PDA

View Full Version : This is a really hilarious story from the '76 recording session's(re:Vernon) !!!

nolvis
08-14-2007, 10:29 PM
From Joe Esposito and Joe Russos book-Elvis-Straight Up-:lol:-

Speaking of "blue",it was during the session for "Hurt" that Elvis recorded a unique version of that song especially for his father.After completing the master take,he asked Felton and the band to run through the song one more time.When he reached the spoken part of his performance,Elvis twisted the lovelorn recitation into a shocking, X-rated verbal assault that would have made late 80's comedian Sam Kinnison blush!Once we all regained our composure,Elvis sent for his father,Vernon,and said,"Listen to this,Daddy.You'll love it".Felton ran the playback of "Hurt".The song's dramatic opening crescendo followed by Elvis' booming opening line blared through the speakers,filling the room with sound:"I'm...soooohuuuuurrt".Vernon listened intently to Elvis's impassioned,powerful vocal,nodding his approval.Moment's later came the spoken second verse:

"I'm hurt...
much more...god***it honey,
I told you so...shit!...
yes darling,i'm so hurt...c***sucker!
Because...I still love you so...motherf***er!"

Vernon turned red."Oh,lord have mercy,son...what am i gonna do with you? he said,burying his face in his hands.It truly was one of the funniest prank's I've ever seen Elvis pull off.By the way,don't count on hearing this version of "Hurt" anytime soon.I believe Felton saw to it that tape was destroyed.:lol::):king:(y):king:(y)

Leroy
08-14-2007, 10:59 PM
That X-rated version of "Hurt" has not been destroyed. I have heard it a few times. I'm pretty sure there must be a download possible somewhere.....

nolvis
08-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Thank's for the info Leroy!I think i've heard it before!?I love the story regarding this particular recording,it's really funny!Joe Esposito has many great stories to tell in his newest book's!:)(y):king:(y)

Danny Ocean
08-14-2007, 11:17 PM
I heard this version too it is on a bootleg

KPM
08-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Go to the thread list and I posted on one which was up a while back to bring it back to the top it has the x-rated Hurts link on You tube.
The video with the song has been removed Sorry

Diane
08-14-2007, 11:47 PM
I have heard this before and being a woman don't care for the words but I find it funny that he was trying to get a rise out of his father - which he did.:D

Again though he left himself open for someone to pinch this tape and use it to discredit him in some way................:doh:

Diane

Dovey
08-15-2007, 12:17 AM
It is on many imports, I first head it on "Cut Me & I Bleed" Dovey ;)

Cry Baby
08-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Here: http://media.putfile.com/Elvis-Presley---Hurtx-rated
:D

nolvis
08-15-2007, 12:53 AM
:)Thank's alot for the link there Cry Baby!:)(y):king:(y)

Lonniebealestreet
08-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Felton did in fact see to it that the tape was destroyed. I believe his wife burned it for him.

The reason the recording lives on is that David Briggs had a tape recorder going during part of the Jungle Room sessions -- Elvis saw it and didn't seem to care -- and that is why the performances we have heard are of lower sound quality and in most cases, the tape speed has not been corrected (it's slow): they are made from his recording.

I don't think he recorded anything else that has not been released, like America The Beautiful or some of the tracks that he is rumored to have recorded. I have it on a tape somewhere. Well, if he did record anything like that it hasn't been released to my knowledge.

SweetCaroline
08-15-2007, 04:47 AM
That's our sweetiepie...cussing or no cussing...:D:D:D

WHAT A VOICE!!! :notworthy

Merry
08-15-2007, 07:10 AM

:(y)

A kind fan from here sent it to me when I first started posting here, lol

Very funny!

Kim

Diana
08-15-2007, 11:19 AM
I think I heard it on youtube. I guess you should write "Hurt" x-rated if you wanna hear it. And this is a trully amaizing take!

artfromtex
08-15-2007, 12:11 PM
thanks for clearing that up. i wondered why he would go off on such a tirade.

alstrada
08-15-2007, 12:21 PM
CUT ME & I BLEED (Double "G" DG 003) (Released 1999)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contains 22 tracks, all available somewhere
else. More or less "x-rated" material.
Supposedly printed in only 500 ex.
Probably the correct amount.... Different studio and live takes

Ode To a Robin
Wings Of An Angel
U.S. Male (take 4)
100 Years From Now (uncut)
Got My Mojo Working (uncut)
I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water (uncut)
Only The Strong Survive (uncut)
It's Midnight (reh. Aug. 16, 1974)
Promised Land (reh. Aug. 16, 1974)
Hurt (X-rated)
Cindy, Cindy (uncut)
Goin' Home (takes 16/19)
Beach Shack (Takes 1/3)
Don't Cry Daddy (reh. July 24, 1970)
Heart Of Rome (reh. July 24, 1970)
Memories (reh. July 24, 1970)
Stranger In My Own Home Town (reh. July 24, 1970)
Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues (live, Aug. 19 1974)
You Gave Me A Molehill (reh. March 31, 1972)
Polk A Little Sock Salad (reh. March 31, 1972)
American Trilogy (Las Vegas, Aug 30, 1974)
Monologue (Drug Story)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Review by Crister Berge

Released in 1999, CUT ME is a collection of 22 "X-rated" studio / live / rehearsal tracks that weren't suitable for official release, because of rude language. They even squeezed in a poem, 'Ode To A Robin,' which has a surprise ending, and the infamous "drug monologue" from closing night in Vegas, August 1974 (released in its entirety on Fort Baxter's DESERT STORM). Lots of "****************" in all its different inflections and "mother****************er" is Elvis' favourite choice word of poetic spice. The title is a paraphrase on the remark "There's blood running through my veins" that Elvis uttered in a 1962 interview. "After all, Elvis was only human." No shit?! Playing time is 74:29 and the packaging is appealing: it sports three great color pictures of Elvis with fans from 1968, '69 and ? But: The editing between the songs is horrendous, there's a spelling error in the track list and the liner notes MUST be written by someone whose second god****************ed language is English!

It starts out with a good example of Elvis' sense of humour. He says: "Did-did you hear the little poem that I wrote?" Elvis recites the words dead-serious, but the comical twist at the end breaks everybody up. It was taped by Elvis' girl friend Linda Thompson at her home. I laughed as Hell first time I heard it! 'Wings Of An Angel' is a rotten song, unknown to me, jaded by poor sound, and very short: just over a minute. The line "the balls of a big hairy coon" is the reason why BMG has not released it.

Since BMG has issued it, there are no swearwords in 'A Hundred Years From Now.' The profanity is to be found in Elvis' pre-song comment: "There goes my ****************ing career, right down the drain." First "mother****************er" of the CD is in the uncut master of 'Got My Mojo Working,' which runs for five minutes. From the same session, 'Muddy Water' is also five minutes, the dirty language here is just a mere "shit" at the end. All of the songs from 1970 are in excellent sound, by the way. 'Cindy, Cindy' features an extensive guitar solo by James Burton. Elvis shouts "Fade this mother****************er!" at the end.

The Memphis sessions are represented with the well-known alternate take of 'Only The Strong Survive' where Elvis is recitin' a letter: "Listen, you little cocksucker..." From a '74 rehearsal comes yet another "mother****************er" as 'Promised Land' gets some poetic justice: "...the mother****************er's on the line".

In 'Hurt,' Elvis incorporates words like "goddammit", "shit", "cocksucker" and "mother****************er" to the lyrics during the recitation. The funny thing is that it's a complete take and not bad at all, 'cept for the swearing, of course. Audio is terrible, and if you've read Arjan Deleen's excellent interview with Ernst Jorgensen, the reason for this is that it's a fifth generation reference copy. The original tape was allegedly destroyed by Felton Jarvis' wife, due to the vulgar (and tragic!) nature of the performance. And obviously, it is NOT "take 69"! Awful sound in 'Goin' Home.' Elvis struggles with the song and after another failed take, says "**************** the fever, man."

