PDA

View Full Version : The latest Elvis item(s) you bought/got...

jatta-tcb
08-10-2007, 11:53 PM
So.. let us know your latest Elvis stuff you got/bought.. (y)

Well.. today I bought a few DVDs..and I got some CDs with I ordered via internet.

DVDs:
Stay away, Joe
Charro
Girl Happy
Jailhouse Rock
Viva Las Vegas
Kissin' Cousins

and
CDs (only FTDs):
The Impossible Dreams
Summer Festival
All Shook Up
Made in Memphis
Jungleroom Sessions

An yes.. I got them all today.. :) I don't even know when I have time enough to watch those DVDs :lol:

(and yesterday I bought This is Elvis and TTWII)

TLC67
08-11-2007, 12:32 AM
I got "The Jungle Room Sessions" CD a couple of weeks ago, and the "I'll Be There -That's The Way It Should Be" DVD, which is outtakes of TTWII.
I love 'em!!
I also have "Jambalaya" from La. in 1975, on the way.

thehillbillycat
08-11-2007, 02:37 AM
DVDs:
Charro!
Girl Happy
That's The Way It Is (2 Disc Special Edition)

CDs:
Viva Las Vegas (2 Discs)
Southbound
Burning In Birmingham
Artist of the Century (3 Discs)
Event Number 8
Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis (Not the FTD)

That is what I got within the last couple of weeks.

Wendy56
08-11-2007, 02:39 AM
I bought a couple of vinyls... Rare ones.

toffe
08-11-2007, 06:28 AM
I`ll be there Vol 1, 2
Elvis on tour:Through my eyes :king::king:

Albert
08-11-2007, 07:22 AM
last CD I bought are the FTD's Raised On Rock and Unchained Melody (y)

Sheila
08-11-2007, 07:37 AM
I GOT TWO ELVIS PEZ! I OPENED ONE OF THEM SO I CAN GET THE CD.
ALSO, LAST WEEK GOT THE VIVA LAS VEGA DOUBLE CDS! ONLY LISTENED THE 2ND ONE AND IT WAS GREAT!!! WILL LISTEN THE WHOLE ONE IN THE AFTERNOON WHILE I CLEAN UP MY ROOM.:lol: SHEILA

Sheila
08-11-2007, 07:39 AM
OH, FORGOT ONE MORE...PLAN TO BUY ELVIS DVD NEXT WEEK..."THIS IS ELVIS"... IS IS WORTH IT TO BUT? MOST COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. I HAVE IT ON VHS, BUT WANT IT ON DVD.:hmm:

thehillbillycat
08-11-2007, 12:41 PM
OH, FORGOT ONE MORE...PLAN TO BUY ELVIS DVD NEXT WEEK..."THIS IS ELVIS"... IS IS WORTH IT TO BUT? MOST COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. I HAVE IT ON VHS, BUT WANT IT ON DVD.:hmm:

Don't listen to a word of what people says about This Is Elvis. Most fans complains about something with This Is Elvis and TTWII. This is Elvis is a great release the only thing is that the 1983 expanded version comes for a first generation VHS. The theaterical version is perfect from the original 16mm film.

eiluvial
08-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Just bought Jailhouse Rock, This is Elvis and TTWII.

Rising Sun
08-11-2007, 02:14 PM
I bought a 30th Anniversary DVD collection containing:

- Blue Hawaii
- Easy come, Easy go
- Fun in Acapulco
- G.I. Blues
- Girls, Girls, Girls
- King Creole
- Paradies, Hawaiian Style
- Roustabout

aaand a CD "Elvis as recorded at Madison Square Garden" (y)

Rising Sun :lol:

goodelvisgirl
08-11-2007, 03:45 PM
well last things i bought were cd's
tiger man anthology vol.6 and vol.2 they are great i also bought the recording
of his father just to hear what he sounded like

jon_burrows
08-12-2007, 06:04 PM
I was at Graceland lest week and while there I bought "The Way It Was" book/CD.

elvislady
08-12-2007, 06:19 PM
I had made for me by my friend a picture of elvis from his early years made with cross stich, its really beautiful it cost me ?45.00 to have put in a frame here is the pic. this is the one not in the frame.
elvislady:D

stefankoch
08-12-2007, 06:23 PM
I just bought two very rare vinyl`s :doh: they were expensive.

I posted the pictures and the kissin cousins is the one without the family picture and the Reconsider baby there is only a few copies of it in the world.

Lisarose
08-13-2007, 12:16 AM
I bought the new 6-DVD releases of Elvis movies - Charro, Tickle Me, Live A little Love a Little, Stay Away Joe, Girl Happy, Kissing Cousins. Plus This is Elvis. I'd never seen This Is Elvis before, it's very interesting! elvis was quite randy!:blush: :lol: I also bought Elvis at the Movies CD
I have on preorder the 2008 Elvis calendars - one by Petrucchio & one by Wertheimer.
I'd like to get an Elvis lunch tin. Haven't decided on that yet.

thehillbillycat
08-13-2007, 12:30 AM
I got a few more cds:

Burning Love and Hits From His Movies Volume 2
Separate Ways
A Touch of Platinum Volume 2
Worldwide Gold Award Hits Volume 1 Part 1 (I had part 2 so I have both parts now)

jatta-tcb
08-13-2007, 04:14 PM
well.. today i bought a few more movies :whistling
*Fun in Acapulco
*The troubles with Girls
and
*Speedway

desiree
08-13-2007, 04:57 PM
My latest Elvis items are the book "Graceland" and Elvis - The definitive DVD collection vol.2 and thx to sweet Maria "TTWIT" dvd. Could be that I now forgot some stuff, but I think those are the latest.:)

U.S. Male
08-13-2007, 05:04 PM
My latest purchases are:

Book Elvis On Tour 1975 by Sandi Pichon

DVD TTWII (2 dvd set)
DVD This is Elvis (2 dvd set)
DVD Jailhouse Rock (2 dvd set)
DVD Stay Away Joe

CD Viva Las Vegas (2 cd set)
CD Elvis Love
CD Elvis By The Presleys (2 cd set)

CD I Sing All Kinds (FTD)
CD Raised on Rock (FTD)

Awickedreigndrop
08-14-2007, 06:09 AM
DVD:

Charro
This is Elvis(Two Disc)
That's The Way It Is(Two Disc)
Tickle Me
Paradise Hawaiian Style
Roustabout

Also that Life magazine.

Elvis131
08-14-2007, 11:14 AM
i downloaded hurt off of itunes last week

rickb
08-14-2007, 12:37 PM
I just bought 8 DVDs, including the new special editions, and Viva Las Vegas.
Pride of place though will go to two original movie posters for Wild in the Country and Charro (US one-sheets) and a stack of lobby cards from four different Elvis movies.
Rick

geordie
08-14-2007, 03:34 PM
i just got the new box with heartbreak hotel in it .and my wife bought 'elvis the king' for me aswell even though ive got every song about 20 times lol:lol:

GirlHappy19
08-14-2007, 06:58 PM
My sister went to Nashville and got some awsome stuff for me.A licence plate w/picture on it.Two mugs,a desk top matt,including mouse pad,and pencil holder a pillow,copy of Graceland's key,copy of driving licence,the new aloha concert and the 68 comaback.Oh I purchase a painting on his bicentenial suit.Very happy with what I got.

ksimms2
08-14-2007, 07:14 PM
I recently bought: 2 CD Set of The Essential Elvis/Viva Las Vegas 1 CD/"One Night With You" VHS/25th Anniversary Special DVD/68 Comeback Special DVD/Aloha from Hawaii DVD/TTWII Outakes VHS/Elvis Inspirational CD

While at Graceland in June 2007 I bought the Elvis "Snow" Globe as I collect them and have been trying to get one for a while. It's beautiful. Can't think right now of what else I bought while there....I have so much Elvis stuff...been getting original photo's from ebay and also ordered photo's from Bob Heis photographer.....have all sorts of stuff....

ksimms2
08-14-2007, 07:17 PM
I've got 2 computer mouse pads/driver license/license plate on my car in front/bumper sticker in rear window/good grief...I can't remember all the stuff I have....oh yea the new Pez kit....I'm sure I'll think of more later.

jatta-tcb
08-21-2007, 04:39 PM
well.. my collection has grown again :D

Today I got
"Live A Little, Love A Little" DVD
and
The Nashville Marathon FTD

Leroy
08-21-2007, 05:00 PM
On August 16th a good friend and I went to a little place called Turnhout, which is in Belgium. There is an Elvis shop connected to the Belgium fanclub ElvisMatters.
There I bought a new book called "Elvis On Tour '75" by Sandi H. Pichon.
This really is a little treasure. It contains loads of beautiful pictures of Elvis April 1975 tour. Fabeltastic
I can really recommend this book.

john carpenter
06-08-2008, 07:57 PM
I bought a "Elvis zippo" on Amazon for 25$.(y)

cameron
06-08-2008, 08:17 PM
The last thing I bought was for my 2 year old grandson.
Don't ask me what it's supposed to be. I'm not sure.
It plays " I'm All Shook Up" and he's learned all the words and sings and dances to it. That's good enough for me. ;)

Unchained Melody
06-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Last items I bought were

CD's

Standing Room Only
Royal Gamblit In Richfield

And I'm expecting these babies in the mail anytime now!!

Elvis Is Back FTD
Burbank 68 FTD :notworthy

ForeverTheKing
06-10-2008, 01:08 PM
These are the last items I've bought...I'm still waiting for them by mail :lol:

http://image.bizrate.com/resize?sq=160&uid=739167038&mid=159457 http://www.salamandergraphix.com/images/25073t.jpg

Unchained Melody
06-10-2008, 01:10 PM
That's what I hate about ordering online, having to wait and wait!:P

Lisarose
06-10-2008, 05:08 PM
ooh, ForevertheKind, i'm jealous! I tried to order the Elvis 'Gospel' figure, it was out! So, naturally, I have it on my 'WishList' :D
I'm waiting on 'All Shook Up' & Dinner at Eight' Ftd's. Also, got the book Elvis & Gladys. I'll be going camping with the boys next week and I should have it read before the end of the week.

welly103
06-10-2008, 07:25 PM
I finally got what I've been waiting for since I can remember, a real autographed pic of Elvis from 1975!!! It's pretty cool knowing that he held this and signed it.

Unchained Melody
06-10-2008, 08:47 PM
I finally got what I've been waiting for since I can remember, a real autographed pic of Elvis from 1975!!! It's pretty cool knowing that he held this and signed it.

That is very cool.

With so many people selling stuff supposedly autographed by Elvis sometimes its hard to tell whether its authentic or not. But That is very cool you have the real deal !!:D

vegas 74
06-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Just got this British movie poster, Its a double bill of "Frankie and Johnny" and "The swingin set" (OH ER?...Well it was the 60,s) with the Dave clark five, The Animals, and Nancy Sinatra.

Unchained Melody
06-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Great stuff Vegas74.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find such lovely items ? ebay ?

Again, great looking posters!! :notworthy:notworthy

vegas 74
06-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Yep! I got lucky on ebay with this one, Less than $40.I like that "60,s feelin i get when i look at it!

Unchained Melody
06-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Yep! I got lucky on ebay with this one, Less than $40.I like that "60,s feelin i get when i look at it!

DANG thats one HECK OF A DEAL THERE!!!(y)(y)(y)

Going to have to go look around more often on there, you sometimes will find good deals.

Ps. nothing came for me in the mail today, no CD's :(

utmom2008
06-10-2008, 10:45 PM
I guess the last substantial item I bought was Sean Shaver's book The Life of Elvis Presley. I know those are getting harder and harder to come by, so I'm glad I've got it.(y)

KPM
06-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I just picked up a couple of 45s from the 60s "Just Tell her Jim Said Hello" was one and "A Fool Such As I" on another. I had them already but I can't resist picking them up when I find them.

Unchained Melody
06-10-2008, 10:52 PM
I guess the last substantial item I bought was Sean Shaver's book The Life of Elvis Presley. I know those are getting harder and harder to come by, so I'm glad I've got it.(y)

Congrats on getting that book definitley an essentail for any fan's collection(y). I've seen it but don't have it, one day though.;)

utmom2008
06-10-2008, 10:57 PM

Congrats on getting that book definitley an essentail for any fan's collection(y). I've seen it but don't have it, one day though.;)

This makes 2 of Sean's that I have...I hope to get more.(y)

I just picked up a couple of 45s from the 60s "Just Tell her Jim Said Hello" was one and "A Fool Such As I" on another. I had them already but I can't resist picking them up when I find them.

I used to listen to Just Tell Her Jim Said Hello when I was little. I still have the 45 also..what are they going for now?:hmm:

presley31
06-10-2008, 10:58 PM
I got the book called Images of elvis by marie clayton and Elvis by kurt russel.

ehollier
06-10-2008, 11:01 PM
I recently purchased and have completed "Elvis, What Happened?" and Elvis and the Memphis Mafia". I didn't enjoy either book as much as I enjoyed the books written by Peter Guarnlick.

Unchained Melody
06-10-2008, 11:09 PM
I recently purchased and have completed "Elvis, What Happened?" and Elvis and the Memphis Mafia". I didn't enjoy either book as much as I enjoyed the books written by Peter Guarnlick.

I don't think any books will ever top Peter's books!!

ehollier
06-10-2008, 11:20 PM
I don't think any books will ever top Peter's books!!

NEVER!! And you know what?? As I read those books written by the MM, I kept thinking back to Peter's books and thinking, some of these tales are a little exaggerated or situations have different meaning told through the eyes of another individual. With so many around him, we have too many versions of each event that took place with Elvis. Hence, all of the debates here.

vegas 74
06-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Well, In about 54 mins it will be my Birthday! I will be 54, and i was born in 54, and elvis started out in 54!
A friend gave me a Elvis book for a present today.....Elvis on TOUR 75!!
(DOH!.... near enough?)

hounddog
06-10-2008, 11:27 PM
I got Elvis Live In LA and another book called Elvis In Hollywood (Love Me Tender pics) plus Elvis Though My Eye and Elvis Now Vol 9

hounddog
06-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Happy Birthday vegas 74

Unchained Melody
06-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Well, In about 54 mins it will be my Birthday! I will be 54, and i was born in 54, and elvis started out in 54!
A friend gave me a Elvis book for a present today.....Elvis on TOUR 75!!
(DOH!.... near enough?)

That is awesome buddy, Happy Birthday to you, enjoy that book!!;)(y)

vegas 74
06-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Thank you!
It realy is a great book, fantastic photo,s all in great color and clear...

Unchained Melody
06-11-2008, 12:07 AM
WOW, buddy I will say you have the best looking collection I've seen and I know that photo isn' the half of it!!(y)(y)(y)

utmom2008
06-11-2008, 01:17 AM
I got the book called Images of elvis by marie clayton and Elvis by kurt russel.

Are you talking about the movie called Elvis that Kurt Russell was in?:hmm::hmm::doh:

utmom2008
06-11-2008, 01:24 AM
And you know what?? As I read those books written by the MM, I kept thinking back to Peter's books and thinking, some of these tales are a little exaggerated or situations have different meaning told through the eyes of another individual.

Uh Oh!! :supriced::supriced: Red and Sonny West may have exxagerated some situations???? :supriced::supriced: Imagine that!! :doh::hmm::doh:
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

gordon
06-11-2008, 01:41 AM
the last item I have at the moment is a book called "Elvis a celebration", by Mike Evans. It has 608 pages retails for 25 pounds (about $50) and I bought it for 4 pounds ( about $3) in a sale in the bookstore

utmom2008
06-11-2008, 01:42 AM
the last item I have at the moment is a book called "Elvis a celebration", by Mike Evans. It has 608 pages retails for 25 pounds (about $50) and I bought it for 4 pounds ( about $3) in a sale in the bookstore

I have that book...I paid full price when it came out. Wasn't it $75.00? :hmm: It's a great book...you got a GREAT deal!(y)

Unchained Melody
06-11-2008, 03:05 AM
I have that book.

Has some really beautiful color photo's.

Nice addition to ones collection.

hounddog
06-11-2008, 05:40 AM
i agree great book i think i picked it up for $19.

Unchained Melody
06-11-2008, 06:32 AM
i agree great book i think i picked it up for $19.

I got my as a bday gift not sure how much it cost, but I loved going through it and reading all the captions that goes along with all the photo's.(y)

gordon
06-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Just received the dvd "Tupelo's own Elvis Presley" not had chance to watch it yet

Unchained Melody
06-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Yesterday, ordered me some new movies something I haven't bought in awhile and now getting back into, which is collecting footage.

"California Gold - 2006 Edition"
"Day By Day" EOT Outtakes Vol. 1 (2 DVD Set)
"Day By Day" EOT Outtakes Vol. 2 (2 DVD Set)
"Pieces Of My Life" The Ultimate Live Anthology (3DVDs)
"Rare Elvis Vol. 1"
"The Elvis I Knew" DVD
The Soundboard Films Vol. 1 - Southbound DVD/CD Set
The Complete 1972 Hampton Roads Show DVD
The Front Row Films Remastered - 7 DVD Set
"All The Kings Men" 3 DVD Set
Phoenix Over Tennessee - 2008 Edition (ED Productions)

rmk101
06-12-2008, 03:35 PM
DVD:
Culver City... Getting Down To Buisiness
Opening Nights At The Hilton
Elvis: The Hollywood Collection
New Years Eve '76

CD:
All Shook Up (FTD)
The Jungle Room Sessions
The Impossible Dream
Clambake
Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis
T-R-O-U-B-L-E In Texas

beau stewart
06-12-2008, 05:06 PM
i just bought my self a full size TCB ring:D

ELVIS2001NET
06-12-2008, 05:44 PM
I just got off an auction a 1957 Teddy Bear Perfume with the box. Very rare .
joe k
www.elvis2001.net

KPM
06-12-2008, 08:50 PM
This makes 2 of Sean's that I have...I hope to get more.(y)

I used to listen to Just Tell Her Jim Said Hello when I was little. I still have the 45 also..what are they going for now?:hmm:
I got these at a flea market for $1.50 a piece. Unfortunatly no covers were with them. They played fairly well. (ah the sound of the old scratchy records):D

elvisia
06-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Only FTD book I have is "Rocking across Texas", so now I`m happy that I just bought "The way it was" cd........almost have all the FTD cd`s, so it filled up a gabb in my collection.

Jungleroom76
06-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Yesterday, ordered me some new movies something I haven't bought in awhile and now getting back into, which is collecting footage.

"Rare Elvis Vol. 1"
"The Elvis I Knew" DVD

SHOW OFF!!!! ;)

Seriously though pal, I am anxious to see what you think of the SOUTHBOUND and PIECES OF MY LIFE ANTHOLOGY DVD's!! They are DEFINITELY on my radar for future purchase!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
06-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Since we had our new baby in December, my Elvis collection funds have been much lower than usual so I am WAY behind on things!!! :'(

I guess the last thing I ordered was the RAISED ON ROCK FTD CD and next week I am planning on picking up the THAT'S THE WAY IT IS FTD along with possibly the CLAMBAKE FTD as well!!! :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-13-2008, 12:43 AM
SHOW OFF!!!! ;)

Seriously though pal, I am anxious to see what you think of the SOUTHBOUND and PIECES OF MY LIFE ANTHOLOGY DVD's!! They are DEFINITELY on my radar for future purchase!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

I have watched much of the Pieces Of My Life Anthology on youtube, as the maker of these put the whole 4 hours on youtube for FREE so we could watch it. I love how every performance is COMPLETE from start to finish on that set. I am happy to say my dealer has Vol.2 of the Soundboard films which is the March 21st Evenging Show, and told me he was including that for me as well, just hasn't got the DVD Cover made of that one yet!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Unchained Melody
06-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Since we had our new baby in December, my Elvis collection funds have been much lower than usual so I am WAY behind on things!!! :'(

I guess the last thing I ordered was the RAISED ON ROCK FTD CD and next week I am planning on picking up the THAT'S THE WAY IT IS FTD along with possibly the CLAMBAKE FTD as well!!! :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

I sure wish I could afford those original FTD's right now, i'm waiting on Elvis Is Back and Burbank 68 still to get here:supriced:.

Looks like you have all the essentials coming to you buddy.(y)(y)(y)

Jungleroom76
06-13-2008, 02:43 AM
Looks like you have all the essentials coming to you buddy.(y)(y)(y)

Well, shortly after I posted my original post, I decided that I will postpone my purchase of THAT'S THE WAY IT IS and go with I SING ALL KINDS instead!!! (y)

But rest assured pal....I will get around to TTWII soon!!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

utmom2008
06-13-2008, 02:52 AM

"Rare Elvis Vol. 1"
"The Elvis I Knew" DVD

Where did you buy these from?:hmm::doh:

TotallyInsane
06-13-2008, 03:00 AM

Another showoff!!!!:lmfao::lmfao:

utmom2008
06-13-2008, 03:04 AM

Well.....I was re-doing my will so that if something happened to me you would inherit those 2 books, but YOU BLEW IT!!!:lmfao::lmfao:

utmom2008
06-13-2008, 03:08 AM

Well.....I was re-doing my will so that if something happened to me you would inherit those 2 books, but YOU BLEW IT!!!:lmfao::lmfao:

I will give you the last items I bought..not the last substantial item I bought. You can have the 432 Elvis fridge magnets that I bought in Memphis.(y)(y) :lmfao: :lmfao:

Unchained Melody
06-13-2008, 05:01 AM
Where did you buy these from?:hmm::doh:

Check your PM box my friend (y)

TotallyInsane
06-13-2008, 10:26 AM
I will give you the last items I bought..not the last substantial item I bought. You can have the 432 Elvis fridge magnets that I bought in Memphis.(y)(y) :lmfao: :lmfao:

Well, after all I am leaving you my sink stopper and pot holder!!! So, looks like whoever goes last will have nicely Elvis decorated kitchen!!:lmfao::lmfao:

Unchained Melody
06-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Ordered these essential books from World Wide Elvis today (y)

Word's can't describe how excited I am, I've been wanting this concert years book for EVER now!!:notworthy

Unchained Melody
06-15-2008, 01:11 AM
And instead of the CD's For Fans book I decided to go with Elvis What Happened and Elvis Day By Day by Ernst and Peter Gurlanick ;)(y)

Lisarose
06-15-2008, 02:03 PM
I just bought the cd Playlist: the Very Best of Elvis Presley at Walmart - $6.88.
Although, it really isn't the Very Best it has Timmy's [youngest child] favorite - In the Ghetto and my favorite "I'm Leaving". I love it when these 'new releases' feature songs that aren't overly familiar!

Unchained Melody
06-15-2008, 02:05 PM
I LOVE the song I'm Leavin'.

Such a beautiful song! You should check out the version from Opening Night 1974 August 19th 1974! Its really something else :notworthy

TotallyInsane
06-15-2008, 03:19 PM
I read years ago that "I'm Leavin" was Lisa's favorite song!! Pretty deep song for a child - think she was around 6 or 7.

Diane
06-15-2008, 04:03 PM
CD Elvis Super Hits

Diane

monk37
06-15-2008, 06:05 PM
a 4 dvd boxed set from Europe - it has 2 documentaries, one covering early Elvis, the other 60/70s Elvis

and the 3rd disc is about and included the 68 comeback and the 4th disc is the Aloha

irritatingly, they released a separate disc with the aloha special with interviews of the band and production crew

and I couldn't bring myself to pay $20 for that single disc

when the 4 disc set was $30.

utmom2008
06-15-2008, 08:42 PM
I LOVE the song I'm Leavin'.

Such a beautiful song! You should check out the version from Opening Night 1974 August 19th 1974! Its really something else :notworthy

The first time I ever saw Elvis...August of 71...he sang that. I have the CD from that night...it really was a beautiful, haunting song. That was the first, and only, time that I ever saw him do it.:blush::blink::blush:

utmom2008
06-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Ordered these essential books from World Wide Elvis today (y)

Word's can't describe how excited I am, I've been wanting this concert years book for EVER now!!:notworthy

And my hat's off to my friend!(y) Thanks to the Col....I am FINALLY getting The Concert Years as well.;)(y)

jak
06-15-2008, 09:57 PM
And my hat's off to my friend!(y) Thanks to the Col....I am FINALLY getting The Concert Years as well.;)(y)

The Concert Years is outstanding.It's one of my books that gets pulled from the shelf most often.

KPM
06-15-2008, 10:30 PM
I truely don't collect as much as I use to. I do like the fan videos from concerts and original records.

Jungleroom76
06-15-2008, 11:39 PM
And instead of the CD's For Fans book I decided to go with Elvis What Happened and Elvis Day By Day by Ernst and Peter Gurlanick ;)(y)

EXCELLENT CHOICES BUDDY!!! (y)

Can't wait to see what you think of them when you receive them!!! :D

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
06-15-2008, 11:40 PM

You are going to LOVE this book Rosanne!!! (y)

Let us know what you think of it when you receive it!!! :D

TCB!
Mike

TLC67
06-16-2008, 12:15 AM
2 decals for the back window of my car. A 50's silhouette and TCB w/lightning bolt.

utmom2008
06-16-2008, 12:59 AM
You are going to LOVE this book Rosanne!!! (y)

Let us know what you think of it when you receive it!!! :D

TCB!
Mike

I can't wait to get this.(y)(y) Gail has ordered one as well. I guess we could always say that our hubs wanted them for Father's Day.:lmfao: For some reason....I don't think they will believe that.:lol:

utmom2008
06-16-2008, 01:01 AM
The Concert Years is outstanding.It's one of my books that gets pulled from the shelf most often.

I remember Jak that not long after we "met" here you told me that if there was one book that was an absolute MUST, this would be it.(y)(y)

Jungleroom76
06-16-2008, 01:40 AM
I can't wait to get this.(y)(y) Gail has ordered one as well. I guess we could always say that our hubs wanted them for Father's Day.:lmfao: For some reason....I don't think they will believe that.:lol:

Oh sure they will.... ;)

TCB!
Mike

midnight
06-16-2008, 02:39 AM
Guess What!! I am ordering The Concert Years too. I hope they have enough books with this rush of orders coming in!! I think Col. Jon should get a discount on his next order at World Wide Elvis for their increase in business!! Hubs don`t know about this yet! I am waiting for my son to lose his next tooth and I am going to stick the book under his pillow and pretend the tooth fairy made a mistake... Do you think that will work?

utmom2008
06-16-2008, 03:33 AM
Hubs don`t know about this yet! I am waiting for my son to lose his next tooth and I am going to stick the book under his pillow and pretend the tooth fairy made a mistake... Do you think that will work?

OMG.....our hubs don't know about ours either. :lol: The tooth fairy may be a stretch...but it's worth a try.(y)(y) I hate to think what the men are thinking as they read these posts from us girls.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

rickb
06-16-2008, 04:32 AM
i love my collection of original Elvis movie memorabilia.
There's an Australian daybill of Stay Away Joe. I've also bhought a set of Change of Habit lobby cards, 2 Love 'Me Tender lobby cards, VLV cards and an It Happened at the World's Fair half-sheet and daybill

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f313/elvis57/IMGP1031.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f313/elvis57/IMGP1032.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f313/elvis57/IMGP0914.jpg

Unchained Melody
06-16-2008, 04:51 AM
Guess What!! I am ordering The Concert Years too. I hope they have enough books with this rush of orders coming in!! I think Col. Jon should get a discount on his next order at World Wide Elvis for their increase in business!!

I wish :P

Actually it was Mike AKA JungleRoom76 who pointed me in that direction, as I had been looking for the book for a very long time!!' (y)(y)

Unchained Melody
06-16-2008, 04:51 AM

Will definitley take your word on that Jak, I hope to have mine in my hands by Wednesday!! I'm so excited!!(y)

Unchained Melody
06-16-2008, 04:58 AM
EXCELLENT CHOICES BUDDY!!! (y)

Can't wait to see what you think of them when you receive them!!! :D

TCB!
Mike

Thanks buddy, I'd say I'm pretty well set with my movies on the way to me and these books now.

That is what has my attention most right now is books. Esepecially ones from Tunzi and Sandi Pichon's Elvis On Tour 1975...all must haves I'm going after!!(y)

Jungleroom76
06-18-2008, 01:19 AM
Thanks buddy, I'd say I'm pretty well set with my movies on the way to me and these books now.

Well, I'd say they'll keep you busy for a day or two anyway... :lol: ;)

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-18-2008, 01:31 AM
Just ordered Elvis Sessions III off of the Elvis Austrailia site (y)(y)

Unchained Melody
06-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Well, I'd say they'll keep you busy for a day or two anyway... :lol: ;)

TCB!
Mike

They sure are doing just that buddy!!:lol:(y)

Jungleroom76
06-18-2008, 01:38 AM
Just ordered Elvis Sessions III off of the Elvis Austrailia site (y)(y)

Well, I've said this before about the other items you've just ordered, but I'll say it again...you're gonna LOVE the book!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-18-2008, 03:28 AM
Well, I've said this before about the other items you've just ordered, but I'll say it again...you're gonna LOVE the book!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Thanks buddy Look forward to it then...just a matter of waiting now, lord only knows how long it will take to get here from Austrailia. But paying 55 dollars for shipping and handeling, it better be soon LOL.(y)

Unchained Melody
06-18-2008, 11:52 AM
The next item I have on my "have to get list" is Shean Shaver's The Life Of Elvis Presley/Elvis' Portrait Porfolio". It will be a few weeks though as I have to save up the large amount of money the person is charging me for them. $300 dollars for two bookss,peoples going to think I'm insane paying that for books but what can I say I've got the Elvis bug bad :blink:(y)(y)

Merry
06-19-2008, 04:12 AM
Some people give so much love of themselves, without needing to speak a word....... thank you. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

utmom2008
06-19-2008, 04:53 AM
The next item I have on my "have to get list" is Shean Shaver's The Life Of Elvis Presley/Elvis' Portrait Porfolio". It will be a few weeks though as I have to save up the large amount of money the person is charging me for them. $300 dollars for two bookss,peoples going to think I'm insane paying that for books but what can I say I've got the Elvis bug bad :blink:(y)(y)

I bought Sean Shaver's "The Life of Elvis Presley" a few months ago on Ebay. You need to be patient..these books can be found sometimes at a decent price. I hate to tell you...but I paid $66.00 for mine. And, yes...perfect condition, signed and in the box.:supriced::lol:(y)(y)

SweetCaroline
06-19-2008, 06:23 AM
I bought Sean Shaver's "The Life of Elvis Presley" a few months ago on Ebay. You need to be patient..these books can be found sometimes at a decent price. I hate to tell you...but I paid $66.00 for mine. And, yes...perfect condition, signed and in the box.:supriced::lol:(y)(y)

Wow! Rosie! I didn't know you got that great a deal....
Very good shopping my friend!!!! :notworthy(y):notworthy(y)

Unchained Melody
06-19-2008, 06:34 AM
So I just didn't have the patience :P of waiting 3-4 weeks for them to order the book in for me so I took my cash and bought 5 new ftd's from amazon.

At The International
Big Boss Man
I found my thrill
Jungle Room sessions
easy come easy go(y)

jak
06-19-2008, 09:48 AM

That's a good price for that book.As you said patience is the key.

jak
06-19-2008, 09:49 AM
I just ordered the new Tunzi book "68 At 40".Im hoping the book meets my expectations.Elvis never looked better and Im hoping for some great photo's.

Unchained Melody
06-19-2008, 09:51 AM
That book looks really good Jak, bet its going to be great!!(y)

jak
06-19-2008, 10:00 AM
That book looks really good Jak, bet its going to be great!!(y)

I have high hopes for it.Some of the later Tunzi books may be a little subpar but I figured this one was worth a gamble for just under $70.

TotallyInsane
06-19-2008, 11:29 AM
I have high hopes for it.Some of the later Tunzi books may be a little subpar but I figured this one was worth a gamble for just under $70.

I thought you were leaving for a while? I figured you must have had a bunch of dates lined up that was gonna keep you busy??? Did it not take as long as you thought it would??? :lmfao::lmfao:

P.S. You know we love ya here too!!!

jak
06-19-2008, 12:21 PM
I thought you were leaving for a while? I figured you must have had a bunch of dates lined up that was gonna keep you busy??? Did it not take as long as you thought it would??? :lmfao::lmfao:

P.S. You know we love ya here too!!!

I always leav'em wanting more;)

TotallyInsane
06-19-2008, 03:01 PM

I bet that's the most accurate statement you've put on here in a while!!! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

ehollier
06-19-2008, 03:10 PM

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Unchained Melody
06-19-2008, 08:27 PM

Same as good ol Colonel Tom Parker's theory :lol:

Unchained Melody
06-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Turns out the : Fun in Acapulco album I ordered off Amazon turned out to be a 33 RPM :blink:

Oh well, the more the merrier I suppose.......:king:

presley31
06-19-2008, 11:30 PM

No wonder people are running around having withdrawls:lmfao::lmfao:

Jak express..once you get on you don't want to get back off:lol::lol::P

jak
06-20-2008, 03:11 AM
No wonder people are running around having withdrawls:lmfao::lmfao:

Jak express..once you get on you don't want to get back off:lol::lol::P

I couldnt have said it better myself.Dont forget,It aint braggin if you can do it.

jak
06-20-2008, 03:14 AM
Back on topic.In today's mail was the book "I Got Ya Elvis,I Got Ya".This is gonna be a good one.
With a little help from our Col Burrows i also ordered the "Tickle Me" book from JAT.

Unchained Melody
06-20-2008, 03:29 AM
Back on topic.In today's mail was the book "I Got Ya Elvis,I Got Ya".This is gonna be a good one.
With a little help from our Col Burrows i also ordered the "Tickle Me" book from JAT.

Glad you got your book ordered bud ! (y)(y)

Unchained Melody
06-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Today in the mail I recieved the Front Row Films 7 dvdset, eot day by day vol 1&2, the book Elvis day by day, and finally the one I was looking forward to most the Concert Years Book 1969-1977. I'm one happy camper :D:D(y)

Jungleroom76
06-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Today in the mail I recieved the Front Row Films 7 dvdset, eot day by day vol 1&2, the book Elvis day by day, and finally the one I was looking forward to most the Concert Years Book 1969-1977. I'm one happy camper :D:D(y)

WOW!!!! :supriced:

It was definitely a good mail day for you pal!!! Congratulations on your new treasure trove of goodies...can't wait to hear what you think of all of them!!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks Mike it sure was !

Right now i'm just watching part 1 of the Front Row films and the 50's footage is really a treat...vegas 1956 rocks!!(y)

Jungleroom76
06-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks Mike it sure was !

Right now i'm just watching part 1 of the Front Row films and the 50's footage is really a treat...vegas 1956 rocks!!(y)

VERY COOL PAL...ENJOY!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

utmom2008
06-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Yesterday I received my new book The Concert Years. All I can say is WOW!!!!! Thanks to the Col. for showing me a buyer that was reasonable. I didn't have to use any of my son's Law School tuition money to get it.:lmfao:(y)(y)(y)

Jungleroom76
06-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Yesterday I received my new book The Concert Years. All I can say is WOW!!!!! Thanks to the Col. for showing me a buyer that was reasonable. I didn't have to use any of my son's Law School tuition money to get it.:lmfao:(y)(y)(y)

FANTASTIC NEWS ROSANNE!!!! (y)

Enjoy your book....it is definitely a must-have in any Elvis' fans collection, but especially the 70's Elvis fans!!! The re-prints of concert reviews are just fantastic and really help to tell the story of Elvis' concert years....both good and bad.

TCB!
Mike

utmom2008
06-20-2008, 09:55 PM
I just ordered the new Tunzi book "68 At 40".Im hoping the book meets my expectations.Elvis never looked better and Im hoping for some great photo's.

I have ordered than one too Jak. It's due out in August, right?:hmm::hmm:

Unchained Melody
06-20-2008, 09:56 PM

That's suppose to be the release date !! (y)(y)

Unchained Melody
06-20-2008, 11:20 PM
FANTASTIC NEWS ROSANNE!!!! (y)

Enjoy your book....it is definitely a must-have in any Elvis' fans collection, but especially the 70's Elvis fans!!! The re-prints of concert reviews are just fantastic and really help to tell the story of Elvis' concert years....both good and bad.

TCB!
Mike

I agree Mike I LOVE reading through the different tours and vegas and tahoe engagements and reading the reviews..and also will say their are some pretty nice photo's in it as well!

Jungleroom76
06-21-2008, 12:44 AM
There are definitely some nice photos in the book pal, no doubt about it. I just like to stress to people, when they ask me about the book, that if they are looking for a concert photo book, then THE CONCERT YEARS is really not what they are looking for.

But if someone is looking for a book which chronicles Elvis' tours and gives some insight into Elvis' shows during the 1970's, then THE CONCERT YEARS is exactly what they are looking for!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-21-2008, 12:46 AM
There are definitely some nice photos in the book pal, no doubt about it. I just like to stress to people, when they ask me about the book, that if they are looking for a concert photo book, then THE CONCERT YEARS is really not what they are looking for.

But if someone is looking for a book which chronicles Elvis' tours and gives some insight into Elvis' shows during the 1970's, then THE CONCERT YEARS is exactly what they are looking for!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Agreed buddy while not a photo book it still has some real gem's in it ! But like you say more of an in depth look at the shows etc. I love how in the back of the book it has the complete tour list's with the dates, and the jumpsuit's worn !!(y)

Jungleroom76
06-21-2008, 12:46 AM

I really like Tunzi's books, but they really are quite pricey and this time around, I thought the price was a bit too steep on this one!!! :'(

But I will definitely look forward to the reviews you guys post when you receive your copies!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-21-2008, 12:52 AM
I really like Tunzi's books, but they really are quite pricey and this time around, I thought the price was a bit too steep on this one!!! :'(

But I will definitely look forward to the reviews you guys post when you receive your copies!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Agreed Mike they are really pricey that's for sure. I'm just now saving for Portraits that one looks amazing to my eyes!!

Besides, the only place I could fine to order the 68 at 40 was on Elvis.com.au and their prices are really steep so think I will holdout until I find it at a cheaper price..

Lisarose
06-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Got back from camping at noon, boy am I tired, but it was a good week, especially, when I got home, my FTDs were waiting for me!
Finally availabe was All Shook Up and I also got Nashville Marathon and Dinner at Eight.
Can't wait to listen to them tonight!
Of course, now reading about the Concert Years, I'm going to have to start shopping again!

Wendy56
06-22-2008, 04:36 AM
An original Elvis is Back! vynil. And an MP3 disc with lot of 70s songs. :clap:

Unchained Melody
06-22-2008, 04:46 AM
An original Elvis is Back! vynil. And an MP3 disc with lot of 70s songs. :clap:

Classic Album :king:

Unchained Melody
06-22-2008, 05:26 AM
Just traded an original import I had for 70!!! 8x10's of elvis concert photo's all originals from a great friend on here!(y)

Unchained Melody
06-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Tonight while browsing on ebay I found a copy of albert Wertheimer's book Elvis at 21 for a very cheap price and couldn't pass on such a deal..after watching the interview with him on youtube I posted on a previous thread and while listening to him tell the stories behinde each photo it was great gave the pictures alot of depth and meaning !! Anywho, it looks to be essential book so can't wait to get my hands on this!

Unchained Melody
06-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Got Big Boss Man, at the international, and the jungle room sessions ftd's in the mail today along with the dvd the soundboard films vol.2.

hounddog
06-24-2008, 12:58 AM
just bought Raised on Elvis Elvis Elvis by Sandi Pichon

TotallyInsane
06-24-2008, 01:01 AM
Got Big Boss Man, at the international, and the jungle room sessions ftd's in the mail today along with the dvd the soundboard films vol.2.

Where do you work please? Are they hiring??????

Unchained Melody
06-24-2008, 04:32 AM
Where do you work please? Are they hiring??????

The thing is i don't have any obligations like car payments cell phone bills etc to pay so luckily enough for me i can spend all my earnings all Elvis stuff. Seems I still never have enough:lmfao:

Awickedreigndrop
06-24-2008, 04:40 AM
I'll admit it.... I got those Elvis Pez Collection from wal-Mart today.

Lisarose
06-24-2008, 05:10 AM
The thing is i don't have any obligations like car payments cell phone bills etc to pay so luckily enough for me i can spend all my earnings all Elvis stuff. Seems I still never have enough:lmfao:

I know what you mean :lmfao: :D !

Unchained Melody
06-24-2008, 05:13 AM
I know what you mean :lmfao: :D !

Glad someone can relate.

Unchained Melody
06-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Recieved my copy of Elvis What happened today, shall be an interesting read for sure!

Lisarose
06-24-2008, 11:47 PM
omg! I received mine several days ago! I've skimmed it, don't know if I'll be keeping it after I've read it. I also, received Writing for the King. I've been waiting a long time for that one. I love That book!

Unchained Melody
06-25-2008, 04:13 AM
omg! I received mine several days ago! I've skimmed it, don't know if I'll be keeping it after I've read it. I also, received Writing for the King. I've been waiting a long time for that one. I love That book!

I will most certainly be keeping mine after I read it, even if its only for historic content!

megannn
06-25-2008, 04:57 AM
My brother bought me an Elvis birthday cake for my 16th birthday, along with tons of other elvis things. It was pretty sweet! I didn't eat the elvis part, its still in the fridge. =D

Unchained Melody
06-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Got easy come easy go ftd in the mail today. beautiful packaging. I love these 7''inch releases they are a beauty.

Unchained Melody
06-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Picked up a copy of the book elvis by the presley's for 99 cents on amazon..but shipping was 4 dollars:lol:...good deal I thought(y)

utmom2008
06-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Picked up a copy of the book elvis by the presley's for 99 cents on amazon..but shipping was 4 dollars:lol:...good deal I thought(y)

If it's still in good condition I think that's a great price.(y)(y)(y)

Unchained Melody
06-26-2008, 09:42 PM
If it's still in good condition I think that's a great price.(y)(y)(y)

It is in really good condition so it was a good deal (y)

rhythmknights
06-27-2008, 04:55 AM
last book i got was the one written by Scotty Moore. i got it used from amazon.com and it was autographed by Scotty! a surprise bonus! my next purchase will be the Viva las Vegas ftd/cd - gotta have the song You're the Boss!

Unchained Melody
06-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Bought three FTD's today.

Clambake
I Found My Thrill
Dixieland Rocks

Unchained Melody
06-27-2008, 12:46 PM
i downloaded hurt off of itunes last week

Don't ya know downloading is killing music !:!:

Unchained Melody
07-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Trying to get caught up on the latest boots as of now just got...

American Glory
The Final Farewell 2 CD Set
Elvis Now
Where No One Stands Alone
Live In Rapid City the digi pack looking set very nice !
august 20th 1974 dinner show
august 29th 1974 dinner and midnight shows
august 30th 1974 midnight shows..these Las Vegas Cd's make my collection complete when it comes to having ALL concerts from the Las Vegas August September 1974 Enagement!!!

Still can't wait til A Greensboro Revolution and Back With A Bang CD's come out !!

Unchained Melody
07-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Today in the mail I got Elvis and the Memphis Mafia, and Down At The End Of Lonely Street....look forward to reading them....

utmom2008
07-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Today in the mail I got Elvis and the Memphis Mafia, and Down At The End Of Lonely Street....look forward to reading them....

I really enjoyed the 2nd one, I think you will too.(y)(y)

ksimms2
07-11-2008, 08:15 PM

Read the 1st and am still trying to finish reading the 2nd one. I enjoyed the 1st one (Elvis and MM) and so far am enjoying the 2nd - but put it down to read others....

rhythmknights
07-12-2008, 03:12 AM
is anyone ordering the "The Complete '68 Comeback Special 40th Ann. Edition"
i got an insider's membership as a pre-graduation gift from my uncles' and this was offered. i don't have the special edition, i do have just the single disc '68 comback and I LOVE That One! just wondering if anyone had some opinions on it before i spend my graduation money on it :D

oh, i got the Nashville Marathon cd - i'm still squealing like a little girl! :D :D

ps, Kelly, love your new avatar (y)

hounddog
07-12-2008, 10:30 AM
i just bought Elvis in Nassau can't wait till i get it

Unchained Melody
07-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Got Elvis A Biography by Jerry Hopkins today...now I have both of his books.

Lisarose
07-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Got Elvis A Biography by Jerry Hopkins today...now I have both of his books.

Do you mean both versions of that same book? I think I saw where Elvis A Biography was re-released. I don't have that one, I do have Final Years. Do you have the Guralnick books, too? I have the Guralnick books and am deciding on whether to add Hopkins' books, too.

I did finally locate the Gold Lame McFarlane figurine, a tiny bit more than I wanted to pay, but I got it (y) and the seller was kind enough to send along a bonus gift - an Elvis wall clock! I was excited, hubby - yeah, I caught him rolling his eyes, but he hung it up in the kitchen anyway. :lol:

Unchained Melody
07-21-2008, 10:13 PM
The hopkins books I have are titled the final years and the other one is elvis a biography...are these the same books ?:hmm:

Anyhow, today i got larry gellars book if i can dream in the mail along with around 80 8x10 concert photo's and a few candids all from 70' onwards..some real beauties..:notworthy

Unchained Melody
07-24-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm ordering the book Elvis on tour 75 Photos From The Heart tomorrow and the Born To Rock book :D (y)

Sandi is such a sweet lady, have talked to her in private emails..and is signing the book for me !! :D

Unchained Melody
08-01-2008, 03:36 AM
Am ordering the books Behind The Image Vol.2 and The Paternity Suit books from Sandi. Am going to have to holdout on the Tahoe book til next week due to some financial sutiations but you can bet your bottom dollar I will order that darn book next week :lmfao:Can not wait to see unpublished photo's from May 1976, and October 74 aswell. :D:D

shelley.m.
08-01-2008, 04:21 AM
I just copy my copy of 68 at 40.

Unchained Melody
08-01-2008, 04:39 AM
I got the following movies in the mail today from a great friend on here Elvisbootlegs (y)(y)

Ripping It Up
This Is Elvis 2 Disc set
The International Finishing Touches
Culver City Getting Down To Buisness
Love Me Tender (color version)
Soundboard Films vol. 3 :notworthy
Phoenix Over Tn 2008
Because It's A Bicentennial Year
Why Me Lord
Greensboro & Hampton Roads
Memphis Pyramid
Houston 71
On Stage Febuaray 1970 & Much More
The King On tour 1970-1971
Elvis Memories
The American Eagle Flies Again 1974/ The Tigerman In Action
I should be glued to the television for several hours atleast to due me for awhile :lol:(y):notworthy:notworthy

hounddog
08-01-2008, 04:58 AM
I just bought the book All Elvis 2, looks good, can't wait till it arrives

Unchained Melody
08-01-2008, 05:02 AM
I just bought the book All Elvis 2, looks good, can't wait till it arrives

I know what you mean I hate having to wait for something in the mail, i'm very impatient when it comes to that !! :D:D:blush:

hounddog
08-01-2008, 06:17 AM
this book is coming from overseas, from Denmark i think. Not sure how long it will take to get to Australia

Unchained Melody
08-01-2008, 06:26 AM
this book is coming from overseas, from Denmark i think. Not sure how long it will take to get to Australia

All depends on what shipping method you chose. Surely won't take too long.:blush:

rhythmknights
08-02-2008, 02:37 PM
some collection ya got going there, Brad. Congrats.
btw, do you have an Elvis room for your stuff? right now i have an Elvis corner!

presley31
08-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I just got the FTD I Sing All Kinds. really enjoyable.

Lisarose
08-02-2008, 06:11 PM
I just got the FTD I Sing All Kinds. really enjoyable.

I've wondered about that one. A review would be appreciated!
I recently ordered the McFarlane Gospel and Vegas figurine, my collection will be complete - until the next one!

Unchained Melody
08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I Sing All Kinds is an excellent CD filled with outtakes from the infamous Nashville 71 sessions. (y)

Unchained Melody
08-06-2008, 05:34 AM
Got the new America FTD today. Can't wait to hear it(y)

hounddog
08-11-2008, 11:28 PM
I just bought Elvis in Texas 1954-58 and Elvis Shot By Bonja

bernie jenkin
08-11-2008, 11:44 PM
I got the 68 special limited edition 4CD box set
DVD of Randy Quaid as Colonel Parker - its an Emmy Nomination 'for your consideration' disc to 'the business'
Cruisin' with the King Pink Caddillac
Set of 6 elvis coffee mugs
over the last couple of weeks

rickb
08-12-2008, 02:55 AM
I just picked up a set of 10 Bubbles Inc swap cards from 1956 - and a new coffee mug

Unchained Melody
08-12-2008, 05:18 AM
Waiting for my latest purchase to arrive. It's the new edition of the book "Desert Storm, Shattering Of A Myth" by Darrin Lee.(y)

shelley.m.
08-13-2008, 04:42 AM
I'm waiting for my copy of 68 at 40 to arrive.

Lisarose
08-13-2008, 02:20 PM
I broke down and ordered the Deluxe set - 68 Comeback-DVD, that is. I can't wait! Hopefully it'll be here before this weekend.

Teddy
08-13-2008, 03:26 PM
I notice there is a new 'Complete' edition set available now with lots of extra music and reading matter.
Does anyone know if this set contains more film footage than the 'Deluxe' edition which has been available for a while now?

I have the Deluxe one and it's fantastic.

Suspicious Minds
08-13-2008, 04:17 PM
My last CD's I bought recently was the He Touched Me album from the original Elvis Presley collection and today I received the Love Letters from Elvis FTD.

Diane
08-13-2008, 06:53 PM
I too want to know how this newest edition of the '68 Special stacks up to the Deluxe one most of us bought a couple years ago that had so many blank spots in the film?

Has anyone viewed it yet and is it worth getting?

Diane

Lisarose
08-14-2008, 05:03 AM
Diane, Teddy, I believe the new 68 deluxe is music only, cd's with all the takes, I don't think it's film footage.
And let me ask, since I'm still waiting for my dvd's the outtake where Elvis is singing Uh-huh and Steve is singing 'boing, boing, boing' imitating the NBC peacock notes, is the final commercial included anywhere? Was the commercial ever produced? I hope so, that has to be the funniest outtake, he just keeps singing uh-huh, uh-huh, and he gets more and more irritated :D

Unchained Melody
08-16-2008, 07:20 AM
some collection ya got going there, Brad. Congrats.
btw, do you have an Elvis room for your stuff? right now i have an Elvis corner!

Thanks ! (y)

My bedroom is basically my Elvis room :lol::notworthy

Unchained Melody
08-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Like I mentioned in another thread, I got the new Desert Storm Shattering Of A Myth book today (y)

Suspicious Minds
08-16-2008, 08:27 AM
I bought the Pot Luck with Elvis album from the original Elvis Presley collection yesterday.

Awickedreigndrop
08-16-2008, 08:30 AM
I just got the #1 Hits Performances Vol 1 & 2 from Wal-Mart. They have this whole Elvis display there now... well at ours they do.

hounddog
08-16-2008, 10:27 AM
"Elvis is singing Uh-huh and Steve is singing 'boing, boing, boing' imitating the NBC peacock notes, is the final commercial included anywhere? Was the commercial ever produced? I hope so, that has to be the funniest outtake, he just keeps singing uh-huh, uh-huh, and he gets more and more irritated"

i'm sure that's on the DVD deluxe set of the 68 special i bought.

Trev1
08-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Im really getting into the FTD sets...(y) I mean for an Elvis fan what they
have released here is beyond anyones wildest dreams say 10 years ago :)

I started with the Jungle Room Sessions and Elvis on Tour Rehersals and they
are great. I am going to get the Dixieland Rocks and Wild In The Country FTDs next :notworthy

Unchained Melody
08-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Im really getting into the FTD sets...(y) I mean for an Elvis fan what they
have released here is beyond anyones wildest dreams say 10 years ago :)

I started with the Jungle Room Sessions and Elvis on Tour Rehersals and they
are great. I am going to get the Dixieland Rocks and Wild In The Country FTDs next :notworthy

For any serious Elvis fan all the Follow That Dream CD's are must haves!

Cliff
08-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Still waitin for my "Elvis:68 at 40" and "Elvis Portraits" to arrive from Australia.
But apart from that ,nothing.I'm fighting the temptation to drag out my credit card and get some FTDs.

beckelvis
08-16-2008, 10:40 PM
MY LASTEST BOOK:
LAST TRAIN IN MEMPHIS

CD: ELVIS AS RECORDED AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN,ELVIS BY THE PRESLEY´S
DVD:SPEEDWAY,ELVIS:SHOW,BLUE HAWAII,JAILHOSE ROCK:notworthy:king:

hounddog
08-17-2008, 06:31 AM
i just bought Elvis fashion

Unchained Melody
08-18-2008, 05:58 AM
Still waitin for my "Elvis:68 at 40" and "Elvis Portraits" to arrive from Australia.
But apart from that ,nothing.I'm fighting the temptation to drag out my credit card and get some FTDs.

I was going to order from elvisau.com but just to expensive for me i managed to find cheaper shops on the net.:)

kurt
08-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Today i bought Elvis Presley- Elvis.
And The Memphis 1969 anthology-Suspicious Minds.
:D:D:king::king::pepsi:

Unchained Melody
08-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm waiting on the That's The Way It Is outtakes 31 dvdset coming!!

hounddog
10-20-2008, 12:33 AM
I just received Elvis Enter the Dragon, what a fine book that is. Beautiful.

utmom2008
10-20-2008, 01:01 AM
While in Memphis last week I treated myself to a real "goodie." The Elvis Gallery sells some really fabulous pictures. Ed Bonja is doing a few Limited Editions of his photography. I bought #96 of 2500, a gorgeous pic of Elvis on stage in Vegas, August of 73. The pic is a 16 x 20 and then it has been triple-matted and framed. It also has a gold plaque at the bottom telling what it is. I am REALLY proud of it!(y)(y)(y)

cibetty
10-20-2008, 01:09 AM
"He Touched Me" DVD about Elvis' gospel music. Wonderful, and I just can recommend to every fan! It brought me to tears...

Unchained Melody
10-20-2008, 01:28 AM
While in Memphis last week I treated myself to a real "goodie." The Elvis Gallery sells some really fabulous pictures. Ed Bonja is doing a few Limited Editions of his photography. I bought #96 of 2500, a gorgeous pic of Elvis on stage in Vegas, August of 73. The pic is a 16 x 20 and then it has been triple-matted and framed. It also has a gold plaque at the bottom telling what it is. I am REALLY proud of it!(y)(y)(y)

That is very cool Rossie (y)

I'm waiting on Sessions 3 to get here ! :notworthy

SatninLove
10-20-2008, 04:15 AM
The Elvis Christmas Duet cd yesterday...
-SatninLove

Unchained Melody
10-20-2008, 04:32 AM
The Elvis Christmas Duet cd yesterday...
-SatninLove

It was to my suprise a great release...i really hope they do that pop duet CD thats being rumored about....that would be really neat..(y)

SatninLove
10-20-2008, 04:34 AM
It was to my suprise a great release...i really hope they do that pop duet CD thats being rumored about....that would be really neat..(y)

I liked it too....I have to say I misjudged...
I hope they do too...There are a few people in the entertainment world today,that I would love to hear Elvis duet with...(y)
-SatninLove

Unchained Melody
10-20-2008, 04:35 AM
I liked it too....I have to say I misjudged...
I hope they do too...There are a few people in the entertainment world today,that I would love to hear Elvis duet with...(y)
-SatninLove

Agreed, and as long as it is bringing new fans onboard them im all for it.

SatninLove
10-20-2008, 04:37 AM
Your exactly right Brad..Anything for Elvis...
-SatninLove

Unchained Melody
10-20-2008, 04:44 AM
Your exactly right Brad..Anything for Elvis...
-SatninLove

Well lets not say anything who knows what they would come up with,...:doh:;)

Awickedreigndrop
10-20-2008, 07:15 AM
My aunt just bought me an Elvis traveling coffee mug

Elton
10-20-2008, 09:10 AM

Cool,anyway you could post an image for us,Would love to see it!!

Elton
10-20-2008, 09:16 AM

Would you mind picking me up a couple copys as well while you are at it?

HEy !!!!! It worked for the dj's when they
pleated for automobiles,on the air to Elvis,didn't it? ;)

celine
10-20-2008, 04:34 PM
I bought the FTD "Follow That Dream" about a week ago.

beckelvis
10-20-2008, 07:58 PM
The last thing........:hmm::hmm:this summer I was in Graceland,like that buys me many things,cd´s,shirt,vinilos ect..........:lol: