PDA

View Full Version : Don't Cry Daddy

Diane
05-19-2007, 12:40 AM
I've been very curious about this song. Can anyone tell me whether the mommy was supposed to have left her family or did she die?

I HAVE TO KNOW! :'(

Diane

franny
05-19-2007, 12:47 AM
Diane, I'm not sure, but with these two lines from the song:

Daddy, you've still got me and little Tommy
Together we'll find a brand new mommy..

it sounds like the mommy did die :'(

franny

marijaep
05-19-2007, 12:50 AM
Diane,
I don't know either but I would like to know too...
It's such a sad song:'(

Marija

Diane
05-19-2007, 02:49 AM
My strongest feeling is that the mommy died too Franny but I'm hoping someone knows about this song for sure. Anyone??????:'(

Diane

KPM
05-19-2007, 03:04 AM
Mac Davis wrote it and I have never heard him explain what happened to Mommy in the song. I would assume that she died since Daddy still had custody of the kids. Back in 69 it probably would have been 99.9% sure that the mother would get custody in a split up. (unless she was a serial killer):) I always assumed she just died young.

RS277
05-19-2007, 05:15 AM
I don't know. With the kids saying "together we'll find a brand new mommy" is kind of cold to say if mommy died. I kinda think mommy left the family high and dry.

ajr
05-19-2007, 07:35 AM
I don't know. With the kids saying "together we'll find a brand new mommy" is kind of cold to say if mommy died. I kinda think mommy left the family high and dry.

For some reason; I always thought mama left them all too.
And, not because of death.
Someone will have to ask Mac Davis .....;)

toffe
05-19-2007, 11:43 AM
This is a very sad and beautiful song...:'( yeah, someone ask Mac David about it.....

Diane
05-19-2007, 03:27 PM
That sentence "together we'll find a brand new mommy" always bothered me too and that why I've wondered. I'm leaning more towards that she left them now.

Many we'll all get lucky and someone will read this thread and know.:D

Thanks for your responses.

Diane