PDA

View Full Version : News report:Over 60,000 took in the vigil last night!

EP75
08-16-2007, 07:32 PM
There are many news reports claiming that as many as 60,000 plus took in the candle light vigil last night and it was the largest gathering ever. One report said 70,000.:supriced: Those numbers could be true because they were still walking up at 9AM this morning.:supriced:

Graceland had planned for an estimation of about 40-50,000. Even they were off by about 10,000. What's more amazing is one news report earlier in the day said that it was doubtful that as many would attend it due to the deadly heat.LOL I guess EP is more important than the media thinks.(y)

BTW hats off to those who braved the heat to honor the King. Name another celebrity, or human for that matter that fans would do that for, at that rate and that many at that? I'm waiting.:D

EP75
08-16-2007, 11:28 PM
UPDATE:They are now saying that the official number of attendance at the vigil was an astonishing 75,000!:supriced: The nealry doubles what they had for the 25th.

I was listening to a Memphis sports radio on the Internet and they were talking about how it was unbearable but that the event is the biggest thing in Memphis and how everyone should go. They really built it up and said that they usually stand in line for about an hour and a half but this time they were there from 11:30 at night to 5:30 in the morning waiting to go up. They said it was an unbelievable amount of people sort of like a tailgate party at a football game.

But 75,000! Wow!:supriced: