PDA

View Full Version : George Klein's new book...

franny
04-03-2007, 01:24 AM
This was on EIN...
I haven't decided yet, if I will get this one...

franny

Pre-orders open for "Elvis Presley: The Family Album":
Amazon is currently taking pre-orders for George Klein's upcoming book. Due for release in November this year the 144 page book is being published by Little, Brown and Company.

http://www.amazon.com/Elvis-Presley-Family-George-Klein/dp/0316003506/ref=sr_1_14/102-8998152-7816107?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175388626&sr=1-14

04-03-2007, 02:15 PM
This was on EIN...

franny

Amazon is currently taking pre-orders for George Klein's upcoming book. Due for release in November this year the 144 page book is being published by Little, Brown and Company.

http://www.amazon.com/Elvis-Presley-Family-George-Klein/dp/0316003506/ref=sr_1_14/102-8998152-7816107?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175388626&sr=1-14

It's worth a read, if for anything the fictional nature of most of it's content.

Klein has a vivid imagination.

Who knows what his next claim will be!

But....it is worth a read.

MauriceColgan
04-03-2007, 03:22 PM
We met George Klein in Tunica Mississippi. He was very polite and kindly spoke with us respectfully about Elvis.

I like to read ALL the books about Elvis and will read this one when it comes our way.

A pinch of salt is required when reading 03's point of view he is obviously swayed by "the guys". If not totally enraptured by those intellectual giants. :lol:

jak
04-03-2007, 03:43 PM
We met George Klein in Tunica Mississippi. He was very polite and kindly spoke with us respectfully about Elvis.

I like to read ALL the books about Elvis and will read this one when it comes our way.

A pinch of salt is required when reading 03's point of view he is obviously swayed by "the guys". If not totally enraptured by those intellectual giants. :lol:

No reason to bring your bickering over here to this thread.A perfectly valid question was asked.
I wouldnt expect anything "new" from the Klein book.It's fairly well known that he is less than factual about some things.I would wait and see what others say about it before I spent money on it.
Jak

04-03-2007, 03:44 PM
This was on EIN...

franny

Some of Klein's previous claims....

Priscilla wanted to originally name Lisa, Tarnell, but Elvis didn't like it because it was "too soulful", so they looked through baby names and decide on Lisa-Marie.

And...to make the Colonel feel better they told the Colonel she was named after Marie, the Colonel's wife.

However, Anita Woods middle name is Marie ( just pointing it out )

According to some of the other's Elvis never said he named the kid after the Colonel's wife, it's only those like Klein who liked the Colonel that relay the story.

Apparently Elvis had a liking for the name Maria. Bonnie Bunkly, a girlfriend of Elvis's in the 60's, her middle name was Maria, and Elvis also apparently used to sing out "I Maria" a lot during drives across country, it was from one of the Four Amigo's songs.

One of the guys named their youngest Maria, and Elvis didn't like it too much, he told them that he had planned to use that name for his kid! (this is before Lisa was born )

Tarnell though lol, thats a line from an R&B song!

Of course, Klein also served time in the county jail for fraud.

But, yes he's just a regular polite crook!

His other claims...

He was one of Elvis's best men at his wedding.

He convinced Elvis to record at American in 69'

He convinced Elvis to cut Suspicious Minds

Oh and he created the TCB logo as well...

Sure George...!

srj1967
04-03-2007, 03:58 PM

FFS, MauriceColgan, will you and everyone stop *****ing about certain people's posts, especially if they haven't said anything controversial??
If you don't like 03's posts or others, either comment on them constructively or ignore them altogether! :angry:

desiree
04-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Oh please drop it already! It?s ruinning the thread when there?s a bickering around. Let everybody have their own opinions ok?
With all respect though.

franny
04-04-2007, 02:45 AM
Thanks, everyone for all your opinions...:lol:

I was just curious, more than anything else, since it seems some consider him a fraud and others think he's great! :hmm:

franny

elvislady
04-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the link franny.
elvislady:D

Albert
04-07-2007, 03:01 PM

Sorry Maurice, but this is what we meant each time that we gave you a warning or even a ban. We have unbanned you several times to give you a second chance, hoping that you wouldn't stir things up.

Elvisfans (like every other people) may have different opinions on matters. Something you obviously can't handle.

I'm sorry to say, but you are no longer welcome to TCB-World. Good luck with all good things that you do in the Elvis community.