PDA

View Full Version : Rubberneckin' in Change of Habit ?

rams
07-09-2007, 11:32 PM
I recently had the fortunate opportunity to be able discuss a few obscure possibilities concerning Elvis that has been eating at me for awhile but this conversation that I had with a unnamed RCA/BMG rep who has various inside knowledge about material Elvis did from over the years answered this question for me as follows :

Q. *:hmm:Does the entire segment of Elvis singing rubberneckin' from the impromtu jam session in the opening of Change of Habit with the sit in's exist in it's full uninterrupted visual self ? (Presently, we only have interupted segments of Elvis singing w/ the groupees while panning back & forth to Mary Tyler Moore & company.)

A. YES !!! It does and I have seen it along with various outtakes of the group practing for this take(takes). Elvis looks great and alot of carrying on among everyone ensued. He mentions Elvis playing the guitar alot and going into other funny songs which caused for many retakes.:clap:

................:hmm:Does anyone have any of this and can anyone out there also confirm this as mentioned from this gentleman ? :hmm:I've seen the uninterrupted version on YOU TUBE but I'm interested in all the outtakes associated along with this.(y)

Best to Everyone(y)

rams

thehillbillycat
07-10-2007, 01:25 AM
I recently had the fortunate opportunity to be able discuss a few obscure possibilities concerning Elvis that has been eating at me for awhile but this conversation that I had with a unnamed RCA/BMG rep who has various inside knowledge about material Elvis did from over the years answered this question for me as follows :

Q. *:hmm:Does the entire segment of Elvis singing rubberneckin' from the impromtu jam session in the opening of Change of Habit with the sit in's exist in it's full uninterrupted visual self ? (Presently, we only have interupted segments of Elvis singing w/ the groupees while panning back & forth to Mary Tyler Moore & company.)

A. YES !!! It does and I have seen it along with various outtakes of the group practing for this take(takes). Elvis looks great and alot of carrying on among everyone ensued. He mentions Elvis playing the guitar alot and going into other funny songs which caused for many retakes.:clap:

................:hmm:Does anyone have any of this and can anyone out there also confirm this as mentioned from this gentleman ? :hmm:I've seen the uninterrupted version on YOU TUBE but I'm interested in all the outtakes associated along with this.(y)

Best to Everyone(y)

rams

Umm, may I say that the version that you seen on YouTube is the footage being cut down from the movie itself. Meaning this, all the scenes of Mary Tyler Moore, Barbara McNair and Jane Elliot was taken out. If you noticed that a clsoe up of Elvis' playing the guitar is seen twice. So it is not truely uninterrupted. Scenes was taken out and one close up scene was used twice. So that footage that you saw was fan done.

As for outtakes, I wouldn't believe a word of what the person is saying. Why?

Because in Elvis' contract when reading it says that "any unused footage will be destory". Only footage that has surface over the years is very little. I would say the only the movie Charro would have any outtakes. Jailhouse Rock does have a alternate scene but that was shown in the trailer and that scene itself could be destroy. So the scene survive by being in the trailer.
For TTWII and EOT, we know those exists (we have some of them) but those movies are not part of his original movie contract. They are part of another one.
As I have said before and placing quotes from elvis.com, it was not uncommon for extra footage being destroy. Extra footage was taken up space so they was destroy. With the many movies that was made over the course of movie history I will ask this question.

Do you think that every outtake from every movie exist?
No, there is no way. So many movies and so many outtakes.

Anyway, RCA/BMG would have no clue on what any movie company has on outtakes. They don't own the Elvis movies and neither does EPE so they wouldn't know either. Only the movie companies would know.

As for outtakes being release if they exists. They will not release them because it cost money to find them, digitally remastered them, and put them out on DVD. They have to have 100% guaranteed that they will get there money back plus the profit. Which means, that the general public and not just Elvis fans would by the outtakes.

So don't hold your breath.

KPM
07-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Outtake footage was not kept by studios because they saw no value in it at the time. Probably the late 70s was when this type footage began to be saved. More and more films in the 70s were not studio produced but independently produced. So the people making them saved alot of the unused footage. Older big blockbuster movies had extra footage saved by the studios, like a "Gone With The Wind" or "Wizard of Oz"
Elvis movies probably had little saved. Hope I'm wrong. Up until a few years ago many said the TTWII footage and EOT footage was non-existent also. So lets hope they do have something we are not aware of.

thehillbillycat
07-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Outtake footage was not kept by studios because they saw no value in it at the time. Probably the late 70s was when this type footage began to be saved. More and more films in the 70s were not studio produced but independently produced. So the people making them saved alot of the unused footage. Older big blockbuster movies had extra footage saved by the studios, like a "Gone With The Wind" or "Wizard of Oz"
Elvis movies probably had little saved. Hope I'm wrong. Up until a few years ago many said the TTWII footage and EOT footage was non-existent also. So lets hope they do have something we are not aware of.

I would say that very little may have been saved on the unused footage. Because since Elvis movie contract does say that all unused footage will be destroy. I would say very little to nothing is left on unused footage.

TTWII and EOT was part of another movie contract of Elvis. Since they were filmed at concerts they would be saved. I have heard that alot of the footage has vinegar syndrome now.