PDA

View Full Version : Pictures on computer

toffe
07-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Good evening everyone

There are sooo many pictures of Elvis, and when you save all the pictures on youre computer, there might be many after a while, so i am wondering how you save them, in groups, after year. etc?

I got directorys from every year, there i save the pictures, 1969,1970,1971 etc. directories. How do you save them? :blush:

Sorry bad English!

Tommy
07-15-2007, 11:15 PM
A goodway to save them would be just way the catagories are here in the Gallery. Then back them up onto a CD-R for safekeeping. Hope this helps.

Burning_Love
07-15-2007, 11:56 PM
That;a what i have done Tommy...It's great so you never loose them (y) :king:

marijaep
07-16-2007, 12:03 AM
There are pictures all over my PC:blush:
lol
I must do something about it. Thanks for the ideas lol

thefunkyangel
07-16-2007, 02:56 AM
I have a year folder
In that folder I have a month folder
In that one I have a day folder!

I have 15,000 candids all in their respected folders - 98% dated!

Raised on Rock
07-16-2007, 04:13 AM
They used to be a total mess in my pc, I recently fixed that up, best way turned out to be year by year and then sub folders in each year for example:

1957: Candids, On Stage & Back Stage, Loving You, Jailhouse Rock.
1973: Candids, Aloha From Hawaii, Las Vegas, On Tour.

Great to know Im not the only one obsesed about collectin Elvis pic on the PC. lol.

toffe
07-16-2007, 06:01 AM
There are pictures all over my PC:blush:
lol
I must do something about it. Thanks for the ideas lol

Same as me:lol:

ForeverTheKing
07-16-2007, 06:13 AM
A goodway to save them would be just way the catagories are here in the Gallery. Then back them up onto a CD-R for safekeeping. Hope this helps.

The same here (y) I've pictures organized in different galleries (as they are here at TCBWORLD) and sometimes I also save the whole gallery in a CD-R just not to miss them :lol:

riley
07-16-2007, 08:04 AM
I have more then 10000 on my PC.

I've put them in a lifestory like a film together with a map of music.

When I start the two together every song suits the pictures non stop.

It is a 6 hours long slideshow on music esp fromp him but some parts where he is seen for instance having a good time with friends on the beach etc there are often typical good songs from the sixties from other singers too.

It is so beautiful I don't need television anymore. I can just pick out a song and just look at all those happy times he had.

You can compare it with youtube clips but then one of 6 hours

It begans with his birth and it ends today so I have kept track also of lisa, Pris, Riley etc...

I know the place of each pic by hearth approx. and whenever I find still a good one or a better quality one it is immediately added. It is fun doing, I love to share and esp trade seldom ones for other seldom ones too.
I buy lots of very High quality too.

It is a hobby, sometimes not a cheap one but so satisfying.

Of course once in a while I'll have to make a copie on dvd because loosing those I would go nuts.:lol:

Merry
07-16-2007, 08:48 AM
I have more then 10000 on my PC.

I've put them in a lifestory like a film together with a map of music.

When I start the two together every song suits the pictures non stop.

It is a 6 hours long slideshow on music esp fromp him but some parts where he is seen for instance having a good time with friends on the beach etc there are often typical good songs from the sixties from other singers too.

It is so beautiful I don't need television anymore. I can just pick out a song and just look at all those happy times he had.

:

Wow Riley, that sounds wonderful.

Jess

Tommy
07-16-2007, 12:49 PM
The same here (y) I've pictures organized in different galleries (as they are here at TCBWORLD) and sometimes I also save the whole gallery in a CD-R just not to miss them :lol:

I have so many over 12,000 on one computer, I have also back them up to a external hard drive. :lol: But I have three computers:lol: So there are more on them, the one I use to scan and post photos is on another one. Like you all I don't want to miss a ONE!:lol:(y)

My laptop is so full, I'm down to 7% of free space:lol: Even though I took about 8,000 off:lol: of course they are back up on the external hard drive and CD-R:lol: Plus of course I have other stuff on my laptop.

riley
07-16-2007, 01:58 PM
make maps and keep them filed according to date is of course very efficient but putting them in a non stop slideshow with music is so much more fun to see and work with them, really.;)

Rising Sun
07-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Hi, I think a good way to save the pictures is to put them into special folders-for example I have one big folder ELVIS and in it there are many more folders, for example Graceland,...; Family; 50s; 60s; 70s;...
And in these folders I have On Stage photos, Candids, publicity shots.
All in all I have 1620 Pictures in 55 folders!!!!!! (I was really surprised about that huge number:))

U.S. Male
07-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Back when I was heavy in to collecting photos, I always had them categorized on my computer.....

50's

Live
Candid/off stage
Promo

60's

Live
Candid/off stage
Promo
68 Comeback

70's

Live
Candid/off stage

Movies

Films
Documentaries (TTWII, EOT)

graceland girl
07-16-2007, 03:38 PM
how do you post pics up onto here?

Tommy
07-16-2007, 03:41 PM
how do you post pics up onto here?

Go to the Gallery, click on upload and a new page will appear and click browse and upload your photo.

graceland girl
07-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Go to the Gallery, click on upload and a new page will appear and click browse and upload your photo.

thanks very much, i'll give it a go!(y)

graceland girl
07-16-2007, 05:46 PM
thanks tommy, just tried it and managed to upload a pic onto the photo gallery, but how do it get one on the end of a reply on another forum/thread?

Tommy
07-16-2007, 07:31 PM
thanks tommy, just tried it and managed to upload a pic onto the photo gallery, but how do it get one on the end of a reply on another forum/thread?

Click like you would to post a reply, your window will come up to write in, scroll down and you will see manage attachments, click on that and then click browse and continue on, good you got a photo posted. (y) Hope this helps you out.

toffe
07-16-2007, 07:46 PM
And now, there is totally difference in my Elvis album, now i have directories

Young Elvis
50`s
60`s
70`s

and inside them again i have on Stage, off stage, in Movies, TTWII, 68 Comeback etc. Much better now (y)

But i got some pictures that i can`t get the date on :hmm:, can anybody help?

riley
07-16-2007, 08:15 PM
I can hardly post anything here, pics are always refused.
Think it has something to do with the extensions or with size, I don't know.:doh:

What a pity I would love to share some;)

Tommy
07-17-2007, 12:24 AM
I can hardly post anything here, pics are always refused.
Think it has something to do with the extensions or with size, I don't know.:doh:

What a pity I would love to share some;)

Hi riley,

Did you try to make them smaller. What message did you receive when you tried to upload a photo. Did you state this trouble in the Bugs with the new server thread? I want to help you, let me know PM me please, maybe I can help.

Unchained Melody
07-17-2007, 05:57 AM
I've got tons of pretty rare pictures mostly from the 70's but I keep them safely stored on dvdrs so they aren't going anywhere.;)

riley
07-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Please post them cheif 77 :clap: