PDA

View Full Version : Elvis On Tour

ElvisChick
08-27-2007, 01:50 AM
Does anyone know if or when this will be coming out on DVD anytime soon? I just watched and i really really like it and want to buy it.

thanks!:D

King_Creole
08-27-2007, 02:27 AM
It's not yet available, but, eventually, we will get this film on DVD !

I have a decent copy of this "original" film on the VCD format from Hong Kong and it looks great !!!

If you ever get a chance, goto ebay and seek out the "imports" of Elvis from the April 1972 concert tour that makes up the footage of this film and you will be stunned !!!

A few friends of mine who were in Memphis during Elvis week had heard from the ElvisInsiders conference, and the head of Warner, that something "Big" is planned to come out in January of '08 from Elvis on the DVD format.

Guess we will just have to wait ...

bestseller92
08-27-2007, 08:09 AM
It aired on TV Land tonight. Hadn't seen it for a while; it's great.

elvis himselvis
08-27-2007, 10:05 AM
It's not yet available, but, eventually, we will get this film on DVD !

I have a decent copy of this "original" film on the VCD format from Hong Kong and it looks great !!!

If you ever get a chance, goto ebay and seek out the "imports" of Elvis from the April 1972 concert tour that makes up the footage of this film and you will be stunned !!!

A few friends of mine who were in Memphis during Elvis week had heard from the ElvisInsiders conference, and the head of Warner, that something "Big" is planned to come out in January of '08 from Elvis on the DVD format.

Guess we will just have to wait ...

I hope they will release EOT(y)(y)
It's great!!!!
:king:

President Presley
08-27-2007, 10:21 AM
I've got Elvis On Tour on DVD for quite a while now.
I ordered it from a Dutch fanclub for 20 Euro's.
Here's the link to their website: http://www.itselvistime.com/

Wild_In_The_Country
08-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Try Ebay, i got elvis on tour dvd from there(who knows if its a genuine copy though)

dave the rave
08-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Try Ebay, i got elvis on tour dvd from there(who knows if its a genuine copy though)

So did I..pleased with it.

ksimms2
08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
that ebay has everything doesn't it??? I'll check there too and also the other link that was posted - thanks! Also someone told me about another site: www.elvis-collectibles.com that has music downloads, film clips, etc.

Burning_Love
08-27-2007, 07:33 PM
I would love to see this, i have seen bits and got it on video but it's really not that clear and i think there are bits missing. But if it does come out i will be the first to buy it :D:D:D

KPM
08-27-2007, 08:23 PM
I've got 2 official VHS copies with different cover art which I bought years ago. One I got new the other from a video store which was going out of business. Both had exactly the same footage as the theatrical release.

bestseller92
08-27-2007, 11:57 PM
"Elvis on Tour" is currently rocking the Amazon video charts. It's the #8 overall bestselling video (down from #3) and the #1 music video, as well as the #1 documentary video.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/video/ref=pd_dp_ts_v_1/103-2923617-1466213

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/video/133/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_v_1_2/103-2923617-1466213

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/video/508530/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_v_2_2_last/103-2923617-1466213

The King's Queen
08-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Just went and checked out Ebay...they didn't have this listed for DVD...they did have a VHS listed, but beware...it is in PAL format. :doh: Just make sure your player can play this back before you order it...mine can't.

karenC
08-28-2007, 12:58 AM
I've got 2 official VHS copies with different cover art which I bought years ago. One I got new the other from a video store which was going out of business. Both had exactly the same footage as the theatrical release.

I wish I could get ahold of the theatrical release one. I remember watching Elvis on Tour when it came on HBO years ago and when I finally bought it, on VHS, some of the scenes were cut out. No doubt an EPE move.;)

Geert
08-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Never seen the complete On Tour film. Only a short piece a couple years ago. Would love to have it on dvd. Also some complete concerts from that tour would be great.

thehillbillycat
08-28-2007, 03:09 PM
I wish I could get ahold of the theatrical release one. I remember watching Elvis on Tour when it came on HBO years ago and when I finally bought it, on VHS, some of the scenes were cut out. No doubt an EPE move.;)

EPE doesn't own EOT or any of the other movies.:P:blink:;)

Tony Trout
08-28-2007, 03:57 PM
I've got Elvis On Tour on DVD for quite a while now.
I ordered it from a Dutch fanclub for 20 Euro's.
Here's the link to their website: http://www.itselvistime.com/

Most of these so-called "DVDs" are just DVDs transferred from VHS tapes....they aren't what you would call an "official" DVD.

PE doesn't own EOT or any of the other movies.

You are correct. Warner Brothers/MGM own the rights to "Elvis On Tour" if I'm not mistaken.

KPM
08-28-2007, 08:05 PM
EPE may have marketing agreements with studios but have no say so as to when anything is released. They probably would like to see them out because of mnay of ELvis's movie contracts called for profit participation-usually 50% profits after the film recoups the initial costs.

medleyofcostumes
09-05-2007, 08:15 PM
What about a three dvd set containing:

Disc 1: The original film remastered in 5.1 dolby surround sound

Disc 2: Three complete performances:

Disc 3: Performances from other performances filmed but unused in discs 1 & 2, plus rehearsals from March 1972, Elvis' interview with the directors filmed in March and the complete MSG press conference.

Wishful thinking? What do you think?

THE KING ELVIS
09-05-2007, 08:23 PM
i hope that sooooooooooooooon

EP75
09-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Can you imagine how cool it would be to see Elvis On Tour in Imax format as part of the new Visitor's center at Graceland in the near future? Oh wait, that's right. Some fans don't want to see an Imax theater there for the full experience of what EP was all about and would keep it old fashioned and run down and eventually shut down.

poormansgold76
09-05-2007, 08:56 PM
EPE doesn't own EOT or any of the other movies.:P:blink:;)

You Are Right on that they don't have rights on His Elvis only his name and his voice to point, Turner have rights most his movies now TTWII and EOT they own 100% and RCA/BMG Own Records They Did.
EPE had Rights of some records tapes, they sold them back in 1980's, most them was own by Tom Parker.
Tom