PDA

View Full Version : "Leaves of Elvis' Garden" by Larry Geller

Merry
07-21-2007, 09:57 AM
http://www.larrygellerauthor.com/images/MediaRoom/LOEG-Fr-AutLeaves150.jpg

Excerpt:

Because Larry had been pursuing spiritual studies for years, he became something of a way-shower for Elvis. He didn?t push any particular agenda; he just provided Elvis with books and conversation on subjects in which Elvis expressed an interest. Larry shares many of these here, with quotes and passages from Elvis? favorites.

It was Larry who sat in meditation with Elvis for hours at a time or for brief moments before a show. It was only Larry who Elvis could talk with about his deepest beliefs. And so, Larry became one of Elvis? closest confidants. He knew a side of Elvis that few others knew, and fewer understood.

What Larry describes of Elvis here will shock some people. It?s guaranteed to surprise you. Because what you will discover is a side of Elvis that was so intimate and personal, he never publicly let it out in words, only through his music. Yet the purity and authenticity of this story will absolutely convince you that you have, finally, met the real Elvis.
Take a walk with Elvis and Larry through the heart and soul of Elvis the seeker. No matter how much you may already know of Elvis, you will come away feeling that you know him far better for having experienced The Leaves of Elvis? Garden.
The Most Revealing Elvis Book You?ll Ever Read
Literally hundreds of books and millions of words have been written about the phenomenon that was Elvis Presley. None even approaches what is revealed in this one?because this is the one story Elvis made Larry Geller promise to tell.
Here at last is the full, true and mesmerizing story of Elvis Presley,

Not until now have we had the chance to know him as he would have wanted us to. Many books tell what Elvis did. This one tells what Elvis believed. When you plumb the depths of Elvis? soul as it is revealed here, you will understand the real Elvis. You will know him, and very likely, love him even more.
As Larry explains: ?Elvis charged me with this responsibility, empowering me and inspiring me to write this book when he said: ?The world knows Elvis Presley all right, but they don?t know me. I want them to know me, the real person. Larry, I?m counting on you.??
Larry hasn?t let Elvis down?and he doesn?t let you down either.

http://www.larrygellerauthor.com/leaves.html

__________________________________________________ __________

Sounds great!

:clap:

Jess

Miss Clawdy
07-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Thank you Jess, sounds really great(y):D

Dovey
07-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Thank you for posting Jess, I did not know Larry had a new book. Dovey ;)

Gerianne
07-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks for posting

toffe
07-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks for sharing!! :king:

EnigmaticSun
07-21-2007, 10:51 PM
I still have my doubts concerning 'eastern mysticism' from the 60's, which isn't quite the eastern mysticism respectable people like the Dalai Lama are living. This is just my personal opinion..

But it's true Larry Geller spent a lot of time with Elvis, anyway you look at it. Is it true he disappeared for a while and came back in the end?

Ah well, I just get this 'Easy Come, Easy Go' type of feeling.

Merry
07-23-2007, 01:48 AM
I still have my doubts concerning 'eastern mysticism' from the 60's, which isn't quite the eastern mysticism respectable people like the Dalai Lama are living. This is just my personal opinion..

But it's true Larry Geller spent a lot of time with Elvis, anyway you look at it. Is it true he disappeared for a while and came back in the end?

Ah well, I just get this 'Easy Come, Easy Go' type of feeling.

There is always a lot to learn from anything, in my opinion. Whether you agree or not, there isn't any harm in exploring. You know just one saying, one line from anyone, can change your life, if you are open, it doesn't have to be religion or spirituality in this context, but just being open.

Anything that is inclusive of everyone, doesn't judge, or try to frighten and manipulate people, is something I am open to. If nothing is asked of you, if the information is there, in my opinion, if given with all sincerity for one to do what you like with, whether to believe, embrace or discard, this is a good thing. At least you are more aware of what is around you and can then speak or share from a place of knowledge or of being informed. Those are my thoughts, anyway.

I hope Larry opens his media room soon for chatting, as I'm going to be there. I have been given his email address to speak with him, but have been too shy to contact him, as well as I didn't want to bother him. I really would like to talk with him, and hope the opportunity arises, through his website.

Jess

P.S. LOL, the "Media Room" is now open, "me and my wishful thinking", lol. It isn't chat, but a "Media Room"....hey, nothing wrong with being positive, lol. Oh well.

Diane
07-23-2007, 02:20 AM
I did know that Larry had a second book coming out but didn't know it was already available. Looks like a good one. I would certainly be willing to buy this one.

Too bad it isn't a chat on his site Jess but it was nice to hope wasn't it. Oh well, maybe it will turn out just as informing.

Diane

Merry
07-23-2007, 03:41 AM
I did know that Larry had a second book coming out but didn't know it was already available. Looks like a good one. I would certainly be willing to buy this one.

Too bad it isn't a chat on his site Jess but it was nice to hope wasn't it. Oh well, maybe it will turn out just as informing.

Diane

Hi Diane,

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it, I think you can pre-order?

Yes, it is re the chat, I've been watching the site's links becoming available for the last week, as the site is being developed, thinking "oh yep, would be great if he chats"! lol

Hugs,
Jess

EnigmaticSun
07-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Jess, it's not so much about Larry Geller the person, but more about 'eastern mysticism from the 60's' in general. I would need more information about the man. I did appreciate reading your opinion.

Even the Dalai Lama seems strange now - says he doesn't like Christian missionaries in Asia (but has come to visit Germany himself) and would approve of a female Dalai Lama as his successor - ah well, another prey of left-wing terrorism I suppose. (I don't dislike Buddhism in general, it's too bad it usually becomes the victim of occultism and such.)

Merry
07-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Even the Dalai Lama seems strange now - says he doesn't like Christian missionaries in Asia (but has come to visit Germany himself) and would approve of a female Dalai Lama as his successor - ah well, another prey of left-wing terrorism I suppose. (I don't dislike Buddhism in general, it's too bad it usually becomes the victim of occultism and such.)

Oh boy, lol, now that would be opening a bag of worms for me to answer with my opinion on that one, lol :supriced:

That said, I admit, I don't know enough, but history kinda speaks for itself with regard to religion.

O.K. I'll back off now, lol.

Take care, lol,
Jess

presley31
07-26-2007, 02:29 AM
I'll see what he has to say when the book comes out.
whats the website he's on??

Merry
07-26-2007, 02:31 AM
I'll see what he has to say when the book comes out.
whats the website he's on??

Here you go, sweetie!

http://www.larrygellerauthor.com/

Hugs,
Jess

presley31
07-26-2007, 02:34 AM
Thanks Jess

Diane
07-26-2007, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the link to Larry's website Jess.

Diane

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-26-2007, 10:35 PM
The excerpt you have attached pushes all the right buttons, it has the warm fuzzy feeling that one likes to feel when thinking about the inner soul of Elvis Presley! I have seen many clips/interviews/documentaries with Mr. Geller in..... all I can say is this man is full of it!

Why does he feel the need to write yet another book for his best friend Elvis? Geller says that "He (Elvis) asked for my help, and said he wouldn't ask any one else. He said he needed to know if I was behind him in this, that if I didn't help him tell of his spiritual quest, his books, the vision he had in the Arizona desert, his total belief in God, his struggle to remain healthy, even his medications - then his real story and the truth of his life would never be known."

I'm sorry but when someone is on their third book whether this is done by a ghost writer or by the man himself, he is no better that the other MM rats who have fed themselves at the Elvis teat once to often! I don't care if what he writes about makes you feel warm inside, the man is a parasite, there are many who will attest that Mr. Geller did not spend nearly as much time as he suggests.

This man wants another pay day! sorry but I'm not helping another hanger on line his pockets. :angry:

4THEHEART
07-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Enigmatic Sun,I see what you mean..it's sad to see,in western world people like to adapt some eastern philosophies into a lighter form and it loses all it's meaning at the end..it still happening with Feng Shui and some healing methods,and Tai Chi..not just in 60's..it's better to be patient and study each of them such as Taoism,Zen ,Budhism,Shintoism also Egyptian and Mayan history,one by one and from original sources and as a whole,trying not to use our default mentality so we could better understand before we judge..It goes too slowly but I enjoy a lot this way better..But I don't think Mr Geller was that shallow in his interests and Elvis's interest mustn't be about trends of 60's..He became involved with martial arts very early and this brings along those other eastern studies and I believe he was serious about his intention of learning. ;)