PDA

View Full Version : Live from Graceland

The King's Queen
08-16-2007, 03:34 AM
Anyone have any thoughts or comments about the CNN broadcast of Larry King Live that aired tonight? :king:

TLC67
08-16-2007, 03:37 AM
I thought it was good. She wasn't all about herself for once. I'm going to watch it again in a little while as I missed the first few minutes.

presley31
08-16-2007, 03:37 AM
I enjoyed it very much, loved the graceland tour and watching the fans just outside with the candles in there hands, wish l could of been there.

TLC67
08-16-2007, 03:39 AM
Did you see the CNN helicopter shots right before dark? I was sooo envious of all the people that were there. Well, maybe next year!

Tony Trout
08-16-2007, 03:43 AM
Did anybody notice the huge boo-boo Priscilla made by telling Larry that Gladys died there at Graceland in her bedroom? She did not die at Graceland....she died at Baptist Memorial Hospital.

presley31
08-16-2007, 03:47 AM
I missed that tony, but everybody forgets sometimes.

TLC67
08-16-2007, 03:51 AM
OMG! I missed that! I know she wasn't there at the time of Gladys death but how could she forget that? Maybe she was just nervous or something. And she is getting up in age no matter what she looks like on the outside.

The King's Queen
08-16-2007, 04:04 AM
Did anybody notice the huge boo-boo Priscilla made by telling Larry that Gladys died there at Graceland in her bedroom? She did not die at Graceland....she died at Baptist Memorial Hospital.

Oh yeah...I caught that one too! Also caught the "boo-boo" that Larry King made by referring to Pris as "Elvis' wife", instead of "Elvis' ex-wife". :nono:

presley31
08-16-2007, 04:06 AM
no matter is was great anyhow, might watch it again.

Patsy
08-16-2007, 04:47 AM
I really wanted Larry to grill her about not being his wife. I respect the womans business savvy, but I cant STAND the way she still carries on as if she was his widow , instead of his ex.Did you hear her say "it was as if we werent divorced".....uuuugh Shes made several statements through the years ,judgeing Elvis' moral charachter....yet shes lived with several men, oh the hypocracy.....I understand the reason why shes never relinquished her imaginary throne....but its sad that new generations ,dont know the real deal.The clips they incorporated in the show were amazing.....I cried. The Man still moves me to tears after 30 years. The "James Bond " phone was awesome! 1966.....LOVED IT! Our man was the original bling-blinger. I was hoping theyd step into one of those small rooms downstairs..between the pool room and the bright yellow "den" in the basement...oh the thrill to see "facilities" lol Oh yes the RED phone in the kitchen, what a hoot....that was his Batline to the gate.....loved it. :D

presley31
08-16-2007, 02:14 PM
larry was calling her elvis wife, so please what are you all talking about???

Colonel2
08-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Larry, not our King, MISSED it totally....
to announce to the whole world that Elvis has sold over ONE BILLION records, so far...and so did Cilla...It was mentionned but did not "rock" the whole music world, although EP has achieved this unequaled fact...in history
Why did Larry King not talk about it for 10 minutes so that the General Public and 50 million LK viewers plus 50,000,000 of Efans could let it all sink in...and comprehend .... Sorry Frank, MichaelJ, Tom, Hempy, Julio, Ricky a.o.
Totally missed to be an interesting show. Had more of a promo for a Gracland tour visit...Cilla's way...than it was an homage/life/history achievement for the King, so well-deserved !!! Sorry Larry...won't forgive you this MISSED opportunity.:angry:

presley31
08-16-2007, 02:36 PM
we all have different opionions

ksimms2
08-16-2007, 02:42 PM
I, for one, enjoyed the interview. I think Priscilla didn't boo-boo about Gladys dying in the house, I don't think she understood that is what Larry said - she had her back to him. I think she did a great job and also - it's a known fact that Elvis and Priscilla stayed close after their divorce and he eventually asked her to come back...so I don't understand making the big deal about that. He never remarried -even Linda Thompson who he was with for 4 years or so - Priscilla is the only Elvis Presley wife and will always be associated with him and she still has a hand in running his business......and as Larry King said - she is not only his ex wife - but his widow.

Okay...now about the tour - I was just there in June and darn I'm jealous because they had taken the ropes down for Larry King and the media....I would have loved to have been in the jungle room or the living room, etc. Even the kitchen is roped off to the public....

Holly
08-16-2007, 02:53 PM
I think it was great :clap: (I like Priscilla and really don't know what you guys have against her?!:mad:) And the CNN helicopter shots were amazing......such a beautiful view. Wish I could be there too. :'(:'(

love ya Elvis :wub::'(:'(:hug:

Holly :king:

presley31
08-16-2007, 03:09 PM
It was nice nothing that Lisa still comes and visits. It also was touching that lisa spends time upstairs where her father spent alot of time, maybe she feels close to him up there.

karladil
08-16-2007, 03:09 PM
I saw Larry King this morning and I love it... I never was at Graceland and I enjoyed to see the people with the candles.. Wish I could be there.. One day I will do it..

It was ok with Priscilla, but I missed Lisa Marie? Why doesn`t she come there too?:hmm:

ELVIS FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burning_Love
08-16-2007, 03:25 PM
does anybody know where i can watch this on the internet ? As i am from England, i don't have this channel and would like to see it (y)

GirlHappy19
08-16-2007, 03:26 PM
I like it alot.Prescilla was not so about herself this time.She was different.And about being his ex-wife,is true.It was his only marriage.BUT one thing that kills me is why she kept the PRESLEY last name?$$$?And what the heck is inside those rooms upstairs?Why are they closed to the public?I understand about Elvis' room,but what else is up there?Anyone?Why so many times Cilla refered to Elvis as "Elvis is"And not"Elvis was"?Let me stop.I got to see the show twice.Eastern time and later Pacific time because I got the Dish.Hope you all enojy it too.

GirlHappy19:(

"I MISS YOU ELVIS"

presley31
08-16-2007, 03:36 PM
There is nothing fans can do about priscilla using the presley name.

tcbeus
08-16-2007, 04:30 PM
I enjoyed watching the program.I was thinking about only Elvis ,this whole thing is about him.

MIElvis
08-16-2007, 04:34 PM
it's a shame this woman cannot age gracefully. her plastic face rivals her former son-in-laws M. Jackson

Cherokee
08-16-2007, 04:46 PM
I really wanted Larry to grill her about not being his wife. I respect the womans business savvy, but I cant STAND the way she still carries on as if she was his widow , instead of his ex.Did you hear her say "it was as if we werent divorced".....uuuugh Shes made several statements through the years ,judgeing Elvis' moral charachter....yet shes lived with several men, oh the hypocracy.....I understand the reason why shes never relinquished her imaginary throne....but its sad that new generations ,dont know the real deal.The clips they incorporated in the show were amazing.....I cried. The Man still moves me to tears after 30 years. The "James Bond " phone was awesome! 1966.....LOVED IT! Our man was the original bling-blinger. I was hoping theyd step into one of those small rooms downstairs..between the pool room and the bright yellow "den" in the basement...oh the thrill to see "facilities" lol Oh yes the RED phone in the kitchen, what a hoot....that was his Batline to the gate.....loved it. :D

ITA. I see you're new here. I just referred to this thread
http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=8227
in another thread on this board.
It's a pity that everybody goes along with it. The essence of Elvis
is up for dollars even more so than when he was still alive. I guess
the rotten Colonel was quite right when he said Elvis was being
packaged and sold as a product more after his death by the family
than before by him.

presley31
08-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Lets all remember the king and not what people are doing.

leah
08-16-2007, 05:26 PM
I think it was great :clap: (I like Priscilla and really don't know what you guys have against her?!:mad:) And the CNN helicopter shots were amazing......such a beautiful view. Wish I could be there too. :'(:'(

love ya Elvis :wub::'(:'(:hug:

i second that(y)

Diana
08-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Well that is true! There are so many gossips about Elvis, but do we really should care? He is our man and we know that he is the best!:king:
I hope I would see it on the internet later, 'cause I don't have this channel... still there are many news connected with the anniversary, where Cilla is called widow or wife! It makes me just so awfully angry! But I'm trying to calm myself down,'cause sometimes it seems almost not possible to bare with all this stuff:'(

SweetCaroline
08-16-2007, 05:36 PM
:king:I thought the interview was one of the best Priscilla has ever given. She promoted ELVIS more than herself for a change. When asked if she loved ELVIS still she seemed a bit caught off guard and the reply came out a bit awkward. As much as Priscilla wanted to be a Hollywood lady, she still comes off uncomfortable in front of cameras. The bottom line is ..I did enjoy the program..especially the clips of ELVIS.:king:

poormansgold76
08-16-2007, 05:36 PM

You Right remember Elvis not anothers are doing, this get me mad:angry:, people have to see that with out her, Graceland might be gone today, after Elvis die the up keep of graceland was 1/2 million a year.
that's she opening it for to save it and let us fans to see it. so what she done bad things in past, all we did once. I'm stop here and this might my last post for few weeks or month.
TOM

EP75
08-16-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't know why so much hostility towards Priscilla but I thought she gave a very touching and graceful interview last night. Maybe ehr best ever. And the woman looked absolutley stunning and gorgeous and youthful. The best I have sen her look in years. She looked more like she could have been in her mid 40's and not her early 60's.:supriced:

Last night on Larry King, I could see Priscilla at times drifting back in time as she described the importance of each room. It for once looked like a real home. Especially in his mother's room and closet. The way she walked around there wasn't like she was just doing a show all interview. You could see she loved being there again. The way she described the kitchen and said how they would sit on have coffee in the morning. I guess EP wasn't a night owl after all. LOL The moment that touched me the most was when she was holding his wallet and it still had a picture of Lisa in it. She gazed at it with a smile and you could tell she was missing him that moment. Larry King saw that and said :you still love him." She was puzzled by his comment and said of course she does and never stopped. they just grew apart.

Overall Priscilla and Lisa both earned their respect this week. They could have as always shied away from the EP fans and frenzy of Elvis Week. But instead they joined the party and showed some great love. I hope the fans reward them tonight with a standing ovation at the concert. They do deserve that.

EP4MEUK
08-16-2007, 05:46 PM
does anybody know where i can watch this on the internet ? As i am from England, i don't have this channel and would like to see it (y)

I have searched the net and upto now there is nothing but I am sure it will appear like you Burning_Love I am from the UK and really want to see it.....I did find the transcript from the interview so I hope that will be ok for now I suppose ;)

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/PriscillaPresleyOnLarryKing.html

Susan x

Holly
08-16-2007, 05:48 PM
I don't know why so much hostility towards Priscilla but I thought she gave a very touching and graceful interview last night. Maybe ehr best ever. And the woman looked absolutley stunning and gorgeous and youthful. The best I have sen her look in years. She looked more like she could have been in her mid 40's and not her early 60's.:supriced:

Last night on Larry King, I could see Priscilla at times drifting back in time as she described the importance of each room. It for once looked like a real home. Especially in his mother's room and closet. The way she walked around there wasn't like she was just doing a show all interview. You could see she loved being there again. The way she described the kitchen and said how they would sit on have coffee in the morning. I guess EP wasn't a night owl after all. LOL The moment that touched me the most was when she was holding his wallet and it still had a picture of Lisa in it. She gazed at it with a smile and you could tell she was missing him that moment. Larry King saw that and said :you still love him." She was puzzled by his comment and said of course she does and never stopped. they just grew apart.

Overall Priscilla and Lisa both earned their respect this week. They could have as always shied away from the EP fans and frenzy of Elvis Week. But instead they joined the party and showed some great love. I hope the fans reward them tonight with a standing ovation at the concert. They do deserve that.

Beautiful reply........(y)(y):clap:

GirlHappy19
08-16-2007, 06:17 PM
I know I am one of them.I was just wondering if anyone felt the same as me.

ksimms2
08-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Elvis would eat breakfast in the afternoon - when he finally woke up - I am reading Jerry Schilling's Book, "Me and a guy named Elvis" and he was explaining that.....when he was doing movies he had to be on a normal schedule - sleep at night - up early for casting calls. But when he was performing or at Graceland - he was up at night and slept all day...according to Elvis' schedule....Jerry says that it was Elvis' time and it seemed as if the rest of the world didn't exist....because while the world was awake during the day, they were sleeping, and vice versa.....pretty good book....you guys should read it.

alstrada
08-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Larry King At Graceland

http://dessaintes.webbuilder02.hostbasket.com/images/0.9(5).jpg

Cherokee
08-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Elvis would eat breakfast in the afternoon - when he finally woke up - I am reading Jerry Schilling's Book, "Me and a guy named Elvis" and he was explaining that.....when he was doing movies he had to be on a normal schedule - sleep at night - up early for casting calls. But when he was performing or at Graceland - he was up at night and slept all day...according to Elvis' schedule....Jerry says that it was Elvis' time and it seemed as if the rest of the world didn't exist....because while the world was awake during the day, they were sleeping, and vice versa.....pretty good book....you guys should read it.

Exactly. It's the rewriting of history, like he lived the white picket fence
life with her. One of the reasons they divorced was because at that time,
she complained how a) he was almost never there and b) he had
a totally different day and night rhythm that she could not keep up
with nor did she find it healthy for a small child to grow up in.
Now she uses the word "always" remarkably often, whenever she
describes things they supposedly did together.....

Lisarose
08-16-2007, 07:28 PM

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2007/08/16/lkl.elvis.medium.cnn

You can also find previous interviews if you're interested. I enjoyed this one very much.

EP75
08-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Exactly. It's the rewriting of history, like he lived the white picket fence
life with her. One of the reasons they divorced was because at that time,
she complained how a) he was almost never there and b) he had
a totally different day and night rhythm that she could not keep up
with nor did she find it healthy for a small child to grow up in.
Now she uses the word "always" remarkably often, whenever she
describes things they supposedly did together.....

I do believe that she does love and miss him as much as we do. I also think she has every right to be a part of his world and the legacy since she was his only wife. None of us know for sure what went on in their marriage. Only her and him knew. Not even the bodyguards knew, even though they like for everyone to believe that they did. I also believe had he had lived that they probably would have reconciled eventually. He was too hung up on her to ever give her up. They actually discussed the thought of giving it another shot before he passed.

I too have criticized her in the past. But as of late and since her wonderful tv special Elvis By The Presleys I have grown to respect and understand her better. She is however keeping the flame burning.

It's like the song says, you never stood in those shoes or saw things through others eyes. So it's hard to comprehend what that life must have been like for her and what it remains to be like 30 years later. And keep in mind certain ones have painted her as the villain. And we all know who those certain ones are too.

tcbeus
08-16-2007, 09:03 PM
(y)(y)(y)Agree!

And i agree with EP75,i think about Priscilla the same.We never lived her life.It must be hard to live with someone like Elvis Presley.And very easy to criticize.

Elvisguy
08-16-2007, 09:08 PM
I think this was the first time an interview was conducted at Graceland with Priscilla ....would have been even better if Lisa were there too:D

KPM
08-16-2007, 10:49 PM
It was amazing to see how big the corwds were.

edbdmiddy
08-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Larry, not our King, MISSED it totally....
to announce to the whole world that Elvis has sold over ONE BILLION records, so far...and so did Cilla...It was mentionned but did not "rock" the whole music world, although EP has achieved this unequaled fact...in history
Why did Larry King not talk about it for 10 minutes so that the General Public and 50 million LK viewers plus 50,000,000 of Efans could let it all sink in...and comprehend .... Sorry Frank, MichaelJ, Tom, Hempy, Julio, Ricky a.o.
Totally missed to be an interesting show. Had more of a promo for a Gracland tour visit...Cilla's way...than it was an homage/life/history achievement for the King, so well-deserved !!! Sorry Larry...won't forgive you this MISSED opportunity.:angry:

Boy Buddie you hit the nail on the head. I was asking myself if Larry was putting the makes on Elvis' x-wife... He sure did not spend much time on all the wonderful things that Elvis did in his short life of 42 years... Long live the King!!!

Maybe someone should tel larry that when you get a divorce... you are not a widow.. it is not like she was madly in love with him... she had plenty of men in her life during and after her marriage to Elvis. Oh gosh, I guess that is ok for her to do .:lmfao::lmfao: Boy Larry King, I changed my mind about you!!

presley31
08-16-2007, 11:27 PM
we all think different.....

The King's Queen
08-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Boy Buddie you hit the nail on the head. I was asking myself if Larry was putting the makes on Elvis' x-wife... He sure did not spend much time on all the wonderful things that Elvis did in his short life of 42 years... Long live the King!!!

Maybe someone should tel larry that when you get a divorce... you are not a widow.. it is not like she was madly in love with him... she had plenty of men in her life during and after her marriage to Elvis. Oh gosh, I guess that is ok for her to do .:lmfao::lmfao: Boy Larry King, I changed my mind about you!!

we all think different.....

Ok...looks like thread has brought out a lot of opinions...:blink:
Look, I personally agree with middy that she is his ex-wife and not his widow. I don't care so much that she chose to carry the Presley name...that really was her choice to make. I knew someone who divorced and she made a statement that I respected very much...she said that if she couldn't live with the man, why keep his name? I always thought that she made a valid point. But that doesn't mean that everyone feels that way. Pris has a title..ex-wife. Not wife, not widow. And I am not saying that to be mean...it's just the truth, plain and simple.

Presley31...I feel kinda bad for you, because you obviously have a different opinion than most do about Priscilla, and you seem to have to defend yourself quite a bit because of it. I respect you for your opinion, and I hope that you don't think otherwise. I just can't find it in my heart to actually like the woman. But you seem to, and that's ok. :)

Let's not tarnish Elvis' wonderful legacy by being cruel to one another. We can agree to disagree...can't we??? (y)

Burning_Love
08-17-2007, 12:19 AM
Haha i laughed when it said 'Widow' today when watching her talk. Widow ?? I thought they divorced?

EP75
08-17-2007, 12:43 AM
Priscilla herself laughed when he said that then said "I never thought of it that way". maybe because they were divorced. Although there have been rumors that the divorce was never 100% finalized. So maybe she is a widow.

beau stewart
08-17-2007, 02:09 AM
:king:I think it was way to short 1 hrs come they did not show the new jump suit atraction
are his jewelry even opra was taken to the under ground valt:hmm:

ElvisChick
08-17-2007, 02:22 AM
Does anyone think or know if they will replay this broadcast again?I missed it and would love to see it.

riley
08-17-2007, 03:40 PM
I absolutely loved the programm.

The clips were great, the questions and answers were touching.

Great vieuws of the house and of the candlelight.

Pris looked great this time and I was happy to see her in other colour then always the black ones she seems to wear so often.

Her face and hair looked great too and she did well, was very spontaneous, warm and funny.

The things she showed might have been personal belongings of her still, that she brought with her:hmm:

the wallet, the sunglasses and the amulet and Lisa's first christmas card.