PDA

View Full Version : Different ways of releasing Elvis material ?

dennyelvis
04-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I guess its fair to say that apart from the FTD releases (y) the fans are weary of the same old rehashed material offering nothing new (n).
So i thought i kinda like the way new cds [other artists] are now offered to the public, an official release, a special UK version, a deluxe digital version [often containing alternates/bonus trax :clap:].
So why oh why cant they release new Elvis material like this :hmm: the cds look cool,fresh, value for money with the added bonus material .... it would feel like Elvis's music was being taken serious,and some thought put into the offerings ... so wadda u guys think ?

Trelane P
04-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I despair at the way RCA compiled and released Elvis albums in the 70's. Forget them!

Today, there should be only three main double albums available covering his 69/70's studio material:

- The Best Of The American Sessions (1969)
- The Best Of The Nashville Sessions (1970 & 1971)
- The Best Of The Stax Sessions (1973 inc best of the '72/'75/'76 sessions)

Now these would be seriously hot albums and nobody would have to sit through Three Corn Patches anymore.

Let?s re-catalogue his songs for release like this and delete the original albums. Quality over quantity please.

EP6873
04-15-2007, 05:04 AM
I despair at the way RCA compiled and released Elvis albums in the 70's. Forget them!

Today, there should be only three main double albums available covering his 69/70's studio material:

- The Best Of The American Sessions (1969)
- The Best Of The Nashville Sessions (1970 & 1971)
- The Best Of The Stax Sessions (1973 inc best of the '72/'75/'76 sessions)

Now these would be seriously hot albums and nobody would have to sit through Three Corn Patches anymore.

Let?s re-catalogue his songs for release like this and delete the original albums. Quality over quantity please.

Nice idea! Too bad that's four cotton fields away too far!