PDA

View Full Version : Another Elvis Movie Planned

presley31
09-04-2007, 05:04 PM
ANOTHER ELVIS MOVIE PLANNED

We had an Irishman take on the roll, and now a Welshman could have a go?
They say Jamie McDonnell (above) has the voice, the moves and the looks and at the age of 16, the Garngoch teenager could be
heading for Hollywood stardom after being asked to play Elvis in a new film about The King.

Jamie (stage name Jelvis) was spotted by a movie producer as he sang at Elvis' mansion, Graceland in Memphis, on the 30th
anniversary of The King's death last month. "I was performing at Graceland on the anniversary of the day that Elvis died and that
was already enough for me. But to be asked to appear in a film as well was incredible."

The film is being backed by Elvis author and former bodyguard Sonny West and could go into production very soon. This is just the
latest in a string of "Proposed" movies about the Rock King. A movie based on the book by Jerry Schilling is being discussed and
also the movie from Dee Stanley.

If any of the projects get off the ground is a different matter, although we do kind of hope (judging from past experiences) that none
of them ever get the green light.
Opinions and comments made on this site are the personal opinions of the individuals involved and are not necessarily the views or opinions of the
Elvis Express website or any of it's officials.

marijaep
09-04-2007, 05:06 PM
ouch.....:blink: (n)
I don't like the idea....

Thanks for posting though :D

presley31
09-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Me either Marija.

Getlo
09-04-2007, 05:20 PM
This kid looks NOTHING like Elvis!

And I hope another Elvis movie never gets made.

Everyone knows the story; nothing more could ever be added.

Burning_Love
09-04-2007, 05:24 PM
He doesn't look like Elvis at all..

Personally, please don't hate me, but i would like to see another Elvis movie made, like 'Walk The Line'. You see, Walk The Line brought a new generation into Johnny Cash, i know this because my brother is now a huge fan and people from my school, who wouldn't even consider that type of music.

This would help Elvis into the younger generation..people would finally respect me and other youngsters for liking that music too !!

Or maybe bring out 'Elvis the movie' by Kurt Russell again..

ksimms2
09-04-2007, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't mind another one either - just depends on who they get to play Elvis - some of the actors in the past - well - I just don't think they did a great job.....probably because I'm biased towards our Elvis?

presley31
09-04-2007, 05:26 PM
This kid looks NOTHING like Elvis!

And I hope another Elvis movie never gets made.

Everyone knows the story; nothing more could ever be added.

sorry getlo thats all l seen :blush:

Diane
09-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Nope, I don't think this guy looks at all like Elvis either. I wouldn't mind if they finally made a movie of Elvis that was actually realistic and had someone like Kurt Russel portray him, but I'm afraid these will just be more of the same...

Thanks for posting the article Jen.

Diane

Getlo
09-04-2007, 05:32 PM
sorry getlo thats all l seen :blush:

Huh? Don''t get what you mean here.

Burning_Love
09-04-2007, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't mind another one either - just depends on who they get to play Elvis - some of the actors in the past - well - I just don't think they did a great job.....probably because I'm biased towards our Elvis?

I agree too...it's to hard to get someone to play Elvis !

presley31
09-04-2007, 05:35 PM
never mind getlo misread.

presley31
09-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Nope, I don't think this guy looks at all like Elvis either. I wouldn't mind if they finally made a movie of Elvis that was actually realistic and had someone like Kurt Russel portray him, but I'm afraid these will just be more of the same...

Thanks for posting the article Jen.

Diane

I would love to see the one with kurt russel, never got to see the first one.
Your welcome too:D

Raised on Rock
09-05-2007, 05:12 AM
I believe the one and only movie about Elvis that is worth to be seen is: ELVIS with KURT RUSSELL. It was in fact a good movie. But appart from that, the rest are just painful if not embarasing to watch.

Yes it would be great a new movie about Elvis but only if they get in the right way and for that you need a decent script, a decent director, and a decent actor doing a decent Elvis, an imposible task for the low budget and the lack of talent involved in the projects mentioned in this thread.

vinceeverrette
09-05-2007, 05:13 AM
It doesn't matter who they get to play Elvis or how they write the movie. Trying to capture Elvis to the satisfaction of fans is not going to happen. Trying to remake the magic that was Elvis of the 50's couldn't happen because it was an absolute phenomenon. Besides for that there is so much knowledge about Elvis out there from his fans that you cannot please us while making Elvis appeal to a new audience. The best way to do it would be to just show someone a video of Elvis and tell them that it doesn't get any better than that.

ReGina_89
09-05-2007, 05:20 AM

Personally, please don't hate me, but i would like to see another Elvis movie made, like 'Walk The Line'. You see, Walk The Line brought a new generation into Johnny Cash, i know this because my brother is now a huge fan and people from my school, who wouldn't even consider that type of music.

This would help Elvis into the younger generation..people would finally respect me and other youngsters for liking that music too !!

I think so too Danielle.. I have been a Johnny Cash fan all my life and I think the movie was great (eventhough it was only focused about the John June relationship, but hey! its great to remind us that prue and true love is real and that it can last forever) anyways the guy in the movie look like Elvis more than this 16 year old!!
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/ReGeena89/genrenov05.jpg
They should have a well reserched one like Walk The Line..the King deserves and acadmey award worthy film not just some amture films and miniseries!!:angry:

polksaladhasie
09-05-2007, 08:17 AM

That?s my opinion, too (y)
I love that movie Walk The Line and even if Elvis didnt come over very positive, it was a good movie!

And if they bring a serious movie like that with Elvis.. i think that would be great!

Burning_Love
09-05-2007, 12:20 PM
I think so too Danielle.. I have been a Johnny Cash fan all my life and I think the movie was great (eventhough it was only focused about the John June relationship, but hey! its great to remind us that prue and true love is real and that it can last forever) anyways the guy in the movie look like Elvis more than this 16 year old!!
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/ReGeena89/genrenov05.jpg
They should have a well reserched one like Walk The Line..the King deserves and acadmey award worthy film not just some amture films and miniseries!!:angry:

Ahh yes, he is no Elvis but he does resemble him a lot. (y)(y) He would be great as Elvis, he played the part well in Walk The Line.

The King's Queen
09-05-2007, 01:48 PM
:doh: Oh, the agony!!

If a movie is produced that comes from a book by Sonny...:blink: I think I will pass on it...

If they WOULD do one that is realistic and true to form, that would be great! :clap: The "Walk The Line" movie was great...I love it. (y) But I don't see Elvis getting a fair shake, unfortunately people only WANT the bad side of him...seems to be the main interest for most non or casual Elvis fans. Sad...:'(

presley31
09-05-2007, 01:54 PM

If a movie is produced that comes from a book by Sonny...:blink: I think I will pass on it...

If they WOULD do one that is realistic and true to form, that would be great! :clap: The "Walk The Line" movie was great...I love it. (y) But I don't see Elvis getting a fair shake, unfortunately people only WANT the bad side of him...seems to be the main interest for most non or casual Elvis fans. Sad...:'(

That will be a big miss for me, don't want nothing by sonny:angry::angry:

The King's Queen
09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
That will be a big miss for me, don't want nothing by sonny:angry::angry:

Good morning Jen... :) I'm noticing a pattern here...and I think I like it (y) I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!!! :supriced: :P

ksimms2
09-05-2007, 01:59 PM
I would love to see the one with kurt russel, never got to see the first one.
Your welcome too:D

Actually, Kurt Russell was my favorite Elvis....he did a good job. I haven't seen the movie in a long time with him portraying Elvis....

presley31
09-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Good morning Jen... :) I'm noticing a pattern here...and I think I like it (y) I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!!! :supriced: :P

Must be a good morning if your agreeing with me:lol::lol:

ReGina_89
09-05-2007, 02:15 PM
I agree with you Queen(y)
Anything that Sonny takes part in I will not touch:angry:
Even if they pay me :D

Donut
09-05-2007, 02:23 PM

I agree with you, "walk the line" was a great movie and Elvis deserves a good one like Johnny Cash or Ray Charles wich I doubt we will be able to see untill the old crows involved with EPE pass away.
I don?t think some fans would really like a film like those simply because they focussed too much on Johnny and Ray addictions wich I think is fair because that were part of their life but I don?t think they would like that aplied to their Elvis so I guess not everyone would be satisfied with it anyway.
What I hate most of the movies made about Elvis is that they seem to focuss more on what others around him had to put up with and how important they were in his life than Elvis himself.

Burning_Love
09-05-2007, 02:31 PM
I agree with you, "walk the line" was a great movie and Elvis deserves a good one like Johnny Cash or Ray Charles wich I doubt we will be able to see untill the old crows involved with EPE pass away.
I don?t think some fans would really like a film like those simply because they focussed too much on Johnny and Ray addictions wich I think is fair because that were part of their life but I don?t think they would like that aplied to their Elvis so I guess not everyone would be satisfied with it anyway.
What I hate most of the movies made about Elvis is that they seem to focuss more on what others around him had to put up with and how important they were in his life than Elvis himself.

I totally agree Donut...it will be more about the people around him other than focusing on Elvis and how he actually lead his life.

The King's Queen
09-05-2007, 02:55 PM

Excellent post Donut! (y) You are right...no matter what kind of movie they made...how accurate, or how realistic...there would still be some who wouldn't like it. Just a difference in people...:) I do like what you said about the focus being on others and what they had to put up with outta Elvis... :hmm: Would it not be GREAT if Elvis could voice his opinion and tell us all what he had to put up with??? Oh...I am sure the story would be much different...:king:

The King's Queen
09-05-2007, 02:56 PM
I agree with you Queen(y)
Anything that Sonny takes part in I will not touch:angry:
Even if they pay me :D

Thanks ReGina..(y) WOW...is the world coming to an end or what...? LOL..we are all agreeing this morning...:lmfao:

Hugs...:hug:

presley31
09-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks ReGina..(y) WOW...is the world coming to an end or what...? LOL..we are all agreeing this morning...:lmfao:

Hugs...:hug:
when it comes to Sonny l will agree anyday:D

ReGina_89
09-05-2007, 04:11 PM

Donut in the case of Ray and Walk The Line its actually a good thing to focus on the drugs part of their lives because even though they sank really low they were still able with the love of their wives and the GREAT friends around them they accepted the fact that they had a problem and rose above it. they have both went through the sadness of losing their dear brothers and Johnny had to live with a father that was "never" proud of him and wouldnt have a problem with telling him that right in the face at any time of the day!!!
And he couldnt stop loving his father he would pray for him but sadly his father died still blaming him for Jack's death because he couldnt blame himslef.

In case of an Elvis movie ofcourse people show that they were all for Elvis and Elvis was all for drugs people are bais they'd rather put themselves in the positive light than the man who truely deserve it...its a shame(n) Johnny wrote the draft for Walk The Line and his son modified it (to make his parents love story seem alot more than it was..i understand why but still(n)).

And as for Sonny if i had to choose between him and the devil i'll pick the devil anyday:cursing: he's smooth and decieving..Im really happy thou queen we have a little common ground :P

Diane
09-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Here's another thing that boggles my mind. The movie Walk The Line doesn't portrait Johnny as being an angel either, in fact his temper was much worse than Elvis' and his drug intake was a lot more evident. Elvis was able to hide his addiction a lot better and maintained his dignity in public more as well.

I also bought and read a biography on Johnny that shocked the heck out of me even worse than Elvis What Happened.

So, my question is: Why does everybody come down so hard on Elvis for it but never say much about Johnny? Ditto with John Lennon, Bob Dylan etc. etc. etc.

All I can think of is the bigger the person is, the more some want to tear him down.

Diane

Burning_Love
09-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Here's another thing that boggles my mind. The movie Walk The Line doesn't portrait Johnny as being an angel either, in fact his temper was much worse than Elvis' and his drug intake was a lot more evident. Elvis was able to hide his addiction a lot better and maintained his dignity in public more as well.

I also bought and read a biography on Johnny that shocked the heck out of me even worse than Elvis What Happened.

So, my question is: Why does everybody come down so hard on Elvis for it but never say much about Johnny? Ditto with John Lennon, Bob Dylan etc. etc. etc.

All I can think of is the bigger the person is, the more some want to tear him down.

Diane

Diane Diane...You hit the nail right on the head ! Your are sooo right, i never thought of it like that. Thanks !! :clap:(y)

presley31
09-05-2007, 04:35 PM
true diane
Elvis did introduce Johnny to the pillls, least thats what the movie says, but l do believe johnny was more of a wild child. John lennon was into everything back than, but elvis hid everything he did, it didn't want people talking crap about him, not like the others around him.

ReGina_89
09-05-2007, 04:36 PM

Diane

You know why Diane because Elvis is more important than Johnny Lennon Dylan put together times two!! people will look up to him forever he will ALWAYS be the KING!!! his reign will never be over so when you are the headliner people will dig deeper.
When it comes to Johnny however he is always hard on himslef he told the director of WTL "if there is going to be a bad guy in this film its gonna be me"
he blames himself because ever since he was a child people blamed him for his brother's death to the point that he became obsessed with his death calling a PI to see if it was a murder of an accident. he even kept a seat for him at the table (thus the thanksgiving scene) its even rumored he left a room!!!

ReGina_89
09-05-2007, 04:42 PM
true diane
Elvis did introduce Johnny to the pillls, least thats what the movie says, but l do believe johnny was more of a wild child. John lennon was into everything back than, but elvis hid everything he did, it didn't want people talking crap about him, not like the others around him.

Actually Hank Williams Sr did that...but you know for a movie to have Elvis (BOX OFFICE) Johnny wouldnt have accepted it because he wrote a whole page in his book fighting the "Elvis on Dope" argument. I LOVE JOHNNY HE'S MY IDOL Sept 12 03:'(

presley31
09-05-2007, 04:48 PM
l haven't read alot about jonny, but what l do know he was as wild as they come, but l wouldn't say anything bad about him either, just for the fact l don't know much.

Getlo
09-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Why does everybody come down so hard on Elvis for it but never say much about Johnny? Ditto with John Lennon, Bob Dylan etc. etc. etc.

Simple.

Elvis' image - both by his own hand and by fans and the media machine - was sanitised over many years until "The King" was portrayed as almost perfect in everyone's eyes.

Certainly the best looking of the people you mentioned - and many more who succumbed to the perils of drugs and an unhealthy lifestyle - his physical deterioration was made all the more painful because he had farther to fall.

Also, most of the others here managed to maintain their appearance, which Elvis didn't in the last couple of years. Lennon, Dylan etc maintained their drug usage for many years, although Lennon had a bad time with heroin. And they managed to use their drugs of choice and come out the other side only marginally worse for wear. Drugs - for the most part - rarely affected their creativity and lifestyles.

Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix etc took it too far, and burned out quicker than Elvis did. He burnt out too in exactly the same way ... it just took him 21 years to do it.

Additionally - and this is probably an unfair criticism - Elvis made a lot more crap music than the rest mentioned here. And, I suppose in the general public's eye, it's all tied in somehow. (But I digress here).

Johnny Cash - with very few exceptions - managed to maintain his musical credibility throughout his life. Elvis, sadly, did not. And for those that disagee, I have three words for you: the movie years. While the Beatles were delivering Sgt Pepper, Elvis gave us Clambake. And the seventies were very similar.

Elvis died an awful, undignified death, and I think the general feeling among the public was that he'd somehow let us down by going that way. The "perfect", all-Amercian boy kept his secrets hidden all his life. He was the first of the big, "established" rock stars to go, really.

