get his med's from someone else. It comes down to medical ethics, and a personal choice. Dr. Nick had no ethics, and made the wrong choices in my opinion. That doesn't mean that I am absolving Elvis from his part of it...but professionalism is professionalism, right??? :blink:

presley31
09-10-2007, 02:29 PM
DR nick was wrong for giving elvis all those meds, no wonder why elvis had a problem, the doctor could of said no to elvis that it was bad for his health.

Diane
09-10-2007, 02:39 PM
I didn't learn about Dr. Nick's reputation of being called the celebrities' drug pusher out of the blue. I first heard it when we lived in California in company of several of our friends who had gotten together and the subject of Elvis came up. One guy who was in the FBI spoke up and said this about Dr. Nick. A couple other men one of which was a lawyer and another a highway patrolman also said they had heard the same and that they considered Dr. Nick was a joke and a quack and that they wished Elvis would realize it and toss him out.

I'm stating the professions of these particular people who said this to us to show that these were intelligent knowledgeable people who didn't go off spouting trash for the fun of it.

This conversation took place in 1977 not long after Elvis died.

Diane

The King's Queen
09-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I didn't learn about Dr. Nick's reputation of being called the celebrities' drug pusher out of the blue. I first heard it when we lived in California in company of several of our friends who had gotten together and the subject of Elvis came up. One guy who was in the FBI spoke up and said this about Dr. Nick. A couple other men one of which was a lawyer and another a highway patrolman also said they had heard the same and that they considered Dr. Nick was a joke and a quack and that they wished Elvis would realize it and toss him out.

I'm stating the professions of these particular people who said this to us to show that these were intelligent knowledgeable people who didn't go off spouting trash for the fun of it.

This conversation took place in 1977 not long after Elvis died.

Diane

Interesting post Diane...(y)

Vissie
09-10-2007, 03:22 PM

Where did I say that? Show me where please.

Readers of this thread, please understand: I am evaluating and discussing Dr. Nick as a medical professional. I abhor his behavior, his complete lack of personal integrity and the abuse of license and the privileges he was awarded as a doctor.

presley31
09-10-2007, 03:27 PM

Readers of this thread, please understand: I am evaluating and discussing Dr. Nick as a medical professional. I abhor his behavior, his complete lack of personal integrity and the abuse of license and the privileges he was awarded as a doctor.

Vissie
you can express your opionions anytime you like, some people just can't accept what others are saying (n)

The King's Queen
09-10-2007, 03:30 PM

Vissie...I totally understand your standpoint on this. And I agree with you! (y) It's not about whether or not Elvis wanted the med's...this is about Nick and the decisions he made while acting as a medical professional. :)

Vissie
09-10-2007, 03:31 PM
By all accounts Elvis pushed Nick and other doctors to prescribe him medication.

I'm sorry, but logic such as this truly upsets me as it makes no sense. :hmm:

1) You are a bank manager. I go up to you and tell you to give me all the money in the bank. I use my charming personality, dangle trinkets in front of your face and bat my lovely long eyelashes while I coo and plead.

What is your responsibility as the bank manager?

2) You are a police officer with a gun. I go up to you and tell you to give me the gun. I use my charming personality, dangle trinkets in front of your face and bat my lovely long eyelashes while I coo and plead.

What is your responsibility as a police officer?

You absolve Dr. Nick of his responsibility as a doctor. It's like you're saying.. he couldn't help it. Elvis wanted the drugs. Therefore, it's ok that Dr. Nick violated his medical license.

Vissie
09-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Presley and Queenie, I'm happy to see you understand what I'm saying :) Thank you!

09-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Let me be clear. I don't agree with what Dr Nick did, I do however believe that if it had not been Nick it would have been other doctors ( as it also was ) and that Dr Nick did attempt to curtail Elvis's drug abuse unlike some of the others who treated him.

Bottom line....Elvis was at fault, try and blame Dr Nick, the MM or whoever.

Elvis was responsible for his own health. Are you so unaware that you disregard the fact Elvis was warned of his drug abuse and it's possible consequences in Baptist Memorial while Dr Nick was present?

I agree Dr Nick acted unethically as you claim....but he was acquitted of that when he was held acountable for it in the case of Elvis.

It is becoming clear that people here are being very revionist regarding what happened around Elvis, and who was reposible for it. The number of people who have exonerated Elvis of all wrong doing is not only startling, but also frightening. I do fear that in years to come Elvis will be elevated to a type of quasi-religious mythical figure and treated as a type of martyr who persevered in the face of gross injustices he suffered at the hands of the Colonel and Dr Nick - when in fact Elvis had control - as we all do - over his destiny.

Getlo
09-10-2007, 03:38 PM
You absolve Dr. Nick of his responsibility as a doctor. It's like you're saying.. he couldn't help it. Elvis wanted the drugs. Therefore, it's ok that Dr. Nick violated his medical license.

That's not what 0349054 is saying, if you go back and read his posts.

What he is challenging is the assertion that Elvis wasn't at least partially responsible for his own drug intake, and for his part in his relationship with Dr. Nick.

The responsibility here goes two ways. Both Elvis and Dr Nick were guilty of "malpractice".

Getlo
09-10-2007, 03:40 PM
I do fear that in years to come Elvis will be elevated to a type of quasi-religious mythical figure and treated as a type of martyr who persevered in the face of gross injustices he suffered ...

This has already been happening in some circles ... for years! ;)

09-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry, but logic such as this truly upsets me as it makes no sense. :hmm:

1) You are a bank manager. I go up to you and tell you to give me all the money in the bank. I use my charming personality, dangle trinkets in front of your face and bat my lovely long eyelashes while I coo and plead.

What is your responsibility as the bank manager?

2) You are a police officer with a gun. I go up to you and tell you to give me the gun. I use my charming personality, dangle trinkets in front of your face and bat my lovely long eyelashes while I coo and plead.

What is your responsibility as a police officer?

I don't absolve him of his respobility as a doctor.

And your examples are not really true to fact.

The bank manager.....maybe if I was the banks only client it may be different?

Maybe if I was a bank manager who knew you also were using other banks and that you were my only client for all intents and purposes and that other banks were not helping you.....maybe I would attempt to give you money and attempt to curtail your use of it?

Of course should an investigation into all this and my dealings with you be held and I was to be exonnerated it would be puzzeling should people continue to question my treatment of you in particular?

As for the police officer thing. Maybe you should remind those FBI agents who were in the bathroom with Elvis in the FBI HQ when Elvis's guns that he was supposed to have handed over dropped out onto the floor.....they looked the other way!

I don't resolve Nick of responsibility, but I do feel he was the only physician who attempted to help Elvis.

Vissie
09-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Let me be clear. I don't agree with what Dr Nick did, I do however believe that if it had not been Nick it would have been other doctors ( as it also was ) and that Dr Nick did attempt to curtail Elvis's drug abuse unlike some of the others who treated him.

Bottom line....Elvis was at fault, try and blame Dr Nick, the MM or whoever.

Elvis was responsible for his own health. Are you so unaware that you disregard the fact Elvis was warned of his drug abuse and it's possible consequences in Baptist Memorial while Dr Nick was present?

I agree Dr Nick acted unethically as you claim....but he was acquitted of that when he was held acountable for it in the case of Elvis.

It is becoming clear that people here are being very revionist regarding what happened around Elvis, and who was reposible for it. The number of people who have exonerated Elvis of all wrong doing is not only startling, but also frightening. I do fear that in years to come Elvis will be elevated to a type of quasi-religious mythical figure and treated as a type of martyr who persevered in the face of gross injustices he suffered at the hands of the Colonel and Dr Nick - when in fact Elvis had control - as we all do - over his destiny.

0349054, you are just not understanding what I'm saying. Try this. Remove Elvis from this series of posts. Does that help you?

Pretend he over-prescribed 10,000 drugs for Miss Sally Imahurtin. She lives on Primrose Lane in Lovely City, USA.

I am talking about Dr. Nick as a medical professional. Him. By himself. Alone.

presley31
09-10-2007, 03:53 PM
I don't buy that for a second nick tryed to help elvis.

09-10-2007, 04:01 PM

No of course Nick did everything in his power to kill the cash-cow that was Elvis.:lmfao:

Getlo
09-10-2007, 04:04 PM

Yes, he did ... many times.

Just like most of the Memphis Mafia!!

09-10-2007, 04:05 PM
0349054, you are just not understanding what I'm saying. Try this. Remove Elvis from this series of posts. Does that help you?

Pretend he over-prescribed 10,000 drugs for Miss Sally Imahurtin. She lives on Primrose Lane in Lovely City, USA.

I am talking about Dr. Nick as a medical professional. Him. By himself. Alone.

It is difficult to blame Dr Nick for overprescribing Elvis when he was cleared of it.

As for Miss Sally, well Nick has lost his license.

Im not defending his practice, but I am pointing out he was not the only doctor responsible and that Elvis manipulated people who were around him. At the end of the day no one forced the pills into Elvis, Elvis sought them and desired them.

presley31
09-10-2007, 04:08 PM
I guess we all have different views about nick and the mm, they were all wrong in my mind.

Diane
09-10-2007, 04:08 PM
All we're trying to say is that Elvis wasn't alone in the blame. He had help with unethical doctors and not just Dr. Nick - all of them. Elvis was the addict in control of his addiction - they were the doctors with supposedly clear minds and they should have said NO no matter who he was.

Diane

presley31
09-10-2007, 04:12 PM
l agree diane 100%, be nice if people accepted we think and feel different than eachtogther.

Vissie
09-10-2007, 04:16 PM
It is difficult to blame Dr Nick for overprescribing Elvis when he was cleared of it.

As for Miss Sally, well Nick has lost his license.

Im not defending his practice, but I am pointing out he was not the only doctor responsible and that Elvis manipulated people who were around him. At the end of the day no one forced the pills into Elvis, Elvis sought them and desired them.

0349054, you're still bringing up Elvis. I can't continue this conversation with you because you're just not on the same page as I am. Perhaps we'll meet in a another thread under different circumstances. See you then! ;)

09-10-2007, 04:19 PM
0349054, you're still bringing up Elvis. I can't continue this conversation with you because you're just not on the same page as I am. Perhaps we'll meet in a another thread under different circumstances. See you then! ;)

I agree that Nick acted unethically to patients thats why he lost his license. I don't disagree with you on that!

Diane
09-10-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm leaving with you Vissie...this thread is going nowhere.

Diane

presley31
09-10-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm leaving with you Vissie...this thread is going nowhere.

Diane

l agree with both of you, another thread going nowhere (n)

Getlo
09-10-2007, 04:25 PM
l agree diane 100%, be nice if people accepted we think and feel different than eachtogther.

Yeah, wouldn't it??! :blush:

All we're trying to say is that Elvis wasn't alone in the blame. He had help with unethical doctors and not just Dr. Nick - all of them. Elvis was the addict in control of his addiction - they were the doctors with supposedly clear minds and they should have said NO no matter who he was.

Diane

This is exactly what 0349054 has been saying!!! To wit:

"Elvis had plenty supplying him what he wanted. To lay the blame at Nick's door is not only foolish but also ignorant of the situation at hand."

Geez ... :blink:

Diane
09-10-2007, 04:37 PM
One last post Getlo. I know what 03 was saying, what most of you have been saying. What I don't understand is that you talk as if Elvis was in control when the man wasn't - he was controlled by his addiction that's where I'm not sure we are in agreement or not.

Only an addict would run around looking for sources of drugs the way he did - he was hooked and NOT in control anymore.

Diane

09-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah, wouldn't it??! :blush:

This is exactly what 0349054 has been saying!!! To wit:

"Elvis had plenty supplying him what he wanted. To lay the blame at Nick's door is not only foolish but also ignorant of the situation at hand."

Geez ... :blink:

Thank you Getlo. I thought my sentiments had been falling on deaf ears!

09-10-2007, 05:21 PM
This is not as black and white as some maintain or portray.

Nick tried to help Elvis and had he washed his hands....perhaps Elvis would have died sooner with someone who was even more lax than doctor nick at the helm.

presley31
09-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Oh, I didn't know that you knew the Doc personally and could confirm his actions. Being as how you were aware of his diagnosis and I'm sure he gave you the reasons for his treatment. Dr. Nick was supposedly a professional and swore a medical oath. His actions were wrong.

Right on remember me(y)(y)

Getlo
09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Oh, I didn't know that you knew the Doc personally and could confirm his actions. Being as how you were aware of his diagnosis and I'm sure he gave you the reasons for his treatment. Dr. Nick was supposedly a professional and swore a medical oath. His actions were wrong.

Ah, sarcasm. The last refuge of the scoundrel ... (n)

presley31
09-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Ah, sarcasm. The last refuge of the scoundrel ... (n)

Whats that supposed to mean??

09-10-2007, 06:05 PM

I wouldn't say I know Dr Nick but I have met him on several occasions.

It is odd that you have lumbered into this thread as a new member, and have not actually displayed any real understanding of the situation other than dry sarcasim.

Perhaps if you delve beyond the surface argument into what the situation was really like and how complex it was you may understand why Dr Nick was cleared of any wrongdoing in realtion to Elvis, and why many of Elvis's friends still are friendly with him.

Surely Sam Thompson with his intricate understanding of the situation and also of the law itself is as foolish as I am, seeing as Sam still is friendly with Dr Nick and was speaking with him at length during Elvis week.

09-10-2007, 06:06 PM
quote=presley31;135848]Whats that supposed to mean??[/quote]

Google it!! (y)(y)

Getlo
09-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Whats that supposed to mean??

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

I perhaps should've said "the (second) last refuge of the scoundrel ..."

presley31
09-10-2007, 06:11 PM
quote=presley31;135848]Whats that supposed to mean??

Google it!! (y)(y)[/QUOTE]

once again being smart, you and gelto should accept people opionions plain and simple:angry:

09-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Google it!! (y)(y)

once again being smart, you and gelto should accept people opionions plain and simple:angry:[/quote]

It is difficult when the opinions are not based on fact or anything other than uninformed conclusions.

Besides your input in this thread has been less than substantial and yet you are the one getting excited.

Please don't drag this thread off topic and contribute constructivley to the discussion if you wish, but please don't bash myself and Getlo.

presley31
09-10-2007, 06:18 PM
no comment l let the mods take over

Lonniebealestreet
09-10-2007, 06:47 PM
No need to take anything over if we can just stick to the issues and leave others' intentions, mental capacity and the like out of it. Try not to offend or be easily offended...Don't make things personal or take things personally. Just keep it Elvis!

presley31
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks lonnie, will stick to elvis, no need in getting myself in trouble

presley31
09-10-2007, 07:03 PM
http://www.irishelvisfanclub.com/dr__nick.htm

alittle more stuff about nick

The King's Queen
09-10-2007, 07:44 PM
One last post Getlo. I know what 03 was saying, what most of you have been saying. What I don't understand is that you talk as if Elvis was in control when the man wasn't - he was controlled by his addiction that's where I'm not sure we are in agreement or not.

Only an addict would run around looking for sources of drugs the way he did - he was hooked and NOT in control anymore. Diane

Well, it would appear that this discussion has turned a bit nasty, but I'll take my chances... :doh: Diane I agree whole-heartedly! I think you stated the key element to this arguement! (y)

You see, I have family members who have addictions...and does'nt everyone? In the case of someone who is using that many drugs, as often as has been said, how could you possibly think that the "user" is in control of the circumstances?? :doh: This is where I have the problem with Nick too. He wasn't using drugs, at least as far as we know, and he was practicing as a supposedly competant doctor. Now then, either his mentality was equal to the user's, or he was just pacifying the user...which would it be? I cannot see a grown man, with a profession such as his, allowing himself to be told when and how to prescribe medicine. It just makes no sense. Sure, Elvis was to blame. I'll go with that. But Elvis' part of the blame, IMO, ended when he became so addicted that he could not make pertinent decisions in the best interest of his own health. Sorry guys, even though I hear what your saying, and I see how you are thinking on this one...I just can't buy it. :blink: However, I do respect your opinions...just as much as I respect the opinions of those who have disagreed with you. Each individual see's it their way I suppose...

RememberMe
09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Well, it would appear that this discussion has turned a bit nasty, but I'll take my chances... :doh: Diane I agree whole-heartedly! I think you stated the key element to this arguement! (y)

You see, I have family members who have addictions...and does'nt everyone? In the case of someone who is using that many drugs, as often as has been said, how could you possibly think that the "user" is in control of the circumstances?? :doh: This is where I have the problem with Nick too. He wasn't using drugs, at least as far as we know, and he was practicing as a supposedly competant doctor. Now then, either his mentality was equal to the user's, or he was just pacifying the user...which would it be? I cannot see a grown man, with a profession such as his, allowing himself to be told when and how to prescribe medicine. It just makes no sense. Sure, Elvis was to blame. I'll go with that. But Elvis' part of the blame, IMO, ended when he became so addicted that he could not make pertinent decisions in the best interest of his own health. Sorry guys, even though I hear what your saying, and I see how you are thinking on this one...I just can't buy it. :blink: However, I do respect your opinions...just as much as I respect the opinions of those who have disagreed with you. Each individual see's it their way I suppose...

Nothing personal. Just that [TCBer1] and [TCBer2] are a couple of [expletive deleted] trying to make a name for themselves. If they only had a brain. "Cilla, did I tell you about these *****s online? They are so funny. Course they are *** kissers and anyone that knows me, knows how I feel about *** kissers."

Merry
09-10-2007, 08:09 PM
once again being smart, you and gelto should accept people opionions plain and simple:angry:

It is difficult when the opinions are not based on fact or anything other than uninformed conclusions.

Besides your input in this thread has been less than substantial and yet you are the one getting excited.

Please don't drag this thread off topic and contribute constructivley to the discussion if you wish, but please don't bash myself and Getlo.[/quote]

What is it with you and running people down, "Mr Nine Lives"?

ksimms2
09-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I agree with you Kelly...both parties are to blame. However, I feel that doctors take sworn oaths to "supposedly" prevent this type of abuse from happening. To me, any doctor who writes scripts for that much medicine to one person is opening themselves up to this kind of criticism. Yes, I am sure that Elvis asked for it...but that doesn't mean that Nick HAD to write it. (n) Had I been in his shoes, I think that he would have had to get his med's from someone else. It comes down to medical ethics, and a personal choice. Dr. Nick had no ethics, and made the wrong choices in my opinion. That doesn't mean that I am absolving Elvis from his part of it...but professionalism is professionalism, right??? :blink:

Right!!! :blush:

ms_epblvd
09-10-2007, 08:58 PM
How could he possible live with himself... You dont need a court room to prove you are innocent if you really are. He should be ashamed to still even call himself a doctor.

ms_epblvd
09-10-2007, 09:05 PM
ksimms I agree 100% I work in the medical field and doctors take an oath to help save lifes not destroy them. Of course Elvis was to blame as well I am sure his personality was very difficult to deal with, but Dr. Nick was in control of his practice and himself. If Elvis became demanding an good physician should report the abuse and WALK AWAY.

ms_epblvd
09-10-2007, 09:07 PM
and yes name calling is very immature... you lose your credability whe you act inappropriate.

Getlo
09-11-2007, 06:12 AM
You dont need a court room to prove you are innocent if you really are.

Yeah, sure!! :blink:

Sonny
09-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Just wondering here.

Did any of you read the Straight Up book by Joe Esposito?
I always figured Joe was a true friend to Elvis, and still he speaks highly of Dr. Nick!

What do you all think of that?

He states that Nick got all the bad critisism, but also says Elvis had other suppliers besides Nick. And Esposito states that Nick tried to help Elvis even.

I wonder about that like you guys. But why would Esposito lie about it in his book?

Sonny

09-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Sonny,

Most of the guys are still friendly with Dr Nick.

He was with them all on several occasions last month in August and they got on very well.

They don't seem to blame Dr Nick for anything, they know the truth behind it all.

presley31
09-11-2007, 05:30 PM
l guess us fans seem to have our own opinions about nick and elvis.

Tony Trout
09-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Just wondering here.

I always figured Joe was a true friend to Elvis, and still he speaks highly of Dr. Nick!

He states that Nick got all the bad criticism, but also says Elvis had other suppliers besides Nick. And Esposito states that Nick tried to help Elvis even.

I wonder about that like you guys. But why would Esposito lie about it in his book?

Sonny

Joe Esposito a true friend to Elvis? True "friends" don't spy on you behind your back and tell your manager every move you're making as Joe did with Elvis....so, as far as Joe being a true friend he was far from it.....very far from it. He even lied to the press when asked who found Elvis and he stated that he found Elvis when, in fact, Ginger Alden found him. Since then, he has always stated that Ginger found Elvis but why lie about it in the first place?? :hmm::hmm:

09-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Just wondering here.

He states that Nick got all the bad critisism, but also says Elvis had other suppliers besides Nick. And Esposito states that Nick tried to help Elvis even.

Sonny

Elvis had severl sources to feed his apetitie for drugs.

Nick and I think it was Esposito raided Elvis's bedroom to clear out some of Elvis's stashes of pills while Elvis was in hospital.

Nick even got pills pressed that had no active ingredient which he gave to Elvis.

presley31
09-11-2007, 05:45 PM
you can't always believe what you read and in this case l don't think we will ever know the real reason about Dr Nick

09-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Thats very true.

It's always good to read, or to speak with people who were there though in order to form an opinion.

09-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Joe Esposito a true friend to Elvis? True "friends" don't spy on you behind your back and tell your manager every move you're making as Joe did with Elvis....so, as far as Joe being a true friend he was far from it.....very far from it. He even lied to the press when asked who found Elvis and he stated that he found Elvis when, in fact, Ginger Alden found him. Since then, he has always stated that Ginger found Elvis but why lie about it in the first place?? :hmm::hmm:

Grief? Confusion with what had just happened? They are all excuses for him giving inaccurate facts directly folloing Elvis's death. Also that they were trying to cover up Elvis's drug abuse etc...

But you will have to ask Joe to find out his reasons, I expect some of the above reasons I have given may hold the answer.

Himselvis
09-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I agree somewhat with tony trout about joe Esposito. I know that he was a good friend of Elvis and I know that in the beginning Elvis liked Joe alot. However, joe made it clear to all the other MM, that he was top dog among them and that everybody had to go through him to get to Elvis. He played his role of foreman to the hilt and he was indeed Col. parkers snitch in the group. By the mid 70's Most of the other MM had come to despise Joe just as much as Elvis was starting to. if it were not for the Col. Joe would have already been gone. it's been pretty well documented as well that joe was on his way out after the summer tour in 77.

Getlo
09-11-2007, 06:18 PM
it's been pretty well documented as well that joe was on his way out after the summer tour in 77.

Where ... ?

09-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Don't forget after Elvis got rid of Joe, it was Marty Lacker whom Elvis asked about letting Joe back into group.

Elvis said something along the lines of whether Joe was needed to Marty, and Marty instructed Elvis it would be useful to have him around, and thus Joe was allowed back.

Sonny
09-11-2007, 06:23 PM
And Joe tells about his so called lies on that awful day!

We can only speculate. And we can believe or not believe the people around Elvis. I'm always very sceptic about books and stories. Somehow Joe's story made sense to me at some points.

Himselvis
09-11-2007, 06:32 PM
To answer your question Getlo, I know that Espositos firing is mentioned in Billy, Lamar and Martys book Tales from the Memphis Mafia. Shortly before he died, Elvis asked Billy if he could run the show to which Billy replied yes and Elvis indicated, good, meaning he could finally cut Joe loose. it would not be hard to find in the book...towards the end because the book is told in chronological style.

The King's Queen
09-11-2007, 07:05 PM
According to what I have read, Joe (after being replaced by Marty), was sure that he could use the connections that he had made thru Elvis and attempted to get a job in L.A., working with film crews, script writers, ect. To his own admittance, that didn't happen. Without Elvis backing him up, they didn't acknowledge him. Joe said this himself. As the holiday season drew nigh, Elvis sent Joe's yearly Christmas bonus to him, and gave him the same amount that the rest of the guys got. Joe said that he was nearly flat broke, and was glad to get the check. He then called Elvis to thank him for the check, and Joe asked Elvis if he could come back to work for him. Elvis reportedly asked Marty about this, to which Marty told him that if he wanted to let Joe come back, he could use the help. Elvis did NOT go to Joe...but quite the opposite as per Joe's own statements.

Personally, from what I've read and tried to decipher about this "friendship" between Joe and Elvis, it appears to me that it had soured...BIG TIME...near the end of Elvis' life. Apparently Elvis didn't feel that he could trust Joe as he once could...I would assume that would be due, at least in part, to Joe choosing to relay info to the Colonel. I choose not to believe everything that Joe says, since he has contradicted himself on more than one occasion. :blink:

Himselvis
09-11-2007, 09:13 PM
:notworthy(y)The Kings Queen pretty much just nailed it as far as I'm concerned....well said,

Himselvis
09-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Remember, Joe sued Elvis, along with Dr. Nick in 76 I think it was. With everything Elvis had going on at this time...how considerate they were

The King's Queen
09-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Remember, Joe sued Elvis, along with Dr. Nick in 76 I think it was. With everything Elvis had going on at this time...how considerate they were

Right! It was over the racquetball fiasco, I believe. And yes, I do have many ill opinions of Joe...and it is refreshing to know that others share that opinion. Thank you very much! (y)

Tony Trout
09-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Where ... ?

To answer your question Getlo, I know that Espositos firing is mentioned in Billy, Lamar and Martys book Tales from the Memphis Mafia. Shortly before he died, Elvis asked Billy if he could run the show to which Billy replied yes and Elvis indicated, good, meaning he could finally cut Joe loose. it would not be hard to find in the book...towards the end because the book is told in chronological style.

Exactly. Joe was on his way out and I think Elvis had also included Lamar Fike and Dick Grob as well....but we'll never know if he would've gotten rid of them.....

The King's Queen
09-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Exactly. Joe was on his way out and I think Elvis had also included Lamar Fike and Dick Grob as well....but we'll never know if he would've gotten rid of them.....

Precisely Tony...(y) It has long been rumored and even discussed among those in "the know" that Elvis had planned to "clean house" in '77. We will never know for sure how things might have played out...but isn't it interesting to ponder....? :lol:

Diane
09-11-2007, 10:10 PM
It sounds like he was at a turning point that he never got a chance to follow through with. That makes his death even sadder.:'(

Diane

Tony Trout
09-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Precisely Tony...(y) It has long been rumored and even discussed among those in "the know" that Elvis had planned to "clean house" in '77. We will never know for sure how things might have played out...but isn't it interesting to ponder....? :lol:

It definitely is interesting to think of what might have happened had Elvis lived past 8/16/1977....

According to Billy Smith, Elvis had in fact asked him if he could "run the show" and Billy told him "yes, we can clean the house out and not have as many people here if that's what you want." and apparently that's what Elvis told him.

It sounds like he was at a turning point that he never got a chance to follow through with. That makes his death even sadder.:'(

Diane

What makes it even sadder (from what I've read) is that Elvis had finally chosen to face his problems and admit them and get help for them....but sadly.....that didn't happen.....

The King's Queen
09-11-2007, 10:57 PM
It is certainly sad to think that just when he had decided to get help, it was all gone...:'(

Diane
09-11-2007, 11:09 PM
I hadn't read that Tony, or never noticed. Yes, that does make his death even sadder and such a waste. He could have had so many more years to enjoy and do what he wanted to do.I think he could even have settled down with someone at that point had he been able to find someone compatible.

Diane

The King's Queen
09-11-2007, 11:23 PM
I hadn't read that Tony, or never noticed. Yes, that does make his death even sadder and such a waste. He could have had so many more years to enjoy and do what he wanted to do.I think he could even have settled down with someone at that point had he been able to find someone compatible.

Diane

Yes, Diane, he could have been around to possibly see his grandchildren. Or at least, to have seen Lisa grow up...:'( And yes, I too think he would have settled down and probably made a good husband for some lucky gal! ;) You know what they say, "The one who sows the wildest oats, usually has the fattest horse"...lol. Not sure why I added that...just something that my Grandmother used to say...:lmfao: :doh: :lmfao:

Tony Trout
09-11-2007, 11:34 PM

Diane

Diane,

Yep, it's mentioned in "Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations From The Memphis Mafia" that, had the audiences confronted him 'bout the book that Red and Sonny and Dave wrote, he was going to "own up" to his problems and admit that he had a problem and get help for it....but, then again, Elvis would "say one thing and do another" so....we'll never know exactly what he would have done because God took Elvis home before he had the chance to possibly turn his life around.....

franny
09-12-2007, 01:18 AM

Who would have been left at that time, if Elvis had gotten rid of Joe, Lamar and Dick?

franny

Diane
09-12-2007, 01:56 AM
You're right Tony, Elvis did have a habit of changing his mind.

Franny, Charlie would have stayed by him that's for sure. Not sure if Jerry was still around then, but if so, he would have too. I can't remember all those he had around him at the end........:blink:

Diane

The King's Queen
09-12-2007, 02:27 AM
You're right Tony, Elvis did have a habit of changing his mind.

Franny, Charlie would have stayed by him that's for sure. Not sure if Jerry was still around then, but if so, he would have too. I can't remember all those he had around him at the end........:blink:

Diane

Yep...Charlie would have been there till the very end, again. (y) There were a lot of newbies at the very end...the old entourage was not still together, of course. I think Sam Thompson was there, that's Linda's brother. :hmm: Maybe Al Strada too. I'm gonna have to think on this one...:king:

presley31
09-12-2007, 02:39 AM
charlie was a good man, he stood beside elvis all through the last years.

Merry
09-13-2007, 02:52 AM
charlie was a good man, he stood beside elvis all through the last years.

Yes, he was hon.

Hugs,
Kimmi

The King's Queen
09-13-2007, 02:54 AM
Yes, he was hon.

Hugs,
Kimmi

Hmmm...(clears throat and whispers)...Kimmi...delete some of your messages...please. Your box is full..lol.

Sorry, off topic...won't do it again! :blush:

Vissie
09-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm looking forward to reading and learning more about Charlie(y)

The King's Queen
09-13-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm looking forward to reading and learning more about Charlie(y)

Vissie...Charlie was a good guy (y) He had some habits that seemed to irritate those around him...lol...but all in all, he was probably the most reliable of all of the original entourage.

Vissie
09-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Vissie...Charlie was a good guy (y) He had some habits that seemed to irritate those around him...lol...but all in all, he was probably the most reliable of all of the original entourage.

Thanks Queenie ;) From what I've been reading here, some people do seem to admire him more than some other members of MM ~

09-13-2007, 01:38 PM

Charlie was also one of the few guys who Elvis punched in the face. It was after Elvis gave a car away and Charlie had been drinking ( as he was prone to do ) and Charlie asked where his car was.

Elvis's response was to punch him!

Classic!

Diane
09-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Yup, classic of two male friends. Elvis must have forgiven Charlie for that punch as he was never fired for it.

The reason Charlie is so well liked by most fans is although he did write a book and he did make money off of Elvis after he died, he was never known to speak out against him. Basically the same goes for Jerry and Larry.

Diane

Getlo
09-13-2007, 02:08 PM
. Elvis must have forgiven Charlie for that punch as he was never fired for it.

Elvis was the one to punch Charlie!

And Charlie would've forgiven Elvis for anything.

presley31
09-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Charlie did forgive elvis, things happen.

Diane
09-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Yup, read that wrong......I can't guess the outcome if it had been the other way around.

Diane

Vissie
09-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Yup, classic of two male friends. Elvis must have forgiven Charlie for that punch as he was never fired for it.

The reason Charlie is so well liked by most fans is although he did write a book and he did make money off of Elvis after he died, he was never known to speak out against him. Basically the same goes for Jerry and Larry.

Diane

Larry who? Larry Geller? I've heard good things about Jerry Schilling but not so good things about Larry :blink:

presley31
09-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't think larry was that great, but l like jerry just cause he wasn't living off the elvis, he did other things when elvis was alive.

09-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Yes Jerry did do toher things.

Pity he has allowed himself be dominated by EPE. His book is testimony to that.

presley31
09-13-2007, 02:52 PM
l don't blame him for that, everybody needs a job to live.

09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Yes they do.

Jerry doesen't need to live in EPE's shadow.

presley31
09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
why not, he knew about elvis too.

09-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Exactly.

Living in EPE's shadow involves certain censoring etc...

presley31
09-13-2007, 03:28 PM
l don't find nothing wrong with that, but thats my two cents.

Diane
09-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Yes Vissie, I did mean Larry Geller. I've heard quite a few things against him too and I think he did have an ego but I also think he was good for Elvis to finally have someone to talk to (besides Jerry), he just wasn't the religious expert he made himself out to be.

I'm just past the middle of reading Jerry's new book 03. I do also feel that he is under EPE's thumb a bit much, but the guy seems very likable. He is certainly not as hard as most of the others, maybe too gullible. I don't think reading the rest of the book will clarify that anymore than what I've read so far, but we'll see..

Diane

presley31
09-13-2007, 03:30 PM
good points diane, but really you can except jerry to say anything that might harm his postion in EPE.

09-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Yes Vissie, I did mean Larry Geller. I've heard quite a few things against him too and I think he did have an ego but I also think he was good for Elvis to finally have someone to talk to (besides Jerry), he just wasn't the religious expert he made himself out to be.

I'm just past the middle of reading Jerry's new book 03. I do also feel that he is under EPE's thumb a bit much, but the guy seems very likable. He is certainly not as hard as most of the others, maybe too gullible. I don't think reading the rest of the book will clarify that anymore than what I've read so far, but we'll see..

Diane

Yes he's under EPE's thumb.

Sad to see a grown man allow himself be manipulated into avoiding certain facts.

presley31
09-13-2007, 03:39 PM
what kind of stuff are you looking for numbers?? What do you want jerry to say??

09-13-2007, 03:40 PM
The truth, uncensored and also without him trying not to offend Elvis's ex-wife who Elvis gave no license to have such a hold over his legacy as she has.

presley31
09-13-2007, 03:43 PM
If you say so

09-13-2007, 03:45 PM
You asked what I was lookng for and I informed you.

presley31
09-13-2007, 03:48 PM
I think Jerry keeps things to himself for respect for lisa marie and the his job at EPE.

Vissie
09-13-2007, 03:54 PM

Diane

I think Larry may have been a good stylist, but I'm not too sure about him as a person. I'm content that Elvis enjoyed his company and, for that, I don't fault him.

Vissie
09-13-2007, 03:55 PM
The truth, uncensored and also without him trying not to offend Elvis's ex-wife who Elvis gave no license to have such a hold over his legacy as she has.

He doesn't owe anyone anything. He has every right to take whatever he knows to the grave.

presley31
09-13-2007, 04:00 PM
He doesn't owe anyone anything. He has every right to take whatever he knows to the grave.

Well said Vissie,(y)(y)

09-13-2007, 04:06 PM

Of course he does.

I just would prefer if he was more honest about things instead of living in EPE's shadow.

Personally I think he is wimping out of the whole thing.

And...from a guy who is well educated it is dissapointing. But Jerry is looking after Jerry.

I have no real gripe with Jerry apart from the fact that he isn't standing up to EPE.

It's sad he has prevented himself freedom of expression when it comes to publicly speaking about Elvis.

presley31
09-13-2007, 04:08 PM
sheesh its not hard to respect people opinions on things.

Vissie
09-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Of course he does.

I just would prefer if he was more honest about things instead of living in EPE's shadow.

Personally I think he is wimping out of the whole thing.

And...from a guy who is well educated it is dissapointing. But Jerry is looking after Jerry.

I have no real gripe with Jerry apart from the fact that he isn't standing up to EPE.

It's sad he has prevented himself freedom of expression when it comes to publicly speaking about Elvis.

Why do you feel he owes the world anything? He was privy to a life that was secluded and private. Elvis demanded loyalty from his entourage. Why do you feel he is required to share that with anyone?

That's quite presumptuous, imo.

09-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Why do you feel he owes the world anything? He was privy to a life that was secluded and private. Elvis demanded loyalty from his entourage. Why do you feel he is required to share that with anyone?

That's quite presumptuous, imo.

I feel that if he wishes to tell his story as through a bok as he has done, he should tell it as it was and not through a veil imposed on him by EPE.

I don't think I can explain my view any clearer.

poormansgold76
09-13-2007, 04:19 PM
There Time You can do something about it without that person get mean and where so much we can help someone liked that, long as that person don't want help them self, I know I got an sister liked that, we help her alot in past, now we don't because she don't want help, not from us.
The people around him, they try too help him, he didn't want hear about it, how you help someone liked that , one have stong mind like him. give me Asdwer you have one and it have to be nice good and clean saying .
I talk to to Joe E, once by e-mail and he wish that them and we the fans say something to him back then.
I'm not good with words , you can see
If I can Talk to Elvis 31 years ago, i will say to him you needed a break from touring for a year, go back to movies for that year and get yourself clean and clean up the house.
We know that we was thinking cleaning up, fried Col. Tom Parker and more, we know that Elvis don't liked fried people whom work for him.
it was toolate.
Tom

Vissie
09-13-2007, 04:29 PM
I feel that if he wishes to tell his story as through a bok as he has done, he should tell it as it was and not through a veil imposed on him by EPE.

He wrote a book as he wished to do so. No one is in a position to dictate to him how to write it. Glean what you can from it and move on ;)

09-13-2007, 04:36 PM
He wrote a book as he wished to do so. No one is in a position to dictate to him how to write it. Glean what you can from it and move on ;)

Vissie you have much to learn about the Elvis world.

As EPE did dictate to him what could or could not be in the book. I doubt they gave him a list but he knew what to omit from it etc...

presley31
09-13-2007, 04:37 PM

l agree vissie(y)(y)

Vissie
09-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Vissie you have much to learn about the Elvis world.

As EPE did dictate to him what could or could not be in the book. I doubt they gave him a list but he knew what to omit from it etc...

I agree I'm new to the world of Elvis, but I'm a fast learner. And I've already amassed a very good foundation of understanding.

I just don't believe we have a right to dictate to him what he has to include in a book. If he felt he wanted to include some things and omit others than that is his prerogative.

Desperately wanting him to share intimate secrets or details isn't going to make it happen.

Diane
09-13-2007, 05:05 PM
My belief is that Jerry is just a nice respectful guy and doesn't care to talk about Elvis' dark side. I don't think it just has to do with his ties to EPE, I think that's the kind of man he is.

There's one passage in his book that I came across and that is he said that he could count on one hand the times Elvis really did lose his temper. That is not a lot (no more and much less than some people I've known) in the amount of time that he was with him, and is one of things that make me think that the other hard-liners are exaggerating. And if they exaggerated about that, what else are they exaggerating?

Others had done the same in their books: Charlie Hodge, Ed Parker and even Larry Geller. Ed Parker even mentions in his book that he felt it was disgraceful the way some of the MM treated and took advantage of Elvis' generosity.

Diane

Vissie
09-13-2007, 06:18 PM
A couple of instances that Guralnick references show a wee bit of a temper directed at women...

1) Back in Hollywood, he flared up at Christina Crawford, who had a bit part in the picture and was dating Joe at the time.. dragging her by the hair and cursing her out because she objected to Joe's lighting his cigar ~

2) .. the girl that Sonny brought out to the house one time who decided that she wanted to leave while Elvis and Sonny were playing pool. She asked Sonny if he could move his car because she was blocked in, and Elvis got annoyed and told her to get somebody else to move the car, didn't she see they were in the middle of a **************** game? The girl didn't know anybody else and, failing to recognize the familiar sings, asked Sonny again. "God****it!" Elvis exploded. "Didn't you hear what I said? Get someone else to move it." The girl, embarrassed now and mad, cursed Elvis and called him a sonofab***h. That was when Elvis hurled his pool cue at her, striking her in the breast.

Just a few examples.

Diane
09-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Yup, those may be included in the times Jerry was referring to and Elvis certainly over-reacted. I think though I'd also like to hear Jerry's version of what happened both those times. It may not be quite as horrifying as whoever related those incidents to Guralnik. Still no excuse for that kind of loss of control though. I'm willing to bet he agonized over what he'd done afterwards but never voiced it.

Diane

Vissie
09-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Yup, those may be included in the times Jerry was referring to and Elvis certainly over-reacted. I think though I'd also like to hear Jerry's version of what happened both those times. It may not be quite as horrifying as whoever related those incidents to Guralnik. Still no excuse for that kind of loss of control though. I'm willing to bet he agonized over what he'd done afterwards but never voiced it.

Diane

I'd like to hear Jerry's version as well, if he ever decides to share it. I'm sure Elvis was very sorry afterwards (at least, in my heart, that's what I chose to believe).

presley31
09-13-2007, 07:07 PM
I think elvis to felt bad about doing that kind of thing, elvis wasn't a man who liked to mean and blow for no reason. I do think that when elvis does blow a fuse he feels bad about it afterwards.

Supertigre
09-13-2007, 08:21 PM
I can't believe this low life dare even show his face never mind have a website.
He must have run out of money because he been quiet for years.

KPM
09-13-2007, 11:00 PM

Why is it that someone can not be honest if their take isn't exactly the story a few others tell in exactly the same tone? IMO If thats Jerrys story, as he wants to tell it, he has as much right as the others who tell theirs as they saw it. None of the stories match 100%. Some things are easily explained and others are not-point of view and understanding are different from person to person including the MM and Elvis himself.
I'll tell you what I would think of Elvis if I had not read any books except "Elvis" by Goldman (with Lamar Fike) I would think ELvis was a drooling, stumbling, mean, lying, cheating, spoiled, always stoned ******* of a man
The emphasis in that book was every bad quality that any person ever possessed. Was that Elvis? Was he the worst of the worst? Did he lack any redeeming qualities?????
Honestly that is my feeling on that books point of view!
Others are not much better the points of view are it seems purposely negative. Read the adjectives they use see if I am exaggerating. If Elvis was as bad as they seem to portray-why are we here? People who do not know anything about Elvis and read certain books have to come away going-what a demented jerk.

Donut
09-13-2007, 11:23 PM
I think Jerry got something going on with Priscilla, if not I don?t know why he has to tell the story of how they kissed in front of the press after Elvis died at the end of his book (without any aparent reason) just to gave them something to talk about.... To me he isn?t any different form the rest of the MM only he tells it in a smooth different way. By the way, Jerry isn?t the only one that have had a job after Elvis passing away, all of the MM have had it.

presley31
09-13-2007, 11:49 PM
I think Jerry got something going on with Priscilla, if not I don?t know why he has to tell the story of how they kissed in front of the press after Elvis died at the end of his book (without any aparent reason) just to gave them something to talk about.... To me he isn?t any different form the rest of the MM only he tells it in a smooth different way. By the way, Jerry isn?t the only one that have had a job after Elvis passing away, all of the MM have had it.

He doesn't have anything going on with priscilla, that would be the lowest blow anybody could do to elvis. I think Jerry better then the rest of them other then charlie himself.

ksimms2
09-13-2007, 11:59 PM

Jerry left the MM before Elvis passed away....have you read his book? he left elvis' employee years before Elvis passed because he wanted to make his own way in life and I totally respect that....if you have not read his book, you should. It tells of a caring person who was in awe of his friend and cared deeply for him and worried about him greatly. They also had a few arguements over stuff but always made up....if he does have something going with Priscilla, good for him, however in his book he says that he is deeply in love with his wife Cindy? Sandy? So I doubt he and Pris have something going on.

presley31
09-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Jerry left the MM before Elvis passed away....have you read his book? he left elvis' employee years before Elvis passed because he wanted to make his own way in life and I totally respect that....if you have not read his book, you should. It tells of a caring person who was in awe of his friend and cared deeply for him and worried about him greatly. They also had a few arguements over stuff but always made up....if he does have something going with Priscilla, good for him, however in his book he says that he is deeply in love with his wife Cindy? Sandy? So I doubt he and Pris have something going on.

Well said kelly(y)(y)

Diane
09-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Kelly, I'm just past the middle of reading Jerry's book and he and Sandy have divorced at this point and he's starting a relationship with Myrna Smith of the Sweet Inspirations. Did he and Sandy get back together later? I guess I'll find out.

I don't think he and Priscilla had an affair. I think they were always good friends and still are.

Diane

Getlo
09-14-2007, 07:32 AM
I don't think he and Priscilla had an affair. I think they were always good friends and still are.

How would anyone even know? Jerry was the best looking of the MM, and Elvis flew into a jealous rage one time when he caught Jerry and Cilla laughing and talking over breakfast.

While Jerry would certainly have not got it on with Cilla while she was with Elvis, and probably not while Elvis was still alive, it's quite possible they got together after '77.

And there would have been absolutely nothing wrong or inappropriate in that either.

And, if that did happen, I imagine Jerry would want to keep it quiet ... for a lot of reasons. ;)

Donut
09-14-2007, 01:20 PM

Yes, I have read Jerry?s book, that?s why I was commenting about the kiss at the door restaurant incident, wich I think was totally unnecesary to tell, that?s the reason I think they HAD something going on.

Donut
09-14-2007, 01:24 PM
How would anyone even know? Jerry was the best looking of the MM, and Elvis flew into a jealous rage one time when he caught Jerry and Cilla laughing and talking over breakfast.

While Jerry would certainly have not got it on with Cilla while she was with Elvis, and probably not while Elvis was still alive, it's quite possible they got together after '77.

And there would have been absolutely nothing wrong or inappropriate in that either.

And, if that did happen, I imagine Jerry would want to keep it quiet ... for a lot of reasons. ;)

How you dare to say she could have had somenthig with him!!!! Everybody knows she is stil a virgin !!!

presley31
09-14-2007, 01:24 PM
I don't buy that for one min they had anything going on, do you think LIsa would be happy her mother fooling around with one of her dads friends, give me a break.

Donut
09-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Well, I don?t give passionate kisses to my male friends you know... so there could have been something.

presley31
09-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Well, I don?t give passionate kisses to my male friends you know... so there could have been something.

They wanted to give people something to talk about, but now its a big affair in some eyes, sheesh whats next :doh:

ksimms2
09-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Kelly, I'm just past the middle of reading Jerry's book and he and Sandy have divorced at this point and he's starting a relationship with Myrna Smith of the Sweet Inspirations. Did he and Sandy get back together later? I guess I'll find out.

Diane

No Diane, he marries another lady and her name may be Cindy. If you look in the front of the book he dedicates it to her...I just forgot her name - but I think it's Cindy..???

presley31
09-14-2007, 02:11 PM
yes kelly you got it its cindy, l remember that from jerrys book.

ksimms2
09-14-2007, 02:12 PM

hey it's very possible and if they were both single people, that's their business. Jerry was/is very nice looking and Priscilla was beautiful. So....but like someone said....probably not while Elvis was alive....maybe his death brought them closer.....who knows? But it's their private business....and as far as I know and his book says...he is happily married......

Donut
09-14-2007, 02:12 PM
They wanted to give people something to talk about, but now its a big affair in some eyes, sheesh whats next :doh:

Yeah right, wasn?t Jerry with Myrna at the time? I guess they gave her something to talk about too.
My impression after reading that is they got caught and he wanted to give to the story another turn in his book.

presley31
09-14-2007, 02:15 PM
l disagree, gossip seeems to be the best thing these days.

Vissie
09-14-2007, 02:19 PM

Diane

Diane, I found this passage in Guralnick's book and I thought of your post ;)

Elvis said this during an interview with Lloyd Shearer and Vernon Scott...

"I - when I am pushed to a certain point, I have a very bad temper; so much to the point that I have no idea what I'm doing". Did he blow often? the reporter asked. "Not very often. In fact, I could probably count the times. But when I have, it's always been pretty bad - but that doesn't happen very often, and, of course, everyone has a temper - and then I don't like myself, you know, later."

Diane
09-14-2007, 02:31 PM
There you go Vissie, sounds very plausible to me. It was said Gladys also had quite a temper.

Getlo, you could very well be right that Jerry and Priscilla had a relationship at some point. My answer to that was unthinking, I was in and still am in the middle of reading Jerry's book. I won't discount anything until I'm absolutely sure but doubt if that will even happen with so many things that are said about Elvis and anyone around him.

Diane

ruggishboo
09-14-2007, 03:09 PM
I always got the impression from everything I've read Jerry and Priscilla were good friends, and got along better than any other member of the MM and her did. And as far as I know, they still are. Whether anything ever happened in the past 40 years of a further nature, is between them. Not to step on toes here, I think Elvis always respected Jerry more than the others. Elvis bought him a home I think it was in 1974, and Jerry still has that home to this day. Elvis told him, "your mother died when you were a baby, and you didn't have a home, and I wanted to be the one to give you that home" But, according to Careless Love, after Jerry's first divorce, a girl that he was seeing wound up sleeping with Elvis, who finally owned up to Jerry what had happened. Jerry was understandably hurt and upset, but didn't leave Elvis, just choosing to think it was the pills causing Elvis to act like that. A complex relationship indeed.

Diane
09-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Kelly, you are right. At the end of the book Jerry does marry a Cindy after divorcing Myrna. Haven't found out yet whether that marriage survived.:P

Diane

Getlo
09-14-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't buy that for one min they had anything going on, do you think LIsa would be happy her mother fooling around with one of her dads friends, give me a break.

Oh, please.

Lisa is a grown woman, who's been around the block more than a few times herself, with several different men ... and women, btw.

I'm sure if an affair between Cilla and Jerry happened, and Cilla chose to tell Lisa about it when she got older, Lisa would have handled it fine, and accepted it as something between two consenting adults ...

presley31
09-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Oh, please.

Lisa is a grown woman, who's been around the block more than a few times herself, with several different men ... and women, btw.

I'm sure if an affair between Cilla and Jerry happened, and Cilla chose to tell Lisa about it when she got older, Lisa would have handled it fine, and accepted it as something between two consenting adults ...

if you don't like what l say don't answer

presley31
09-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Kelly, you are right. At the end of the book Jerry does marry a Cindy after divorcing Myrna. Haven't found out yet whether that marriage survived.:P

Diane

Diane
Jerry and Cindy are still happy married, she was at the elvis week with jerry.

Getlo
09-14-2007, 09:48 PM
if you don't like what l say don't answer

Same goes for you.

It's not a matter of not "liking" your posts, either. It's called debate, and offering different opinions to keep the threads going.

And, by the way, you responded to me first with "Give me a break" ... so you obviously didn't "like" one of my posts. ;)

presley31
09-14-2007, 09:51 PM
your block anyway so its doesn't matter

Getlo
09-14-2007, 09:54 PM
your block anyway so its doesn't matter

Fine with me.

If you choose to block me or ignore my posts, that is your prerogative. But you'll be missing out on at least one person's informed opinions.

Have a nice day now ... :P

Diane
09-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Well good Kelly, I'm glad Jerry and Cindy are still together. :)

Diane