PDA

View Full Version : Exciting Elvis Dvd News - Including The Debut (finally!) Of "this Is Elvis"!!!

Jungleroom76
05-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Just finished reading this information on Elvis.com and had to share it with everyone, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE PREMIERE OF "THIS IS ELVIS" ON DVD!!! :clap:

There is too much information to copy, so here is the link for everyone to check out:

http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1245

I must be dreaming....I can't believe that THIS IS ELVIS will finally see the light of day on DVD!!! :supriced:

TCB!
Mike

thehillbillycat
05-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Just finished reading this information on Elvis.com and had to share it with everyone, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE PREMIERE OF "THIS IS ELVIS" ON DVD!!! :clap:

There is too much information to copy, so here is the link for everyone to check out:

http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1245

I must be dreaming....I can't believe that THIS IS ELVIS will finally see the light of day on DVD!!! :supriced:

TCB!
Mike

Oh hell yeah, is this be release in America or woroldwide or in a region that is other than Region 0 or region 1?

Brian Quinn
05-12-2007, 11:06 AM
This is really good news and I will be buying them all.

However, I cannot blieve that EPE would include the following statement in their online advertisement:

"Voted the Third Greatest Rock ?n? Roll Artist of All Time by Rolling Stone Magazine (after the Beatles and Bob Dylan), Elvis Presley (1935 ? 1977) was also one of Hollywood?s top box-office draws, starring in 31 feature films and two theatrically released concert documentaries over the course of his career. ?The King?s? music was as much a part of his box-office success as his good looks and charisma. In fact, some of his top-selling songs were from the movie soundtracks. Eleven of his soundtrack albums made it into the top ten on the Billboard Album charts and of those, four became number one hits."

Forget what 'Rolling Stone' or any other magazine states - Elvis WAS and IS The Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artist Of All-Time.

EPE should be pushing Elvis and not highlighting The Beatles or Bob Dylan. These artists have their own websites to further their cause.

Brian :D :doh: :D

toffe
05-12-2007, 11:34 AM

However, I cannot blieve that EPE would include the following statement in their online advertisement:

"Voted the Third Greatest Rock ?n? Roll Artist of All Time by Rolling Stone Magazine (after the Beatles and Bob Dylan), Elvis Presley (1935 ? 1977) was also one of Hollywood?s top box-office draws, starring in 31 feature films and two theatrically released concert documentaries over the course of his career. ?The King?s? music was as much a part of his box-office success as his good looks and charisma. In fact, some of his top-selling songs were from the movie soundtracks. Eleven of his soundtrack albums made it into the top ten on the Billboard Album charts and of those, four became number one hits."

Forget what 'Rolling Stone' or any other magazine states - Elvis WAS and IS The Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artist Of All-Time.

EPE should be pushing Elvis and not highlighting The Beatles or Bob Dylan. These artists have their own websites to further their cause.

I agree with you Brian :blush:

Donut
05-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Have you seen what?s in "That?s the way it is" disc two ?:hmm:

Disc 2: (1970 Original Theatrical Version)
Twelve never-before seen outtake song/nonmusical sequences

KPM
05-12-2007, 09:39 PM
I already have a VHS expanded version of This is Elvis(144 minutes) and have the original theater version also. If the expanded versions the same as the one I have-and it must be because the running time is the same-then their is nothing new on it that has not been released on VHS. I have both the original TTWII, on VHS, and the Special Edition DVD but with 12 unreleased songs or outtakes it looks more promising to me. I wonder if the outtakes have been restored or are just "as is"?

elvis himselvis
05-13-2007, 01:18 PM
If I understand it correctly,there will be no Dutch subtitles????:'(

Lisarose
05-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Just another stupid question, please bear with me, What is the difference between This is Elvis & TTWII Special Edition?

KPM
05-14-2007, 09:57 PM
This is Elvis was a documentary style movie that came out in 1981. It had many scenes re-created with Elvis look-a-likes at different moments in his life. But also it had a lot of clips from his career which had not been seen (and many which had.)It is a totally different movie than TTWII or the special edition of it.

Lisarose
05-14-2007, 10:26 PM
This is Elvis was a documentary style movie that came out in 1981. It had many scenes re-created with Elvis look-a-likes at different moments in his life. But also it had a lot of clips from his career which had not been seen (and many which had.)It is a totally different movie than TTWII or the special edition of it.

Thank you, KPM, for your answer & your patience!

thehillbillycat
05-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Just another stupid question, please bear with me, What is the difference between This is Elvis & TTWII Special Edition?

TTWII Special Edition - A documentary of Elvis' 1970 summer festival. Elvis is featured both on and of stage. The theaterical version from 1970 featured fans talking about Elvis. You see a little of Elvis in the studio singing several songs. The 2000 special edition goes more in detail without the fans talking. You see more in the studio and more of Elvis on stage. Alot of it never before seen footage. It including different versions of Suspicious Minds, One Night and features several songs that wasn't in the 1970 version like I Got A Woman, Don't Be Cruel, Hound Dog and several others.

This Is Elvis - A documentary of Elvis' life. Release in 1981 and feature never before seen footage. It included two songs from Elvis' last TV special. Are You Lonesome Tonight even though it wasn't complete in the special and feature a fan talking during the song, the song was complete in This Is Elvis. In 1984 a extended version was release and feature even more never before seen footage including a alternate camera angle of Big Hunk O'Love from Aloha From Hawaii. This version didn't have Are You Lonesome Tonight but Love Me. One key difference between the two was of the footage from Elvis On Tour. One outtake feature Elvis backstage in Greensboro saying "the lady he was with last night gave great ****". Extended version - Elvis said "that she could raised the dead". The extended version was a voice over by Ral Donner. The other outtake on the extended version feature a voice over also by Ral Donner. The entired movie has Elvis (Ral Donner) telling about his life.

srj1967
05-15-2007, 05:19 AM
This is indeed great news.

Okay, it's the journalist in me, but I have to ask this "probing" question.

While it's absolutely fantastic that TTWII is included here, why is EPE only including 12 unreleased songs/outtakes? Surely, even with two discs, there'd be enough room for the two movies and a (virtually) complete show and an hour of rehearsals?

And yeah, I know some of you will say that we should be grateful for whatever we get. And I am. It's just that this piecemeal approach is frustrating.

FTD could easily release a 4 or 6 disc TTWII set in limited numbers. It would sell amongt us fans and EPE would certainly make money out of the venture.

Just a thought ...

jak
05-15-2007, 10:19 AM
This is indeed great news.

Okay, it's the journalist in me, but I have to ask this "probing" question.

While it's absolutely fantastic that TTWII is included here, why is EPE only including 12 unreleased songs/outtakes? Surely, even with two discs, there'd be enough room for the two movies and a (virtually) complete show and an hour of rehearsals?

And yeah, I know some of you will say that we should be grateful for whatever we get. And I am. It's just that this piecemeal approach is frustrating.

FTD could easily release a 4 or 6 disc TTWII set in limited numbers. It would sell amongt us fans and EPE would certainly make money out of the venture.

Just a thought ...

EPE does not own this footage.They have no say in the matter.It all comes down to money in the long run.Releasing the outtakes would be great but the studio has to feel they will make money before investing heavily into a project.Dont forget that generally speaking Elvis dvd's are not big sellers when it comes to his original films.
Jak

elvis himselvis
05-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Are there Dutch subtitles on the DVd's?

thehillbillycat
05-15-2007, 02:44 PM
EPE has no say what so ever in the movies. They belong to the who made them and that is it. It is up to MGM to release the TTWII outtakes or not. There isn't a big market for his movies. The market for his movies are really for his fans and that is about it.

I wonder why some members on here thinks that EPE has something to do with his movies?

Just because it has Elvis in it they think EPE are the owner of the movies. EPE has to get permission from the movie companies to use the footage from the movies.

srj1967
05-15-2007, 02:55 PM
EPE / MGM / RSPCA / whoever ...

It doesn't matter. An FTD-style limited release would definitely make money for everyone involved and give the fans what they want.

And TTWII and On Tour certainly can't be considered like the regular movies, most of which are - let's be honest - below par.

KPM
05-15-2007, 08:28 PM
The problem with releasing all the hours of outtakes for TTWII and EOT is that Warner feels they would have to restore then digitally remaster the footage and its very expensive. If you have seen on the internet the clips from either you see they are washed out and very dim looking. Some have no sound which has to be added during the restoration. Even in the TTWII Special Edition you can see in a few of the scenes very different in color tone and contrast. I guess they were added without any restoration.

I would love to see them clean up all the unreleased footage and put out a couple of 4 or 5 disc sets but until theres a bigger market or a cheaper way to restore the footage I doubt it. I would be happy with it unrestored just the sound added, but obviously someone at Warner does not see it like that. Its too bad they don't let a couple of computer savy fans work on restoring all the unreleased footage, maybe it would keep the cost down.

Walmart has had several Elvis movie releases in the last couple years at $5.50 each they seem to sell quick, but nothing is really done to them which amounts to a huge expense in restoration.

Jungleroom76
05-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Are there Dutch subtitles on the DVd's?

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that there are Dutch subtitles included on any of the DVD releases... (n)

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
05-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Oh hell yeah, is this be release in America or woroldwide or in a region that is other than Region 0 or region 1?

That's a good question... :hmm:

I looked around at some other Elvis news sites but couldn't find out any more information on whether these titles will be made available in region codes outside the U.S...

Perhaps someone else might have some additional details on this?? :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
05-16-2007, 09:26 PM

EXCELLENT POINT BRIAN!!! (y)

And apparently, someone at EPE heard you...when I went back to re-read the article on Elvis.com, the paragraph you mentioned had been re-written with the line "Voted the Third Greatest Rock ?n? Roll Artist of All Time by Rolling Stone Magazine (after the Beatles and Bob Dylan)," removed from the text!!

Definitely a positive step by EPE to remove that line from the article!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

elvis himselvis
05-17-2007, 05:06 PM
thanks for your anwser JungleRoom76

Jungleroom76
05-17-2007, 09:19 PM
My pleasure elvis himselvis, although I am sorry I couldn't report better news to you!!! (n)

TCB!
Mike

thehillbillycat
05-18-2007, 04:23 AM
EPE / MGM / RSPCA / whoever ...

It doesn't matter. An FTD-style limited release would definitely make money for everyone involved and give the fans what they want.

And TTWII and On Tour certainly can't be considered like the regular movies, most of which are - let's be honest - below par.

FTD will have to ask permission to used the footage. It will cost them money to used the footage of any of Elvis' movies. Why would they bother with footage of that they have to ask permission to used. They would release alternate footage of 68 and Aloha before they release EOT and TTWII outtakes. So let me make it clear again: FTD will have to ask permission to used the footage and it will cost them money for them to used the footage.

KPM - You are partly right on what you said here:
"The problem with releasing all the hours of outtakes for TTWII and EOT is that Warner feels they would have to restore then digitally remaster the footage and its very expensive. If you have seen on the internet the clips from either you see they are washed out and very dim looking. Some have no sound which has to be added during the restoration. Even in the TTWII Special Edition you can see in a few of the scenes very different in color tone and contrast. I guess they were added without any restoration."

But let me give you heads up on the footage. As you said some of the footage does have a different color. That is not how they are filmed or transfer or because they wasn't restored, they are getting that way because they are getting faded. Films will do that. They restored the films that was used in the special edition the best they can. So if the footage is faded on the film they can't do anything for that. Films can have many problems with them.

Films can actually get a disease or it is referred as a disease. Yes, you heard right. They can and the film in time would be ruin forever. The disease is call Vinegar Syndrome. This disease is a problem with film made with cellulose triacetate base, in which it degrades and releases a smell resembling that of vinegar; indeed, deteriorating triacetate film produces acetic acid. The process can be slowed with a molecular sieve, or by storing cool and dry in vented cans but is impossible to stop. For archival, films suffering from vinegar syndrome must be quarantined and copied onto a medium not susceptible to the problem.

Another diesase will actually caused the film to turn red but it is not referred as a disease. So everything that is on the film will become a pinkish color and over time become red. This to is impossible to stop but the film doesn't have to be quarantined.

From what I heard, some of the footage of Elvis TTWII and EOT has vinegar syndrome. Some has also become faded just like Santa Claus Is Back In Town on the special edition. As I have said all films that has vinegar syndrome are copied for archival proposes only so a copy of the film is available. So the copy is a first generation copy. The DVDs of EOT and TTWII outtakes are either second or more generation for the most part.

The biggest problem is with 8mm films they can get vinegar syndrome real quick. So for those fans or members who has or knows someone who has concert footage. Take care of them. Keep them in your house where no heat can get to them what so ever. Films has to kept at room temperature.

sam
05-18-2007, 08:50 PM
And,"Jailhouse Rock" & "Viva Las Vegas" will be the oldest movies to make it onto HD DVD and Blu ray come September. Thanks Warner for that...look forward to my Blu ray copies!!!

(y)

thehillbillycat
05-18-2007, 09:57 PM
And,"Jailhouse Rock" & "Viva Las Vegas" will be the oldest movies to make it onto HD DVD and Blu ray come September. Thanks Warner for that...look forward to my Blu ray copies!!!

(y)

Rio Bravo will hold the oldest movie to be release on HD DVD until Jailhouse Rock is release. Jailhouse Rock is 1957, Rio Bravo is 1959 and Viva Las Vegas 1963. As for Bu Ray, it is the same as HD DVD. Rio Bravo will be the oldest until Jailhouse Rock is release.

EDITED: Jailhouse Rock still won't be the oldest movie. Out right now is The Adventures of Robin Hood from 1938. Casablanca from 1942 is out.

sam
05-19-2007, 09:21 AM
ok got it a little wrong!!!

The King Swings onto Blu-ray

Posted May 16, 2007 by Josh

http://www.blu-ray.com/images/news/wb.jpg
Warner Brothers Home Entertainment has announced that they will be releasing two classic Elvis Presley films on September 18th. 'Jailhouse Rock' and 'Viva Las Vegas' will both come on BD-25s, sporting VC-1 video encodes and Dolby Digital soundtracks. These represent some of the oldest films ever to be delivered in high definition, so it will be interesting to see how Warner does with their remastering techniques. SRP has been set at $28.99 for both.

Jailhouse Rock: In one of his best-loved films, Elvis Presley stars as a small-time convict who uses his time in prison to practice music, then goes on to become a big-time performer. Co-stars Judy Tyler and Dean Jones.

Viva Las Vegas: Elvis Presley and vivacious Ann-Margret sizzle in this dazzling funfest that's brimming with high-voltage musical numbers, roaring race cars and glittery Vegas action.

thehillbillycat
05-19-2007, 10:01 AM
These represent some of the oldest films ever to be delivered in high definition,

The key word here is some. As I have said: The Adventures of Robin Hood from 1938 is out right now.

Casablanca from 1942 is also out. These are the oldest movies out right now.

Rio Bravo is coming out in June. This movie will be in third place until Jailhouse Rock comes out in September. When The Bridge on the River Kwai comes out which I just found out. It will knocked Jailhouse Rock in fourth place. The Bridge on the River Kwai was release a few weeks before Jailhouse Rock. The Bridge on the River Kwai was release Octiber 2, 1957 in the UK while Jailhouse Rock was release November 8, 1957 in the USA. It was release on the same day in the UK. The Bridge on the River Kwai was release in the USA in December. But movies original release date is the very first date even though it may be in another country or not.

sam
05-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Already said I got it a little wrong!!!(y)

:king:

thehillbillycat
05-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Already said I got it a little wrong!!!(y)

ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D (y) :P :lol: :) :king:

KPM
05-23-2007, 12:53 AM
[QUOTE=Elvislennon2004;111914]

"
"But let me give you heads up on the footage. As you said some of the footage does have a different color. That is not how they are filmed or transfer or because they wasn't restored, they are getting that way because they are getting faded. Films will do that. They restored the films that was used in the special edition the best they can. So if the footage is faded on the film they can't do anything for that. Films can have many problems with them."

I fully understand it has nothing to do with how the film was filmed or transfered. It has to do with the aging of the negatives
(and not being preserved properly)
You are right about films having many problems which affect how they look over time, but many can be fixed. The original negatives of a number of acknowledged classics are no longer in existence, requiring preservationists to make completely new prints of such films as How Green Was My Valley (1941), The Ox-Bow Incident (1943), and all of the features of Shirley Temple, Will Rogers and Betty Grable.
"Gone With the Wind" was completely cleaned and restored a few years back. On the TNT movie channel they did a side by side comparison of the restored version and the unrestored version and it was amazing the color and detail which ahd been restored.
This was done by a film preservation society-The American Film Institute- which restores about 100 films each year. There are ways to bring back the zing in faded color films. But is very time consuming and expensive. Thats why only about 100 a year are done. In the old days film was hand restored-they would restore color and detail frame by frame. Now I understand they only have to hand restore a few frames then a computer can do the rest. Similar to how they colorize black and white films.
I think Warner knows we fans would buy the outtakes and extra scenes
"as is" but they want a much higher sales figure. Without some restoration,
they must feel they would not get those higher figures. So we will probably not see most of the stuff until demand goes way up or the restoration costs go down.

thehillbillycat
05-23-2007, 02:03 AM
[quote=Elvislennon2004;111914]

"
"But let me give you heads up on the footage. As you said some of the footage does have a different color. That is not how they are filmed or transfer or because they wasn't restored, they are getting that way because they are getting faded. Films will do that. They restored the films that was used in the special edition the best they can. So if the footage is faded on the film they can't do anything for that. Films can have many problems with them."

I fully understand it has nothing to do with how the film was filmed or transfered. It has to do with the aging of the negatives
(and not being preserved properly)
You are right about films having many problems which affect how they look over time, but many can be fixed. The original negatives of a number of acknowledged classics are no longer in existence, requiring preservationists to make completely new prints of such films as How Green Was My Valley (1941), The Ox-Bow Incident (1943), and all of the features of Shirley Temple, Will Rogers and Betty Grable.
"Gone With the Wind" was completely cleaned and restored a few years back. On the TNT movie channel they did a side by side comparison of the restored version and the unrestored version and it was amazing the color and detail which ahd been restored.
This was done by a film preservation society-The American Film Institute- which restores about 100 films each year. There are ways to bring back the zing in faded color films. But is very time consuming and expensive. Thats why only about 100 a year are done. In the old days film was hand restored-they would restore color and detail frame by frame. Now I understand they only have to hand restore a few frames then a computer can do the rest. Similar to how they colorize black and white films.
I think Warner knows we fans would buy the outtakes and extra scenes
"as is" but they want a much higher sales figure. Without some restoration,
they must feel they would not get those higher figures. So we will probably not see most of the stuff until demand goes way up or the restoration costs go down.

Yes, it is very true that the films How Green Was My Valley (1941), The Ox-Bow Incident (1943), and all of the features of Shirley Temple, Will Rogers and Betty Grable negatives are not existence anymore. They were destory along with other classics. As for bring color back to the films. Yes, some films have been restored perfectly but others hasn't. So you are looking at a 50 - 50 chance of being restored to it original form. Now they can perserve the films and its negatives. But for the movies that you mention it is too late. Only a few seconds of those films you name and thousands that you didn't exist now. Gone With The Wind is the classic beyond a classic because it was the first color film. Some will say that it has been colorized but it was film in color. The negative of Gone With The Wind and Wizard of Oz is kept in a place by themselves because of the fact they were the first color films.

KPM
05-23-2007, 02:30 AM
[quote=KPM;112703]

Yes, it is very true that the films How Green Was My Valley (1941), The Ox-Bow Incident (1943), and all of the features of Shirley Temple, Will Rogers and Betty Grable negatives are not existence anymore. They were destory along with other classics. As for bring color back to the films. Yes, some films have been restored perfectly but others hasn't. So you are looking at a 50 - 50 chance of being restored to it original form. Now they can perserve the films and its negatives. But for the movies that you mention it is too late. Only a few seconds of those films you name and thousands that you didn't exist now. Gone With The Wind is the classic beyond a classic because it was the first color film. Some will say that it has been colorized but it was film in color. The negative of Gone With The Wind and Wizard of Oz is kept in a place by themselves because of the fact they were the first color films.
Luckily the films mentioned (even though the negatives were unusable) could still have new prints made by the work and restoration efforts of expert preservationist. Its amazing the things they can do. Each year the tools become better and hopefully someday it will be much less costly.

KPM
05-23-2007, 02:32 AM
According to an update on the Japanese Elvis World site this is the track listing for the bonus tracks on the upcoming "That's The Way it Is" deluxe edition:

(Never-before Seen Outtakes) 47 minutes:

You Don't Have To Say You Love Me;
Eating Burgers;
Cattle Call;
Baby Let's Play House;
Don't;
Farther Along;
Oh Happy Day;
I Just Can't Help Believin';
Walk A Mile In My Shoes;
I've Lost You;
Sweet Caroline;
Little Sister;
Stranger In The Crowd;
Party Sequence.
Hasn't most of this been seen? Wasn't some of it in the original TTWII? Then again- maybe these are other filmed versions.

Jungleroom76
05-23-2007, 09:52 PM
According to an update on the Japanese Elvis World site this is the track listing for the bonus tracks on the upcoming "That's The Way it Is" deluxe edition:

(Never-before Seen Outtakes) 47 minutes:

You Don't Have To Say You Love Me;
Eating Burgers;
Cattle Call;
Baby Let's Play House;
Don't;
Farther Along;
Oh Happy Day;
I Just Can't Help Believin';
Walk A Mile In My Shoes;
I've Lost You;
Sweet Caroline;
Little Sister;
Stranger In The Crowd;
Party Sequence.
Hasn't most of this been seen? Wasn't some of it in the original TTWII? Then again- maybe these are other filmed versions.

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw this list KPM... :hmm:

But somewhere (I can't remember where right now) I saw a list of what bonus footage was supposedly going to be included on the original DVD release of TTWII - SE back in 2001 and there was a live version of STRANGER IN THE CROWD listed. Perhaps that is what is being listed here?

But looking over this list, I am wondering if the "never before seen outtakes" is simply an advertising gimmick to show potential buyers that there is a difference between the original 1970 version of TTWII and the 2000 special edition of TTWII? To the casual Elvis fan, they might be wondering why they should buy a 2 DVD set when both DVD's contain the same movie, but when it is advertised that the set contains "never before seen outtakes", technically the advertisers are right in that TTWII - SE does contain outtakes that were not seen in the original 1970 version. (They just wouldn't be outtakes that WE haven't seen before!)

Does that sound confusing?? :blink: :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Donut
05-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Weren?t all those outtakes in "The lost performances" ? Those outtakes sound very familiar to me... maybe I?m wrong but I think most of that was there.

KPM
05-24-2007, 07:05 PM
I know "OH Happy Day" and "Farther Along" have not been on any official releases, but the rest of them(except the Live "Stranger in the Crowd")I'm pretty sure have been released before.

thehillbillycat
05-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I know "OH Happy Day" and "Farther Along" have not been on any official releases, but the rest of them(except the Live "Stranger in the Crowd")I'm pretty sure have been released before.

Yea, they have been release officially on some of them but not in widescreen. If they are in widescreen they have been release like that before. But then again, I've Lost You and Walk A Mile In My Shoes could be from different shows.

Eating Burgers,
Farther Along,
Oh Happy Day,
Stranger In The Crowd

These hasn't been release before.

Donut
05-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Some information about this on Elvis.com
http://www.elvis.com/elvisology/faq/faq.asp?qid=21

KPM
05-25-2007, 12:16 AM
In the Special Edition TTWII 2000 there is a quick peek at Elvis and the band eating burgers -if I recall correctly-but it was a MTV type series of cuts to music.

mn-designs
05-25-2007, 02:20 AM
I think this material will be rehearsal footage, and finally in his complete form...but you'll never know what they may come up with..we just have to wait till the day the dvd's are released....
But i'm more looking forward to the this is elvis dvd...in great quality(y)

Evi
05-25-2007, 02:26 AM
EXCELLENT POINT BRIAN!!! (y)

And apparently, someone at EPE heard you...when I went back to re-read the article on Elvis.com, the paragraph you mentioned had been re-written with the line "Voted the Third Greatest Rock ?n? Roll Artist of All Time by Rolling Stone Magazine (after the Beatles and Bob Dylan)," removed from the text!!

Definitely a positive step by EPE to remove that line from the article!! ;)

TCB!
Mike

Hehe thats good to hear! Although if it was in my power I'd remove the line :
Voted the Third Greatest Rock ?n? Roll Artist of All Time by Rolling Stone Magazine
and replace it with this one: The Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artist of ALL Time! :D :D ;)

Brian Quinn
05-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Unless anyone knows to the contrary I believe that these new DVD's will only be released in the U.S.A. (Region 1).

I have tried Warner Brothers Website but to no avail - no contact address.

Would appreciate it if anyone could find out if they will be released in the UK (Region 2).

Thanks.

Brian :)

sam
05-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Unless anyone knows to the contrary I believe that these new DVD's will only be released in the U.S.A. (Region 1).

I have tried Warner Brothers Website but to no avail - no contact address.

Would appreciate it if anyone could find out if they will be released in the UK (Region 2).

Thanks.

Brian :)
From Elvis Australia site....

Warner & Paramount DVD Releases August 2007By: Elvis Australia - May 10, 2007
Source: Warner Home Video

Email this article (?subject=Warner%20%26amp%3B%20Paramount%20DVD%20R eleases%20August%202007&body=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elvis.com.au%2Fpresley%2Fdvd %2Fwarner_dvd_releases2007.shtml)
Printer friendly page (http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/dvd/printer_warner_dvd_releases2007.shtml)Warner Home Video will release the following DVDs in worldwide during August. Two disc editions: 'Elvis: That's the Way It Is' and 'This is Elvis'. One disc editions: 'Charro!', 'Kissin' Cousins', 'Girl Happy', 'Live a Little, Love a Little' 'Tickle Me' and 'Stay Away, Joe'. Deluxe editions: 'Jailhouse Rock' and 'Viva Las Vegas'.

Tickle Me will not be released in Australia or the UK. Warner will not initially release the box set 'Elvis: The Hollywood Collection' only the titles separately.

The editions of 'Jailhouse Rock' and 'Viva Las Vegas' include a documentary, 'Elvis: That's the Way It Is' includes both the original and Special Edition while 'This Is Elvis' includes the theatrical version and much longer TV version plus other material. The single disc releases probably don't include any extras.

Lisarose
05-27-2007, 04:45 AM
I found these titles on a preorder at amazon.com, today. Reasonably priced, too. They are suppose to ship out around Aug 12, 2007. It did list the regions, but I don't recall what they are.

Jungleroom76
05-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the info. Lisarose!! (y)

The DVD's are reasonably priced on Amazon.com, and according to their site today (5/30), the release date for the DVD's is now August 7th! :D

TCB!
Mike