PDA

View Full Version : Where were you when elvis died???

Elvis131
08-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Where were you and what were you doing when you first heard of the news

if you were born that is lol
i wasnt born yet so i cant answer

Rising Sun
08-05-2007, 03:06 PM
That's really a good question :D
I wasn't born yet either but I can tell you a little story about where my mother was when she heard about it...
My mother was 13 years old that year, she was in the bus home from school that time, and she heard the news on the radio, of course she knew who Elvis was, and she liked his music, but she wasn't really a fan of him. She said she was totally shocked about his death...
I suppose she talked about this with her friends a lot that day ;)

Rising Sun

Memory
08-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I had visit my Grandma and saw it in the late evening on television.I was frightened and can t belive it.The next day I everywhere heard Elvis.I saw my first concert and since
this time he is my favourite singer.I never forget this shocked feeling.The king is dead!

goodelvisgirl
08-05-2007, 07:00 PM
waw i wasn't eaven born but i heard an elvis song indescribably blue and i knew i wanted to hear more so i started studying elvis and buying his music when i read that he was dead and long long before my time i was crushed i had missed my opertunity to know and see this man in the public eye but i still know and love him and have a better understanding of him now

presley31
08-05-2007, 07:34 PM
I was born in 78 so l wasn't around when he died.

poormansgold76
08-05-2007, 08:41 PM
I was in my room hide from outside of world, I was going thur bad times, my life turn down hill all my dreams was done, few them did came true, it took me longer to do them and one dream never came true I want be an race driver, i know that never happened. one my dream came true this summer I went to NFL Hall and Fame in Ohio
And another is have own house with my wife and my famly.
Tom

rickster
08-05-2007, 08:42 PM
I was in my bed asleep for school the next morning, my mum came up and woke me to tell me 'my pal had died', not knowing who she meant she then replied 'Elvis!!', I flew downstairs to see pictures and footage of him all over the news broadcasts.........will never forget that night, did'nt get much sleep at and was stunned for days after............rickster.

gordon
08-05-2007, 09:33 PM
I was at the local cinima watching "Orca the killer whale" with my wife we walked home afterwards and got in late so I went straight to bed and then when I woke up next morning put on the radio and they were playing elvis song after song and I said to my wife its not elvis's birthday today why are they playing all elvis songs then the news came on it was like I was shot in the heart, I sat down and listened to the news and then I cried and I cried for a week at least, then I got angry at the people who was getting publicity (local) because they were upset about him dying when I knew that many were never Elvis fans to start with. The only good thing (if you can get a good thing about him dying) that happened at that time was there was bundles and bundles of stuff available to buy on elvis records,posters, badges, you name it you could get it with elvis on ( and believe me I bought everything I could get my hands on)

Diane
08-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I was home and I think it was sometime after noon. I had the television on and the news broke into the program and I stood there frozen, I couldn't react at all. I went around in a daze until my husband came home and ran to him with the news but he'd already heard it on his car radio.

I couldn't even cry for a couple of days when it finally hit me and I felt like I'd lost a very dear part of my family and my life.

Diane

TLC67
08-06-2007, 02:31 AM
I was 10 years old and outside riding my bike when my best friend came and told me. We had both grown up with him in our homes. I just remember feeling really sad and spent the rest of the day quietly indoors. Even at that age I felt like there had been a major change in the world. I was right.

Elvis131
08-06-2007, 02:33 AM
reat stories guys
but sad:'(

my dad was 13 at the time and he said that as soon as he heard he broke down and tears and then played the guitar singing love me in tender whilst drowning in tears

can those who were around at the time believe it has been 30 years???

President Presley
08-06-2007, 06:56 AM
I was 3 years old, almost 4, and I was in kindergarten when the teacher said that a famous singer just died. I didn't know who she was talking about until years later.

ruggishboo
08-06-2007, 08:06 AM
I was about four months old, and only 70 miles northeast of Graceland. My mom and sister liked Elvis alot, so I know that they were really sad. My mom said it was all over the local (Memphis) tv stations, much like when JFK was killed.

EP4MEUK
08-06-2007, 11:15 AM
I was 10 yrs old when Elvis passed away and I was already a huge fan ....my friends at school used to laugh at me because I liked Elvis because then everyone was swooning over The Bay City Rollers and David Cassidy :hmm:

I was alseep when my brother woke me to tell me Elvis had died .....my brother was a real joker and was always playing tricks on me so I did not believe him and I went back to sleep. The next thing I remember was walking down the stairs and hearing my mum say to my dad now shush she is coming down ....then I knew something was wrong and as I opened the living room door mum walked upto me and said " Susan Elvis died last night" well I was so upset I can now still feel the warm tears trickle down my face and feel the warm and comforting arms of my mum. I spent most of my day on the grassland that was opposite my house sobbing to myself and trying to accept the fact that Elvis was dead!!!!! My mum was wonderful about it and although not a big fan of Elvis she also shed a tear :'(

I have lost alot of family over the last few years and people always say the feeling could never be the same as losing someone close such as family and I agree to a certain extend but it sure did hurt ...that thought that my Elvis was dead .....

Susan x

goodelvisgirl
08-06-2007, 01:34 PM
sitting here at 18 i cant belive he has been dead longer than i have been alive 30 years thats just amazing that new fans are finding him out i have been a fan since i was 12 and its all new to me.i will be sitting talking about this when his 40th anniversary is here AS LONG AS THERE ARE PEOPLE THERE WILL BE ELVIS!!