PDA

View Full Version : Elvis and Graceland

GirlHappy19
07-23-2007, 11:40 PM
I am here looking at the livecam of Graceland......is 6:29CDT and they have people walking the grounds,people standing outside in the porch,people on the meditacion garndes and so far 4 cars have drove down the circular driway
If Elvis could see Graceland today and see all the changes......whould he be happy?I mean things have changed there.Nothing is like Elvis left it.I'll leave with you guys thinking about that one.

HappyGirl

Gerianne
07-23-2007, 11:46 PM
I don't think Elvis would have been too happy with charging his fans a lot of money to visit his house. Elvis was a very generous person and he liked to buy things for people and give money etc. I just think he would feel sad at the amount of money being made out of him today.
I know the only way to visit Graceland is to pay for the tour and I have done this myself many times, but this is what you have to do if you want to see Graceland.
By the way, do you have to join to see this webcam.

Tommy
07-23-2007, 11:50 PM
I don't think Elvis would have been too happy with charging his fans a lot of money to visit his house. Elvis was a very generous person and he liked to buy things for people and give money etc. I just think he would feel sad at the amount of money being made out of him today.
I know the only way to visit Graceland is to pay for the tour and I have done this myself many times, but this is what you have to do if you want to see Graceland.
By the way, do you have to join to see this webcam.

No, just go to www.elvis.com and click on webcam.

Gerianne
07-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Thanks Tommy for this. I went into it but I was a bit disappointed as I didn't think I would have to keep refreshing the page all the time. I just thought it would be a moving image instead of a pause pic.

Diane
07-24-2007, 12:01 AM
No I don't think Elvis would have liked to see that his fans had to pay to see his home but I think he would have understood that it was the only way to keep Graceland for his daughter.

Diane

Gerianne
07-24-2007, 12:04 AM
Yes Diane, I understand that Graceland had to be kept for Lisa and this was probably the only way to do it.

KPM
07-24-2007, 02:14 AM
If he could see it I think he might feel sad that he did not leave Lisa in a little better shape. But he easily made a couple million a year for most of his career and did not expect to die at 42, so he surely thought he had time to
get his financial house in better order. I guess we all are like that. Its a lesson for us all.