PDA

View Full Version : Elvis songs to get you out of a depressed mood?

LisaMarie
03-08-2004, 08:03 PM
Ok my dear Elvis friends, I need help to get out of this God awful depression. I've gotten dumped by the love of my life and had surgery in the same week. I don't know if it's possible to feel any worse, lol. Please help cheer me up!!! This is your calling for this week to cheer your fellow Elvis fan up so she can smile again!!!

Now first I was thinking of some Elvis songs, but none of the "Separate ways", "It's Over", kind of stuff... are there any songs that are like "better of without you" kind of songs, lol? Also, I need to rent some movies to get my mind off of the pain in my heart and my body, lol. Any suggestions? Peferebly something to make me laugh, but not hard enough to burst my stitches!!!

Bobby, I'm hoping you can help me out here, you've always been there for me...."Don't Leave Me Now........." :wink:

Wisa

Lonniebealestreet
03-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Sound advice, young god.

I'd have to listen to the songs more, but just thinking about the titles, When I'm Over You and I'm Movin' On seem appropriate.

The fast songs, the rockers would generally be a good bet. Do you have Cut Me And I Bleed or any similar collection? As Ron said, the laughing version of Are You Lonesome Tonight--boy, it's hard not to at least smile when you hear that. Laughter is of course the best medicine. I'll have to scan through my CDs later and so if I see some other specific things to recommend, I'll let you know.

Movies...If you want to watch an Elvis movie, I'd shoot for Follow That Dream, but I don't have to tell you that. Have you seen Matchstick Men yet? It just came out on video in the last week or two, and I'd definitely recommend that. It has lots of funny moments, although hopefully nothing too stitch-busting, and it's got plenty more to offer too.

I hope that helps, and I may have to recommend more to you later.

:)

LisaMarie
03-08-2004, 08:38 PM
LisaMarie,

Just between the two of us, I got dumped many times :D , and i look like a young god!

Well, really now Unchained? I'm pretty cute if I must say so myself, lol. Guess it doesn't matter what you look like, heartbreak is as heartbreak does, lol....

Thank you for the song recommendations, sounds good!

Bobby, I don't have the Cut me amd I Bleed, but I have a very comparable one called Elvis X-rated. I'll be sure to put that one in! And I haven't seen Matchstick Men, I'll have to look for that as soon as I'm able to get up and around.

Thanks guys, this is a good start!!!

Lisa :wink:

Lonniebealestreet
03-08-2004, 08:45 PM
You're welcome, Lisa. If I remember correctly, that Elvis X-Rated has many of the same but more tracks than CMAIB does, so you're in good shape there. And I really do think you'll enjoy that movie. Take care!

Captain Elwood David
03-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Time to break out the ol' -----> '68 Special (or better yet, "Outtakes") ........ that'll definitely help do the trick!!

My best to you Lisa.

- Capt. "EL."

sam
03-09-2004, 02:34 AM
some of the FTD' like "long lonely highway"(maybe not a good title for you at the moment :( ) But the alt. takes etc. on these FTD's are great listening.

:)

LisaMarie
03-09-2004, 02:39 AM
Thanks guys, keep em coming!!

Also, I REALLY need some movie recommendations!!!! I'm going to be laid up here for a while and I need some entertainment, lol. :wink:

KiwiAlan
03-09-2004, 04:34 AM
When I'm down I play the hard rockers to blow the blues away.

like Hard Headed woman, Dirty Dirty Feeling, King creole, Tutti Frutti, Long Tall Sally etc etc.

Playhem loud and proud :D

Dan
03-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Hey,Lisa,

As Elvis said,I wont care "A Hundred Years From Now" that's a sort of better off without ya song,isn't it? Mmmm..not sure now.

Anyway,chin up! :wink:

Albert
03-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Most of the happy songs are from soundtracks. This mix of songs is a potion that will cure some of your heartache:

a Cane And High Starched Colla
A Dog's Life (laughing version)
A House That Has Everything
A World Of Our Own
Almost Always True
Baby, If You'll Give Me All Of Your Loving
Barefoot Ballad
Beach Shack (laughing version)
Big Boots (fast version)
Bossa Nova Baby
The Bullfighter Was A Lady
C'mon Everybody
Catchin' On Fast
Change Of Habit
Chesay
Clambake
Come Along
Confidence
Cross My Heart And Hope To Die
Dainty Little Moonbeams
Datin' (Laughing version)
Didja' Ever
Dominic
Down By The River Side and Whe
Drums Of The Islands
Easy Come, Easy Go
Everybody Come Aboard
Follow That Dream
Frankfort Special
Frankie And Johnny
Fun In Acapulco
G.I. Blues
Girl Happy
Girls, Girls, Girls!
Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do
Guadalajara
Happy Ending
Hard Knocks
Hard Luck
Harem Holiday
Have A Happy
How Would You Like To Be
Husky Dusky Day
I Don't Wanna Be Tied
I Got Lucky
I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell
I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here
I'll Be Back (great lyrics)
I'll Take Love
I'm Not The Marrying Kind
I've Got To Find My Baby
Island of Love
It Won't Be Long
It's A Wonderful World (great lyrics)
It's Carnival Time
Ito Eats
I?m a Roustabout (remastered)
Kissin' Cousins (Hillbilly Overdub)
Little Egypt
Look Out, Broadway
The Love Machine
Mexico
My Desert Serenade
One Broken Heart For Sale (great lyrics)
Paradise Hawaiian Style
Petunia, The Gardener's Daught
Plantation Rock
Poison Ivy League
Queenie Wahine's Papaya
Return To Sender
Rock-A-Hula Baby
Scratch My Back
She's A Machine
Shoppin' Around
Shout It Out
Sing You Children
Smokey Mountain Boy
Spring Fever
Stop Where You Are
Take Me To The Fair
There's A Brand New Day On The Horizon (great lyrics)
There's Gold In The Mountains
This Is Living
This Is My Heaven
Tonight Is So Right For Love
Vino, Dinero Y Amor
We'll Be Together
What A Wonderful Life (great lyrics)
Who Needs Money
Wonderful World (great lyrics)
The Yellow Rose Of Texas
Your Time Hasn't Come Yet Baby

Some silly songs, some happy and all upbeat. Hope this works (it works with me :D )

Lonniebealestreet
03-09-2004, 01:56 PM
:o Wow! If that doesn't do the trick, nothing will!

BTW, Nice to see you here, Kiwi. :D

LisaMarie
03-09-2004, 02:10 PM
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! Hey, what do you say we all meet up somewhere for dinner? I'll even spring for the check.....

What do ya say? :wink:

Lisa

Albert
03-09-2004, 02:20 PM
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!  Hey, what do you say we all meet up somewhere for dinner?  I'll even spring for the check.....

What do ya say?  :wink:  

Lisa

If I had $400 to spare, I'd jump in the first plane to Pittsburg :D

Lonniebealestreet
03-09-2004, 02:22 PM
How about Elvis Presley's Memphis? Aw hell, nevermind. :twisted:

:wink:

Albert
03-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi Lisa, I have attached a song for you to help you cheer up a bit. Mind the great lyrics :D

P.S. Annie
03-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Sounds good to me! (the trip I mean, and off course the food!) :lol:

Hi Lisa, nice to hear from you again! Hope you feel better soon. Songs that make me happy is pretty much all the 50's stuff, and yes the laughing version of Are you lonesome thonight (already mentioned before) well pretty much everything that rocks.

P.S. Annie
03-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Sorry Albert, our messages crossed, I also like the sound you send!

jbgude
03-09-2004, 05:09 PM
'k. Lisa, put on your Blue Suede High Heel Sneakers and your short red dress... there's good rockin tonight! (if you can spring out of bed for Dinner then you can dance the old 2 step).

BTW : In addition to the laughing AYLT which lifts me up most times, I would put on the "Live at the International" and let the neighbourhood complain ! :lol:

Come back Lisa, come back girl ..wipe the tear from the eyes ....

:) jb

Lonniebealestreet
03-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Great song to play, Albert! It picked me up a little too. :D

NightRider
03-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Nice one Albert
There are a few movie tracks that make you happy/smile-
Have a Happy
Wonderful World
Happy Ending
Not the strongest elvis material around - but guaranteed to give you that happy feeling :)

Albert
03-10-2004, 11:05 AM
Nice one Albert
There are a few movie tracks that make you happy/smile-
Have a Happy
Wonderful World
Happy Ending
Not the strongest elvis material around - but guaranteed to give you that happy feeling :)

And that's why I like the movies: they are fun and simple entertainment :D

Lonniebealestreet
03-10-2004, 02:17 PM
No messages and this and that... :wink:

Sonny
03-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Safe me a seat, you guys... :D

We'll manage to cheer you up LisaMarie...

Hope you're feelin' better soon.

Sonny

LisaMarie
03-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Wow, at this rate I'll never be lonely again, lol!!! A plane full of messageboard hunks, what else could a girl ask for??? :lol:

You guys are the best, but I'm sure you already knew that!

P.S. Annie
03-10-2004, 09:14 PM
You guys are the best,
Lisa  :wink:

A.....just the guys............. :( :wink:

LisaMarie
03-10-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm sorry P.S. Annie, when I said guys I meant everyone!! Around here where I live guys could mean men or women, and I usually remember to type in "and gals" and this time I forgot!!! My sincere apologies!!!!

And of course us women all need our female confidants!!!

Love ya!!

P.S. Annie
03-10-2004, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry P.S. Annie, when I said guys I meant everyone!!  Around here where I live guys could mean men or women, and I usually remember to type in "and gals" and this time I forgot!!!  My sincere apologies!!!!  

And of course us women all need our female confidants!!!

Love ya!!

Lisa  :wink:

Thank you :lol:

The same to you from this part of the world :D

carolynlm
03-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Hey Lisa,
Its great to see you again, :lol: I have really missed you. The songs the guys and gals have given you are really fantastic, I might just need to borrow a couple for myself.
I hope you keep in touch with me because I had always felt you and I were kindred spirits.

P.S. Annie
03-10-2004, 10:15 PM
I wish we could all (guys and gals :wink: ) meet up for drinks somewhere. What would be the best place?? So that we all have to travel about the same amount of miles/km.?

carolynlm
03-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Probably Fiji :)

P.S. Annie
03-10-2004, 10:20 PM
O, well that sounds oke with me, never been there 8) Probably a good time to try some new cocktails :idea:

LisaMarie
03-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Hey Lisa,
Its great to see you again,  :lol:  I have really missed you. The songs the guys and gals have given you are really fantastic, I might just need to borrow a couple for myself.
I hope you keep in touch with me because I had always felt you and I were kindred spirits.

Hi Carolyn, I've missed you too. I'm here, at least part of me, lol.

Albert
03-10-2004, 10:52 PM
I think Graceland is the most central point of this world :P We should hook up there :)

By the way. here's another track that will juggle a smile on your face :lol:

NightRider
03-10-2004, 10:54 PM
I think Graceland is the most central point of this world   :P  We should hook up there  :)

Now thats an idea i like....if i could ever afford to get there :(

P.S. Annie
03-11-2004, 07:37 AM
I think Graceland is the most central point of this world   :P  We should hook up there  :)

By the way. here's another track that will juggle a smile on your face   :lol:

Off course Graceland 8) Thanks for the Track Albert, nice beginning of a new day :!:

Sonny
03-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Graceland sounds just great....

Have to do some serious saving though :D

Sonny

jbgude
03-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Have any of you guys(and gals) tried the Elvis - "Meet Up" ?
I joined one but they always cancelled out my city due to there being less than 5... I will not mention the **** for fear of being lynched, but I have tried to meet some fans at Fan club "meets" and NOT ONE person has responded to a smile ......let alone a hello :shock: :(

As you may guess I am a stranger in my own(adopted) home town.

jb :cry:

P.S. Annie
03-11-2004, 07:43 PM
:D :lol: 8) :) :D :lol: :lol: :) :lol: :) :D 8) :D

Hope this helps!!!

LisaMarie
03-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Have any of you guys(and gals) tried the Elvis - "Meet Up" ?  
I joined one but they always cancelled out my city due to there being less than 5... I will not mention  the ****  for fear of being lynched, but I have tried to meet some fans at Fan club "meets" and NOT ONE person has responded to a smile ......let alone a hello :shock:  :(  

As you may guess I am a stranger in my own(adopted) home town.

jb :cry:

Hi jbgude!

I have been very reluctant to go to one of those meetings because of the very reasons you stated, lol! I think it's better to know people a little (like online) before you meet up with them in person. Last year I went to the Elvis - the Concert in Atlantic City and a bunch of us from another messageboard met up for drinks before the concert. It was so much fun to see each other in person, to put a face to a name, and to of course talk about our "common interest", lol. I think that would be great to do something like that with the people on this board and FECC. But with everyone from so many different Countries, etc. it's near impossible.

Sonny
03-12-2004, 06:09 PM
You're right LisaMarie, it is impossible to meet so many people from so many countries...

For now, let's just be happy with boards like these...

Are you feeling better allready?

Sonny

jbgude
03-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Well Lisa at times I feel that I am spending way too much time on line instead of listening to the music ......

But then again the is this craving to see what is going on in the E world .

jb

From Beyond the Bend :roll:

LisaMarie
03-12-2004, 10:29 PM
You're right LisaMarie, it is impossible to meet so many people from so many countries...

For now, let's just be happy with boards like these...

Are you feeling better allready?

Sonny

Hi Sonny!

Yes, I am feeling a little better every day - with a little help from my friends... :wink:

Thank you very much for asking, that was very sweet of you!

Lisa :D

LisaMarie
03-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Oh Unchained, those are SO beautiful!!!!!! You brought tears to my eyes! :cry: I've never refused flowers or chocolate, lol!!!! Thank you so much! You've brightened up my day more than you know!!

circa1956
03-17-2004, 05:22 AM
Elvis Meet-Up is a joke when it comes to where I live because I think the only people meeting up would be me and my shadow lol :) There's no one from my area on that thing.

- Stacy-J.

richardo316
11-13-2004, 11:54 PM
if you are depressed, just listen to songs like steamroller blues,promised land,or polk salad annie. that's what i do

U.S. Male
11-14-2004, 01:39 AM
My choice of songs is:

Hound Dog
Trouble
Tigerman
Big Boss Man
U.S. Male
Old Shep

Jumpsuit Junkie
11-14-2004, 10:08 AM
My choice of songs is:

Mystery Train/Tigerman
Polk Salad Annie
My Little Friend
Any Day Now :clap:

There are just to many to mention. :P

scobaby
11-14-2004, 10:13 AM
Hi all. :D This is my 1st post here. The song that comes to mind here is "Bridge Over Troubled Water". It does it every time. (y)

carolynlm
11-14-2004, 10:22 AM
This thread was started so long ago, eh Lisa, so much has happened. But the song that makes me laugh out loud every time is Down In The Alley. Not just the song, but when Charlie and Elvis were trying to record it. You know the one? To all the newbies out there, try and get hold of this, borrow, steal or beg if you have to, it's well worth it. Now someone please come back with the import it's on, I can't remember..... :'(

Jumpsuit Junkie
11-14-2004, 11:15 AM
I just thought............................... One of the best songs ever to raise my spirits is the Laughing version of "Are you Lonsome Tonight" this is an absolute corker, Elvis was really in good spirits, my brother (who is not an Elvis fan in any way) just loves this song and says it will always put a smile on his face also. if you haven't got it, get it

T_J
11-14-2004, 11:19 AM
This thread was started so long ago, eh Lisa, so much has happened. But the song that makes me laugh out loud every time is Down In The Alley. Not just the song, but when Charlie and Elvis were trying to record it. You know the one? To all the newbies out there, try and get hold of this, borrow, steal or beg if you have to, it's well worth it. Now someone please come back with the import it's on, I can't remember..... :'(

There's Always Me vol4.

carolynlm
11-14-2004, 11:22 AM
Thankyou TJ, I knew it was one of them, but wasn't sure which one.

P.S. Annie
11-14-2004, 02:11 PM
The outtakes you mentioned Carolyn, I Just heard them a couple of days ago for the first time, and it is great :D

WMarkJ
12-18-2010, 01:17 AM
gotta love this thread

david72
12-18-2010, 03:52 AM
For me when I am having a bad day here are some songs that make me feel better
Power songs like Bridge or Trilogy
Fun movie songs like Follow that dream, WOnerful world(from live a little love a little)
Hearing elvis lauh, Like are you lonesome tonight from 69 or Datin or a beach shack(while not the greatest songs the laughter by elvis is just great

Lisarose
01-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Pocketful of Rainbows never fails to make me smile
and now I've gotta add the Laughing Version of AYLT!!

yemina
01-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Pocketful of Rainbows never fails to make me smile
and now I've gotta add the Laughing Version of AYLT!!

I love those songs, too Lisarose :clap: And other cheerful songs like Have A Happy it makes me smile even if I'm sad :D (y)

slystallone1946
10-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Elvis Presley Gospel