PDA

View Full Version : TCB in martial arts

GirlHappy19
07-10-2007, 02:04 AM
I was browsing the web and found this....problably old to you,but I had no idea that TCB was also used by Elvis for karate.

GirlHappy19(y)

Diane
07-10-2007, 02:22 AM
This is really interesting, I had no idea either. Thank you for sharing this.

Diane

SweetCaroline
07-10-2007, 04:15 AM
Not really understanding.... :hmm:
Did the karate people lift the ititals/meaning from ELVIS and his relationship with the sport.... or vice-versa?
It says on the patch that TCB and the lightening bolt is...trademarked.

srj1967
07-10-2007, 05:41 AM
I picked up Wayne's book Elvis' Karate Legacy in Memphis. Haven't read it yet; some of the pics look cool ...

MickyG63
07-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Not really understanding.... :hmm:
Did the karate people lift the ititals/meaning from ELVIS and his relationship with the sport.... or vice-versa?
It says on the patch that TCB and the lightening bolt is...trademarked.

Elvis sat down with Priscilla (according to her) and designed the TCB lightning bolt logo. He wanted something to reflect his philosophy - taking care of business quick as a flash.

Burning_Love
07-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Huh Never Knew That ThankYooooou ! (y)(y) :king:

goodelvisgirl
07-11-2007, 12:04 PM
well i never knew that you learn something new everyday

GirlHappy19
07-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Elvis sat down with Priscilla (according to her) and designed the TCB lightning bolt logo. He wanted something to reflect his philosophy - taking care of business quick as a flash.

I read the same myself......but who is borowing TCB from who?:hmm:

SweetCaroline
07-11-2007, 06:13 PM
I read the same myself......but who is borowing TCB from who?:hmm:

Yes!...
That is my question now, too. :hmm:

tjs
07-11-2007, 06:16 PM
There was also a boxer Tommy Morrison (he was in Rocky 5) who used to wear the TCB lightening bolt on his trunks...

KPM
07-12-2007, 03:39 AM
Morrison was suppose to be John Waynes nephew. He retired when he was told he had AIDS. He just returned to the ring about a month ago after about 10 years or so off. He claimed new tests said he had never had AIDS. Strange. They had a Doctor saying the AIDS virus was not in his blood.

Wild_In_The_Country
07-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Taken from Captain Marvel Jr.

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/85/

TLC67
07-14-2007, 03:16 AM
[QUOTE=SweetCaroline;119583]Not really understanding.... :hmm:
Did the karate people lift the ititals/meaning from ELVIS and his relationship with the sport.... or vice-versa? It says on the patch that TCB and the lightening bolt is...trademarked.
[QUOTE]

I have a friend in the print business and she said most of the time if you just change up the logo enough it is okay to be used.
Notice the lightning bolts have more jagged edges than Elvis design, and there's 2 in this design, but one in E's. Also the placing of the letters and the bolt is different.
He probably got the idea from this or somewhere else and came up with his own design.

SweetCaroline
07-14-2007, 05:21 AM
[QUOTE=SweetCaroline;119583]Not really understanding.... :hmm:
Did the karate people lift the ititals/meaning from ELVIS and his relationship with the sport.... or vice-versa? It says on the patch that TCB and the lightening bolt is...trademarked.
[QUOTE]

I have a friend in the print business and she said most of the time if you just change up the logo enough it is okay to be used.
Notice the lightning bolts have more jagged edges than Elvis design, and there's 2 in this design, but one in E's. Also the placing of the letters and the bolt is different.
He probably got the idea from this or somewhere else and came up with his own design.

My husband has many patents so I know about the fact if it is "different enough" from the original patent.... it can be patented.

I agree with you that it is likely ELVIS liked the basic idea of the TCB and thunder bolt...and came up with his own design to represent himself and the ELVIS team. :D