PDA

View Full Version : Elvis fans get fined

jon_burrows
09-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Elvis fans are all shook up

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 Two Elvis fans who tormented their neighbours by playing the King's hits at all hours of the day and night have been fined.

Housemates Laura Collins and Samantha Lee also had their stereos seized after they breached noise abatement orders imposed by council officials in Basingstoke, Hampshire.

Andover magistrates fined 21-year-old Collins ?100 and ordered her to pay ?150 court costs after she was convicted of breaching the order.

Lee, who admitted the charge, will pay ?100 costs and forfeit her stereo.

Burning_Love
09-04-2007, 06:52 PM
That's Unfair (n)(n)

elvislady
09-04-2007, 07:00 PM
I read this to, my neigbours are noisey and play crap music i would not mind it if it was elvis music. lol
elvislady:hmm:

ksimms2
09-04-2007, 07:03 PM
BOO!!! Getting in trouble for playing Elvis music....what is this world coming to??? :(

Gerianne
09-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Fined for playing Elvis music too loud - what is the world coming to, lol

ilovelvis
09-04-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm sorry, but I had to laugh when I read this. It hit me as funny. :lmfao:

It's not fair, but leave it to the king to cause controversy, even in death!:notworthy

edbdmiddy
09-04-2007, 11:09 PM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: It hit me really funny too but really it is not funny with all the terrible things going on in the world today... wow someone was lookig for trouble there.

The King's Queen
09-05-2007, 02:14 AM
All I can say is that if I were going to be in trouble with the law, I couldn't think of a better way to do it...TURN IT UP MAN, I LOVE ELVIS!!! :lmfao: :P :lmfao: :king:

bittersuite
09-05-2007, 12:38 PM
I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. I certainly wouldn't have a problem living beside them :clap:(y)

john carpenter
06-08-2008, 07:51 PM
If the youngsters can blare thier boom boom crap. Why can't Elvis fans play thiers? I say turn it up and hear real talent.:notworthy:king:

Diane
06-08-2008, 09:11 PM
You're darn right John....Elvis is way easier on the ears. :D

Diane

SweetCaroline
06-08-2008, 09:24 PM
You're darn right John....Elvis is way easier on the ears. :D

Diane

Well, yes and no. :D ;) I played that awesome ELVIS music so LOUD in youth...I think I have a little hearing loss from it. :D:D:D

SeeSeeRider777
06-08-2008, 10:08 PM
When I am driving I have Elvis blasting and when I stop at a light next to a cop they never say anything to me. But a friend of mine who is black got a ticket for playing rap music. That is messed up. It should be equal to the white person who is playing Elvis and the black person who is playing rap.

SweetCaroline
06-08-2008, 10:49 PM
In 1969 I was a young "apartment manager". We had one tenant that would absolutely BLAST his ELVIS music.:king: Believe me the apartment manager never ever knocked on the door to tell him to turn it down.:D:D:D
I just smiled the biggest smile to know there was a kindred spirit in my vicinity.:D:D:D
Luckily none of the other tenants ever complained or I would have been in a quandary :lol::lol::lol:.

Pelvis
06-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Lol i remember my neighbours banging on my door cos i was playing "Alway on my mind" loud when me and my gf broke up lol

TCBGIRL
06-09-2008, 02:06 AM
Oh boy ma' boy:lmfao::lmfao:

TotallyInsane
06-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Well, yes and no. :D ;) I played that awesome ELVIS music so LOUD in youth...I think I have a little hearing loss from it. :D:D:D

Is that why I always say "huh"?????????????????? :lmfao::lmfao:

SweetCaroline
06-09-2008, 02:35 AM
Is that why I always say "huh"?????????????????? :lmfao::lmfao:

"Uh-huh" :D:D:D

utmom2008
06-09-2008, 03:01 AM

I did too Carole, and to make matters worse I blasted his music with headphones on. My parents thought I was in my room studying since it was nice and quiet in there.....I was studying, studying Elvis' music as loud as it would go directly in my ear.:lmfao::lmfao:

The King's Queen
06-09-2008, 03:37 AM
Lucky me...if I wasn't blasting it, my parents would be! ;) Or else we were singing it ourselves...which was fun too! Guess it's a good thing we always lived in the country....:blush:

Graceland Rain
06-09-2008, 06:03 AM
thats the first time i heard of something like this but, i don't think they were doing any harm by playing Elvis music . i probably would do the same play the music just not as loud but how ever consider of some of the music thats out to day and everything they better be glad it was Elvis music.