Diane
09-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Getlo, yup you had a lot of valid points there, but I for one LIKED and ADMIRED the fact that Elvis tried to hide his addiction because in so doing he didn't influence his fans into doing it too. Can you imagine how many kids Lennon and others have to account for because they made it seem like the "cool" way to be? A lot of them lost their lives in doing so. I sure wouldn't want to be in their shoes when they reach the Pearly Gates!

Diane

The King's Queen
09-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Getlo, yup you had a lot of valid points there, but I for one LIKED and ADMIRED the fact that Elvis tried to hide his addiction because in so doing he didn't influence his fans into doing it too. Can you imagine how many kids Lennon and others have to account for because they made it seem like the "cool" way to be? A lot of them lost their lives in doing so. I sure wouldn't want to be in their shoes when they reach the Pearly Gates!

Diane

I have to "Amen" that one Diane...(y)

Jailhouse-Rocker
09-05-2007, 06:25 PM

i agree! (y) i would like to see a movie about Elvis' life (even if it is just the past movie brought out again) and it would help the younger generation become more interested (as i will personally drag them to go watch it!)

but i don't think that person (Jelvis) above should be in a new movie about The King ... he doesn't look a thing like Elvis! (n)

Donut
09-05-2007, 08:51 PM

Diane

Diane I think the reason is they had the time to straight themselves and live for many years after that on the "right path", they continued with their music etc...
When Elvis died he was at his worst and that image is what remains in people?s minds.

ReGina_89
09-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Diane I think the reason is they had the time to straight themselves and live for many years after that on the "right path", they continued with their music etc...
When Elvis died he was at his worst and that image is what remains in people?s minds.

So did John Lennon!!

Diane
09-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Yes I think you are right Donut. Elvis died at his very worse, but it gripes me that the others are now washed squeaky clean in comparison when they aren't. Except for Keith Richards, there are always a lot of jokes going on about him and he's also one who influenced a lot of young people to drugs, but for some reason I kinda like him as he has also done a lot for charities, helped others in the music business so maybe he's balancing things out a bit. He has a sick funny kind of humor but he shows his personality more and I think maybe that is not a good thing in show business.....gives the press etc. amunition.

Diane

Donut
09-05-2007, 09:56 PM
So did John Lennon!!

Just put one picture of each of them at the end of their life together and you?ll know what I meant.
Their death was quite different too...

ReGina_89
09-05-2007, 10:14 PM
I know you are right Donut, i didnt mean that literary. John at a point when Sean was born end of '75 started staying at home more..so his record sales went down bit by bit and remember he was on illegal drugs..so finally he makes this record that is gona get him moving again n wack some crazy dude shoots him. The difference is that Elvis died on a cross of his own making (very sad:'()but John didnt however both their careers were on a constant downwards turn!!:blink:

Getlo
09-06-2007, 06:00 AM
So did John Lennon!!

No, Lennon was at his nadir in the early seventies when Yoko briefly left him and he was using heroin.

He died on the verge of another creative cusp - drug free (well, except for marijuana which was never even an issue); he'd just recorded two albums worth of what would prove to be his best solo work and was planng another tour. He was happy at home and with his life. He died in a good space.

As for Elvis dying at his worst? Certainly, yes, in terms of the drug intake and erratic behaviour.

But in terms of physical appearance? No. His worst was in February '77, especially the show at Hollywood, Florida.

Getlo
09-06-2007, 06:03 AM
IJohn at a point when Sean was born end of '75 started staying at home more.

This was by his own choice, though. The difference is Elvis was still out there making music, but the career was still in the doldrums ... for many years.

T_J
09-07-2007, 07:08 AM
but i don't think that person (Jelvis) above should be in a new movie about The King ... he doesn't look a thing like Elvis! (n)

Jamie Foxx doesn't look a thing like Ray Charles and Joaquin Phoenix looks nothing like Johnny Cash, and that didn't seem to bother anyone. I kinda like the enthusiasm of this Jelvis kid though and he's not bad for 16...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7HArj3w0Bw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcxGVORQSpE&NR=1

We always get caught up in the looks when an Elvis film is made, but really no-one is ever going to pull off the looks because Elvis was unique.