PDA

View Full Version : This is elvis

rich
08-24-2007, 07:56 PM
I recived my this is elvis on dvd last week and at the end it shows elvis last concert for about 10 to 15 mins and I think thats the close we going to get to seeing elvis last concert in that quality. I have it on dvd but its very poor quality. Does anybody agree.:king:

Circle G
08-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I think your right Rich, It's unlikely ever to be released.
I also have this on dvd, the quality of the televised show on my disc actually isnt too bad but the complete shows which were edited to form the cbs special & also included on the disk are very poor quality. Most fans ( myself included ) would like to have this released in full quality, but we view him through the eyes of love. EPE will consider the general public - and they may be right that this show would reinforce some of the negative stereotypes of Elvis held by the non-fans out there. I have to say one of the two shows filmed ( cant remember off hand which one ) is not a very good show at all.
Elvis on tour out-takes is probably higher in most peoples minds than this and more likely to be released.

Raised on Rock
08-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Anyhow, This is Elvis, both versions, along with Elvis '56 are the best documentarie about Elvis life until now.

I expected more of the DVD release, some extras or some expanded over the expanded unedited footage. Anyway, the VHS cover was way much cooler than the one of the DVD which I believe it sucks, the VHS has an adaptation of the original Movie Poster which was fantastic! ...well at least its finally on DVD.

Raised on Rock
08-25-2007, 07:35 AM
I think your right Rich, It's unlikely ever to be released.
I also have this on dvd, the quality of the televised show on my disc actually isnt too bad but the complete shows which were edited to form the cbs special & also included on the disk are very poor quality. Most fans ( myself included ) would like to have this released in full quality, but we view him through the eyes of love. EPE will consider the general public - and they may be right that this show would reinforce some of the negative stereotypes of Elvis held by the non-fans out there. I have to say one of the two shows filmed ( cant remember off hand which one ) is not a very good show at all.
Elvis on tour out-takes is probably higher in most peoples minds than this and more likely to be released.

I do agree with you, Elvis On Tour has to be the target of a major DVD Elvis release now, not the CBS special, although an FTD first video release would be the ideal way to release it.

Sonny
08-25-2007, 12:33 PM
It wasn't the last concert rich, but the last profilmed footage of Elvis live. The last concert was on the 26th of June as you know of course.

Sonny