Four songs are taken from a 1970 rehearsal: 'Heart of Rome' gets the romantic treatment with lyric changes as "I'll take a piss in ev'ry fountain." Funny? You be the judge. 'Memories' is a classic. While chewing gum, Elvis pants, imitates a cow, a dog, a cat and even Burton's wah-wah guitar. Hilarious! BMG released the 5? minute long 'Stranger In My Own Home Town' on the box set WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES in a censored version. Very different from the studio recording from American Sound, it's transformed into a slow blues, in the tempo of 'Reconsider Baby' or 'Merry Christmas Baby.' And the poetry is at full bloom here: "I'm gonna start drivin' that mother****************in' truck again" - - - "all 'em cocksuckers stopped bein' friendly..." At the end he incorporates some of the members of the Memphis Mafia in an extra, spur-of-the-moment verse. And they tell me he didn't write songs!

From opening night in Las Vegas, Aug. 19, 1974, comes a wonderful reading of 'Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues,' where Elvis sings "Play around you'll lose your wife - I already done that... Play too long you'll lose your life - I almost did that."

Well, well, well. Hardly a must-have, this one.

www.rareelvispresley.com

rhythmknights
09-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Just found this on a search for something else, a question, was this the only studio recording of Hurt? The only versions I've heard were live performances.

Getlo
09-25-2007, 04:03 AM
Just found this on a search for something else, a question, was this the only studio recording of Hurt? The only versions I've heard were live performances.

The studio version of Hurt was originally released on the album From Elvis Presley Boulevard Memphis Tennessee.

Getlo
09-25-2007, 04:04 AM
I don't think he recorded anything else that has not been released, like America The Beautiful .

America The Beautiful - or a portion of it at least - can be heard on The Jungle Room Sessions CD. Apparently, this is all that's left of the studio version as the original tapes were re-used.

rhythmknights
09-25-2007, 04:10 AM
thankyou, Getlo!

Awickedreigndrop
09-25-2007, 04:14 AM
I love his sense of humor it was sooo funny! :lmfao:

Rover
09-25-2007, 09:27 AM
:lmfao: I think I love Elvis' humor...Thanks for sharing the link :)

toffe
09-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Haha, funny.
"Cut me and i bleed" can be downloaded from Jordans Elvis world
http://jordans-elvis-world.com/audio/cutme/cutme.htm

marijaep
09-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Haha, funny.
"Cut me and i bleed" can be downloaded from Jordans Elvis world
http://jordans-elvis-world.com/audio/cutme/cutme.htm

woooooooo hoooooo :clap:
Awesome! :D:D:D
Thank you Toffe :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

jatta-tcb
09-25-2007, 10:37 AM
yes.. I have heard this song a long time ago in youtube.. maybe it can be found there still. :) great song.. :lol: he really had great sense of humor :lol:

poormansgold
09-25-2007, 01:32 PM
I hear about this version for 8 years, I got on my own cd for myself, from another downloads.
we know he hear another songs that are x-rated one is "Heart Of Rome"(rehearsal version), and Only Strong Survive, plus Stranger in my own hometown (Rehearsal), there
Love Me That I'm so Hornly From TTWII rehearsal and there Moody Blue have F--- in it too.
It's sound That You Shock hear Him saying those words

elvis himselvis
09-26-2007, 05:12 PM
It's a funny X-rated song.
I've heard it on Youtube,but it's removed.

Lonniebealestreet
09-27-2007, 02:44 AM
America The Beautiful - or a portion of it at least - can be heard on The Jungle Room Sessions CD. Apparently, this is all that's left of the studio version as the original tapes were re-used.
Absolutely. I should have said in its entirety. Good call.

Man, that reminds me of the excitement of giving that CD its first listen and hearing that at the end of the CD...I guess almost ten years ago. The instrumental track of There's A Fire Down Below had ended and the counter for the playing time of the CD was still ticking. Having just weeks before then played another CD with a hidden track (believe it was Jimmy Buffett), it did occur to me that I was likely in for a similar treat with this Elvis CD. And after about 15 seconds of silence, sure enough there was the last 20 seconds of ATB. Not a lot, but a little bit of gold for the Elvis enthusiast. What was there certainly sounded great and left the listener pining to hear the complete performance.

Getlo
09-27-2007, 07:04 AM
And after about 15 seconds of silence, sure enough there was the last 20 seconds of ATB. Not a lot, but a little bit of gold for the Elvis enthusiast. What was there certainly sounded great and left the listener pining to hear the complete performance.

I had no idea the track was going to be at the end.

As I played the CD for the first time, I dozed off on the couch and woke up at the end of Fire Down Below. As I lay there waking up, I thought I was hearing things when that bit of America came on. A nice surprise, and a pity the whole thing doesn't exist ... yet!

Suzan
09-27-2007, 07:16 AM
I loved his sense of humor or hearing about it...priceless.
But this was not destroyed, I have heard this version and there is one of it online.:)

Getlo
09-27-2007, 07:18 AM
I loved his sense of humor or hearing about it...priceless.
But this was not destroyed, I have heard this version and there is one of it online.:)

You mean the full studio version of America? Can you post a link?

Where is your source? :lol::lol::lol:

Suzan
09-27-2007, 07:40 AM
LOL source! :D:D:D:D Sure can, :)
Give me few min. to locate, but I was talking about "Hurt" X version lol
But site also has America I believe...I go hunt and come back w/link for you Getlo :D:D:D:D

elvislady
09-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the link.
elvislady:D

Getlo
09-27-2007, 07:43 AM
LOL source! :D:D:D:D Sure can, :)
Give me few min. to locate, but I was talking about "Hurt" X version lol
But site also has America I believe...I go hunt and come back w/link for you Getlo :D:D:D:D

Oh, ok.

Yes, I've heard Hurt ... but I don't think America exists in full.

Suzan
09-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Here you go Getlo:D
"Hurt" X-rated: http://jordans-elvis-world.com/audio/friends/friends.htm
13th down from top or thereabouts.:D
"America" link: http://jordans-elvis-world.com/audio/americbeaut/americbeaut.htm
12th down from the top.:)

Getlo
09-27-2007, 07:47 AM
This won't play on my PC. I'll check it out though when I get into work later.

Thanks.

Suzan
09-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Well drat.:(

Your very welcome.:)

K let me know if it doesn't work I try to send to u a different way so u can hear them.:D

Stryx
09-27-2007, 10:49 AM

Speaking of "blue",it was during the session for "Hurt" that Elvis recorded a unique version of that song especially for his father.After completing the master take,he asked Felton and the band to run through the song one more time.When he reached the spoken part of his performance,Elvis twisted the lovelorn recitation into a shocking, X-rated verbal assault that would have made late 80's comedian Sam Kinnison blush!Once we all regained our composure,Elvis sent for his father,Vernon,and said,"Listen to this,Daddy.You'll love it".Felton ran the playback of "Hurt".The song's dramatic opening crescendo followed by Elvis' booming opening line blared through the speakers,filling the room with sound:"I'm...soooohuuuuurrt".Vernon listened intently to Elvis's impassioned,powerful vocal,nodding his approval.Moment's later came the spoken second verse:

"I'm hurt...
much more...god***it honey,
I told you so...shit!...
yes darling,i'm so hurt...c***sucker!
Because...I still love you so...motherf***er!"

Vernon turned red."Oh,lord have mercy,son...what am i gonna do with you? he said,burying his face in his hands.It truly was one of the funniest prank's I've ever seen Elvis pull off.By the way,don't count on hearing this version of "Hurt" anytime soon.I believe Felton saw to it that tape was destroyed.:lol::):king:(y):king:(y)

The tape isn't destroyed I have the recording.

If im not mistaken it's on the Bootleg Cut Me and I Bleed. I could be wrong as I don't have the CD in front of me to check, but I do have the audio track.

poormansgold
09-27-2007, 01:19 PM
The Master tape of That Version Was destroyed.

Getlo
09-27-2007, 01:21 PM
"America" link: http://jordans-elvis-world.com/audio/americbeaut/americbeaut.htm
12th down from the top.:)

Nope. That version of America is a live one from November '76, not the studio version.

Suzan
09-28-2007, 02:00 AM
Awe man Getlo I am sorry!...k I do more searches and I ask friend of mine.:D:D I get back to you soon as I find anything, if anything.:) It's gotta be someplace.:D