PDA

View Full Version : blue suede jew

es_gal
04-17-2007, 11:19 AM
heya just wondering did anyone else in the uk watch the show last nite called blue suede jew? it was a jewish elvis impersonater who belives that he can get in contact with him through his son. Just wonderin wat everyone else thought about this?
:king: Nicola:king:

Elvis_Priestly
04-17-2007, 12:27 PM
heya just wondering did anyone else in the uk watch the show last nite called blue suede jew? it was a jewish elvis impersonater who belives that he can get in contact with him through his son. Just wonderin wat everyone else thought about this?
:king: Nicola:king:

Yip I watched it es-gal. I thought it was quite sad, I didn't know at times whether it was all a game to get attention or if it was really a family who had gone through a lot together and had found Elvis a help and then let it get out of control.
I wanted the guy Gill to a least get through to the final, just for him, and I thought he was better than a lot of the others (watching some of them nearly made me hang up my jumpsuit for good!) I have no doubt too that it was edited to show Elvis fans at their worst and show them as a "dying breed." It seemed the only fans they wanted to show were old retired ladies with emotional problems. I'm honestly not being "ageist" but we all know the world of Elvis fans is a much broader demographic than represented.

Trelane P
04-17-2007, 02:53 PM
I've watched the first half. I'll catch up on the rest tonight. Gotta be honest though, I thought the film was boring. It was rooted to the spot, not going anywhere.

A much more enjoyable documentary on impersonators is a DVD I have called Almost Elvis. Now that was interesting and fun:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Almost-Elvis-Impersonators-Their-Quest/dp/B00006L9UY/ref=sr_1_1/202-4483674-3374214?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1176817935&sr=1-1

TP

geordie
04-17-2007, 02:59 PM
yes i wached it, the whole family are barking mad:lol:

i actually thought the son ( who could speak to elvis :blink: ) was a better singer than his dad

on the whole another show to beat the elvis fan up with. i didnt bother me too much though as i nearly choked on my snakies a couple of times watching it :lol:

Burning_Love
04-17-2007, 05:56 PM
This is sick. I found it very sick anyway and i think they were mad. Not something i find funny. I think that Gill was generally into Elvis but His wife and sons convinced him in thinking Elvis could go into his son. Did you see the 'If i can dream' bit teaching him how to dance like Elvis..wow he done a BAD job.
Sorry but i did not like it !!

:king:

maxiefields
04-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Absolutely terrible, fans/ programmes like this do the image of elvis No favours at all .I cried and my wife laughed

dennyelvis
04-17-2007, 08:00 PM
I saw it .... at times i found it really genuine .. these people believe it ! ... and i was almost convinced ... then hang on ... out pops Uri Geller ... well now it must be fake ... surely ?

elvislady
04-18-2007, 02:40 PM
I heard about this and i have recorded it has i have been away, so i will let you know when i have watched it.
elvislady:hmm:

iamhekev
04-18-2007, 02:56 PM
MAD and BAD.(n)

donald
04-18-2007, 04:55 PM
it was sad and a joke he did'nt even know who the king was till he meet his wife and she made him think he was elvis he had only been a fan for 4 years it really got to me just someone else trying to make money out of the king

elvislady
04-19-2007, 11:12 PM
I just watched blue suede jew and the guy gill i thought was really genuine and he did not disrespect elvis in any way. i thought he should have got some where in the competion and i felt really sorry for him when he got know where.
elvislady:'(