PDA

View Full Version : Elvis & Kathie

GirlHappy19
07-11-2007, 07:22 PM
There was a thread on this book"Elvis & Kathie,but I can't find it now.....I saw this book in amazon.com and the price of this book left me parlized.$349.99(Used)and $1.215.58.....(New):jawdrop:Imean,but why?What is this book about?That she slept with Elvis?So what?We know that.I just can't figure it out.Im sorry.....I love Elvis and will not pay that price.Is beyond saddnes what the people who knew elvis are doing for money.Does anyone remember love me tender?Does anyone really loved him for who he was and not for the money?:angry:

GirlHappy19
"Man,I just work here"
Elvis,68 comeback

Burning_Love
07-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I Must Agree With You. That's all these people seem to do it for..the money ?$?$?$?$? !!!! Not one of them can keep their mouth shut.

I would not pay that much for a book...no way ! Amazon have got to be kidding. There is no big deal there. It looks like a good book but not for that price !!
:king:

marijaep
07-11-2007, 07:32 PM
There was a thread on this book"Elvis & Kathie,but I can't find it now.....I saw this book in amazon.com and the price of this book left me parlized.$349.99(Used)and $1.215.58.....(New):jawdrop:Imean,but why?What is this book about?That she slept with Elvis?So what?We know that.I just can't figure it out.Im sorry.....I love Elvis and will not pay that price.Is beyond saddnes what the people who knew elvis are doing for money.Does anyone remember love me tender?Does anyone really loved him for who he was and not for the money?:angry:

GirlHappy19

OUCH!!!!:cursing: $1.215???????? WOW!!! That's definitely too much for a book:jawdrop:
I won't pay that much, no way...:mad: They went too far.
Does someone has the book? Is it THAT good? Is it worth to buy it?

SweetCaroline
07-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Seems quite tawdry to me to make money off a relationship with another person and especially when the person isn't here to defend themselves about anything the author should choose to say. I have never had any respect for those that do that. (n)

As far as the high prices of the secondary market I am not positive, but I think it is the secondary market book dealer, and not the author that is making the $$$$ at that point.

jeanmary
07-11-2007, 09:36 PM
This is my friends fave book about Elvis - I wish I could get it at a reasonable price - it's out of print and Kathy is not well at the moment...hopefully she will feel better soon and maybe get it out there again.

Merry
07-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Seems quite tawdry to me to make money off a relationship with another person and especially when the person isn't here to defend themselves about anything the author should choose to say. I have never had any respect for those that do that. (n)

As far as the high prices of the secondary market I am not positive, but I think it is the secondary market book dealer, and not the author that is making the $$$$ at that point.

I agree with you, SweetCaroline, I literally feel sick at the thought. However, it is different when loving stories are shared. Although personally, I mean this from the bottom of my heart, I couldn't do it, no matter how much money. A relationship with one you love is between you and he, and that is it.

Jess

Miss Clawdy
07-11-2007, 10:27 PM
It seems to be a nice book and I guess Kathy and Elvis had a wonderful relationship, therefore I can understand that she wants to share those memories with others.:D

SeeSeeRider777
07-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Is there any pics of her close up? I never seen any.

tocancun
07-12-2007, 01:10 PM
In the states you can get it from your local library. Hope this helps.

Ann

SweetCaroline
07-12-2007, 05:41 PM
A relationship with one you love is between you and he, and that is it.

Jess

That is my moral code, too, but I do understand everyone can chose their own as they go down life's path.
I think it shows more class and love to stay mum, but that is truly.... my humble opinion. ;)

SweetCaroline
07-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Is there any pics of her close up? I never seen any.

There are some pictures of her on her website.
http://www.kathywestmoreland.us/

Diane
07-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks for posting the link SC, it's been a while since I've been there - new pictures to see!:clap:

We saw her in Tahoe at one of Elvis' concerts and she was a pretty lady. I think her books are probably in good taste - unlike some others.

Diane

meg
07-13-2007, 09:33 AM
It seems to be a nice book and I guess Kathy and Elvis had a wonderful relationship, therefore I can understand that she wants to share those memories with others.:D

I have that book.Its indeed a very nice book(y)
She will write a new one she said!

TurnpikeTaylor
07-13-2007, 10:24 AM
I think this book is maybe 11/12 years old now...............it came ....and went very quickly. A distinct lack of interest all around, not many takers.

meg
07-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Hi Kathy,
Is there any place I can purchase your book about you and Elvis? I've tried used book stores and have had no luck at all. Any suggestions?
JoAnn Sitler

Dear JoAnn,
Thank you for this question. This is one that I'm perhaps asked most often. My book in its first publication form is no longer available. However, my new book is about to hit the press at last. This will include all of the stories in the old one, with much added. New photos, stories that were left out of the first. It's almost ready to go! And..this one will be available at NORMAL cost! I have received notices from persons who purchased as "collectors", USED copies of my book FROM PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THE ORIGINAL, at outrageous prices! E-bay, $90-$100, and at Amazon, from $367.50 to $400.00 and recently, according to one "politely angry at me, Kathy" woman, for $450.00! Please note, THIS IS NOT ME selling these. These are people, I guess, who purchased the older version, numbered/signed years ago, and are re-selling it now. You can find copies in local libraries to read. LA County has a waiting list of just a few weeks to check out a copy.

Kat

http://www.kathywestmoreland.us/askkathy.html

Miss Clawdy
07-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Thank's for the info Meg:D(y)

moody_ blue
07-13-2007, 02:25 PM
well girlhappy 19

hope you have someting cheeper on this link just look ok :clap:

http://www.fetchbook.info/compare.do?search=9780961862206

Lisarose
07-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi Kathy,
Is there any place I can purchase your book about you and Elvis? I've tried used book stores and have had no luck at all. Any suggestions?
JoAnn Sitler

Dear JoAnn,
Thank you for this question. This is one that I'm perhaps asked most often. My book in its first publication form is no longer available. However, my new book is about to hit the press at last. This will include all of the stories in the old one, with much added. New photos, stories that were left out of the first. It's almost ready to go! And..this one will be available at NORMAL cost! I have received notices from persons who purchased as "collectors", USED copies of my book FROM PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THE ORIGINAL, at outrageous prices! E-bay, $90-$100, and at Amazon, from $367.50 to $400.00 and recently, according to one "politely angry at me, Kathy" woman, for $450.00! Please note, THIS IS NOT ME selling these. These are people, I guess, who purchased the older version, numbered/signed years ago, and are re-selling it now. You can find copies in local libraries to read. LA County has a waiting list of just a few weeks to check out a copy.

Kat

http://www.kathywestmoreland.us/askkathy.html

Glad to hear this, I wonder if she's selling from her site or through bookstores?

Diana
07-13-2007, 05:46 PM
:'(:'(:'( Poor Elvis!!! Only real fans love him not for money. It seems to me that every "lady" who slept with Elvis wants to earn more money, they have a competitions kinda... They S**k!!!:angry::angry::angry: